Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 is on sale on Origin

Just saw this ! Sims 3 expansions are 50% off on Origin right now until March 26.

Great time to purchase your missing expansions as this is a rare occurence.

Comments

• Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    I play on Steam but it’s nice for the people that play on origin.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,994 Member
    edited March 2021
    I just saw this as well. I was shocked. :o

I was hoping points would be on sale but it is just the expansion packs.

I am going to post about the sale in the Sims 3 Store section of the forum in case people don't see this thread.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • ingridmfingridmf Posts: 67 Member
    I just saw this and finally coped Supernatural and Island Paradise, thank you! :D
    Now the only mising EPs in my collection are Showtime, Pets & Into The Future, which...I don't really care for tbh so I'm good
  • Charla97Charla97 Posts: 66 Member
    edited March 2021
    Thank you for letting us know. I'm getting the ones I'm missing today now. I need Island Paradise and Supernatural.
  • CoriandreCoriandre Posts: 90 Member
    @Me1620 Great idea !

I just purchased my missing ones (Supernatural, Showtime and ITF). The are downloading now. The last time I purchased an expansion, the game would not show my store content and I had to re-download and re-install all store content. This took me many hours to do and I’m hoping I dont have to do this again !
    Soooooo......it’s happening again ! After installing the new expansions, all my store content is gone. On the launcher, in the download tabs all the items show as boxes instead of the picture of the item. In the installed tab only the venue buildings are showing. This is just crazy that I have to download everything back from the store again and install everything in game again. Took me like 5-6 hours to do last time. The bizarre thing is that I find zero info concerning this problem when I search the net. I cant be the only one this is happening to ?!?
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    Coriandre wrote: »
    Soooooo......it’s happening again ! After installing the new expansions, all my store content is gone. On the launcher, in the download tabs all the items show as boxes instead of the picture of the item. In the installed tab only the venue buildings are showing. This is just crazy that I have to download everything back from the store again and install everything in game again. Took me like 5-6 hours to do last time. The bizarre thing is that I find zero info concerning this problem when I search the net. I cant be the only one this is happening to ?!?

Try asking a question at Answers HQ. I don't use Origin to play so can't help you. Unless someone else happens to know what's going on you might have a better chance of finding out over there.
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    Now all that is missing is to have it for sale on console... :O
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Plot twist!! I hope steam has it on sale next.
  • EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    still expensive, i just need stuff packs
    and an unban of my sims medieval as well
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member

Happened to me all the time so I gave up on Sims 3 and now play Sims 4 and don't want to go back. In my case it seems to be something to do with old password/email before Origin and the ones I use now. EA techie couldn't sort it for me though.

I tried opening the game on Origin again and it does recognise my high resolution and 144 framerate so that is an improvement. It also didn't start with the launcher as it always has done in the past.
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    i know! i actually want to purchase Island Living because i heard about the shark attack while scuba diving. i just have a question- if i purchase the game- do i have to download it right now? i have all my games in the library that i own but it's not downloaded at the moment.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
    When I made my purchases, it downloaded automatically. Could be my setup though. Even if downloaded, you dont have to have it in game. You choose what extensions are active.
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    When I made my purchases, it downloaded automatically. Could be my setup though. Even if downloaded, you dont have to have it in game. You choose what extensions are active.

hmm maybe i should just update my settings on origin. Thank u btw.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227