March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    @Brandontaylor Popping in to say:

OnlyThinEquine-size_restricted.gif

Hope it's been an awesome day!
    (Don't feel too bummed - 30 is the new 20 remember? :mrgreen: )
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited March 2021
    Gonna hopefully catch up later today or tomorrow. Still no dental appointment and still in pain.

But for now, this is the 'Gumshoe' mystery I uploaded last week. We meet Anya's boyfriend Justin as she takes on her toughest case yet.

https://youtu.be/8JQiJqL8Ut0
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    @Brandontaylor Happy Birthday. I hope you had a happy day.
  • TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited March 2021
    SURVIVORS - THE RIVER

Updates on new members of “Greg’s River”

Magdalena Mercier
    Magdalena was what you might call an unexpected child, with her mother Danelle being in her mid-30’s and her farther almost 50 years old. As many “late” children she was spoiled a little bit, receiving a lot of attention, both from her parents and her older sister. As oppose to her sister Mussete, she was a clever kid and did well in school. She could have done a university degree in physics and chemistry, but did not finish it. She chose to follow the family to the now disestablish Nara settlement at springtime 2726, at the time 22 years old.

klAhhrM.jpg
    @Marinuttonen
    Completely missed the pic in your spoiler:
    whoopee cushions lol had to wiki that one.
    Pepper asked Octavio cute in the “fancy suits” – clear so much in love
    Congrats with the birthdays.
    Lovely shots, this was my favourite:
    Screenshot-16.jpg

@DivaDoodle
    Thanks for comment
    Amir seems to have taken many of Adan's genes, but that is not a bad thing.
    Love those toddler trolleys <3, downed Generations :), not sure my characters will be able to use them on auto though, but I hope so, otherwise I can create a 1 chapter story / or video “ The Walk”
    DaDa and Ah-da <3<3<3

@Silverofdreams30
    Jayden do enjoy working out :s ….lol

@Brandontaylor
    Way to go Robert, mommy loves you
    “Sing-a-Gram” how the Hook did EA get that idea
    Poor Daisy, she is such a nice girl, but her love-life is so unlucky, I guess she tries to hard.

@GraceyManor
    Great update – like how you story takes a lot of sudden turns.
    On the screenshots that “green’ish sky is wonderful.
    Love that female “Yoda”

@venusdemilosims
    Saw you video, really nice and funny (why no credits on the music?)

Shina bought new toys for Jiro, from the trade caravan. Jiro did not even have time to swap into her indoor garments, she wanted to play - NOW

NI437tu.jpg
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @Brandontaylor

Happy belated birthday,
    hope it was a good day.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

51045981536_814b7b8767_o.jpg

@Tamijo I think it is cool that you are working with the 'dice rolls'. I tried a few challenges when I started playing sims and quickly realized I was never gonna follow the rules. :grin: I'm glad though you are willing to change a few things if needed for the settlement.
    I would love to know if Greg loves her enough to help her with her anger management issues. :lol:
    I see she has the inappropriate trait and that would explain the fighting in game. It is one of the few I won't use as it just causes too many issues when I let my sims have autonomy.
    Magdalena sure has some weird combo of traits.
    Thanks for commenting on my double 'snobows' :grin:

@classicXcrime I read what happened in your game. So freaky!! I've still not ever had a meteor strike in the 9 years I've been playing. Lucky or unlucky? I dunno. I know I could force one with nraas, but I want a natural one first. LOL I totally am awed you didn't go back to previous save. Such an awesome backstory to the new story with Honey and the child of Gavin.

@emorrill Thanks for the comments on my pictures!! :smiley:

@DivaDoodle :smiley: Thank you! Comments on your story page.

@Silverofdreams30 Love the pics of Jayden exercising! I do love Liam's shaggy hair! It looks very natural.

@Brandontaylor Daisy looks so cute in her singing outfit!
    Gosh Christian and Cori look great together. Shame she is aging soon.
    Just as things seemed to be going well with Hal! Poor Daisy.
    Interesting plan if things don't work for Daisy finding a guy on her own.

@Karritz At least you got notified they would be working on it.
    Hope whatever they do improves things.

@GraceyManor Ah, the last Jedi. Willow huh? Ok, that's different. :grin:
    I guess Kaiden didn't make the grade. lol
    Hope she is able to save them from whatever befalls them.
    The world you are playing in is certainly beautiful. Love the backgrounds. What world is it?

@venusdemilosims Bummer still no appt and still hurting. Hope you get in soon.
    @bekkasan

I must have had missed your recent update,going to
    your page to read it.
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,765 Member
    Anyone know how to get Barnacle Bay to download? For some reason, it stops about a fourth of the way and says error. I looked it up and seen that it’s a common issue.
  • DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member

@Brandontaylor Happy 30th!!! Birthday!!! yesterday! Wishing you all the best the world has to offer! (((big hugs))) **toots horn** I hope you treat yourself to something nice, you are such a nice person!

Love the Langerak update! Robert is a good child to wash up the left dishes!

LOL Dwight in the snow! I like to give those rewards as well!

hahaha I love seeing the sing o grams!

Congrats Melonie on the promotion!

Nice to see Christopher! he is very handsome!

Good for Daisy to yell at Hal! how Dare he! hey did you change Hal's heartbreaker and non commitment? (In case Daisy wants to pursue him after his mess-up?) Oh! Oh! YES and Alien made just for Daisy would be cool! :)

@GraceyManor I love the pic of Willow and Yogi sparing!

@venusdemilosims love the video! sorry no appt, that is rough!

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you I love the guys with Amir it's so cute!

Wowie love those extra photos you show! I wish I had that pull up bar!

Dani is so lovey with her gorgeous eyes!

Liam is the happiest sim always smiling even eating! <3

@Tamijo yes they use the baby strollers/trollies autonomously! Where the terrain gets rough they will hold and carry their baby but as soo as it is smooth again, they use the stroller. You will find it where the automobiles are. the sims like to keep it in their backpack so you might give them more than one! I'm glad you DL Generations I hope you love it as much as I do!

Thank you! for your comments! Magdalena Mercier is lovely! I like insane sims! :)

aww kids love their toys! I am happy for Jiro!

• DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member
    142 The Watcher Watches: Adan & Teddy <3Amir & Terek2

As the busy new Father's clean up after their babies, they settle in for a happy family life.
    "This is a little bit harder than our 18hr shift at work." thinks Teddy emptying the stinky potty chair.
    That's right Teddy, being a parent is 24/7!!!
    MRalypj.jpg

Soon it's time for Terek's B day! But Amir would rather read, than watch a burrito baby age up!
    0FUAkQz.jpg
    Fy2fxOQ.jpg
    quntyIS.jpg

Terek is a cute mix of both Dad's, with Teddy's color eyes and hair.
    FiS1dnH.jpg
    XzO2xU2.jpg

"Did I just make that sound? thinks Terek
    zYnnQKP.jpg

Training starts! The day is filled with baby care. The boys seem to enjoy every bit of it.
    KNrlVRo.jpg
    8D9vifj.jpg

Either Teddy is a better teacher or this baby Terek learns more quickly! He is genius and perceptive.
    uM22MYr.jpg
    ZaKZAi5.jpg
    gJS8nzD.jpg

Teddy of course thinks Terek is a Super Baby!
    RkvUQiG.jpg
    cQq059z.jpg
    WtqIe7y.jpg

"Teddy are you getting stir crazy?" ask Adan
    "No, why are you?" says Teddy
    "No, not at all, I love this!" says Adan
    Well excuse me but Watcher is stir crazy and We are all going to the park! :D
    UWw4Qq8.jpg
    eNJpWO8.jpg

There seems to be a difference in parenting style between daredevil Adan, and cowardly Teddy!
    fSTRpz0.jpg
    FO2IzLl.jpg

"That's probably enough for today Terek, you probably want to play on the block table, on the sturdy firmament!" says Teddy, forgetting that he is an astronaut for a minute.

"Whooha! push it to the limit, son" encourages Adan
    CHQtftT.jpg

"Amir, time to get off now, honey." says Adan
    "No! Ah-da! No!" says Amir.
    F3bEUqQ.jpg
    7jHbzg2.jpg
    3nXMKsI.jpg

"Amir .... "

cepEvW2.jpg
    QIDiHHr.jpg

lol but Amir can't stay mad for long! Because his Ah-da is too much fun!
    tW3LU8h.jpg
    4NMJWCL.jpg
    kav0LQ1.jpg

While Teddy plays soccer Adan finishes up teaching Terek how to talk.
    It's frustrating to teach new words! finally Adan wants to know if Terek remembers the first word that Teddy has taught him!
    8JFhwom.jpg
    g6DLnsQ.jpg

"Monsta!" says Terek

TQHSmvv.jpg
    iz10KZ7.jpg
    Xw0YwxG.jpg
    :D

Since it's getting dark, Teddy wants them to go home, where it is more brightly lit! He runs so fast he leaves Amir playing at the block table! lol Watcher teleports the little guy in!
    Teddy "Oh there you are sweetie!" and tucks him in.
    The napping mats are wonderful and soft.
    vTIKofE.jpg
    HSSwg4o.jpg

It's nice for the adults to have their own room back to themselves!!
    or so I thought.
    During the night they both wish for another child :o
    6GZ8MHi.jpg
    Now Watcher wonders if they are trying to teach me a lesson for crabbing at them for not having baby wishes! 🤣🤣🤣

Alfie & Cherie
    I haven't seen Alfie (Max's doppelganger) in ages! they never seem to be home! The game keeps them much too busy so I reset their lot!
    Alfie leaves immediately!
    OrcJyvP.jpg

And waits forever for Cherie, who walks the entire way to the car instead of flying! LOL
    hzyPwC6.jpg

They end up at the gym.
    7QGpKZ8.jpg
    NJIaShS.jpg

And discuss their interests!
    "Fairy flight is so important for us fairies Alfie!"
    "Yes it is! Why did you walk for 20 minutes to the car, instead of flying, Cherie?"
    "Well I didn't want my legs to lose tone, Alfie, of course!"
    UKCqh34.jpg
    7aJxsaR.jpg
    rV99DUK.jpg

"Oh no, can't have that!" agrees Alfie!
    EkiBpeR.jpg

Alfie swims for a bit while Cherie goes to work out at the barre, when he emerges he gets caught in the bushes lol
    BHizjGV.jpg

"Alfie come join me!" calls Cherie. let's dance!
    jnTJByq.jpg
    3HtqLH2.jpg
    WbkwHXV.jpg
    6xOnpJ3.jpg

Fairy's are so graceful! 💖 :)
    FAE7w1b.jpg
  • classicXcrimeclassicXcrime Posts: 175 Member
    @bekkasan in all the years I've played TS3, I have never had a meteor strike happen! It was absolutely wild.

An update. Honey gave birth to a little boy who was named Keith. Honey also bred her mare Skedaddle, as she would be aging into an elder fairly soon, and she gave birth to a foal named Artemis. As of now, Keith is a child and Artemis just aged up into an adult horse.

Honey has rolled the want to get married and I think I am going to have her marry Chuck Hobble as he would be a better influence for Keith than Johnny. I plan on having Keith join the music career like his mom, but also be heavily involved with racing horses.
  • Charla97Charla97 Posts: 66 Member
    Hi I'm fairly new here, I've been getting into the Sims 3 so I hope it's okay to post here.  I've been doing some real life experiences gameplay which I'd love to share with you whilst I'm still well enough to.
    I'm Verity by the way :)

It had been one of those perfect sunny days, the bluest of skies and very hot. I'd spent the day at school feeling too hot in the horrible school uniform. On days like these I longed to be at home in front of the fan or swimming in the town lake. I loved to swim and so did my friends, after school we'd all agreed to go swimming. I was eager for that. My sister and brother always went straight home but there was an atmosphere at home and I didn't want to be there much. Mum was very ill and dad had a major drink problem. So when the bell rang my friends and I made our way from school, through the park and to the lake. There was already people swimming in it, not surprising on such a hot day. One of my friends, Sarah suffered from anxiety and she was nervous about swimming near people so we walked until we found a quieter part of the lake. We got changed and got into the water. It felt cool at first but we soon warmed up. We talked as we swam, about boys, about how boring school was and about the next best singer. We swam for about twenty minutes and then we got back into our uniforms and we went our separate ways as we headed home. It was Friday night and that meant it was family board games night. My eldest sister loved board games so she always chose what we played. Tonight it was Monopoly, The Simpsons edition. We all gathered in the front room, mum played to though she wasn't feeling well. Dad played but moaned through the whole game. I tried to ignore him and enjoy it.

The next day, after losing at Monopoly it was time to meet up with my friends. We met in town and went shopping and stopped of at a book shop. Like my mum I absolutely loved books and reading. I read all sorts, horrors, fantasy, romance, murder detective books... all sorts, just like mum. As we were leaving the book shop someone put their hand on my shoulder and said. "Hold it young lady, I think you took a book without paying."

That's it for now. Pictures to follow when I work out how to upload them :)

I react this out through the game.  It's such good fun!

Thanks for reading.

Verity :)
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,140 Member
    I promised one update every sunday, and today is wednesday.. however, this is not the full first part of the chapter of them going to university, but more like the... prologue? Prelude..? Or buildup.. kind of like a teaser, but not quite.. or something like that... hopefully, I will have posted about their first meeting with university on the coming sunday. It should be a relatively short update this time.

Chapter 7 – Oliver Freddy and Inge goes to university

Inge is talking to Ranveig on the phone.
    50949584608_f5b60fbc08_b.jpg

Inge: Oh yeah, of course we will be living together! The university has promised us a spot in one of the dormitories there. There we will be living with other students, too!

50950292286_3f7b2a3d3f_b.jpg

Inge: I am so excited to go and begin my studies!

And after she hangs up, she does this...

50950387827_39a1ecaf96_b.jpg

Inge: And after graduation I hope he will propose to me with a huge diamond ring!

Oh my, well... you look cute together, but I don't think you're there just yet..

The farewell scenes

Later the same day, it was time for her to leave over to Oliver Freddy and Ranveigs house, where the university van would pick them up.

50950292231_b73cb3da9a_b.jpg

Jarle: Bye, bye Inge! Daddy is going to miss you!

Iselin: Make mommy proud and be a good student! Bye, bye Inge!
    Usually I do not plan out scenes and only take screenshots of things as they happen, but I made an exception for this one. And it was incredibly hard to get a picture with both parents waving at the same time with Inge holding the suitcase and not have one of them stand partly in the window right behind Inge there... it had me cursing at the screen a few times... Even though Jarle is looking away and not waving in this very moment, this is the best of all the screenshots...

50950387737_414ea0b01d_b.jpg

Jarle: I am not sad... I just ate a.. lemon..

50950292131_2c996c49bb_b.jpg

When Jarle and Kristina showed signs of going about their own business, Iselin walked up to the edge of the lot almost as if she wanted to follow her daughter.

"Now it just happened. My oldest daughter is all grown up and moved out... I am so proud, yet I feel... I don't know.. a little scared... like a part of me just left..."

A few minutes later at the Motorsen family house.

50949585183_b48e8e90e1_b.jpg

Ranveig: Bye, bye Oliver Freddy! Take care and be a good student! Mommy is going to miss you lots! Bye bye! I am so proud of you! Bye bye!

50949585123_2452da9dff_b.jpg

"Oh, my dear son is leaving... I am going to miss my little boy. I hope Inge will be good to him..."

50950388492_6bdc8d2c7c_b.jpg

"Don't worry ma, I will take good care of your son..."

50950388457_ae4a8ded9c_b.jpg

"I hope so..."

50950388387_6e9b6285e9_b.jpg

"Now he has left and there will only be me and Robert Bråge in the house. I hope he calls me as soon as he has arrived. I want to know if he made it there and everything is ok..."

~~~~

~~~~

@Tamijo Thank you for the comment, I hope so too (about Inge doing well at university). How you can find time to read and comment on everybody's story is impressive. Shina Nara looks good, too.

@bekkasan Thanks for the comment. Yeah, getting a new job is easy if your boyfriends (or girlfriends) boss is also his/her aunt. :tongue: Nice screenshots of the waterfalls. The mountain in the back looks like its partially made of ..ice?
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Mary Kendall, A Ghost Story
    Lighter Than Air

Jamie was exhausted when he completed his hunting jobs but remembered to set his alarm. He did not want to oversleep and miss out on breakfast with Bekka. The alarms blast awakens him and he slaps it to stop the noise. Jumping out of bed with a smile on his face as he anticipates seeing her this morning. He showers, stuffs his books and clothes into his duffel, and checks out at the front desk. It's snowing again, so he carefully navigates the mountain roads on his motorcycle to Bekka's home. As much as he loves his motorcycle, Jamie realizes if he stays in Hidden Springs which is his intention to be with Bekka, he will need safer and warmer transportation during the winter months.
    51041455277_d90a32c840_o.jpg
    51041363291_abfebc281c_o.jpg
    51040630758_3fd6170f5c_o.jpg

Bekka greets him at the door with a smile on her cheerful face. He removes his riding gear and hangs it up to dry from the snow. “Come in and warm up.” she tells him.
    He looks at her face and smiles quizzically. He can see only happiness in her face this morning. Her eyes shine, sparkling in the morning light with mischief and happiness. The sorrowful eyes from the last weeks are gone. He hopes never to see them that way again.
    “Jamie, you have the most intense gaze when you look at me like that.”
    “You are different this morning. I can see a change in your eyes and face. Does it make you nervous when I look at your beautiful face?”
    Laughing, she looks up at him. “It does make me a little nervous sometimes, but I also feel very cared for. I feel lighter than air this morning. If I had wings, I would be flying. I slept well and woke up excited about the day. I’m glad you came for breakfast. Oh...you think I’m beautiful!” she exclaims blushing as she realizes what he had said.
    “You are beautiful and very much cared for!”
    She ducks her head unsure how to respond, never being very good at flirtations.
    “Thank you, Jamie. Before I forget I need to give you this. My Godfather gave me this book for you to look at. He thinks it might have some information that will help Mary. She picks the book up off the shelf and hands it to him.”
    “Thank you, and I will thank Renauld later.” He places the book carefully in his backpack.
    51041455297_af6b71b369_o.jpg
    51040630653_070e602d83_o.jpg

They sit down for breakfast, and Jamie is surprised and delighted to see Fried Peanut Butter and Banana sandwiches served. “I love these!” he exclaims happily, clapping his hands, his mouth watering in anticipation.
    Bekka grins, excited at this obvious delight.
    “I never told you my secret love for these sandwiches. How did you know?” he asks her.
    “A little help from a friend.”
    “Damien told you? We swore a blood oath to keep each other’s secrets!”
    “No, not Damien. He would never reveal your secret to me.”
    “That sneak Mary told you! I knew I shouldn’t have told her! Well, it was worth it! These are the best I’ve ever had. Thank you so much! But, you can’t reveal it to anyone else, ever!” He chomps happily on his sandwich and reaches for another when he finishes the first.
    Bekka watches him eat as she finishes her meal. She appreciates Jamie’s enthusiasm for whatever comes his way. He seems to look on the bright side of things. He's done so much for her that she's delighted that preparing these for him for breakfast makes him happy.
    When she finishes cleaning the kitchen after Jamie left, she takes some time and jots in her journal. Light...flying...happy.
    50924948038_7ae4951b98_o.jpg
    50925634561_c969589105_o.jpg

When Jamie arrives home, Damien greets him with a hearty hug. Mary comes out of the kitchen asking Jamie with a wink, “Did you enjoy your breakfast this morning?”
    “Very much so, thank you very much for spilling my secret to Bekka. She is a marvelous cook.” He hugs her as well.
    Lia demands a hug too and Jamie picks up the meowing cat, petting her and giving her smoochies.
    51040630928_64c95e6c71_o.jpg
    51040630903_6426c844ea_o.jpg
    51041363606_5bfd184d19_o.jpg

Jamie places the book from the Vanderburg’s on the table. “I’m meeting with Emmaline this morning to talk to her about finding a witch skilled in resurrections. Perhaps you could go through this book to see if you can discover anything that would help Mary. Renauld left a bookmark on the pages he thought would interest us. I did look at those and would want to talk with the witch or wizard about those passages. See if you can find anything else in it."
    He hands Mary another smaller volume that he just started going through. “This is a diary of a ghost hunter that I found in an old book shop years ago. I’ve not finished reviewing it so if you could start from where I put the marker I would appreciate it."
    51040630853_3cd721d7f7_o.jpg

Emmaline asked Jamie to meet her at the junkyard and is there when he arrives. He explains his need for a highly skilled witch for Mary's situation. She reminds him resurrection is a form of necromancy and is an exceedingly perilous undertaking. Only very experienced and well trained witches and wizards will attempt to perform resurrections. She gives him the name of two that he can contact.
    She also informs him about a concoction that can be prepared and eaten that will extend life. It is rumored to restore life to one who has lost theirs. She hopes the experienced witch can help with more information about the recipe, whether it works and if they can resurrect her.
    51041455522_d306d299bf_o.jpg
    51040630798_d25c26b7da_o.jpg

Damien reviews the book reading the marked passages, as well as looking through other sections. He finds several pages with drawings of plants and animals and recipes for potions and elixirs. Several are marked as life potions. He bookmarks those for Jamie to look at when he returns.

Mary reclines on the couch reading the diary and finds a chapter that deals with resurrection of ghosts rather than escorting them to the light. According to this the hunter must work with a magic user to concoct the appropriate spell or potion. Resurrection requires a soul otherwise they are raising the dead that will become zombies or rampaging skeletons. Most good witches will not do that.

Damien receives a call from the investigator at the insurance company that handled Betty’s estate. They were able to recover the money paid out in claims to Betty’s husband for her death once it was proved he murdered her. Because Damien was the principal investigator and uncovered the fraud and murder, he will receive a one-time payment from the company. The standard in the industry is 15 % of the total recovered. When Damien heard the amount, he sat down at his desk since his legs would no longer hold him up. They recovered the full 10 million that Betty's husband insured her for. His check will be 1.5 million Simoleons.
    51040630773_b5f608c5a4_o.jpg

Mary has completed the diary and has highlighted the parts she wants Jamie to review. Standing up and stretching she glances at the notes and pictures Damien left open on the table. As she reads the combination of those ingredients, she places her hand over her mouth. “That is disgusting,” she exclaims spontaneously!
    51041455427_d948fcf5af_o.jpg

Walking in the house Jamie overhears her comment. “What is disgusting?”
    “Come here and look,” she tells him and points to the book.
    Jamie’s eyes bug out and he agrees with her assessment. "I've read about deathfish. That has to be one of the ugliest creatures I've seen."
    Mary nods in agreement. "Why would anyone voluntarily eat something called a deathfish. I kinda think the name itself is an omen."
    51041363421_a1ec452d12_o.jpg

Damien tucks his phone back in his pocket. He is still in shock from his conversation with the investigator. He walks over to Jamie and Mary and tells them about the conversation with the investigator. He shakes his head in disbelief.
    “The money was deposited in my account as we spoke. I checked my bank app! Jamie! I can pay you back and provide you and Mary a salary for helping with the investigations and have plenty left over for the renovations and fund the investigations for the other ghosts.”
    Jamie punches Damien's arm and grins, “Congratulations man! This is awesome! I was thinking about buying a truck.”
    Damien tells him the amount of the check.
    Jamie blinks and grabs Damien's arm. "I think I'm going to buy a really big truck!"

They all laugh at Jamie's enthusiasm and sit back down and marvel at how their fortune changed in an instance with one phone call.
    Jamie hopes they will soon get the information they need to save Mary. He looks through the pages they marked. “I believe the next thing we need to do is push finding a witch to help with this. Emmaline is not the one we need, but she gave me two names and I will contact them. The oracle should be showing up anytime now too."
    “Damien, can I use your computer for a bit? I want to do a quick search on these names and add all the information we’ve found to my documents.”
    “Of course.”
    51040630703_ab58fda9f8_o.jpg

Jamie sits down at the computer and starts searches on the names from Emmaline. He opens his cloud documents and types in the information discovered from the two books to his previous documents. He studies all the information he has collected. Realizing there is a lot of similarity about the question of plants and foods that can extend life or even restore life in much of the documentation. If this works why is it not more commonly known? With an exact recipe as well. This may be a question for the oracle as well. She’s been around for a long time and might know the answers. He does not want to attempt anything on Mary that might injure her or place her life as it is in jeopardy. He knows Damien and Mary would rather her stay a ghost than return permanently to the netherworld. He does not think that is her fate but doesn't want to cause it. He hopes the oracle will confirm his suspicions.
    The search completes and he needs to narrow it down a bit further. The search produced too many similar names. He launches another program to narrow the field of names down to a manageable number. The doorbell rings and he looks up. Bekka has arrived.
    51043445518_c01cb48ba8_o.jpg

Bekka is on time for the appointment. Mary and Damien welcome her. Jamie, at the computer, calls out to them. "I’ll be with you in a few minutes. I need to complete this search."
    51044268867_ef940ddf3f_o.jpg

Mary and Damien begin looking through the sketches and information in Bekka’s proposal on the renovation of their home. Damien is impressed with how close she comes to what he envisioned and the improvements she made to his vision. He loves it. He appreciates how she has incorporated Mary and Jamie’s suggestions into his original ideas.
    He looks at the proposed budget and notices that she has separated it into several sections since he had originally told her the renovations would have to be done as he earned the money for each part. He figures up the total and is delighted to see the total is not as bad as he originally expected. With the reward money he can get it all done much quicker.
    51044268837_30fe2b6858_o.jpg

Bekka answers their questions and explains some design choices and how to maximize the available space without having to rebuild the exterior. Damien wanted the front facade of the home to remain the same, only repairing any areas from storm damage over the years. Jamie sits down next to Bekka and looks through her sketches as she is talking with Damien and Mary. He asks a couple of questions as Damien and Mary whisper together. He can see Mary nodding her head excitedly agreeing with whatever Damien just said. He has a feeling that Bekka is going to be hired.

Damien picks up the proposal and signs his name to it. "I know this is not the official contract but we want to hire you to do the renovations. You can start whenever you are ready. We are very happy with your proposal and your sketches are perfect. I would like for you to start with the main living area and work your way up if that would be acceptable."
    Bekka is thrilled. "I have a formal contract ready for you to sign. I look forward to working with you to complete the renovations to Spring Manor and help to make it the home you want. Yes, we can start down here but I recommend we do all the floors last so they will not get scuffed or marred from the construction."
    "That will be perfect. I've gotten used to my funny floors, but I expect they will look worse once the rest starts looking better. Bekka we plan to go out to dinner tonight and would love to have you join us. Jamie, are you caught up on your computer work and able to join us as well?"
    "Sure thing. I've got a few ghost hunting jobs later tonight but good for now."
    Everyone turns and looks at Bekka. Mary is nodding her head up and down and mouthing 'say yes'.
    Bekka giggles at Mary "Yes, I'd love to join you."
    While the others get ready to leave, Bekka takes out her scrap of paper and writes happy...happy...happy on it.
    51044268772_8f0ef9ff18_o.jpg
    51044181676_eb02f8672f_o.jpg
    51044181656_657045d700_o.jpg

The group take a taxi to town and decide on the diner which they all love for the good home cooking style food served there. Mary and Damien both notice how attentive and comfortable Jamie and Bekka seem with each other. They also notice that Bekka seems to smile a lot more and her eyes are not sad any longer. Damien says a silent prayer thanking the Fates and asking for further blessings for Mary and Jamie and Bekka.
    51043838128_c1813a7657_o.jpg
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    edited March 2021
    @bekkasan thanks. In the end I didn't notice if the internet went down yesterday or not. It was always available when I looked. But I spend a lot less time on the computer these days and I've been working on my blokes in The Great Southern Land. They are powering through their books.

I finally fixed the issues I was having with the household. I did all the things I said I was going to do previously as I couldn't just send them back to GSL from France. It was a case of saving them to the Library and placing them into the house by opening the save I did before sending them away. Had to annihilate them from that save first, then added them to the household again with the books they purchased in France in their inventory. Then after bulldozing their house and nothing changed I just deleted the TravelDB.package file from the save. I actually thought of doing that while they were in France but decided to get them home before I got rid of it. So now they've been to all three WA Worlds and got all the books and other interesting things from those worlds stashed safely in the house.

I was thinking of my boarding school principle where I add lots of young sims to be trained. I move new sims in and trained sims out in batches always with a few at different stages of their training. I know I'm going to need more potential spouses for my 30 Granchildren Young Adults to marry. So far we've had a full house but the number of sims in the household is diminishing as the young adults take their turn at going on vacation, getting married and moving into their own home in Cake Island. So far Javon, Robbie, Alecia and Lynette have married and moved out. I'm preparing for Felecia to go on vacation and move out. Next in line to go after Felecia is Wilfred. I have spouses made for this next pair and they are already in the Cake Island main household and reading their books.

After Wilfred there are still quite a lot of siblings to meet their potential spouse and marry and move out before we can start counting grandchildren.

Delores, Demetria, Sharonda, Coby, Meagan, Latoya, Joni, Constance and Kendall still have to marry and move out.

Now I made Daryl and Dave for Delores and Demetria and they are in the house in GSL and are almost ready to go to Cake Island. I thought it might be an idea to add another new prospective spouse and I made someone for Sharonda. He is Stan. After they got all of their books from the World Adventures worlds I thought I might as well make a potential spouse for Coby too and added her to the house with the 3 blokes. Now I have 4 sims living together who all want to get married and have babies with someone and I have to not let any of them become romantic interests with any of the others. There are 3 bedrooms with 2 bunk beds and a double bed so I could potentially add 2 more. But I think I'll keep it simple with just this group.

Dave, Daryl and Stan at the library.
    Dave-Daryl-Stan001.jpg

at home
    Dave-Stan-Daryl001.jpg

I made Daryl when I made Wendy and Frank and Larry. Wendy, Frank and Larry are already in Cake Island so I only had Daryl left so needed new potential spouses. I made Dave for Demetria. I'd made Daryl for Delores. Daryl, it turns out, is a funny sim and should give us some laughs occasionally.

I'm thinking, in order to keep training them without having time pass in the main game I might keep this separate save and transfer the trained potential spouses into the GSL House in the main game via the library. Or even just plop them directly into the Cake Island house depending on if I am sending sims to vacation in the Great Southern Land.

After I thought it was more efficient to train sims in groups rather than have to do it all individually I decided to take a chance. I checked my spreadsheet and Coby is next in line after Sharonda so I made him a potential spouse and that's why I made Clarice.

It took about 10 seconds for me to convince myself that I'm not playing a Sci Fi fantasy story so Clarice will not keep this skin. But I was tempted.
    Clarice001.jpg

I did give her blue hair though. I thought that was sufficiently close to reality.
    Clarice02.jpg

I discovered Daryl and Clarice becoming friendly - a bit of flirting is going on. Lucky Daryl is close to moving to Cake Island.

Stan is trying to not notice the flirting. He has thoughts of marrying Clarice too. He's the one who's going to be left alone with her when I send Daryl and Dave to Cake Island with Felecia and Frank. I made Stan for Sharonda.
    Caryl-Clarice-Stan001.jpg

Daryl-Clarice002.jpg

Daryl-Clarice003.jpg

When I make a partner for one of my young adults I make a sim with 2 or 3 traits in common with the sim I want them to marry. All of the potential spouses get Family Oriented trait and a lifetime wish of Surrounded by Family. So they all have a lot in common with each other as well.

Today is another busy day and I won't be home much. A few weeks ago my son was involved in an accident in my car. Fortunately the other driver was at fault and repairs are fully covered by their insurance. But today is the big day when we have to go and pick up the car from the repairer. We got a hire car provided by insurance so it has to be returned today too so that'll require both of us as he can't drive two cars. As a result I don't know how much time I'll have to progress my Sims so I may not get much done today. But on the bright side my internet seems to be stable at the moment. I've usually had about 10 or more goes at getting it connected within the first hour or so of turning the computer on and so far today I haven't had to do that at all.

That's it from me

Happy Simming All.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    @emorrill
    Aww, that kiss at the end is adorable!
    Oh no, no hints in any previous updates, you
    didn't miss anything.^_^

@Turjan
    Always found it so funny how sims go to sleep and then poof they are like 10
    yrs older.That world isn't appaloosa plains is it? If not, what world is it?

@DivaDoodle
    Feeling much better thanks!
    Enjoyed your updates as usual =)

@bekkasan
    I'm doing better, thank you.=)
    The world is called Saternorn: https://saturenorn.tumblr.com/
    Maybe its that fire sky that spooked her.The whole photo is kind of spooky.
    love it!.Yes, he does seem to be smitten, I love when they do facial expressions
    like that! <3

@VexingQuery
    The photo of the dog getting the young again
    potion is adorable! I love the floppy ears and facial expressions!

@Tamijo
    I love how you do your updates as a journal entry,
    very creative idea! That photo of the sunset and sim
    fishing is beautiful!

• TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    I hope you are all doing well. My provider is working on the cables in the road at the moment, which means my connection is a bit spotty and I'll keep this short. Thanks for all the comments, and I'll come back to them and more comments later.

@Brandontaylor I hope you had a great birthday! Ah, 30 :smile: . I hardly remember that :lol: .

@GraceyManor Yeah, I just take it that you get to see a few weeks in some important phase of the lives of your sims. So my teens are just 16/17, the kids maybe 10. It's saner that way.
    The world my current families live in is indeed not Appaloosa Plains, but Twinbrook.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Going home.
    gmTRkAf.jpg
    It's funny that I'm still not fed up with that music and sometimes just spend more time than needed in town view.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    @Turjan Wow, I never realized how pretty Twinbrook is.:o
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    @GraceyManor You probably think of the inhabitants :lol: .
  • meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    @Brandontaylor Happy belated 30th birthday! :) Hope you had an awesome day.
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    What'd I do in my game today? Well I took pics for the express purpose of giving an app the best chance of accurate pasting my sims' face onto real people. :lol:

I posted these in my thread about Wombo, but since this isn't Wombo, I don't want to flood the thread with them or anything. That's for you guys. You're special. :3 Spoiler tag because we don't waste good page space in these parts.
    So, if I put reference pics of all of my sims with these, we'd be here for awhile. Instead, I'll tell you who the original actor/singer/etc in the gif/image was and let you know how accurately I think the app captured the features of my sims. :3

First, let's get through the ones I have already posted in the Wombo thread. But if you haven't seen them, now you get to see them here. :tongue: (some of these are screencaps from gifs or videos, hence the blurriness of some).

These used to be Kylie Jenner. I put a pic of my sim, Andrea Browlin, for both of these.
    fPTpRfG.jpg

dNOqmbv.jpg

It might be the skin color, but I feel like the first one captures her a bit more. I noticed with Andrea that the app had a hard time deciphering some of her features (mainly her jaw and chin, which makes sense because her hair obscured part of it), but honestly I think it overall did a scary good job. Other Andrea ones:

This random Victoria Secret model. Definitely not buff enough to be Andrea, but we'll let it slide. :lol:
    SvQObwn.gif

Formerly Hailey Baldwin/Bieber. This one is a favorite of mine.
    moTpWk3.jpg

Next, did some with my sim Zeljka. All of hers boggle my mind. :lol:

First, Zeljka as Angelina Jolie as Malifcent. :lol:
    IOA4ojT.jpg

Random Victoria Secret Model #2. Another favorite of mine:
    xDBSZ8D.jpg

Another model I don't actually know:
    5MCLBV4.jpg

Zeljka as Angelina Jolie in a movie I don't recognize because I'm uncultured when it comes to non- Lara Croft Angelina Jolie movies:
    Sp96hFc.jpg

Selena Gomez. This one is pretty crazy, except for when she turns her face, but that makes sense. The app only has the front to go off of.
    nW9paG3.gif

This is my sim Lia Chao as some singer I've never heard of. This one is one of the best. Like, it's creepily accurate. :lol: And it was a test to see if putting an Asian face on a non-Asian would work and it seems to work pretty well!
    DVfP5Rt.gif

The rest are all Valentyna, because she's my favorite daughter. First, I pretty much had to put her as Britney Spears. It just fits. :lol: It did pretty good, even though the glare behind her almost messed it up. And the wink is...odd. :lol:
    CPCLsFS.gif

Val as Margo Robbie as Harley Quinn. 10/10 one of my favorites:
    YyWMcSg.jpg

This is another Val as Britney Spears and I love it a ton. I noticed you could put faces on the other 2 girls closest to her as well, but those didn't go quite well. :lol: But the Val one on Britney is, frankly, perfect.
    cE3vqS9.gif

If you want to try the app for yourselves, it's called ReFace. It works pretty well with what it's given, I think, but to help the program I would suggest the following:
    -make sure pics are well lit
    -make sure the sim isn't super expressive
    -make sure no hair is obscuring parts of the face
    -make sure to crop the images so mostly just the head is showing since other parts of the image aren't necessary and will just confuse the little robot trying to read your image. And that's just mean. He has a hard job. Give the guy a break! :lol:

Alright, time to go back to my favorite hobby of dressing my sims up and taking pics of them. Woooosh
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    I should've been asleep hours ago. Instead, I dress Valentyna in an Elle Woods inspired look because, frankly, Legally Blonde is adorable.
    3GxdKdE.png

iIvyy7D.png

9dBAczc.png

PBfoJXW.png

VrDYVDd.png

xjQACGv.png

d0fGnUk.png

83k3CpE.png

Okay, sleep time. :tired_face:
    edited March 2021
    I'm busy studying for an exam next week,
    so comments will be brief.

@bekkasan

Thank you, I like his hair as well.
    I enjoyed the Mary update, Jamie and Bekka seem to go along very well.

@DivaDoodle

thank you, www both of the toddlers are
    so adorable, I bet the guys now are very happy to have their own family.

@Emily4331

Your sim always looks great.

@Emily4331
    Interesting - looking forward to see your Britney Spears sim.
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin

SURVIVORS - THE RIVER

Updates on new members of “Greg’s River”

Mateo Mercier
    Mateo was born in “Ent” in 2719 at the home of his grandparents, where his mother Mussete also lived, he does not know anything about his farther. His relations with his mother were never perfect, he was actually more devoted to his grandparents especially Danelle. She was very caring towards him and also the subject of his teaching as he was never in primary school. Mateo was rather introvert, the child you do not notice. He is a clever boy, good at reading from an early age. He moved to the lowlands springtime 2726 with his family.

gsydTRl.jpg

@bekkasan
    Thanks for comment
    Saint Patrick's Day – are you of Irish descent ?

I'm glad though you are willing to change a few things if needed for the settlement
    Thanks, I did change one or two personally traits, but only because that “came” too often. I will also continue to cheat whenever needed, as seen from my “Editorial” next update, where “chaos” became unbearable.

Comment at your place asap, a long text’y post so need a bit of time to digest.

@DivaDoodle – thanks for comment
    Already like generations, already seen many new “actions” that I’m quite sure come from that update.
    Ohh they got two kids – I missed that somewhere
    Congrats with Terek turning toddler, very cute kid.
    Watcher is stir crazy Rolf
    Love the pic where Cherie hands over the flowers

@Charla97
    Pictures to follow when I work out how to upload them
    What I do:
    I drag and drop to this site: https://imgur.com/ guess you need a free account.
    Click in the green circle upper right corner and chose images. Then drag drop from your folder
    After uploading click you own picture and copy the link. I use the one called:
    Linked BBCode (message boards)
    Good luck

@Sprottenham
    How you can find time to read and comment on everybody's story
    I see that as a question of priority – I like others to read and comment on my updates – so I think it is only fair to do the same.

Oh my, well... you look cute together, but I don't think you're there just yet..
    be nice :D
    Regarding the spoiler: Yes some situations a bit of “cheating” is the best option.
    Ranveig not looking happy at all.

@Karritz
    Ya they are cute those plant sims, but hard to fill them into our “As close to RL as possible” fiction :D
    Glad that you son was not injured

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top