Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mary Kendall, A Ghost Story

Comments

• DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member

@bekkasan this part: ''She unconsciously thought of Jamie and pictured him, calling on his strength to help her. That is what woke him. She doesn't of course know what she did as she doesn't understand the full connection with him yet. He didn't realize she called him but yeah it is because they are soulmates.'' I am so glad you mentioned that Bekka unconsciously called on Jamie's strength! I think this is Huge! and Awesome! :smile::smiley:<3
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    DivaDoodle wrote: »
    @bekkasan this part: ''She unconsciously thought of Jamie and pictured him, calling on his strength to help her. That is what woke him. She doesn't of course know what she did as she doesn't understand the full connection with him yet. He didn't realize she called him but yeah it is because they are soulmates.'' I am so glad you mentioned that Bekka unconsciously called on Jamie's strength! I think this is Huge! and Awesome! :smile::smiley:<3

Yep, it is huge and will factor later too in the story too. :wink:

@DeafSimmer Thank you for letting me know you are reading. :heart: That's awesome! I do hope you are enjoying it. New update coming later today! :smiley:
    edited June 2021
    Hope

https://youtu.be/FscIgtDJFXg

Bekka arrives back home and Jamie is sitting on the sofa petting Sari. She plops down on the love seat next to him sighing softly. “The clients liked my designs, so I have another job lined up that I’m excited about. I’m glad to be back home, though.”
    Sari greets Bekka with a nose bump and jumps down as Rani bounces into the room. She chases the kitten around the room and then the Rani turns around and pursues her. Jamie and Bekka laugh at the antics of the adorable cats.
    Bekka feels some of the tenseness flow out of her as she watches her cats play. She looks over at Jamie and realizes he is looking at her rather than at the cats.
    50918384263_5f1cd4e029_o.jpg
    50918384183_a1c717cb3c_o.jpg

“You seem a little tense. Do you want to talk about it?” Jamie reaches out to put his arm around her. He can feel she is relaxing as she watches the cats play. He scoots closer to her and gently massages her back as he waits to see how she answers his question. She does not pull away, so he enjoys giving her a relaxing back massage.

Bekka feels the last of her emotional turmoil ease as Jamie strokes her back.
    “Mmm, that feels so good Jamie!" She arches her back like a cat as it is petted. "Dr. Pena asked about Josh and one thing led to another in talking with her. I felt it was time to forgive myself and him. But yeah, I’m still a little stressed from the discussion. I really think I’ll be fine. I feel better just being home, watching the cats and talking with you. How are you? Did you get some sleep?”
    “I'm glad you were able to talk about it and take that step.” He looks into her eyes and seems satisfied with what he sees. “I did take a nice nap and am rested. I woke up with Sari curled up next to me.”

“Sari is a wonderful cuddler and loves to sleep. I’m glad you got some rest. You work again tonight?”
    “Yes, I won’t be off until Friday.”
    “Oh, I almost forgot, I had a text from Damien and one from Mary this afternoon. Damien’s asked me to come by tomorrow afternoon to meet with y'all. I had texted him that the proposal was ready. I texted him back that I would be there. Mary said they were having a wonderful time and that she looks forward to seeing me tomorrow as well.”
    “Good, that’s great! He texted me and told me to come home tomorrow morning. He wants to help me go through some of my books. I think he is anxious to discover something to help Mary resurrect. I’m just sorry I couldn’t figure out a way to send them off for a honeymoon but it was too dangerous for Mary to leave the area.”
    “I’m certain they enjoyed their time together." She stands up stretching her arms after the back rub. "You are very good at back rubs. Thank you! I'll start fixing that supper I promised you.”
    Jamie smiles, “Only if I can help.”
    50967741051_37f9d07237_o.jpg
    50967740981_ca94b0c602_o.jpg

They work together fixing dinner. Jamie fixes the vegetables and a side salad while Bekka prepares cheesesteak sandwiches.They enjoy the meal even more having prepared it together. She entertains him with stories of some of the unusual requests from clients. He entertains her with stories of some of the strange ghost hunting jobs he has been on.
    50925765107_659772ccaf_o.jpg

His phone starts ringing, and he looks at the display.
    “Sorry, I need to answer this. It’s Liam from the science center and he only calls for emergencies. Usually, it is one of his assistants that schedules my jobs.” Bekka nods and cleans up the dishes and waits while Jamie talks with Liam.
    50925765032_8b17d24e12_o.jpg

“I’m so sorry. I had hoped we could have more time together before I had to go to work. Two spirits have trapped a family, and they cannot get out of the house. Are you sure you are going to be ok? I can call him back and have him send another hunter."
    “I will be fine. I'm going to my Godmother's and spend some time with them. Please be careful,” she tells him. She knows he is very good at his job but will worry, nevertheless.
    Jamie hugs her goodbye. "Call me or text if you need me. I'll come." Bekka nods.
    Bekka jots down anxious...tense...Jamie...comfort...laughter...peace
    50924949048_874e699106_o.jpg
    50925764962_38ee8604e2_o.jpg

Bekka rides across town to her Godparents house. The snow falls gently down as she winds her way down the mountain. Her Godmother is home but apparently not for long. She welcomes her with a loving hug. They talk briefly, and Bekka informs her about the visits with the counselor at the hospital.
    “I’m proud of you for going. I wish I didn’t have this dinner to go to, so we could talk longer. Renauld is in the library upstairs, and I'm certain he would love to talk with you."
    50925635376_383b5bdfbf_o.jpg
    50925764867_421ed0eb1d_o.jpg

Bekka finds Renauld leaving the library. He hugs her to him and looks her over and smiles. "You seem happier, less serious and sad. Am I reading you right?"
    "Yes, you are. I'm doing much better thanks to all of you for caring for me."
    "We love you my dear and only want you to be happy. You will let me know if you have any more problems with anyone in your life?"
    "Yes, I promise, you will be the first to know." Renauld nods and pats her shoulder.
    "You are friends with that ghost hunting fellow right?”
    “Yes.”
    "What an interesting profession and life he must lead. Catarina and I have been going through some of our extensive records to see if we can discover anything to help Miss Mary. I found one book that they might be interested in looking through. Apparently one of my ancestors was married to a witch. It has some fascinating information about miraculous resurrections and reanimation rituals. Do you have time to get it to them? I have meetings scheduled back to back tomorrow. I don’t want to trust it to a courier.”
    “Sure, I will be at the house tomorrow presenting my proposed renovations. Thank you so much for helping.”
    “Renovating Spring Manor will be a great job for your company. We are so proud of you! I will continue looking. There is some interesting information in those historic records and some pretty boring stuff too! I can’t imagine why some of it was kept, but history is history.”
    50925764787_19119c9dec_o.jpg

After arriving home Bekka relaxes in front of the glowing fire. The room soon warms and the chill from her ride home is gone. She pulls out her journal and looks at her list of words from today. Rose...safe...regret...stress...trust...strength...determination...joy...cheerful...excited...job...Josh...disappointed...sadness...anger...frustration...forgiveness...anxious...tense...Jamie...comfort… laughter...peace.
    Most of the emotions are positive and are very volatile during the day. Some are brief, sparking in her heart and mind momentarily and then poof are gone and others linger longer and keep her heart and mind off balance. Of course a session with a psychiatrist brings out a variety of emotions as well. Her emotions centered around Jamie are very positive.
    Bekka prays Jamie's job is going well and he rescues the family.
    She sends a text to Mary apologizing for interrupting the honeymoon. She asks a question and Mary quickly texts back with an answer and a question of her own. Laughing at the question she texts Mary back answering with a few laughing emoji and ‘tell you tomorrow’. Bekka texts Jamie asking him if he would like to come for breakfast in the morning before he goes home. He responds quickly. "I'd love to have breakfast with you."
    She adds hopeful to the list as well as love and family. She realizes that it is not just blood that makes family. It is love and she loves her Godfamily very much and is sorry she shunted them aside in her hurt and desire to be alone in her misery. She will not let that happen again. She is feeling so very hopeful for the first time in a long time for her future.
    50924948763_8cb737a669_o.jpg
    50924948718_b72ee1594a_o.jpg
    Post edited by bekkasan on

@bekkasan Wonderful Update! and Perfect song for this update!

Well this sure is looking up for Bekka! she is coming right along!

Look how many more positive words than negative! Progress!

I again love how you write when Jamie watches her, sensing! I just can't get enough of it! :)

OH! Wonderful that her Godfather has books that may help Mary!

I want to know what question Mary texted to Bekka to make her laugh! ;):)

''Jamie hugs her goodbye''----um no he did not! please tell me what it was! lol :):smiley: or is it a pose?

''He responds quickly. "I'd love to have breakfast with you."'' fills me with Joy! I love that they are seeing each other more and more!

<3

@DivaDoodle Thank you! I just love that song and had to use it. :smiley: I do appreciate so much your comments. :heart:
    I kinda think I would love to have a Jamie that could just look at me and know what I was thinking and want to take all my pain away. :sigh:
    Question, what question? :grin: You will see in the next update. Maybe? :grin:
    I thought it was the picture of a hug before the actual hug, but now I'm not sure. I was playing with poses too! My brain is so freaking foggy anymore. :warning: Old brain!
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @bekkasan Yay! New chapter! :smiley: (I can't figure out if I should call them chapters or updates... I think chapters is better. ;) ) It was a joy to read in between all the internet craziness over here today. :confounded: Seems like all is well now. 🤞 Praying it stays that way...
    Aww at the fact that Jamie is - of course - waiting for her back at her house and also that her cats are warming up to him. :blush:
    She looks over at Jamie and realizes he is looking at her rather than at the cats.
    ^Of course he is. :smirk:<3
    Him rubbing her back. So sweet. <3
    I saw that he didn't mention that her emotions woke him up. ;) (I mean, we all know why. :p )
    "You are very good at back rubs. Thank you! I'll start fixing that supper I promised you.”
    Jamie smiles, “Only if I can help.”
    ^Awwwwwwwww. <3
    LOVE this pose!
    50967740981_ca94b0c602_o.jpg
    I wish I could've listened to the stories they were telling each other over dinner. :mrgreen:
    Oh I thought Liam would have discovered something and had some good news for Jamie...Darn.
    Such a heartwarming conversation between Bekka and Renauld. <3 (He looks so much more handsome and sophisticated with hair. :) )
    Oooh, maybe he has found a lead! :grin: I hope so!
    Most of the emotions are positive and are very volatile during the day. Some are brief, sparking in her heart and mind momentarily and then poof are gone and others linger longer and keep her heart and mind off balance.
    ^Love the way you described that. :star:
    Okay I need to know what Mary and Bekka were texting about. :lol:;) I look forward to finding out.
    She realizes that it is not just blood that makes family. It is love and she loves her Godfamily very much and is sorry she shunted them aside in her hurt and desire to be alone in her misery. She will not let that happen again. She is feeling so very hopeful for the first time in a long time for her future.
    ^YAY! <3<3*Holds hand to heart* I am SO happy for her! She should be very proud of herself for overcoming all of that and what an inspiration she can be to those who have been in similar situations. <3 Jamie will give her the future she's always hoped for, I just know it. :blush: He's wonderful! <3
    I haven't heard that song in a while. :mrgreen: It's a great one and fit this chapter perfectly! :star:
    Looking forward to more as always! :kissing_heart:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg

@bekkasan I think having a guy like Jamie would be awesome! It is just so sexy that he watches her all the time!

OK now I have to direct my sims to find out what they were Really doing! It might be the beginning of the amorous hug! I HOPE it is not a pose,

because the detective in me Loves the real to figure out stuff that the wonderful elusive writer tries to keep from me!!! ;) heheheeeee

You can't hide anything from me bekkasan! 😎 ;):* I Will find out! >:):D:D:D:D
  • TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited March 2021
    @bekkasan
    Nice quite afternoon before dinner, glad to hear Bekka’s tensions disappeared being with Jamie and the cats. Darn that work should spoil all that, but that is what work sometimes do.
    Great to hear that Renauld and Catarina may have found something to help Mary.
    Perfect that Bekka realize that solitude is not a solution when you feel bad and she will let her loved ones back into her heart and mind.
    As always brilliant HQ images - Lovely song, I knew that one from way back in the Dark Ages :)
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin

@emorrill I call them both, chapters or updates. :grin: Thanks so much for reading and your comments! :heart: Sorry am just responding. It has been a busy week and gosh, no playtime let alone time to comment. :cry:
    I love the way they are looking at each other with that pose! I'm happy there are so many talented posemakers out there.
    No, Liam wears many hats but no new info on Mary from him.
    hehe, its just a cute thing but you will like what they are texting about.
    Yeah, I think Bekka needed to acknowledge the hurt she put her loved ones through even though they love her and supported her choice.
    I love that song. So much hope in it.

@DivaDoodle lol, :smiley: I'll have to look to be sure but I don't have all my poses in this save. I popped into the Ballan's this morning as my visit got changed to early afternoon, so had some time to play and that save was loaded from last Sunday. :grin:

@Tamijo Thanks for your comments! I appreciate reading them so much. :smiley::heart:
    She has come a long way in a short time.
    I sure hope so. I'm looking forward to playing the next chapter and writing it up.
    hehe, dark ages! I know I'm one of the 'oldie goldies' on the forum so a lot of my fav songs are from way back. That one has been released by so many others but I love the original version from my youth.

Lighter Than Air

Jamie was exhausted when he completed his hunting jobs but remembered to set his alarm. He did not want to oversleep and miss out on breakfast with Bekka. The alarms blast awakens him and he slaps it to stop the noise. Jumping out of bed with a smile on his face as he anticipates seeing her this morning. He showers, stuffs his books and clothes into his duffel, and checks out at the front desk. It's snowing again, so he carefully navigates the mountain roads on his motorcycle to Bekka's home. As much as he loves his motorcycle, Jamie realizes if he stays in Hidden Springs which is his intention to be with Bekka, he will need safer and warmer transportation during the winter months.
    51041455277_d90a32c840_o.jpg
    51041363291_abfebc281c_o.jpg
    51040630758_3fd6170f5c_o.jpg

Bekka greets him at the door with a smile on her cheerful face. He removes his riding gear and hangs it up to dry from the snow. “Come in and warm up.” she tells him.
    He looks at her face and smiles quizzically. He can see only happiness in her face this morning. Her eyes shine, sparkling in the morning light with mischief and happiness. The sorrowful eyes from the last weeks are gone. He hopes never to see them that way again.
    “Jamie, you have the most intense gaze when you look at me like that.”
    “You are different this morning. I can see a change in your eyes and face. Does it make you nervous when I look at your beautiful face?”
    Laughing, she looks up at him. “It does make me a little nervous sometimes, but I also feel very cared for. I feel lighter than air this morning. If I had wings, I would be flying. I slept well and woke up excited about the day. I’m glad you came for breakfast. Oh...you think I’m beautiful!” she exclaims blushing as she realizes what he had said.
    “You are beautiful and very much cared for!”
    She ducks her head unsure how to respond, never being very good at flirtations.
    “Thank you, Jamie. Before I forget I need to give you this. My Godfather gave me this book for you to look at. He thinks it might have some information that will help Mary. She picks the book up off the shelf and hands it to him.”
    “Thank you, and I will thank Renauld later.” He places the book carefully in his backpack.
    51041455297_af6b71b369_o.jpg
    51040630653_070e602d83_o.jpg

They sit down for breakfast, and Jamie is surprised and delighted to see Fried Peanut Butter and Banana sandwiches served. “I love these!” he exclaims happily, clapping his hands, his mouth watering in anticipation.
    Bekka grins, excited at this obvious delight.
    “I never told you my secret love for these sandwiches. How did you know?” he asks her.
    “A little help from a friend.”
    “Damien told you? We swore a blood oath to keep each other’s secrets!”
    “No, not Damien. He would never reveal your secret to me.”
    “That sneak Mary told you! I knew I shouldn’t have told her! Well, it was worth it! These are the best I’ve ever had. Thank you so much! But, you can’t reveal it to anyone else, ever!” He chomps happily on his sandwich and reaches for another when he finishes the first.
    Bekka watches him eat as she finishes her meal. She appreciates Jamie’s enthusiasm for whatever comes his way. He seems to look on the bright side of things. He's done so much for her that she's delighted that preparing these for him for breakfast makes him happy.
    When she finishes cleaning the kitchen after Jamie left, she takes some time and jots in her journal. Light...flying...happy.
    50924948038_7ae4951b98_o.jpg
    50925634561_c969589105_o.jpg

When Jamie arrives home, Damien greets him with a hearty hug. Mary comes out of the kitchen asking Jamie with a wink, “Did you enjoy your breakfast this morning?”
    “Very much so, thank you very much for spilling my secret to Bekka. She is a marvelous cook.” He hugs her as well.
    Lia demands a hug too and Jamie picks up the meowing cat, petting her and giving her smoochies.
    51040630928_64c95e6c71_o.jpg
    51040630903_6426c844ea_o.jpg
    51041363606_5bfd184d19_o.jpg

Jamie places the book from the Vanderburg’s on the table. “I’m meeting with Emmaline this morning to talk to her about finding a witch skilled in resurrections. Perhaps you could go through this book to see if you can discover anything that would help Mary. Renauld left a bookmark on the pages he thought would interest us. I did look at those and would want to talk with the witch or wizard about those passages. See if you can find anything else in it."
    He hands Mary another smaller volume that he just started going through. “This is a diary of a ghost hunter that I found in an old book shop years ago. I’ve not finished reviewing it so if you could start from where I put the marker I would appreciate it."
    51040630853_3cd721d7f7_o.jpg

Emmaline asked Jamie to meet her at the junkyard and is there when he arrives. He explains his need for a highly skilled witch for Mary's situation. She reminds him resurrection is a form of necromancy and is an exceedingly perilous undertaking. Only very experienced and well trained witches and wizards will attempt to perform resurrections. She gives him the name of two that he can contact.
    She also informs him about a concoction that can be prepared and eaten that will extend life. It is rumored to restore life to one who has lost theirs. She hopes the experienced witch can help with more information about the recipe, whether it works and if they can resurrect her.
    51041455522_d306d299bf_o.jpg
    51040630798_d25c26b7da_o.jpg

Damien reviews the book reading the marked passages, as well as looking through other sections. He finds several pages with drawings of plants and animals and recipes for potions and elixirs. Several are marked as life potions. He bookmarks those for Jamie to look at when he returns.

Mary reclines on the couch reading the diary and finds a chapter that deals with resurrection of ghosts rather than escorting them to the light. According to this the hunter must work with a magic user to concoct the appropriate spell or potion. Resurrection requires a soul otherwise they are raising the dead that will become zombies or rampaging skeletons. Most good witches will not do that.

Damien receives a call from the investigator at the insurance company that handled Betty’s estate. They were able to recover the money paid out in claims to Betty’s husband for her death once it was proved he murdered her. Because Damien was the principal investigator and uncovered the fraud and murder, he will receive a one-time payment from the company. The standard in the industry is 15 % of the total recovered. When Damien heard the amount, he sat down at his desk since his legs would no longer hold him up. They recovered the full 10 million that Betty's husband insured her for. His check will be 1.5 million Simoleons.
    51040630773_b5f608c5a4_o.jpg

Mary has completed the diary and has highlighted the parts she wants Jamie to review. Standing up and stretching she glances at the notes and pictures Damien left open on the table. As she reads the combination of those ingredients, she places her hand over her mouth. “That is disgusting,” she exclaims spontaneously!
    51041455427_d948fcf5af_o.jpg

Walking in the house Jamie overhears her comment. “What is disgusting?”
    “Come here and look,” she tells him and points to the book.
    Jamie’s eyes bug out and he agrees with her assessment. "I've read about deathfish. That has to be one of the ugliest creatures I've seen."
    Mary nods in agreement. "Why would anyone voluntarily eat something called a deathfish. I kinda think the name itself is an omen."
    51041363421_a1ec452d12_o.jpg

Damien tucks his phone back in his pocket. He is still in shock from his conversation with the investigator. He walks over to Jamie and Mary and tells them about the conversation with the investigator. He shakes his head in disbelief.
    “The money was deposited in my account as we spoke. I checked my bank app! Jamie! I can pay you back and provide you and Mary a salary for helping with the investigations and have plenty left over for the renovations and fund the investigations for the other ghosts.”
    Jamie punches Damien's arm and grins, “Congratulations man! This is awesome! I was thinking about buying a truck.”
    Damien tells him the amount of the check.
    Jamie blinks and grabs Damien's arm. "I think I'm going to buy a really big truck!"

They all laugh at Jamie's enthusiasm and sit back down and marvel at how their fortune changed in an instance with one phone call.
    Jamie hopes they will soon get the information they need to save Mary. He looks through the pages they marked. “I believe the next thing we need to do is push finding a witch to help with this. Emmaline is not the one we need, but she gave me two names and I will contact them. The oracle should be showing up anytime now too."
    “Damien, can I use your computer for a bit? I want to do a quick search on these names and add all the information we’ve found to my documents.”
    “Of course.”
    51040630703_ab58fda9f8_o.jpg

Jamie sits down at the computer and starts searches on the names from Emmaline. He opens his cloud documents and types in the information discovered from the two books to his previous documents. He studies all the information he has collected. Realizing there is a lot of similarity about the question of plants and foods that can extend life or even restore life in much of the documentation. If this works why is it not more commonly known? With an exact recipe as well. This may be a question for the oracle as well. She’s been around for a long time and might know the answers. He does not want to attempt anything on Mary that might injure her or place her life as it is in jeopardy. He knows Damien and Mary would rather her stay a ghost than return permanently to the netherworld. He does not think that is her fate but doesn't want to cause it. He hopes the oracle will confirm his suspicions.
    The search completes and he needs to narrow it down a bit further. The search produced too many similar names. He launches another program to narrow the field of names down to a manageable number. The doorbell rings and he looks up. Bekka has arrived.
    51043445518_c01cb48ba8_o.jpg

Bekka is on time for the appointment. Mary and Damien welcome her. Jamie, at the computer, calls out to them. "I’ll be with you in a few minutes. I need to complete this search."
    51044268867_ef940ddf3f_o.jpg

Mary and Damien begin looking through the sketches and information in Bekka’s proposal on the renovation of their home. Damien is impressed with how close she comes to what he envisioned and the improvements she made to his vision. He loves it. He appreciates how she has incorporated Mary and Jamie’s suggestions into his original ideas.
    He looks at the proposed budget and notices that she has separated it into several sections since he had originally told her the renovations would have to be done as he earned the money for each part. He figures up the total and is delighted to see the total is not as bad as he originally expected. With the reward money he can get it all done much quicker.
    51044268837_30fe2b6858_o.jpg

Bekka answers their questions and explains some design choices and how to maximize the available space without having to rebuild the exterior. Damien wanted the front facade of the home to remain the same, only repairing any areas from storm damage over the years. Jamie sits down next to Bekka and looks through her sketches as she is talking with Damien and Mary. He asks a couple of questions as Damien and Mary whisper together. He can see Mary nodding her head excitedly agreeing with whatever Damien just said. He has a feeling that Bekka is going to be hired.

Damien picks up the proposal and signs his name to it. "I know this is not the official contract but we want to hire you to do the renovations. You can start whenever you are ready. We are very happy with your proposal and your sketches are perfect. I would like for you to start with the main living area and work your way up if that would be acceptable."
    Bekka is thrilled. "I have a formal contract ready for you to sign. I look forward to working with you to complete the renovations to Spring Manor and help to make it the home you want. Yes, we can start down here but I recommend we do all the floors last so they will not get scuffed or marred from the construction."
    "That will be perfect. I've gotten used to my funny floors, but I expect they will look worse once the rest starts looking better. Bekka we plan to go out to dinner tonight and would love to have you join us. Jamie, are you caught up on your computer work and able to join us as well?"
    "Sure thing. I've got a few ghost hunting jobs later tonight but good for now."
    Everyone turns and looks at Bekka. Mary is nodding her head up and down and mouthing 'say yes'.
    Bekka giggles at Mary "Yes, I'd love to join you."
    While the others get ready to leave, Bekka takes out her scrap of paper and writes happy...happy...happy on it.
    51044268772_8f0ef9ff18_o.jpg
    51044181676_eb02f8672f_o.jpg
    51044181656_657045d700_o.jpg

The group take a taxi to town and decide on the diner which they all love for the good home cooking style food served there. Mary and Damien both notice how attentive and comfortable Jamie and Bekka seem with each other. They also notice that Bekka seems to smile a lot more and her eyes are not sad any longer. Damien says a silent prayer thanking the Fates and asking for further blessings for Mary and Jamie and Bekka.
    51043838128_c1813a7657_o.jpg
  • meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    @bekkasan I've been catching up half of the night, lol. I've been away for almost a month so these comments are quite outdated, but here they are ;) .

Starting from the post from 21st of February...
    Bekka is right: getting frustrated is not helping, but doing things does. I wish I had her determination every time I get overwhelmed with too many chores :s .
    Poor Jamie has awful working hours :s !
    Aww, Jamie is a dream guy <3 . How sweet of him to offer to fix the breakfast after his hard night at work and let her shower instead... And he even helped her with other things on her to do list :love: .
    I like Bekka's dining room! The table and chairs are pretty, and the pattern on the chairs looks so nice with the curtains. But then again, she is a designer ;) .
    "Trust" is a good word. It's good to see her getting there .
    Oh Jamie, you've done enough already, it's ok to go to sleep now! :o He's amazing with everything he's doing for her <3 . Almost too good :smiley: . There's no way to resist that.
    Such a cute little kitty on an enormous food bowl :love:
    I love the fireplace and the clock and candle shelf next to it in the living room. Pretty!
    " “I will think of you as I take care of them.” “That is even better! I hope you stare at them all day.” he smiles enthusiastically." Ha ha, Jamie is such a flirt :smiley: (and I have a serious crush on him :love: ).
    Yes, he needs a nap. Glad Bekka feels joy when knowing he's there when she'll get back :blush: . Her therapist will like it.

I'm glad Bekka's clients were happy with her work. No wonder since she had Jamie inspiring her :wink:
    As expected, the therapist seems very happy with Bekka's progress :)
    It's very beautiful how Bekka is describing Jamie to her therapist, and very true too... It's like Jamie doesn't realize himself that he's definitely got healing skills.
    Sounds like Bekka and Josh's relationship was all about Josh from the start... And then he even started limiting her life :s . A recipe for catastrophy...
    Bekka's fairy ears are too cute. She's super beautiful too - I love the little bit sad look on her face in the picture right under the picture of her therapist where she's talking about having to forgive both herself and her ex. And the picture where she's crying. Bekka is doing great in her therapy... How great to see her forgive herself and for his ex.
    She will have better times ahead! Looking forward to seeing the babies she and Jamie will make together ;) , but I'm afraid I have to wait for a while :smiley: .
    Oh yes, Jamie is definitely an empath. He can even pick up Bekka's feelings when she's far away :o . And he looks gorgeous on that couch :love: !
    The therapist seems impressed and for a good reason :) .
    Aww, their expressions are full of happiness and hope when they talk on the phone.

I knew Jamie would be waiting, but it's still nice to see him there when Bekka comes home... And petting a cat :love: .
    And a massage! Seriously, Jamie must be the most wonderful man ever. No wonder I have a crush on him, lol. No wonder Sari likes him too :blush: .
    Poor Jamie, I worry he's not getting enough sleep :| . He only had a few hours and he'll have to work again in the evening.
    Now they are cooking together like an old couple - sweet.
    Oh no, he has to go to work already. It does sound like an emergency though :# .
    "anxious...tense...Jamie...comfort...laughter...peace" Just <3 .
    The picture right before Jamie is leaving is cute.
    I'm glad Bekka got support from the Godmother too. She must be proud of her!
    Exciting that Renauld might have found something to help Mary.
    Now I wonder what Mary and Bekka asked each other. I need to know!
    Hehe, now I finally see that bunny Bekka mentioned in the previous update. Too cute!
    Bekka looks pretty lying on the couch. I love her hair.

Aww, my favourite man getting out of the bed, and without a shirt! :love:
    He will have to ride carefully, very carefully... And yes, he's right, he might need a car for winter weather! :#
    The picture with the rainbows is lovely :) .
    I'm so glad Bekka is feeling happier now. It must be due to being able to finally forgive and let her ex go from her mind.
    I hope the book will be useful. We need something to help Mary!
    Hehe, I like Jamie's alien shirt.
    Oh, Bekka managed to guess Jamie's favourite meal :o ! They are soulmates indeed ;) . Oh it's Mary! Sneaky ladies :smiley: .
    "Light...flying...happy" Looks like the therapist and Jamie together are healing her very fast.
    Love the picture of Jamie saying hello to Lia <3 .
    Glad Jamie got information about some witches or wizards he could talk to. I hope one of them will be able to try resurrecting Mary.
    Learning to make ambrosia would be awesome!
    What Mary is reading doesn't sound promising...
    Wow, I'm glad Betty's case is finally finished and her husband lost what he got. Damien is suddenly a rich guy :o . A part of that money will be needed for the continuing renovation of the house, but there will be a lot more to do whatever with :blush: .
    I see Mary is not so excited about ambrosia... I can't blame her, lol :D . But she needs to get resurrected!
    I see Damien already has a plan for the money and it's not a bad plan at all :blush: .
    Nobody wants Mary to return to the netherworld for good. They have to very careful with what they do...
    I'm glad Damien is happy with Mary's suggestions, and now he doesn't even have a budget problem. The house is going to look gorgeous soon if they only hire her... And I'm sure they will :blush: .
    Bekka and Mary seem to be getting along famously.
    Everybody can see how much better Bekka is doing. I'm glad :blush: .
    Next we have to be able to help Mary!
    edited March 2021
    @meerkattime You are so sweet and wonderful. <3

@bekkasan Ohhhh my that full frontal picture of Jamie after making the bed. :love: Rawr!
    Oh how I wish rainbows would actually show up in the winter IRL. <3
    He looks at her face and smiles quizzically. He can see only happiness in her face this morning. Her eyes shine, sparkling in the morning light with mischief and happiness. The sorrowful eyes from the last weeks are gone. He hopes never to see them that way again.
    ^Wonderful! <3
    Aww, of course he thinks you're beautiful Bekka. :blush:
    So THAT was what Bekka and Mary were texting about. :smirk: Bekka was asking Mary what Jamie's favorite food is. I love it. <3
    (I've never tried fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches myself, but...I think I would rather omit the banana and use Nutella. :naughty::yum: Nom nom yummy!)
    Hey Damien and Mary! :smiley: Long time no see! :lol:
    Lia's expression when Jamie is giving her kisses is so adorable!
    Alrighty, let the research begin! :star:
    I wonder why Emmaline asked Jamie to meet her at the junkyard? :lol:
    She tells him about the Ambrosia! :grin: Right on! I must admit I had forgotten about it...
    Damien is getting 1.5 Million!? :open_mouth: Well that's freaking awesome! And wonderful! :smiley: Now they can fully renovate the manor and...you explained everything else they could do with the money later. ;)
    I'm with Mary about the Deathfish! I do hope she won't have to consume any part of one. :grimace: And if she has to...hopefully she won't taste it. 🤞
    Jamie punches Damien's arm and grins, “Congratulations man! This is awesome! I was thinking about buying a truck.”
    Damien tells him the amount of the check.
    Jamie blinks and grabs Damien's arm. "I think I'm going to buy a really big truck!"
    ^Hee hee. :mrgreen: So cute!
    Realizing there is a lot of similarity about the question of plants and foods that can extend life or even restore life in much of the documentation. If this works why is it not more commonly known? With an exact recipe as well.
    ^I was actually wondering that myself when I was reminded of the Ambrosia. Now you've got me curious again on how - and what will be used - to turn Mary mortal. :)
    I had no doubt Damien and Mary would love Bekka's design plans for the manor and that they would hire her on the spot. <3 (Great idea to replace the floors last! That's something I never would've thought of and it makes total sense. :) )
    That was so cute that Mary was mouthing to Bekka to say Yes about going out to dinner with them. :blush: They are going to be best friends just like their men are. ;)
    3 Happy's written down. Awwww. <3<3 I'm still so happy for her.
    Beautiful way to end the chapter and as always I am hungry for more!!! :smiley:

@meerkattime Thanks so much for all your lovely comments. :heart: I do appreciate them and love reading them. :smiley:
    I hope life won't be so busy for you and that you are finding time to have fun and play in Sims as well. Would love to see some pics from you when you have time. :grin:
    Yes, Jamie does have terrible hours! Luckily he can find the ghosts much faster now.
    Josh was definitely a mess and most definitely not the guy for her.
    Happily Bekka was ready to change her life and willing to do what it takes.
    Yes, Bekka is much better since she has forgiven herself and Josh. Hopefully she will not have issues in the future and if she does, hope she handles them better.
    I expect Mary would eat that deathfish raw if it meant she would be human again. Let's hope it does not come to that. :grimace:

@emorrill I love reading your comments! <3 Thank you so much!
    I knew you guys would love that Jamie picture. :grin:
    hehe, yep that is what Mary and Bekka were texting about.
    I'd never even heard of fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches. My Mom ate peanut butter and banana sandwiches, but didn't fry them.
    Emmaline was at the junkyard when Jamie was looking for her. She was dressed for work but she never made it as I got a game message that said she must not be concerned about her job. :grin:
    Well, no one is calling it ambrosia as they don't know that yet. :lol:
    hehe, imagine the research we do for our stories. I actually googled rich people, insurance policies, fraud, murder and finder's fees to see what would be a normal amount for a rich person to be insured at and fee's paid out for finding fraud. Hope the FBI is not looking at my internet history. :open_mouth:
    I'm glad you liked the 'big truck' lines.
  • TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member

@bekkasan
    Jamie: get a cheap car and keep the bike :)
    Nice twin-snow-bow this morning
    Nice little flirt, I like how it makes her feel a little awkward, while off course also licking up the compliments with pleasure.
    Humm looks like it will be a difficult and risky task to do a resurrection on Mary. Really hope she won’t end up a zombie or living skeleton.
    Huck 1.5 million Simoleons – he can buy the entire town. If this is in-game figures
    Jamie: Never mind - get a giant truck and keep the bike ;)

The oracle should be showing up anytime now
    Lost me there – What Oracle? She? It is a person?

happy...happy...happy that’s the notes we like

Very curious to see that Bekka will do with Damien’s home – in my eyes it is already very nice. B)
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin

@bekkasan Oh so happy of the update Lighter Than Air!

Only Jamie on his cycle could inspire the sky gods to make a double rainbow for him! <3

Oh so happy to see that Jamie just senses happiness from Bekka!

I love them together! and she made his favorite breakfast!

hahaha @ 'that Sneek Mary"

I love Jamie's shirt! perfect!

Wow that is a heck of a lot of simoleans for Damien! My knees would have buckled too! Wow! And now they can be paid and Jamie can get his really big truck! hahaha too cute!

Perfect pic captures of Mary and Jamie being disgusted at the deathfish pix! LOL but when made into Ambrosia it always looks yummy to me!

Oh this is such good news and I love they all go out for dinner together! Fun double date! :)<3
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    I read over the posts from february 13th and until now. My favorite part is where Bekka makes the notes/keywords of her thoughts and feelings. Jamie seems almost to good to be true. On the march 17th update it was interesting to see a little bit of Jamie's perspective, too.

I suppose I could second Tamijo's question about who the oracle is. Forgive me if it has been explained in an earlier post.
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton

@Tamijo I'm happy seeing your comments. :smiley::heart: Sorry I didn't respond earlier. Work got a bit busier and had grandson last evening.
    I love finding those rainbows.
    I hope she won't become a zombie either!
    lol, yes I googled what was normal insurance for rich people as I considered Betty very wealthy with business and estate and googled what the usual finders fee was for investigating fraud. It was interesting to say the least and if I was younger I might consider a change in my profession to investigations. LOL I think Damien can work pro bono on the ghost cases from now on. :grin:
    The oracle will be a new character. I alluded to it in a previous chapter (Something Good, I think page 10) with Jamie telling Damien and Mary about her. Oracles have the gift of prophecy and are able to communicate with the Fates. Jamie wants Mary to consult with the oracle to see if she can help with her future. The Fates are known to be fickle so may not want to divulge any information though.
    The home still needs some work, new floors and Damien is not crazy about the rock walls. I think he wants them plastered over. :smiley: He also wants his office moved over the garage.

@DivaDoodle Thanks so much for reading and your comments always make me happy. :smiley::heart:
    hehe, that was such great timing when I went to take a picture of him riding.
    Yeah, she wanted to do something special for him and she does love to cook.
    It is a lot of $$! He won't have to scrimp and save and dumpster dive no more.
    I've always wondered how the recipe that sounds awful with the deathfish turns into ambrosia and looks good. I guess that is the magic part. :grin:

@Sprottenham Thanks so much for reading the story and taking the time to comment. That means a lot. :smiley::heart:
    Yes, Jamie is the guy we all want ours to be. But, he wasn't perfect at the beginning of their relationship but is generally easy going and I see him as slow to get mad, but when he does, watch out.
    See comment to @Tamijo above for the oracle info. I'm actually playing this morning and taking pictures with the oracle. Hope I'll be able to post later today or tomorrow.

@bekkasan OMG eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! " I'm actually playing this morning and taking pictures with the oracle. Hope I'll be able to post later today or tomorrow.'' I am so excited for this! The Oracle is very very interesting to me! Ever since you first mentioned it in the story! I can't wait to find out what you do with her/him!
    pay no attention to me! Keep playing! carry on! *zips lip*
    edited April 2021
    The Prophecy (part 1)

In the wee hours of the night, when most are sleeping peacefully, snow falls gently blanketing the ground with fresh powder. The moon is high in the sky surrounded by the aurora lights turning the slow-moving clouds into a colorful night sky the town is famous for.
    The alarming sound of someone repeatedly banging on the door awakens some of the sleeping family.
    51056483328_43e00bc5c2_o.jpg

Jamie pulls on a shirt and hurries downstairs. Damien grabs his robe and is amazed Mary is still sleeping soundly with all the noise going on downstairs. He hurries down the steps and spies Jamie ahead of him.
    51057290472_c73ff671a6_o.jpg
    51057210156_a2c5b40567_o.jpg

Jamie turns as Damien arrives in the foyer. “Whoever it is is certainly noisy.”
    “Yes, let's find out who it is and what they could want at this time of night.”
    51056483318_8e0caec564_o.jpg
    51057290367_e146033679_o.jpg

Jamie opens the door with Damien standing at his side. An elderly woman stands outside with her arms up as she prepares to start banging on the door again. Jamie looks at her and is puzzled. He knows her, but he is having trouble placing who she is. Her face is blazing in anger as she stares daggers at him. He looks closer trying to work out who she is. No, it can’t be, he thinks to himself noticing her unusual blue eyes as she moves closer into the light. He expands his senses to her just as she thrusts her way into the room. He and Damien both take steps back; her presence is so forceful. He only knows one person with this powerful personality and vibrant blue eyes.
    51057290352_74f2da21cb_o.jpg
    51057290307_6d14b90556_o.jpg

The woman begins yelling at him. “Jamison McNeil, how dare you leave me standing out in the cold and snow!" She forces her way farther into the room slamming the door behind her. “I’m exhausted and freezing from this horrendous trip to this dreadful little town. I’m starving as well, and you don’t have the decency to wait up knowing I was coming.”
    51057290277_f029856d23_o.jpg

Damien looks at the enraged elderly lady, “Who in Hades are you? How dare you force your way into my home, yelling at my friend like that?”
    51057210006_d3ef5f416f_o.jpg

Jamie moves over to Damien and whispers to him. “um...lets not antagonize her any further. I absolutely don’t want you turned into stone or worse. Allow me to talk to her. I think I recognize who she is, but she is not the same as she used to be.”
    51057290217_4bf695a03a_o.jpg

“Layla! Is this you? What in the name of Fates happened to you? Just two years ago you were my age. And no, you did not inform me when you would arrive, just that it would be in two or three days."
    51056483138_012ea8fc6d_o.jpg

“Of course it is me, Jamison!” She narrows her eyes looking at him and Jamie squirms uncomfortably from her gaze. “I can see your senses are all mixed up thinking you have found your soulmate. By the Fates, Jamison. You are not destined to have a soulmate."

“You know the prophecy you spouted to me was as obscure as mud and made no sense whatsoever. I don't think it had anything to do with my finding or not finding a soulmate especially since I've found her." Jamie does not want to argue with her about Bekka, he asks instead. "Why are you an old lady now? Who did you tick off?”
    51057290167_925a94cf2c_o.jpg

“Cursed by an impertinent trickster pixie. He didn’t like his prophecy. I don’t make them up. It is what it is, and cursing me didn’t change his Fate, but he changed mine. I’m growing older by the day and will die soon if I can’t stop the curse.”
    Damien listens to Jamie and Layla talk and wonders what they have gotten themselves into. Angry oracles, curses, rapid aging, lack of sleep. He shakes his head and runs upstairs to wake Mary and change clothing.
    51056483068_e7cafbc41e_o.jpg
    51056483113_1c077cbded_o.jpg

Damien fixes a hearty breakfast with coffee and invites the others to sit down. Layla is somewhat calmer now that she is inside, warming up and getting a delicious breakfast inside her.
    She is introduced to Mary and Damien who apologizes for his earlier comment to her.
    “That’s ok. I like a man with spirit and one who defends his friends and loved ones. But don’t ever talk to me that way again,” she forewarns him with a faint smile, but her eyes are hard as stone.

“No, ma'am. It won’t happen again.”, he declares, swallowing the large lump in his throat.

“We will commence after breakfast.” she declares as she takes another generous helping of toast and eggs and pours herself more coffee.
    51057209921_277887b9d0_o.jpg

Bekka looks over her notes from yesterday and realizes her dominant emotion was happiness. Looking in the mirror, she believes happy is a splendid emotion. I know there will be ups and downs in my life, stresses and anxieties and problems to deal with in my future. I just hope to learn to deal with those things in a better way.
    She enjoys a nutritious breakfast, showers and starts working at her computer to order the first supplies needed to be delivered to Spring Manor for the renovation. Checking her email she has confirmation of delivery of supplies at one of her new clients and she checks her calendar and realizes she can start that job today.
    She opens her journal to a new page and writes happy, satisfied.
    She checks her watch and realizes it is still too early to be calling Jamie. She hopes he is getting some rest after working last night.
    51056482998_d6e80cbbb7_o.jpg
    51057290032_470bb904f1_o.jpg

Layla lights the fire in the living room and begins to prepare the things she will need to contact the Fates. She spreads her special carpet down and places four candles. She talks briefly with Mary telling her what to expect.
    51056482958_c1c1af0d22_o.jpg
    51057209866_48ef028d47_o.jpg
    edited April 2021
    The Prophecy (part 2)

Mary sits down in the circle where Lalya indicates. Damien and Jamie sit beyond Mary. Layla requests they remain silent during her meditation.
    Layla sits down at the head of the circle and lights the candles calling on the Fates. She asks Mary to close her eyes and bow her head.

"Let this light guide me to thy presence."
    “Please hear my plea Fates."
    "Open your hearts to the soul before me."
    "May your wisdom shine down upon us."
    "Open our hearts to your truth."
    51057209851_96fdea3323_o.jpg

Damien and Jamie both keep their eyes open and on Mary. Jamie opens up his senses and feels Mary is peaceful and in no distress. He keeps his mind open on Mary.
    Layla raises her arms and softly repeats her chant requesting an audience with the Fates. Time seems to be suspended in the room as Damien and Jamie concentrate on Mary.
    51057289937_ab0ca3db52_o.jpg

Layla opens her eyes and her body floats in the air above the circle. Mary remains seated with her eyes closed and head bowed. Damien scoots a little closer to Mary. Jamie watches Layla intently while focusing on Mary’s state of mind. She remains composed and peaceful. A bluish green light surrounds Layla. Jamie turns on the recorder on his phone as he knows Layla is getting ready to speak the words from the Fates.
    51057289912_d8395a845a_o.jpg
    51057209741_77aa5d7b74_o.jpg
    51057209726_e4684e33dc_o.jpg

Death is a beginning, an ending for some.
    Your death was fated by another's sad choice.
    The Fates see all but evil survives.
    To claim a life before it was time.
    To the ether your destined soulmate returned.
    The soul sent ahead to await rebirth.
    Your soul trapped in winter, no renewal for you.
    Despair and longing will not end the pain.
    The soul reborn found his one true love.
    The path is not easy.
    The seasons will change.
    Winter still comes as death is assured.
    Spring follows winter. The pattern is set.
    A time to bloom not a time to fear.
    Life and death, death and life, yours to decide.
    The key is love and love will survive.

51056482713_10c2ddc683_o.jpg

Layla settles back down to the carpet, gasping and collapses unconscious. Mary opens her eyes as Damien pulls her up and away from Layla. Jamie rushes forward checking Layla’s pulse as Damien kneels across from him. “Is this supposed to happen?”
    Jamie shakes his head. “No, I’ve witnessed her do this several times years ago and this never happened. She’s got a pulse, she’s breathing. I think she’s exhausted because of this aging curse thing.”
    Mary kneels down as well. “We must do something to help her. Jamie, please carry her up to my old room. I’ll contact Emmaline and see if she can get here quickly.”
    51057289792_70343ea12b_o.jpg
    51056482633_9f88465e66_o.jpg

"I will sit here with her. Emmaline will arrive soon." Mary sits in the rocking chair and watches Layla who appears to be in a deep sleep.
    51057289732_7891a49b43_o.jpg
    51059429563_1bd15790db_o.jpg

Jamie and Damien go back downstairs to await Emmaline and clean up the living area.
    "Will she remember the prophecy when she wakes up? I didn't have the presence of mind to write it down as she was reciting it."
    "She will remember, but I recorded it." Jamie pulls out his phone and replays the prophecy. They listen carefully, and Damien goes to his desk and has Jamie replay it until he has written all of it down so he can study it in detail.
    "It's essentially telling us what we already know. Mary died before her time. We are soulmates and I found her. Her soul is somehow bound to winter. When spring comes, she will be gone."
    Jamie shrugs. "It would be nice if the Fates would just tell us to do A B and C, but they don't. I think the big thing to gain from this is we are on the right track. Spring is a time for renewal, new growth and flowers and life abound in spring. It is all about new beginnings. Whatever we do, we must do it in spring. So, we need to get busy and find the witch.
    51059417408_62a9ccd24b_o.jpg

Damien nods at Jamie. "I will do what I can to help. You take half of the names, and I'll take the other half. Before we start, what did she mean about your prophecy and no soulmate?"
    "She did my prophecy a few years ago and told me it meant I would not have a soulmate. I disagreed with her at the time as prophecy is very ambiguous and interpretation can vary." He recites the prophecy to Damien who writes it down.

The line of Fate is long in you.
    It does not twist or share.
    A solace to the multitudes over time.
    Your power is strong in one so young.
    Your ancient soul spends time after time
    seeking to find and searching in vain.
    The Fates guide your soul as you find your path.
    A reward for the service your heart finds peace at last.

"Personally, I think Bekka is my reward." He smiles cheerfully at Damien and gets his tablet out and transmits Damien half the names from the previous search.
    51060218667_7ebe86c73a_o.jpg
    51060218582_bed6e29312_o.jpg

Emmaline arrives and checks over Layla and agrees she is in a deep sleep. "Those kinds of trances will take a lot out of a young person but much harder on an older oracle." Mary explains about the curse and aging.
    Emmaline shakes her head. "Curses are complex to lift, but not impossible. A potion can reverse the process but of course she needs to drink it soon. The ingredients are not available here, but can be found in Shang Simla. If someone obtains the ingredients, I could make the potion. I will give you a couple of potions that will slow the process and give her more energy. Have her drink both when she wakes. Oracles are formidable and cranky and will most likely give you a hard time about it. It would be in her best interest to drink them so do your best to convince her."
    51056482493_aaa7afa754_o.jpg
    51057289587_654210a392_o.jpg

Jamie gets a call from Rebecca, and he is thrilled to hear from her and takes a few minutes away from his tablet to chat with her. He tells her what has happened during the day. She offers to come by and fix dinner for them after her job, so they will not need to stop and cook. Jamie accepts looking forward to seeing her later.
    51057289652_281c8129fb_o.jpg
    51057209511_fb0ba33485_o.jpg
    @bekkasan Wow! :open_mouth: What a fantastic read! :smiley: So incredibly written all around, especially the prophesies, I mean my goodness! Such suspense! You rocked this lady! :star: I loved it!
    (Okay, moving on to my thoughts while reading it. :lol:;) )
    Beautiful description of the night sky. <3 And I could hear a record scratch when I read that someone was pounding on the door. :lol: (I was like, "Who in the hey!?" just like Damien. I laughed at his frustrated expression! :lol: )
    This must be the Oracle. :grin: I was correct. :blush: Her hair is rad and I love all her pretty jewelry.
    She full named Jamie! :lol:
    "Who in Hades are you!?" - Nice one Damien! That expression cracked me up. :lol:
    It was cute to read Layla saying that Jamie's senses are all messed up because he's in love. :blush:<3 She told him before that he wasn't destined to have a soulmate!? Wow...everyone deserves a soul mate. :neutral:
    "Who did you tick off?" - LOL! :lol:
    Ugh, so an angry "customer" put a curse on her. That stinks. :(
    Bekka looks over her notes from yesterday and realizes her dominant emotion was happiness. Looking in the mirror, she believes happy is a splendid emotion.
    ^It very much is! Yay Bekka! :grin:
    Alright, let's get down to business! :mrgreen:
    (Layla has gorgeous blue eyes by the way! :open_mouth: )
    ----
    This opening scene I'm thinking, "Oh boy here we go!" :smiley: (I like how you posed them all before Layla. 👍 )
    So the words from the Fates...I had to read it like 4 times to really study it cause you wrote it so dang well and cryptic like. :star:;) It was nice to read Damien's interpretation later as that is what I got out of it too. But yeah it doesn't really provide the answer on what they are to do next to save Mary. Or does it...within the words of "The key is love and love will survive." :smirk: Will Damien's love for her as Spring arrives simply be what draws her away from winter? Bring her back and whole? I'm super intrigued and excited to find out! :smiley:
    Oh my. :open_mouth: I thought Layla died for a second there. :flushed: I'm glad she didn't.
    Jamie shrugs. "It would be nice if the Fates would just tell us to do A B and C, but they don't.
    ^Right!? :lol: How many times do we say that about God!? :p
    Reading Jamie's prophecy there...I do believe the Fates were talking about some hidden power within him. :smirk:
    "Personally, I think Bekka is my reward."
    ^Hee hee. I agree. :blush: Cause there is NO way he's not meant to have a soulmate! I mean, we saw how connected he is to Bekka. THAT'S soulmate! :star:
    Glad Emmaline has a solution to help Layla. I guess we'll be seeing someone head to Shang Simla soon? ;)
    Bekka's got a cute cat shirt there underneath her denim jacket. :blush: Sweet of her to offer to come and make dinner for them all as it's been a pretty eventful day.
    This chapter was pure awesomeness! :star: You can really write poems lady!
    Can't wait for more as the plot thickens. :kissing_heart:

@bekkasan OMG Fantastic updates!

wow how did Damiens mouth do that! so awesome!

Layla's jewelry is fantastic! I wish I had that tiara, I would wear it everyday! So she is around Jamie's age how can this be?

WHAT?!?!?! Jamie is destined to not have a soulmate? :o noooooo!

Oh so she was cursed by a pixie! Dang that is a very hideous curse, it must have been an even more horrid prophesy!

oh wow love them in the circle, with Layla in the trance! poor Damien must be shocked out of his gourd!!! the whole thing is very strange and mesmerizing!!!

I understand about Spring being renewal and growth but Mary will be gone by then won't she?

''"Personally, I think Bekka is my reward." He smiles cheerfully '' Atta boy Jamie! I think so too! <3

That is a gorgeous pic of Bekka on the phone! she is so nice to come cook and I love the thought of her and Jamie in each other's company again!

aww look how happy Jamie is talking with her! That Oracle is BLIND if she cant see that! hehehe

so so excellent! Such a pleasure to read!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top