Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I Get Promotions Fast?

Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
edited January 2021 in The Sims 2
I need a sim to reach level 5 of the education career before he becomes an elder. He has 16 days until his birthday and he’s still at level 1. How do I get him 4 promotions in 16 days (including weekends)?

Update: According to my calculations, there are ten weekdays left before he becomes an elder, so I need to get one promotion every 2-3 workdays. I’m feeling really discouraged because it’s already been an entire work week and he didn’t get promoted the entire week.
Post edited by Simtown15 on

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,585 Member
    Hi :)
    Make sure they have the Skills and Friends they need, then send them to work either in a Great Mood (full needs) or Platinum.
    They can get platinum quickly - a great date will work the fastest because you can take them off lot and time stands still. :)

• PotsaePotsae Posts: 79 Member
    You can "cheat" more days by sending sim to a vacation and use vacation time to improve skills and make friends. Sims don't age during vacations. Plus, after a vacation you can choose a "Industrious" benefit that increases job performance. That is of course if you happen to have Bon Voyage :)
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Use the thinking cap when skilling if your Sim is in the Yellow or Platinum aspiration level. This will increase their skill rate.

Use the energizer as well if in the Yellow or Platinum aspiration level instead of caring for motives that take time to deal with such as hunger if there's no left overs or others to fix food and energy.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    Potsae wrote: »
    You can "cheat" more days by sending sim to a vacation and use vacation time to improve skills and make friends. Sims don't age during vacations. Plus, after a vacation you can choose a "Industrious" benefit that increases job performance. That is of course if you happen to have Bon Voyage :)

Hmm... If I remember it correctly, you can't raise skills on community lots unless it's in the college neighborhood or it's hobby secret lot.

If you don't have Bon Voyage, any community lot will do. Use the time there to make more friends. If you want to get skills up faster, fulfill as many wishes as you can until you have 16,000 points and get a Thinking Cap. Wearing this will make your sim learn skills much faster. Just make sure your sim has golden or platinum aspiration bar. And remember that wearing it 24 hours will wear it out and make it useless.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    You can cheat his level using boolprop and setting his job level if you can't get the friends needed or the skills.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @Cinebar I have to do it without cheats. I need the bookcase for a speed run I’m planning and it would count as an exploit if I don’t get it through natural gameplay.
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    I am unfamiliar with the computer game, but when you get promoted dose it not tell you where to go from there. My sim was a security guard, and the promotion, under this title this told her to become strong.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    I am unfamiliar with the computer game, but when you get promoted dose it not tell you where to go from there. My sim was a security guard, and the promotion, under this title this told her to become strong.

It's not an issue of not knowing what is required for promotion.

It's a there's only X number of days left before someone ages to elder and the OP wants someone to get a few promotions in that time and wanted to know if there are ways to speed up promotion so there aren't any wasted days.

@Simtown15 One other suggestion is to make sure the Sim is in platinum aspiration before they go to work. This will keep mood from negatively impacting the ability to get promoted and will typically guarantee promotions as long as skills and friend count are met.
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    edited March 2021
    Few months late but there's an extremely gamey method to maxing I think. If you build a community lot with all the skilling objects you can on it you've got a recipe for brokeness, a mod like Community Skilling should allow you to gain skills whilst you're there.

Idea is you can either become a witch, put a throne on that lot and sit on it when your mood drops too low while skilling, or you can have a ton of Snapdragon botiques around so you only need to go home to sleep. Essentially live on that community lot skilling away, or befriending people, if that's what is stopping you from promotions. Whilst you're on that lot you can't age so you're really adding a few days to your Sims life from being on that lot.

Also if you're having mood problems, get dating! Dates are so overpowered aspiration wise, you can usually end one at plat hopefully in time for work, bonus is you're also getting a chance at an instant promo just by the date alone if it goes well. Same applies for townies, they can give a instant promotion too if you're befriending them well, meet and greet every townie you can, act nice and hopefully if they're not giving you free things, they're giving you a promotion instead. (Townie benefits only applies to adults/elders)
    L9q8VGi.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2021
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    @Cinebar I have to do it without cheats. I need the bookcase for a speed run I’m planning and it would count as an exploit if I don’t get it through natural gameplay.

While your Sim is in a gold mood, buy them the Energizer machine (under LT rewards in the panel) to fill all their needs, make sure they stay in gold while using or it has ill effects. It is a lifetime reward, not considered cheating since the Sim is rewarded with it for the lifetime points they have. They can skill much longer when all needs/motives are full. It is not a cheat. Hope that helps. When my Sims needed friends for promotions, I invited over one of them that had a relationship high enough to actually show up. Whether I wanted my Sim to be friends with that townie or whomever. They played chess (builds fast) and served them dinner etc. But I don't play that way in years and just pick the Sims I want as friends and 'forget' the rest of them. Or hang up on those who call I have no intention of making as friend. lol Not to be rude but how come your Sim is just a few days away from elderly and they aren't very close to getting promotions? What have they been doing? :) OOps just saw this was two months, ago. How did you solve this?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.