March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone else do this?

EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
I give all of the premades extreme makeovers, like plastic surgery, full new wardrobe, the works. I have mcc also so I look out for each sim that ages up and give them all full makeovers. So this is a huge part of my gameplay which i really enjoy, as obsessive as it may seem! Do any of you do this?

Comments

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I play with them all so they all get minor makeovers as I play each one, new outfits, makeup and hair. I don't mess with their genetics much except for in extreme circumstances like Daryl Charm. :D
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I've given makeovers to only a few unplayed ones. but the ones I play always get makeovers, anything from minor to extreme. :)
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited March 2021
    Never.

In my game the premades are whoever and whatever they are. I don’t touch them in CAS.

I prefer to create new sims which takes me long enough as is. The only time* I come anywhere near a premade is when I need to evict them from a lot that one of my own sims desperately needs!

*I tend to delete any premade or townie as soon as they mess with the landscape (and break the immersion).
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    i loved giving slight makeovers to all premades but as of now i just keep a few of them, and i have already planned their makeovers so i don't get to imagine what would fit them best anymore. regarding returning premades, i remake them instead to look like their older versions. for example, i remade Nina from Dina's genetics (cuz Dina looks more like her ts2 version with her old clothes & makeup back) also i remade Mortimer & Bella to look like their ts1 versions. i used to make Malcolm look like his ts2 version but i stopped cuz they're not the same Malcolm lol
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I play with more cartoony looking sims so whenever my sims meet townies, I automatically have to give them a makeover and make them look more cartoony.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    The only makeovers I give premade sims is to edit their hot weather and cold weather outfits to better match the rest of their style if they are from packs released before Seasons added those categories (thus giving them randomly generated outfits when I got Seasons). All the ones that came after Seasons have premade hot and cold outfits so I don't bother with those.

I do edit the randomly generated sims if they look especially bad. Usually I spend as little time on this as possible. Or sometimes, if they really look bad and don't feel like dealing with them, I just delete them.

Partly I don't put much time into making over other sims because I have upwards of 20 saved game files I play and I keep adding more. I actually do enjoy decking sims out in CAS, but it just gets to be too much to edit everybody every time I start a new save.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    I have two custom starter saves (made by myself) that I use to when I start a new game. One is basically the normal game, just with Newcrest filled. The other is my “Alternate Universe Starter Save” with the townies completely made over. But I use the normal one 99% of the time, I just prefer the classic townies.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I've given all the premades makeovers of varying degrees at one time or another, but I never liked playing them. My newer saves are based on my own start save which includes my own "pre-mades", some of whom are descendants of original ones and some are entirely new. So I don't need the old ones, which is a good thing, because after having them around so much in my many saves I'm really tired of having them at all.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    If my sims marry them, I give them more outfits.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I play a bunch of saves so doing that would be too much. I kind of like them as background, something familiar. If they get involved somehow with my sim or come into their circle I'll redo some outfits especially hot and cold weather ones, but sometimes more. Sometimes I'll upgrade their hair.. usually to a similar but better style so I can still recognize them.
    I have played a themed save where I do makeover townies though and NPC's, but it's one save among many. I really want a cosmetic surgery device in the game that allows you to reform sims without cheats, but I'd probably target game spawned NPC's more. I could build a whole other story line about that... (insert Bwahaha here).
    egTcBMc.png
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Only if they marry into my family, or somehow have a rather hideous outfit in their mix. Otherwise I don't mess with them much.
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I don't use cheats, but I have built a gym and beauty salon, and started a household of two sims in the stylist career, with the gym as club meeting place. I take the sims I want to change the look of there, use the objects from GF to bring them into CAS and edit their clothes, hair and make-up, and encourage them to workout in the gym. I also have a club for that reason, that I switch out the members in when they have reached my preferred fitness for them. Once I forgot one sim in there though - what a shock to see my beach bum as a regular Tarzan.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I suspected it wouldn’t be very common haha
    I just love cas and creating personalities or looks for my background characters. Also it makes me feel quite connected to the whole neighbourhood.
    Some makeovers come out better than others though!
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    I've done a lot of makeovers for the premade townies. Though I like to keep what feature makes them THEM when I do or else they just seem like sims I really just made in CAS. As packs went on had more clothing items to work with.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    i give premades makeovers yes

mostly not all that extreme though

but i have given few gals bonkadonks reduction+ lift and better posture though

and some sims were really suffering from bloaty head so i might have reduced their head size a little

but usually i try to just stick to makeup hair and clothing swaps

and somewhat keep their original character too like no Nancy Landgraab won't become hot goth gf thats just not happening no... (now i kinda wanna try doing that tho :lol: )
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Only if they marry into, or otherwise become a member of the family. Even then I try to keep their original style intact as much as possible & just make some minor adjustments (depending on how bad their outfit/hair/makeup is).
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• AaleynAaleyn Posts: 293 Member
    I do often makeovers for the premades. Especially in my other save (I currenty have just two saves) I play many premades, so I have done a lot makeovers for them. I usually try to keep the original look for most of them and make just few little changes, but sometimes for some of them I might change their eyes or nose (or mouth). Sometimes I do makeovers for some random townies as well.
    I put more effort for the played ones, and for them I add many outfits per different category; for unplayed ones I put normally 2-3 everyday clothes and just 1 festive, 1 sport etc...
    It's fun to do makeovers :)
    "Where words fail, music speaks" ~ Hans Christian Andersen ♥*♥*♥ My Gallery ID: Aaleyn
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Only if they marry into, or otherwise become a member of the family. Even then I try to keep their original style intact as much as possible & just make some minor adjustments (depending on how bad their outfit/hair/makeup is).

Oh yes I always keep their original style too, like I keep Cassandra as quite gothic and the caliente sisters as quite sexy etc. I like to match their clothing to their pre established characters or else I feel as though I am taking something away from them.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    I only make over premades if they are going to be major players in my Sims lives, whether it be as best friends, future spouses, ect. The others I leave as is, unless they are so hideously dressed that looking at them threatens to blind me.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I typically do give the premades a bit of a makeover. How much of a makeover depends on the character itself though.

Caleb for instance usually gets very minor adjustments. (Usually just a wardrobe update and slightly tweaked eyebrows.) Characters like Darryl Charm, Vlad, The Caliente sisters, and Mila Munch however typically need to be remade entirely. I also fix their proportions as needed and I usually try to keep their character in mind when making wardrobe changes. Ie) I'm not going to make someone like Nancy Landgraab into some hillbilly like woman. But if Maxis' chosen outfits for them are totally weird and not fitting for them, (Looking at you Emelia Ernest) I'll change it,

And usually once I have a makeover I'm happy with, I'll just re-use them.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I do off and on. Honestly it’s more to address awful outfits than anything. Usually if their clothes match and they aren’t over accessorized I leave them alone. I’ll go through manage households and fix the worst though.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    They get a makeover if my sim marries them. Usually a make over consists of a trip to deletion or death by whatever though.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    EdithV wrote: »
    I give all of the premades extreme makeovers, like plastic surgery, full new wardrobe, the works. I have mcc also so I look out for each sim that ages up and give them all full makeovers. So this is a huge part of my gameplay which i really enjoy, as obsessive as it may seem! Do any of you do this?

I sure do....in fact, I'm sort of known for it. But my makeovers are not kind :wink:
  • LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 137 Member
    The Calientes. I usually make them look 1. related and 2. like their sims 2 selves.

As for Katrina...
    I don't know Katrina, I only know Nighat Al-Mahmoud. 😌
  • LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 137 Member
    > @Logicallyironic said:
    > The Calientes. I usually make them look 1. related and 2. like their sims 2 selves.
    >
    > As for Katrina...
    > I don't know Katrina, I only know Nighat Al-Mahmoud. 😌

I can't believe a sim from SIMS LORE is censored. :[