Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What will you do with bunkbeds?

I'm playing sort of legacy style, and most my big families are grown up. I have one household that has six kids, so they are getting bunkbeds, plus all their vacation spots too.

I plan to make a summer camps with a boy's cabin and a girls cabin with bunkbeds.

I plan to make military barracks with bunk beds.

I plan to age up my six kids household and make a dormitory with enough space for two roommates with bunkbeds.

What other ideas do you have?

Comments

• AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    I will be making a summer camp as well. Also my Sims will soon adopt a toddler so once they age up into a child, they can have a bunkbed with their older sister.
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Put them in houses. Update my first order garrison’s barracks. You know, the usual.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Not much. :) I wasn't one of the people who wanted bunkbeds in particular, although I'm happy we're getting them for those who wanted bunkbeds.

Although I do have twin toddlers who sleep in the same room. If I can ever bring myself to age them up (it's been years now), maybe they would sleep in bunkbeds.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    I'll just use them in kids rooms.
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    The bunk beds in TS3 had very low value for sleeping, comfort etc so I never used them. Hopefully the bunk beds in TS4 will be upgradable like any bed.

If so, I would use them in Tiny Residentials; and in the residential lot assignments I have for institutions like prison, mental hospital etc.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I didn't remember that beds are upgradable... thanks for reminding :)

I will start playing 1 dad 7 kids gone off the rail challenge today or tomorrow. Maybe i'll have ended this challenge by the time bunk beds are out, but it will def be the last time i play huge families without bunk beds :lol: i love cozy environments and big families.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I was excited when bunk beds were announced, but now that I think about it, I'm not even sure I still need them at all. There were situations in the past where I could have used them, like my underground bunker in post-apocalyptic Magnolia Promenade, but I didn't have them, so I came up with other solutions. Like so many other features that would have been useful at some point, they're just a little late, and I've moved on, if that makes sense.

Rouensims wrote: »
    Although I do have twin toddlers who sleep in the same room. If I can ever bring myself to age them up (it's been years now), maybe they would sleep in bunkbeds.
    Just out of curiosity, do you still have hair? Because I would have pulled mine out if I'd had to deal with toddlers for that long. :D
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member
    edited March 2021
    I shared this pic in the born-in-game thread. I'm throwing a big birthday party this weekend and aging up my 4 year old toddler. 😄

YzfjVg1.png

Then she and her sister will share a room with bunk beds.
  • TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member
    Definitely for my big families, and they should go perfectly in the orphanage I built.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    First off, I'll stick them in whatever house has kids, that way I don't have to keep adding bedrooms for the little rug rats. After that, they can go into any Tiny Houses I have. I am twitchy about the Murphy Bed Death. My silly sims tend to lift the bed up when I don't want them to, thereby risking their pixilated little necks at bedtime.

I'll build a super cheap tiny rental someplace and give it only bunkbeds.

From that point...who knows?
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I wonder if there will be bunk bed woohoo? Or Death by Upper Bunk Failure. :D
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Pack six kids into one room. No more having to buy a bigger house when my Sims have too many kids!
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    I already made two summer camps (actually Llama Scout camps), so I guess I will be updating them.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Prisons, military barracks and... umm... spaceships?
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited March 2021
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    Prisons, military barracks and... umm... spaceships?

exactly this for some of my sims!
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited March 2021
    I need bunk beds for apartments and tiny homes mostly. But I'm currently playing a family that has one single bed for 2 kids. They share the same bed by alternating or sleeping on the couch because there's no room to add beds, and I'm too lazy to make the house bigger. :#

A bunk bed will solve that problem nicely.
    Post edited by IceyJ on
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I have a big family ready to be played and I’m waiting for bunk beds before I start.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Sleep in them. :)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Honestly, no idea. Maybe start using smaller houses? :D
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    edited March 2021
    it depends on many things

I'm not particularily fond of the parenthood bed (just not my style) so if for some weird reason thats the only style they did for them probably not much

but i do think i could use some in apartments and dormitories and kids rooms and such
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited March 2021
    I’m curious how they will work with the Roommate system. Will they be considered 2 separate beds? If so, bunk beds could maximize my rent potential.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I wasn't someone who really wanted bunk beds, however, I will use them when they come.
    I tend to make big families, and don't have a lot of room in the houses the families can afford. So, my plan is to sell the single beds, and give all my Sim kids bunk beds, so that I can have more room to put items for them like desks and computers.
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    I'm sure I'll use them at some point, but I'd be more excited if they confirmed loft beds were coming too. 🤞🏻
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Yes, it would be great to have the extra space underneath the bed.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,377 Member
    Wouldn't it be great if they gave us double beds as loft beds as well? We also need more single tile dressers.