Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    I hate visiting sims being mean to mine for no reason other that the game felt like giving them a random fake angry mood. Guests who show up angry will be thrown out immediately, I am not dealing with this s
    I also wish that there was a toggle to turn off childhood phases. I hate, hate, hate the mean one, it makes me want to set the child or teen who has it on fire.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I don't like the overuse of platforms in Mt Komorebi's premade houses. It's a pain to watch my sims go up and down...
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »
    I don't like the overuse of platforms in Mt Komorebi's premade houses. It's a pain to watch my sims go up and down...

Me too and when you have auto follow on a sim the camera keeps bouncing up and down.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I love the happy default state of my Sims. If I want drama I prefer to be in control of making it myself.
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    I absolutely hate that there are packs like "Vampires", "Jungle Adventure", "Strangerville", and "Paranormal", but just about nothing that's about real life. My gameplay is based in in reality and NOT ONE of those packs adds to it. And those "kits" are just microtransactions with a cute name.

I'm sorry, I was going to let you go, I really was. But how is there "nothing" about real life when like 90% of all DLC is entirely based on the mundane stuff? There are literally 3 occult packs (Vampires, Realm of Magic, and Paranormal) and only two other semi quirky packs (Batuu and Strangerville) neither of which are truly occult. And yet we have loads of packs that add to real life stuff (literally every stuff pack except Paranormal, All of the expansion packs, plus Parenthood, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, and yes, Jungle Adventure.)

It's okay to say you don't like occults (this is unpopular opinions.) But saying there's no realism is entirely false.

Yeah they have a pretty bad take lol. If you want to include Island Living for the mermaids and Get To Work for the aliens, that's 7 packs total for occult/quirky packs. Out of what? 40 now including kits? Lmao
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I don't mind the monster under the bed causing a bit of night time drama.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    I don't really mind that we don't have a CAW tool. I spent more time setting up and populating new downloaded worlds than actually playing in live mode.
    I don't care about more worlds and I think the game has more than enough lots of varying sizes.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I don't care about more worlds and I think the game has more than enough lots of varying sizes.

Same.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Extremely unpopular opinion: I'm glad some things weren't included in the base game on release and came later. For example if toddlers were with the base game they probably would've been rushed and lacking like every other age state, but because they came later in a patch the devs had more time to work on them without having to rush so much to meet a release deadline, and now 4 arguably has the best toddlers in the franchise.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I absolutely hate that there are packs like "Vampires", "Jungle Adventure", "Strangerville", and "Paranormal", but just about nothing that's about real life. My gameplay is based in in reality and NOT ONE of those packs adds to it. And those "kits" are just microtransactions with a cute name.

I'm sorry, I was going to let you go, I really was. But how is there "nothing" about real life when like 90% of all DLC is entirely based on the mundane stuff? There are literally 3 occult packs (Vampires, Realm of Magic, and Paranormal) and only two other semi quirky packs (Batuu and Strangerville) neither of which are truly occult. And yet we have loads of packs that add to real life stuff (literally every stuff pack except Paranormal, All of the expansion packs, plus Parenthood, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, and yes, Jungle Adventure.)

It's okay to say you don't like occults (this is unpopular opinions.) But saying there's no realism is entirely false.

Yeah they have a pretty bad take lol. If you want to include Island Living for the mermaids and Get To Work for the aliens, that's 7 packs total for occult/quirky packs. Out of what? 40 now including kits? Lmao

True, you could include Island Living and Get To Work, but the point still stands that realism overpowers occult/quirky gameplay by a lot. And yes, it's like 40 packs now.
    Onverser wrote: »
    Extremely unpopular opinion: I'm glad some things weren't included in the base game on release and came later. For example if toddlers were with the base game they probably would've been rushed and lacking like every other age state, but because they came later in a patch the devs had more time to work on them without having to rush so much to meet a release deadline, and now 4 arguably has the best toddlers in the franchise.

I wasn't around until the end of 2018, so I can't really say much about my feelings. But I think you make a very good point. I mean given that the devs only had a limited timeframe to switch over from online multiplayer to offline single player, can you imagine how lacking they would have been had they been released right away.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,914 Member
    I do not want new themed worlds. I want/hope/wish for new totally empty worlds.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • SumiumizumiSumiumizumi Posts: 4 New Member
    I love rabbit holes! I am not interested in an elementary school or highschool update where we have to control our child sim as they go through a school day. It would get so repetitive and wouldn't work with multiple kids. Also in my experience, sims just take forever to do things. Doing one task would take three sim hours so the entire day would just be full of glitches and waiting around on your sims. For example, the vet clinic. Taking your pet to the vet is a full-day experience! I feel like if we keep adding events that are interactive, it will make gameplay a little more frustrating.
    Improved babies is a waste of time and resources. They are babies for 3 sim days.

They are babies for 8-10 days in my game. Not everybody plays on normal. I would very much like them improved. ;)
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I think Sims 2 has better graphics than Sims 4.

TS2's graphics are easier on the eyes. They're dated, but less saturated. The colors don't look so bright. They're less smooth, of course, but Sims 4 is also cartoony, so I don't find TS2's roughness so bothersome.

Engine wise, I guess Sims 4 is better, but I prefer Sims 2's color palette. It's a hard thing to explain because you can't see through someone else's eyes.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    A lot of the simmers who requested Bust The Dust be nerfed probably don't own the kit. They watched James Turner's video and panicked.
  • Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    I don't understand the divide realistic players and supernatural player have with one another. Apart from some slight differences they're all the same sims.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I don't understand the divide realistic players and supernatural player have with one another. Apart from some slight differences they're all the same sims.

@Nekia33painter I can't speak for all supernatural players, but while I don't really have a problem with most realistic players, I do get tired of seeing the strictly realistic crowd complain and rage whenever even the smallest amount of occult gameplay is announced. The attitude they take towards it is the worst, especially when they act like realistic play is under attack just because of the fact we get occult packs every now and then.

I can't even count the number of times I've seen comments like "More occult gameplay? We don't need any more occults. We have plenty in the game already. Realism players get nothing." And these were just over the Paranormal Stuff Pack.

And not only that, but these same realism players will buy packs that are clearly called Vampires and Realm of Magic and then proceed to complain about vampires and spellcasters being "too invasive" in their game and crying to the devs that the occult behaviors of these occult Sims that came in a pack strictly dedicated to these occult lifestates be toned down because they "wanted the CAS and BB but not the occults and now the occults are ruining their game." And then the occults get nerfed into oblivion to the point where they're hardly even noticeable anymore. This is exactly what happened with vampires. And Spellcasters practically came pre-nerfed. Probably for this exact same reason.

When they very easily could have just not bought the pack in the first place. And whenever someone tries to remind them of this, or give helpful suggestions about how to handle the occults in their game, they flip out on that person and refuse to listen. Like, they'd much rather just get the devs to nerf occults despite the fact it ruins the game for other people, rather than take the time to use what's provided in the game to help make the occults seem less invasive (ie garlic to prevent vamp break-ins.)

And honestly? I think a lot of occult players, much like myself are just getting sick of this and starting to fight back.
  • LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 137 Member
    > @TWSimGamer82 said:
    > Improved babies is a waste of time and resources. They are babies for 3 sim days.

Even so, I liked having babies be more than objects. Sims 2 babies are my favorite, they're definitely the cutest but also the most fun. My Sims 3 babies never left their crib tbh.

Ok my unpopular opinions:
    Dina and Nina are innocent. Justice for the Calientes (both in terms of their rep and sims 4 glowdown).

I prefer pets be unplayable. I can't speak too much on sims 4, but in sims 3 pets are tedious to take care of because they aren't self-sufficient AT ALL. Sims 2 pets being unplayable make them feel more like real pets.

I hate that my sims in sims 4 are on their phones 24/7. I'd rather technologically regress back to sims 3 or even sims 2 if it meant the sims would stop being that kind of realistic. :[
  • AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    I get annoyed when players say EA should abandon TS4 and move on to TS5.
    No, this game needs to be fixed, or else TS5 will be just as bad.
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • TheSims4Addict_35TheSims4Addict_35 Posts: 5 New Member
    I find super annoying the monster under the bed!
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    I don't like people that are just like 'kits are microtransaction wah wah wah microtransactions with a cute name' because they are NOT microtransactions, they are optional packs that you quite literally do not have to buy. And if you don't like them, don't buy them and mind your own business. Some people (myself included) like the packs, and its kind of annoying to hear 'microtransactions with a cute name' being shoved down my throat every time I look to spread Kit Positivity.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member

@Nekia33painter I can't speak for all supernatural players, but while I don't really have a problem with most realistic players, I do get tired of seeing the strictly realistic crowd complain and rage whenever even the smallest amount of occult gameplay is announced. The attitude they take towards it is the worst, especially when they act like realistic play is under attack just because of the fact we get occult packs every now and then.

I can't even count the number of times I've seen comments like "More occult gameplay? We don't need any more occults. We have plenty in the game already. Realism players get nothing." And these were just over the Paranormal Stuff Pack.

And not only that, but these same realism players will buy packs that are clearly called Vampires and Realm of Magic and then proceed to complain about vampires and spellcasters being "too invasive" in their game and crying to the devs that the occult behaviors of these occult Sims that came in a pack strictly dedicated to these occult lifestates be toned down because they "wanted the CAS and BB but not the occults and now the occults are ruining their game." And then the occults get nerfed into oblivion to the point where they're hardly even noticeable anymore. This is exactly what happened with vampires. And Spellcasters practically came pre-nerfed. Probably for this exact same reason.

When they very easily could have just not bought the pack in the first place. And whenever someone tries to remind them of this, or give helpful suggestions about how to handle the occults in their game, they flip out on that person and refuse to listen. Like, they'd much rather just get the devs to nerf occults despite the fact it ruins the game for other people, rather than take the time to use what's provided in the game to help make the occults seem less invasive (ie garlic to prevent vamp break-ins.)

And honestly? I think a lot of occult players, much like myself are just getting sick of this and starting to fight back.

My thoughts EXACTLY.

Like if you dont like occult gameplay, that's fine. No one's saying that you have to like vampires or whatever in your game. But what does it take for some players to realize that some of us LIKE OCCULT GAMEPLAY AND WANT TO SEE MORE OF IT? Is it a literal crime that I like the vampires and spellcasters in my game? Is it a crime that I regularly use occults alongside my human sims? Is it a crime that I have mods that enhance occult powers? Because based on what kind of responses Ive seen, its amazing that occult players havent been sentenced to a first and last time seat on Ol' Sparky!

I really need to see a decent argument against any occult gameplay that actually goes beyond "oh we dont need it". And this is something Ive been wanting to get out for a little while. Who here among us actually has the power to decide what the community "needs" and when? Im not talking about going on social media and screaming your demands as if you were holding something hostage. No. I mean you have an actual role within EA/Maxis, you're part of a decision to come up with the theme of the next few packs, and whatever you decide is what the community gets. The next pack is farming? Then the community is getting farming. The next pack is more star wars? Then the community is getting star wars. Raise your hand if you actually have a paid role like that. I'll wait. And if you dont have any role like that, then Im sorry but I got some bad news for you.

While Im waiting, I find it nothing short of melodramatic to claim that the game has "nothing for realistic players". First of all the game aint all that "realistic" in the first place. Vampires arent realistic sure, but neither is picking up the phone and getting a job at the hospital as a surgeon when all you did was play chess for an hour. Did your sim go to medical school? Nope! Yet I dont see too many simmers demanding that sims be required to go to university before they even get to see the first level of several careers. Now that's realism. But to say that you as a realism player has nothing in the game? Absolutely nothing? Almost every pack that isnt occult focused has nothing for simmers to integrate into their regular family gameplay? Good grief. How often do you open up a fridge filled to the brim with food and say, "there's nothing to eat!"?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top