Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Fairies Pack

124...Next

Comments

• Bree_The_Simmer3Bree_The_Simmer3 Posts: 8 New Member
    Omg, yes great idea!!!
  • BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    yes please! i'd like if they could shrink like the fairies in the Sylvan Glade or into a litte orb like the fairy familiar in Realm of Magic, just for the consistency. and i'd appreciate a little lore on fairies becoming a familiar, lore on the Sylvan Glade, Seelie & Unseelie courts, relationship to vampires and spellcasters, really any lore would be appreciated.

and crosspack gameplay is something i love, so i would love the return of vampire + fairy interactions from TS3. like fairy plasma being the best kind and giving vampires a buzz/dazed moodlet. some *actual* plantsims would also compliment fairies nicely.

vUQ5VlF.png
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    I still so want actual Fairy Lifestates with Butterfly, Raven & Angel & Bat Wings. I want their world to be like Pixie Hollow, Sylan Glen, Heaven & Hades. PLEASE. <3B):p
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    edited March 2021
    I would love Faerie pack, but I'm afraid if we did get one it would be nothing but twee little fashionista pixies & tinkerbells and very little actual Fae content.

If I was designing the pack I would include the following.

CAS.

Ability to choose whether or not your Sims fae is a member of the Seelie or Unseelie courts (with different traits & aspirations for each)

Sims fae have a human and fae form, dependant on what court they are part of.

Clothing style 'cottagecore', folk and Medieval inspired styles for women. Same for male Sims but with the addition of Victorian & Edwardian inspired male clothing (waistcoats, riding boots, tweed, newsboy caps, etc)

Gameplay:

Ability to invite Brownies into your home to clean and repair things. You have to make sure to thank them & cook a special meal for them though or they will start breaking things. If you do something to insult them they will randomly set fire to things.

Ability to hire a fae as a hairdresser and stylist for a night out, but again if you don't treat them right or leave them a suitable offering, they will destroy your outfit, tangle your hair and/or curse you with a low hygiene bar for a number of hours.

Ability to form groups or gangs with fellow Sims fae. Unseelie fae form unseelie groups and vice versa. A meetup of both groups could be randomly called to attend certain homes or venues deemed to have insulted the fae, where mischief actions, or outright fights could take place.

If you play as a Sims fae then being near iron will make you sick. You can ask someone to remove the iron temporarily, but it will cost you simoleons & you won't be able to perform any mischief or mean actions for a certain period of time.

For human Sims, unlock certain items after meeting a certain number of fae - such as a potion or special herb to be able to safely travel to the faery realm, faery musical instruments, or a banshee's comb.

The same unlockable items randomly spawning in world, but taking any of them has a risk (eg taking a Banshee's comb could lead to a type of curse, playing a faery instrument spawned in world could make you and those around you sick).

The Seelie Faery realm accessible through a tree portal, but if you visit without first having unlocked, or found the right potion/herb to carry then you risk returning from the realm as an elder, or if already an elder your Sims life is shortened by a few days. The Unseelie realm is a hidden realm with its own risks and rewards (as per the example below).

A Banshee (Bean Sidhe) may randomly appear in different areas & keen a mournful song when there are elders with one day left to live. You can interact with her and ask her to send you to the Unseelie realm. Once there you have the option of approaching the Will 'o' the Wisp tree to ask for extended life. One of 4 things might happen (2 good and 2 bad) - you could be granted immortality, you could be given an extra life cycle, you could be driven temporarily mad, or you could die.

A couple of lakes in different parts of the world you can swim in that might grant you a +1 positive moodlet, but be careful because you might also be pulled in by Peg Powler & left soaking wet and given a +2 embarrassed moodlet.

Build Items

Iron bars/grating for windows as faery protection.
    Iron wall hangings for outside.
    Strings of bells that can be hung around hedges or used to decorate trees to distract faeries away from the house.
    Alternatively build items that will increase the likelihood of a faerie visiting you.
    A basket to leave by the door for offerings if a faerie does visit your house.

That's all I've thought of so far. :)
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• AzukiMochiAzukiMochi Posts: 118 Member
    edited June 2021
    Okay, I've been convinced to give this fairy thing one last shot.

I figured it out. We need to make about 70% to 80% of the players to get EA to listen to us about fairies. Right now I think we make about... 30%. Maybe 40%... maybe... if we're lucky. They finally listened to the farming pack requests, and that made out the vast majority of the fans, soooo.... yeah. xD

Feel free to prove me wrong on the numbers.

Anyway, been playing the Sims 3 fairies but it's just really slow because I don't have an SSD card and my rapidly aging computer just don't plain like it. I'm persevering through it because I'm desperate for some of the old TS3 gameplay, but yeesh. lol

Does anybody have anything to add about faeries?
    Post edited by AzukiMochi on
    giphy.gif
    I be obsessed with faeries. As well as mermaids.
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    AzukiMochi wrote: »
    Okay, I've been convinced to give this fairy thing one last shot.

I figured it out. We need to make about 70% to 80% of the players to get EA to listen to us about fairies. Right now I think we make about... 30%. Maybe 40%... maybe... if we're lucky. They finally listened to the farming pack requests, and that made out the vast majority of the fans, soooo.... yeah. xD

Feel free to prove me wrong on the numbers.

Anyway, been playing the Sims 3 fairies but it's just really slow because I don't have an SSD card and my rapidly aging computer just don't plain like it. I'm persevering through it because I'm desperate for some of the old TS3 gameplay, but yeesh. lol

Does anybody have anything to add about faeries?

I don't have much else to add, but here's a list of fae creatures, but some of these creatures are pretty small.

Changelings

Dwarves

Elves

Also leprechauns, brownies, pixies, hobs, and kobolds are fairylike elves.

Gnomes

Goblins

Leprechauns

Sprites

Trolls

Pixies

Brownies

Banshees

Kobolds

Devas

Dryads

Kelpies

Nymphs

Selkies

Boggarts

Dullahans
  • JinxIndigoJinxIndigo Posts: 45 Member
    > @DaWaterRat said:
    > When the Fairy becomes a Teen and gets access to the Power perks, they also then have to choose a court. NPC representatives of each court come and make their pitch, and depending on the Sim's traits, the game text suggests one or the other, but the final decision is up to you. Not sure what benefits choosing a court would have, as this is mostly half-remembered from 3 am this morning.
    >
    > And while this was a fun exercise, it's all much more than they'd actually put in a Game Pack. Unless Conor was in charge because he seems to be able to get a heck of a lot out of his budgets.

This is an amazing idea. Also, for new World, or the fairy hangout place that contain all four courts. It should be similar to Magic Realm but I think this kind of world should be challenging to access for non occults. Same as Sylvan Glade, or Forgotten Grotto; you should do some tasks; be it rabbit hole or maxing spesific skill. EA can even edit Sylvan Glade, as there are perfect for fairy setting designwise. Maybe they can add many more enterances to default worlds, or include this kind of enterances to new world comes with pack.
  • JinxIndigoJinxIndigo Posts: 45 Member
    > @AzukiMochi said:
    > @MeowchaFrappe Yeah, and I may consider contacting EA directly to at least take a look at this, and all of our ideas. People have done this before with things like store products such as Crystal Pepsi and were successful (at least to a point). I'm theorizing that if we do the same collectively as fans, we might finally be able to convince EA. I think the best thing we can do is show our love for the Sims 4 and faeries to the point where it's clearly noticeable to them. I definitely believe this will be a team effort. We're all capable, I know we are. :smile:
    >
    > Maybe we can try to keep your superhero thread, other desperate threads, and this thread on the first page and near the top as much as we can (though let's not stress ourselves out over it xD). :smile: I think they might eventually get looked at if they are. :smile:

Fairies are second most wanted occult after werewolves (and Sims 4 brought back werewolves), according to some "which occult do you want" questions and polls as I see. Some dont want fairies and some dont mind fairies, but I think majority would buy if they make a Fairy Pack. EA should probably know that community do want fairies and we are actually in majority. Would be a sad world if we were genie fans or mummy fans, as they are not as popular as fairies, but I hope we will see fairy lifestate in Sims 4 sooner or later. Maybe a game pack directly dedicated to fairies, or maybe (I dont want this option) a small feature or bigger expansion pack. Community do wish to see fairies and even many expected them in Cottage Living pack. Im glad they didnt include fairies there as I wish to see a Fairy Game Pack, dedicated to fairies.
    edited June 2023
    mulan-disney.gif

I'm still alive xD. I just kind of lost interest in the thread for a while. But me seeing a YouTube video showcasing some of my ideas from this thread, and the new speculation that fairies will be out this year (and possibly one of the next packs, next to horses (how they're going to pull that off as a full EP is beyond me...)), I got some of my steam back. I hope this isn't considered necroposting... especially as this is my own thread. xD

Well, I don't have much in the way of new ideas atm. I do think the seelie and unseelie courts sounds awesome. Unfortunately I'm pessimistic about it, but how much you want to bet SpinningPlumbobs (the guy who made extended mermaids and Fairies vs Witches) will "fix" that? lol

Speaking of which, I did want to try the Fairies vs Witches mod, but unfortunately I'm very nitpicky to animated wings. >.< I think I'm just spoi-my freaking L key isn't working properly! -spoiled. But I have seen gameplay of it, and I'm pretty dang impressed by how much sheer gameplay is included in it. I likely will play the witches side of the mod regardless. I did download it though, and I might suck up the fact the wings aren't animated, in order to prepare for the (hopefully imminent) official EA release! I have a pretty good feeling though that SpinningPlumbobs will actually somehow integrate vanilla fairies with his Fairies vs Witches pack. There certainly should never be any pressure on him (that goes for my animated wings thing as well xD), especially as he's releasing huge mods like this for free, but one can still hope.

(SpinningPlumbobs, if you're reading this, I'm in love with your mods, mate! I haven't gotten around to trying the new version of expanded mermaids, but I'm excited to! If you enjoy making these mods, keep at it! I am curious to see how you would modify vanilla fairies, whenever they come out.)

Anyway, all that out of the way, how are y'all doing? Do you have any new ideas? Maybe on the lore?

giphy.gif
  • DarrellRBeebeDarrellRBeebe Posts: 663 Member
    I am concerned that WHEN we get fairies, we will be deprived of toddlers with fairy wings as every other occult in the game starts as a teen. One of my very favorite parts of fairies in the Sims 3 was watching the fairy toddler flap his or her little wings, raise a foot or two off the ground and then fall back to Earth on their bum with a giggle. I truly hope they include this again.
    And incidentally, I love all of the suggestions throughout this thread. If even a fraction of these ideas is used they will be a great addition to the fairy lore.
    I am concerned that WHEN we get fairies, we will be deprived of toddlers with fairy wings as every other occult in the game starts as a teen. One of my very favorite parts of fairies in the Sims 3 was watching the fairy toddler flap his or her little wings, raise a foot or two off the ground and then fall back to Earth on their bum with a giggle. I truly hope they include this again.
    And incidentally, I love all of the suggestions throughout this thread. If even a fraction of these ideas is used they will be a great addition to the fairy lore.

I understand what you mean, I hope so as well. But given the track record of this game, I can't say one way or the other. They have gotten better over the years, but there's no way of telling. I hope the fairies are given lore like the werewolves were. They were very lore-heavy on that one. More than that, I want a progression tree system. I think aliens and mermaids were the only ones that didn't get one (unless you count Spinning Plumbob's mods).
    giphy.gif
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    I’m excited about the fact that we will eventually finally get Fairies in the near future.🤩
    I’m so looking forward to my Fake Fairies (Spellcasters in Fairy Costume) to eventually becoming Fairies.😛
    As for toddlers & children not having their occult abilities that they were born in until they are teens, it is what it is.🥲
  • MiddayMidday Posts: 32 Member
    Fairies pack is literally all I want. I would drop SO much money on a fairy pack if it were like vampires, with a skill tree and a world and stuff. C'mon EA, let me give you my money.
  • OccultmasterOccultmaster Posts: 125 Member
    Midday wrote: »
    Fairies pack is literally all I want. I would drop SO much money on a fairy pack if it were like vampires, with a skill tree and a world and stuff. C'mon EA, let me give you my money.

The Skill tree should be based on fairy folklore and myths.
    edited June 2023

Lol, don't tell them that! xDD Because then they'll turn something game pack worthy into an expansion pack, and then we'll really have to pay extra. xD *AHEM*Horses*AHEM* Excuse me. Had something in my throat just there. lol
    giphy.gif
  • MiddayMidday Posts: 32 Member
    AzukiMochi wrote: »

Lol, don't tell them that! xDD Because then they'll turn something game pack worthy into an expansion pack, and then we'll really have to pay extra. xD *AHEM*Horses*AHEM* Excuse me. Had something in my throat just there. lol

Honestly though I WOULD

I'm afraid now that we won't get a fairy pack before they stop making 4 packs and switch their focus to 5
  • ThornwillowThornwillow Posts: 123 Member
    @Midday I understand your excitement as i'm a fairy fan too, but i guess we're getting it next year, given that will be 2 years since Werewolves and that's normally the time that takes them to launch a supernatural game pack after the previous one