Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Kit(s) have you purchased?

Comments

• LaxPhoenixLaxPhoenix Posts: 13 New Member
    Bust The Dust & Country Kitchen
    @Atreya33
    I feel as though Kits will go the way of Stuff packs, maybe with enough community feedback of the Kits being overpriced, they will either change the price or add more content to them, making them a bit more worth it for most?
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    LaxPhoenix wrote: »
    @Atreya33
    I feel as though Kits will go the way of Stuff packs, maybe with enough community feedback of the Kits being overpriced, they will either change the price or add more content to them, making them a bit more worth it for most?

It's possible. Let's hope so. They haven't been out for a week so it is hard to tell at the moment.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    All 3 Kits
    I just purchased all 3 the other night.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    All 3 Kits
    They cost just about the same as a latte and I don’t buy lattes anymore so, with that money I am buying these. Just as enjoyable but they last a lot longer. 😊☕️💻

Yeah, because of the pandemic I have been cooking at home more, and not going to the store very often and I’m not a big internet shopper so I enjoy having the extra packs. I don’t use CC so I really enjoy most any kind of packs for the sims 4.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    LaxPhoenix wrote: »
    @Atreya33

i was just happy the price was so cheap. i haven't worked in a year cause of the pandemic. so for me a full pack is a lot of money i got all 3 for what i usually pay for just 1 gamepack.
  • Tenchi2aTenchi2a Posts: 105 Member
    None.
    I have not purchased anything for the Sims for some time now.
    As I have said before, the only way to fight back EA's Price Gouging and Money Grabs is to hit them where it hurts in their wallets.
    People have to realize that every overpriced Stuff pack/Game pack/Expansion pack/Kit with reduced or lackluster content that they buy fuels EA's knowledge that they can produce substandard work (Recolors, Repeated game play, 2/3-1/2 the content) and still charge you full price for it.
    I'm not going to go into the pack by pack comparisons as this has already been done to death, but this has been an on going issues with EA games for a while now.
    Look at their sports game "EA it's not in the game". for awhile EA sports was so fixated on microtransactions that every new edition of their sports games had less content and more transactions. it wasn't until sales started dropping that they started (still nowhere near what it use to be) re-adding missing content to the games.
    The point is if you keep buying substandard product they will keep selling you substandard product. You can't keep buying this stuff and hope they get better, it will not.
    EA is a business and you need to hit them in their wallet to get them to take notice. Stop taking the "Good enough attitude" and demand more from their products.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Country Kitchen
    I don't care to make extra housework for my Sims, and the fitness gear didn't really grab me. I love the kitchen stuff, though. The appliances in particular are perfect for my more historic houses. Money well spent.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    I wonder why the none option is missing.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    Where's the "NONE" option?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 890 Member
    Bust The Dust
    I was going to wait until they updated this kit, but since finding mods that addressed the issues I saw with it I went ahead and purchased it. I am finding it fun so far.
  • Tw1stedAng3lTw1stedAng3l Posts: 49 Member
    All 3 Kits
    [quote="Aquarius94;c-17821161"]Just when I thought they couldn't get any lower than My First Pet stuff. Most of the things in these "packs" look like recolored versions of content we already have. Especially the freakin kitchen set! What the plum!? Like....Just save your money and download CC, people.

The vacuum was tempting because it's the only thing we haven't had before. But even then, I'm not paying five dollars for a virtual vacuum cleaner XD[/quote]

Some people, such as myself, cannot utilize CC as we play on consoles. I play on my Xbox One. If CC, such as from sites that I know produce *quality* CC were able to be utilized on my console then I (and probably a vast majority of other console players) would happily get CC.

Having said all that - I bought each one for a specific reason, and to me they are worth every cent. TFK I got because I grew up in the 90's..so, you know - nostalgia. Not to mention more athletic wear options. BTD I bought because 1) vacuums (finally!) and 2) those dust bunnies are too blooming cute! CKK I bought because I grew up in a small farming area and so once again - nostalgia.
    About me: ☆Mama☆Gamer☆Caffeine Addict☆Artist☆Hopeless Romantic☆Bibliophile (Bookworm)☆Nerd☆Writer☆

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. - Mahatma Ghandi
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    All 3 Kits
    All of them. :smile:
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Bust The Dust
    I bought the Bust the Dust kit because it fit into my game at the moment, but I also plan on getting the kitchen one when I have need for it or it goes on sale.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    All 3 Kits
    TeeSea wrote: »
    You can dust bust the recycling machine😂

You can also dustbust showers and popcorn machines. :smiley:

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    All 3 Kits
    All three. Not because I think they're great, but the dust one makes itself prevalent.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    None, whether it's overpriced or not, I don't want to show support for micro transactions. With enough kits you essentially just have the Sims 3 store.
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited March 2021
    (Double post)
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    None, whether it's overpriced or not, I don't want to show support for micro transactions. With enough kits you essentially just have the Sims 3 store.

@dreamprisoner Or a second Sims 3 store because the stuff packs are already the same as bundles from Sims 3 Store. When it comes to DLC milking Sims 4 must be number 1.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • ElisetomElisetom Posts: 70 Member
    None... I think the Country Kitchen one is pretty, but still overpriced. The dust one doesn't fit my gameplay (TS4 is a leisure resource to me, I don't want to be overwhelmed with cleaning). The clothes one is so-so (I can find better CC). Probably won't buy any kit.
  • momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    All 3 Kits
    Got all 3 thought it was inexpensive. Love the vacumn but apparently so do sims they're a lays using it. The one I was unsure of was the clothes but I found I really like it in game. Waiting for them to come out with more now
  • suetoopsuetoop Posts: 35 Member
    None...This reminds me so much of the sets in the Sims 3 store that many posters have complained about (example would be Stuff Packs: "At least it's not as bad as the Sims 3 store"). Now these same people are buying all the microtransactions for the Sims 4 and saying "Give me more!!"
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    None so far because I recently purchased the Snowy Escape Expansion Pack and the Paranormal Stuff pack, and I've been saving money for some personal problems, health-related. The Country Kitchen Kit looks nice enough, but they certainly feel extremely overpriced for the content they offer. Maybe I'll grab them when they go on sale or I have some extra money to spare, though it won't be soon... Happy Simming to those who have been enjoying them, though! *Sending hugs*
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    All 3 Kits
    I bought all 3 when they come out. I'm a DLC junkie and will buy anything the Sims team puts before me. I want to have a store like in TS3. Because while I have some packs I never use for gameplay, I like the worlds, B&B, and CAS. I would want a store to be able to buy things from packs without having to have the pack installed.

The Sims are my hobby, and I have no problem supporting my hobby. I love the franchise and will always support. Of course this does not mean I agree with everything they are doing, but I love new content I can use when I build homes.
  • SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    edited March 2021
    None. All of the content should have been FREE for the loyal, dedicated Simmers Community. Most of the items are just a waste of time and energy and do not add any real entertaining gameplay.

Sim Kits are worse than the SP's that offer little new interactive and engaging play for our Sims. It's like the programmers/developers have run out of ideas which is ludicrous when we, as the simming community, have been asking for a plethora of new gameplay objects and actions that have largely been ignored by EA and TPTB. Total FAIL.

Looking forward to Sims 5 and hope that some other video game manufacturer revives this once FUN and well-developed simulation game. Think Sims 2 and Sims 3 w/out all the game ending glitches. Fini.
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    All 3 Kits
    Loving the addition of kits! I bought all three as fast as I could. Just imagine the possibilities - these could really fill in the gaps. All those missing hobbies, activities, even socials and other things. I'm excited. <3 Hoping they do NOT reveal a Store though - paid more than $5 for one item during the Sims 2...not a fond memory.