Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friday Highlight March 12 - A week on The Sims forums

EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
Sul sul Simmers!

And welcome to this week's Friday Highlights! 💜

This week, on March 8, it was International Women's Day and we have been celebrating all the amazing women out there, their experiences, and achievements.
If you haven't done so yet, check out our great Women Make The Sims Every Day blog post and get to know some of the awesome women Simmers in this awesome community. :smiley:

Alright, let's start diving into this week's picks!

oedd3urj8t7c.png
I don't know about you but I'd really love a nice walk with the gang now, too ... like in this lovely screenshot by @logionhere.

And these are the highlights:
  • Since this week has been all about empowering and supporting women, I was delighted to see some lovely, topical posts on this forum like @mightysprite's discussion "Share your most traditional and least traditional women Sims!". I'd love to see more of your amazing women Sims! :heart:
  • ... But, of course, we don't want to forget about our male Sims (we are looking for equity after all, right?)! So, hop over to @luciferarevalo's "Male Sims appreciation thread" and show us your favourite male Sims! :heart:
  • It's time for our building pick now. I noticed that @Xinqun updated the thread "XQ Showcase. Latest: Volcanic Temple" and the latest build is just as amazing as the rest of the creations. Go and check out the volcanic temple! :smiley:
  • Now, calling all our The Sims 3 aficionados! If you are looking for a new challenge to spice up your gameplay, then maybe @icmnfrsh's "Race against the clock challenge" is just right for you. Have fun and share your experiences with the rest of us. :relaxed:
  • And last but not least, "What's your favourite expansion pack from each iteration of The Sims?" asks @Sallycutecat and I think that is a great question. For me, it would probably be TS1: Hot Date, TS2: University, TS3: World Adventures, and TS4: Sulani (I just love the beach!) ... I'm looking forward to seeing your choices! :blush:

I really hope you liked today's highlights! :) And - like always - should there be a discussion or thread that you feel should be featured in the Friday Highlights, just send it my way!

Have a wonderful weekend and mind yourselves! :heart:
- Leeloo

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Thank you! Have a great weekend! 😊
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    I only ever had the Sims 1 base game, so can’t comment on those expansions. For Sims 2 I’d probably say FreeTime. Sims 3 and 4, though, I don’t know if I have a favourite. There are good and bad bits about all the expansions. I have all the Sims 3 ones and then all the Sims 4 ones apart from Eco Lifestyle (so EPs rather than GPs or SPs).
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    I don't remember much about the Sims 1 expansions. It's been a very long time since I've played them. I think I had windows XP the last time I played them.
    Sims 2: I would have to say stuff pack: Ikea and expansion pack: University. Free time was fun too. I miss being able to restore cars.
    Sims 3 is hard to pick a favorite really. I liked university, pets (even though it crashed my game a lot) into
    the future, generations, seasons, and a few others but I'm drawing a blank right now, as it's been over a year since I've been able to play Sims 3. Sims 4: Hmm, for Sims 4 I would have to say I don't have a favorite pack, but I did love it when toddlers were added. The packs I use the items/clothes of the most are probably seasons, parenthood, cats and dogs, toddlers/kids room, and occasionally I'll use things from City Living.
    I have all of the packs for all of the iterations of Sims.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I've never experience Sims 1 & 2; I've never even heard about them until 2011, when my daughter & I got Sims 3.
    My favorite packs in Sims 3 were: Supernatural, Late Night, Showcase, Ambitions, World Adventure, Into The Future, Master Suite, Movie & High-End.
    My favorite packs in Sims 4 so far are: Get Together, Snowy Escape, Spa Day, Vampires, Realm Of Magic, Paranormal, Island Living, Get To Work, Strangerville, Journey To Batuu, Get Famous, Spooky, Romantic Gardens & Jungle Adventure.

I love packs that are a little weird & fits together with previous packs.
  • Simst3rSimst3r Posts: 107 Member
    Grew up with all of them.
    1 - Makin Magic
    2 - Pets
    3 - Supernatural
    4 - Seasons
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    Congratulations everyone who was showcased in this week's Friday highlights B)! Awesome picks @EA_Leeloo B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    Sims 1 - Only played console version
    Sims 2 - University/Apartments
    Sims 3 - Ambitions/Seasons
    Sims 4 - Ciy Living/Discover Uni
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    @simgirl1010 Thank you - I hope you had a lovely weekend! :)

@Lucy_Henley I hear ya! It's so difficult to pick a favourite. :smiley:

@simgirl542 Wow, you seem to have an impressive collection! And those are great picks, I definitely cannot argue with those choices. ;)

@SERVERFRA Great picks and so true: "packs that are a little weird & fits together with previous packs" are brilliant! :)

@Simst3r Those are fab choices! I was actually torn between Hot Date and Makin' Magic for TS1 so totally I second that choice. :relaxed:

@coolsim9999999 Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked the featured threads! :blush:

@Khrisstyne Wisely chosen! Those packs are definitely up there! :smiley: