Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Discriminatory Sims: they get along easily

I feel like my sims are getting along too easily. It would be interesting if your sims could dislike each other based off personality or maybe even looks
I.e make-up

Comments

• HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    I use a few mods to try get some sort personality conflicts going. However, short of making moodlet buffs much stronger and hoping it happens in autonomy, it's unlikely to be the case.

The easy way to get terrible relationships is going to Batuu, accosting people on the streets for their ID and you know they are resistance and get an instant half red bar in one go when they are arrested and interrogated. (for some reason not only are the weapons some imperial sims end up outside of Batuu, but the butch walk and the relationships won or lost out that way are also included, which they should not be in any shape or form).

However, those relationships can be easily mended for example mentoring a sim that dislikes another sim while exercising, that quickly turns it from dislike to good friends. Some of these things put into TS4 really need a second look into.
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    Remember awful calls from previous games? My memory might be bonkers, but sims would call and say witty, silver tongued things about very specific details of one sims life, if they disliked you, or plainly heard gossip. I don't see the reason to remove this, never have I seen somebody complain. I don't do much of that in reality, but with all the webs my sims fall into, those interactions seemed perfectly right.
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 704 Member
    Remember awful calls from previous games? My memory might be bonkers, but sims would call and say witty, silver tongued things about very specific details of one sims life, if they disliked you, or plainly heard gossip. I don't see the reason to remove this, never have I seen somebody complain. I don't do much of that in reality, but with all the webs my sims fall into, those interactions seemed perfectly right.

Omg I do remember that,
    Those comments seriously delighted me
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited March 2021
    This is an interesting idea. At times I want the sims to have more strife; but with both TS3 and TS4 I was in the beginning of playing them, very grateful that the sims were oblivious to looks and in most ways to anything about eachother. I don't even like the reputation system from GF, I find it too stereotypical and boring, and too easy to achieve a good reputation, and silly if I don't.

So after having played the sims for a couple of years, that is the first time I want to create some hardship for my sims, and I think at least me as a new player would not buy a game that applies the discriminatory systems encountered in life; it would just be too sad.
    But I do try in some ways to make sims dissimilar to eachother, giving them different life opportunities etc, to in some subtle way create a more realistic world.

I think for a feature of discrimination based on looks, I would not buy it, if it ever would be added. But the attraction system i TS3, based on simple categories of work level, skills, money etc could perhaps be interesting if applied to all relations, and worth buying a pack for if I could toggle it save to save.

That on the other hand is achievable by me, like mentioned; with Green Footprint, Lot traits, reputation, NAP's, carefully guarded social interactions and picked relations with other sims in world, choosing the career for immersion rather than income, adapting outfits and looks etc to this. I kind of like it more to be able to have flexibility to set up a stage; than for some fixed game narrative to be forced on me.

And while I did like the fact that the attraction system was in place in TS3, I really did not like what it was based on; again because it was too stereotypical and uninteresting. I think it would be complicated to find a middle ground for such a feature, that leaves the game flexible for players to each apply their own discriminatory systems mechanics; and the games rarely exhibits complicated systems, so far, when for instance comparing to what mod creators have added to it.

I think perhaps a couple of ideas of how it should be expressed, with examples of practical situations, would be interesting to read.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    In TS2 you can have conflicting interests and it would be harder to develop a relationship with that sim. The attraction system also allowed your sim to be attracted/not attracted to a sim because of their hair color, size, employment status, skills, occult state, glasses, beard, clothing choice, makeup and more :)
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • CladriahCladriah Posts: 69 Member
    I wouldn't mind if some townies reacted poorly to other sim types like werewolves and spellcasters
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Cladriah wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind if some townies reacted poorly to other sim types like werewolves and spellcasters

Might be a good Idea for Vampire Hunter sims after Vlad breaks into their homes and starts sucking their SO.