Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I created a Chrome extension to remove the announcements at the top of the forum

icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
Some of my friends have been complaining about the announcements ever since they removed the dismiss button. It was cluttering up their Sims forum pages, so I decided to do something about it. It's just a simple Javascript snippet that removes the announcements in the site's HTML.

Download here
Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?

Comments

• KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Congratulations on the release, it worked like a charm! Thank you :blush::+1:

fvdtyrtge.png
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    That's awesome, man!! :D Sadly, I'm on Firefox. 😪😫
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

Time to switch to Chrome or Brave 😏
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »

Time to switch to Chrome or Brave 😏

No way, Firefox is way better than Chrome. :P And Brave is too bare, or at least the last time I tried, it was bare.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,715 Member
    Using it - it works like a charm and it calms down the forum user experience by a good margin :smiley:
    Banner.png
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Why'd they even remove it?
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Rosysimmer wrote: »
    Why'd they even remove it?

No idea tbh, but it's annoying

• SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    Thank you so much!