Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• SepiaSepia Posts: 101 Member
    @Daephene No, I usually play the Hargroves exclusively. Now that the Spiveys are in the same save, they are just family friends of the Hargroves for now. I haven’t seen the original household walking around in this save except for young Casey.
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @Metior_Ice I didn’t realise the Forever Fresh Trait is so useful to Merfolk. I’ll be filing that tidbit away for my mersims. Your idea of having each heir reflective of the packs they represent sounds very interesting. I hope you share their homes with us when you begin. :smile:

@Daephene Thank you! It’s nice to see a familiar face! And I have to agree with you. Adult Jacob looks incredibly fine~ He’s yummy! :love: I also really enjoyed the campsite screenies. A really strong sense of togetherness and family. :smile:
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    To everyone your sims are amazing.

Love Day Happened in my game had Morgyn and Simeon go out on a date at a lounge I recently created with a hot tub and places to sleep for those who drank too much juice. No need for sims to engage in poor choices right. It turned out very well they got a legendary date out of it. I had Sam and Gemma go to a high-end celebrity bar I made. after starting the game for Sam and his brother to hang out at. I thought I got pictures of everyone on their dates but I didn't, sorry. When the kids age up to teens I'll try to get pictures on their dates.

One of the days I'm going to have a game where Sam Astral's spouse doesn't cheat on him. I was honestly hoping this game would be that game. Gemma had autonomous woohoo with the maid they hired to help keep the home clean. Sorry, Sam one day. At least this time it wasn't one of your brothers. It's not like Sam is a total plum or anything like that. He just gets cheated on in every game I use him in.

Gemma had Sam and her baby girl named after Minerva Charm 2 sim hours after Gemma got the news her mom passed on. Minerva aged up to a toddler. Marie, Solomon and Sabrina aged up to children.

Anatu went with her dad to check on Simeon and Morgyn after the news of Minerva's passing and comforting her mom. Anatu is the kind of girl who just wants to comfort everyone who is grieving, That is exactly what she did. Knowing her future father in law Simeon is a Gloomy sim she checked on him first. Worried he might try to commit suicide or something like that. Next, she offered her condolences to Morgyn and Fox who was sad because he could see how sad his parents were and he met Minerva once when she came to visit and thought how lucky Anatu was to have such a cool grandmother. Then she went to visit her cousins Solomon Marie and her Uncle Darell and Auntie Emilia to check on them and offer her condolences. They were glad to have her and Gemma there.

Anatu and Gemma even went to visit L who in Minerva's last days had reconciled their differences and became friends.

Anatu started a club for all the magical kids. I forgot when I started the game I turned the Goths into spellcasters. My thought was what if Cassandra aged up and married Sam or one of his brothers. What if Alexander aged up to young adult and married Sam or one of his brothers. I didn't think much of it until Anatu created her club inviting all teen and child spellcasters to join. It adds more choices to the bloodline. I also added in Dr Strange and his wife Clea. I added in Tim Hunter and his wife Molly. I added in John Constantine today

Here are what the kids look like

Sabrina gets along best with Simeon. He is teaching her Practical Magic. She has no interest in learning Untamed Magic from Morgyn. She loves her brother Fox and is good friends with Anatu who she talks about boys with as the giggle Sabrina is more like Simeon than Fox is. I think I want her to end up with Marie because Marie was learning magic from Minerva and learning it quickly. While her brother would rather learn Untamed Magic like his mon. When Solomon becomes a teen I'll have him start dating Alexander Goth. However, my mind might change. Sabrina does have plenty of options to choose from.

Sabrina Ember-Silversweater

Everyday
    [img][/img]bCaUQYq.png

Formal
    [img][/img]P0GZasl.png

Party
    [img][/img]uVYWEB5.png

Marie Charm

Everyday
    [img][/img]dz7CDoj.png

Party
    U1hd4zR.png

Solomon Charm

Everyday
    [img][/img]e0dFDtd.png

Party
    l8ZtnGB.png

Minerva Mandrake

As a baby in her crib
    [img][/img]ICw7lKz.png

Now a toddler I wanted to use natural hair for her. This is her everyday outfit.
    [img][/img]uMiQWwZ.png

Her party outfit
    [img][/img]9bb3DkW.png

Like her sister, Anatu Sam will gladly teach her magic. There was a time before the Last Occult War. When Sam and his brothers taught at Ravenwolf Academy for young spellcasters. Unless it's family he and his brothers hardly teach anymore.

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    @Daephene Thanks, it's good to be able to post my albeit mostly bad screenshots again. :D I still can't take too many screenshots at one time without the game spazzing out and freezing, but at least it's not crashing everytime I hit capture. Oh for a better computer to run my game on (soon). :)
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    edited March 2021
    @mercuryfoam I'll be sure to share pictures. The pictures of my Sulani Renovations didn't come out very well, but I consider the lot to still be a work in progress.

I actually started a thread where I shared a ton of information about merfolk and what they can do in the water. Maybe some of that info will help even if the thread is too old for new comments.

@Daephene Like many things, I'm ready to move on. I just didn't want anyone to wonder why I don't have the younger life stages shared in the future.
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    edited March 8
    Hello everyone, tonight I am posting the 1st part of a series where my two sims families daughters meet, after being long distance friends.

But first some comments!
    @Daephene Great to be back!!! I am loving your story and the throw back you did with aging your sims down, it really was a good refresher and I love keeping up with them!
    @Becka28 Love your not so berry challenge! I am on gen gray myself, I also have a sim named Dove is the heir, any tips for getting that perfect body task checked off in the aspiration? Also amazing alien gardening and gorgeous wedding <3
    @mercuryfoam It is lovely to see you back! You're sims are as gorgeous as ever and I love the little challenge these too had! :)
    @BlueSeaWaves Woot welcome back! I love your story a lot and am very happy to see it progressing in a good way, though I feel for Archie when he finds out about this, watching him grow up really gets you attached huh?
    @Metior_Ice I really enjoy all your post and you dedication to merefolk, you really make the game work for you, despite it lacking aspects!

A link to the recap I did of the Adlers and Stones:https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17829341#Comment_17829341

Some requested to be tagged @RedDestiny92 and @Silverofdreams30

Okay now one to the story!!!

It was the start of winter, but it was the time before it snowed but still got really chilly definitely distinguishing from Autumn to Winter.
    50593032518_3f58ff610b_h.jpg

In the early morning two figures walk on a sidewalk

"I know it is cold baby, don't worry, we won't be out here much longer."

Max wondered if he just should have carried her in? But she had woke up all smiles but small steps and yawns.

It looked like another yawn was about to escape but instead, Rainbow showed a wide smile and blew out air,

"Heh, daddy look, my breath shows in the air, pah~"

She did it again with a giggle.
    50596183021_cccf9be2ba_h.jpg
    50596182961_888a7c4985_h.jpg
    50596303112_723f6dec2f_h.jpg

More Under The Cut
    Max chuckled to himself, why was he ever worried?

"I see you, me too."

They spent the last few steps puffing out breaths and giggling about it.

Max's Thoughts: I'm not surprised by her happy discovery... she would not really remember all that well winter in the City, and Oasis Springs never gets this cold.
    50596182876_612b3d32ad_h.jpg

Max had picked this breakfast diner because it was open early on in the morning and it got a pretty good rating, 3 stars, good enough for them.

They had parked the car, a little ways off, they had borrowed from Matty -who was a manger of a car and auto shop and gave them a good rental discount- also Matty was Max's twin boyfriend too~
    50595440593_902a160474_h.jpg

Max went up and asked how long the wait would be?

Rainbow was having a small look around but not too far away.

The host told them not long at all, they had plenty of free tables and was used to people stopping in for a quick breakfast or coffee.

Max went ahead and booked them a table.
    50596184066_1bd1fc59d1_h.jpg
    50596303912_8c290f03f1_h.jpg
    50596183816_afcebefc9e_h.jpg

xD Max got a little sidetracked by the pastries and the host came back to make sure the table was okay?

A little embarrassed, Max assured him it was perfect and went to sit down.

Max's Thoughts: I need more grounded food then pastries though to keep energized for the rest of the drive.
    50596303872_680c170254_h.jpg

However, little girl had no obligations to drive just being a passenger, so she begs Max to have the breakfast cereal bagels with hot chocolate.

"Pretty please daddy, it well wake me up"

Max's Thoughts: I think you are awake enough! Oh well, it can't harm only a few more hours, I can survive the hyper attack, I think.

"Okay Rainbow you can have those things to eat."
    50596303617_7f8ce38885_h.jpg

Celebratory happy jig of yes! I am getting lots and lots of sugar! xD

She is so cute but sly, I am telling y'all!
    50596183461_53ac73cb57_h.jpg

Max orders the meals and makes one last deal with Rainbow

"And the cereal bagels and hot coco for my daughter, but baby, daddy gets a bite before you devour it."

Max Thought's: There. Now I still get some pastry!

Rainbow smiled nodding not one to be greedy and good with sharing.
    50596303882_3b824d59ee_h.jpg

Max made sure to cash on in that bite of bagel as soon as it got to the table!

It was delicious!

Also the way they look at each other <3 So much love you could reach out and touch it!
    50596183481_a48cd33fd8_h.jpg

After they both got finished, Max politely waited to pay the bill.

Rainbow was having a very hard time having patience and waiting, also standing still.

The sugar had rushed through her causing her to jog in place, her thoughts a round about of

Rainbow's Thoughts: Come on! Come on! Come on!
    50596182576_d92052610f_h.jpg

"Gotta go, gotta go, gotta go!"

This was the chant/ sing-song voice tone of the hypered girl,

"Gotta go HAZELNUT!"

That shout bursting forth surprising a few costumers who thought the little girl needed the restroom.

Hazelnut what? Did she want some type of pastry? x3

For those who don't know this is her nickname for Hazel!~
    50596302877_a3b2e429d3_h.jpg

With a burst of energy, not really thinking, Rainbow leaped out the door running off,

She looked behind her to see Max following but not enough to see his facial expression!
    50596302607_50c0e93a1a_h.jpg

He looked pretty distressed since she was headed for the parking lot.

His breathing got a bit sharper as his heart pounded in his chest fear shooting everywhere in his body making him pick up speed.
    50596182331_ee6654a5a9_h.jpg

Max was trying to focus and just catch her!

She had never done anything like this before, not as a toddler!

He swallowed enough of his anxiety and panic to call out,

"Rainbow! Stop!"
    50596182256_21d95c2ed0_h.jpg

Max's eyes went wider as the girl giggled not listening.

She kept running!

But he was not playing or joking....

Guess he needed to make that clear and fast!

He sped up more steps and caught her hand firmly.

Rainbow swung around to say something playful but the smile dropped off her lips.

Rainbow's Thoughts: Uh oh... daddy he is upset....
    50596302417_6598ec5e0b_h.jpg

Max gave one quick tug careful not to hurt her the when she was close, He scooped her up right away.

Only then off her feet, with him, his heart started to calm down.

"Rainbow."

Slowly her eyes meet his.

"That was completely unacceptable."

He held up his hand,

"No you listen young lady, to me, I know you are excited and hyped up literally but you ^^never^^ run outside like that, and especially not from me ^^ever^^ unless we both know we are playing a game."

"That was dangerous and it scared me."
    50595439533_01217c041b_h.jpg

Rainbow had wrapped her legs round her dad's waist and clung on tight when he gestured with both hands to her for a moment.

Rainbow's Thoughts: Whoa... I did not mean too.... I thought only Auntie Kenna could get all like that with me.

"I'm really sorry daddy...."

She leaned forward till her forehead touched his chest,

"I got too excited... I'm sorry, I won't do it again daddy, I understand."

Very upset, because he was upset with her some tears came from her eyes.

"I love you daddy."

Max took a few more deep breaths calming down completely,

"I love you too baby that is why you can't do that again like you said, because if you even try it will be a lot worse then me scolding you, your safety is important to me."
    50595439478_a464c3d854_h.jpg

He hated to see her look so down and sorry but she had to know this was serious.

"I know daddy, I'm sorry."

She squeaked this quietly.

Max pulled her higher and gave her a proper hug,

"Okay, I forgive you, Rainbow."

He took a few more moments to give her some assured affection,

"Now am I going to carry you? Or are you going to walk but hold onto me? Because walking on your own is banned for now."

"I ran walk daddy and hold onto you."

So the two do a rather solemn trek back to their car.

But of course things soothe over more and the two find themselves singing along to the radio in a matter of a few miles together.
    50596302232_80ba75cec2_h.jpg

Meanwhile, getting up a little later because they did not have to travel all that ways, Declan and Hazel made cupcakes together for their guest per the request of Hazel!

Vanessa though worried left a list of emergency and contact numbers for them both.

When it comes to Declan her will always seems weak and she has skirted around his reality.

But before she left to stay with Beck for the time, she told him, to stay perfectly alert and okay, no backtracking or leaving.

She had also talked to Max on the phone asking if he saw anything funny to call her or Tucker, giving him their contacts.
    50595439198_a7b6c0ed96_h.jpg

Lastly, Vanessa had talked to Hazel herself, she saw the girl was noticing things or had she been for a while now?

It was a tough talk about if weird daddy came out to have Mr. Stone alert someone or she run a crossed the street to Yu and Brandie.

Vanessa's heart broke in two when Hazel could point out signs and even triggers of "weird or strange daddy."

Hazel's Thoughts: I wish Nessa could have stayed, but I am so excited that Rainbow is coming! Here! To My Houuuse!

Hazel's Thoughts: I hope they don't get lost, they can call, but can daddy give them directions? I don't know them, maybe Nessa wrote those down too? Seems like her.

Hazel's Thoughts: So far, daddy is normal daddy, please, please stay normal daddy for me the whole time!
    50596181766_e94bcf3fd4_h.jpg

The two red heads stood in awe for a long moment,

"WHOA!"

Rainbow leaned on her toes in glee eyes wide,

"Daddy! This house is so huge!"

Max came out of his slight shock,

"Very, boy the picture did not do it justice that is for sure!"
    50595439308_4cf95a1b03_h.jpg

Hazel heard voices and an exclaim, this particular exclaim was in a voice she could recognize anywhere,

Heart picking up in beats of excitement and nerves, Hazel went to peek and saw!

"D-a-Da-Daddy they are heeeeeeereeee!"
    50595439038_c9185311b0_h.jpg

Until next time! :)
    Post edited by Lyrie on
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    edited March 2021
    Archangel Michael caught fire while pooping... :|

feuerumkqx.jpg

I know this happened because of an eco upgrade Raphael made to that toilet the day before, not because Michael is such a dork, but it's hilarious that these accidents keep happening to him of all people, he doesn't even have the Clumsy trait. Earlier that same day he was struck by lightning twice (once in the house, I didn't know that was possible), the next day aliens abducted him, and whenever he goes anywhere with his fellow angels (Selvadorada, Mt. Komorebi), he's the one who keeps getting attacked by insects while everyone else has a great time.

Such a hero in the Bible, such a walking accident in my game... :D
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    edited March 2021
    @Lyrie First of all Rainbow is so adorable - the way she is looking up at Max with that cute little gap in her teeth. I want to hug her. xxx The way they looked at each other in the cafe was beautiful. Some animations in the game are just so lovely (why I get addicted to spending time there ).

I am loving The Not so Berry challenge (I am a little behind with posting as sometimes I don't have time - and my Pink has just been born). For grey - make their life exercise centred -
    never use go here use the jog here option etc. I bought the workout machine from strangerville as that seems to raise fitness quickly (also had basketball ring and a treadmill - these plus jogging are really all you need) plus clubs are your friend - Slate has both a singing club and a workout club (always remove elders from the workout cub or bad things happen!!!) - it meets lots of needs in one go - like fitness, social etc. I also go to skills classes at university if my sim seems stuck on raising a skill. Finally when doing fitness NEVER let your sim finish a meal - always stop them at 3/4 full and eat those low or 0 calorie meals (usually the grilled meals and salad but also bizarrely fish and chips is 0) Slate's diet was very boring. This list helps
    calorie list
    I didn't let him eat popcorn either on movie nights - not sure if it has calories but couldn't take the risk.
    I also bought gym rat and any other trait store potion that helped eg. mentor (because of family goals) and the ones where you get extra energised I think its early riser or similar (has the picture of the sun etc) - because fitness gains go up quicker when energised.

@mercuryfoam Morgana and trevor are beautiful sims - lovely cc work. I also love how yu did your screenshots.

@Metior_Ice I find your explanations of your play and how occults work very helpful. I originally joined the forum to get play ideas and to learn more how things work in game - and your posts do both :)

I think I'll do one more Grey Post - Slate (Not so Berry)
    previous update

Last update little Mirabelle (the Plum heir was born) - Slate has been longing to be a parent so he is so happy.
    CRjR313.png
    For those unfamiliar with the challenge Grey has to max fitness (something I have done with lots of sims), top the career in fitness, max singing (a grind but doable) and max. parenting - well I didn't own parenthood so I had to buy it to finish the challenge. (lol "had" - i had an excuse to buy this really good pack - I can see why people love it) There were 2 problems with grey generation - the terrible lag that seemed to hit the game in November/december lst year and I had some sort of bug where skill activities didn't move the skill meter at all. I was still able to max fitness and singing but because I didn't know how to use the pack and was just learning how to skill up plus laggy bugs - I only got level 9 of parenting - very close but my first fail of the challenge :(
    (I made Mirabelle max parenting as a punishment to me - on top of my other goals and I did achieve it in the Plum generation so I don't feel so bad). I have heaps of admiration for @AlwaysAsking who raised Malcolm Langraab to have all the good values - she must be sooo good at using the pack. :) especially as he isnt the easiest sim to play.

Slate learnt quickly that toddlers are VERY messy.
    eYhhSuc.png

He was able to tell her off but I think he may have been too harsh in the early times - their relationship remained distant and that was really sad for Slate. Mirabelle, who grows up to be noncommital wasn't so worried.
    vNOimwn.png
    I8VK22G.png

Of course as a slob Slate does not clean so they had a daily maid - this maid earnt their money at this house!
    oq7NaGt.png

More daily life...
    This is not to say that Slate didn't try to have a close warm relationship - as Shari was in education she worked through the day - Slate worked from about noon so he and Mirabelle spent a lot of alone time bonding.
    t8rNVE8.png
    Id1mULk.png
    It was nice to come home to a nice clean house after a long days work.
    iZfrykc.png
    She loved Mirabelle too - but Mirabelle wasn't an easy child - just look at their faces :(
    ecaFf42.png
    Just doing Dad things - do children ever use this object? In my game it seems coded to adult males - they all use it at parties but kids ignore it.
    nmM4FOz.png
    Slate and Shari kept going from strength to strength in their relationship.
    f1tvEG4.png
    Plus I loved this cat as much as Slate but don't have its name written anywhere. It had the trait where you can send it out to scavenge you gifts etc. All it ever bought home was this green ball - hundreds of them. It made me laugh. I am glad I am not doing the later extended gen where you need pets like this to build the feather collection as I would FAIL BIG TIME!!
    sAndljU.png
    Poor exhausted maid...
    Df72nbE.png

Cloud and Mekhi
    Cloud and Mekhi had a beautiful baby boy called Harry (game choice - but it makes him Harry Hardy which works). They end up having 4 kids - another 2 boys and a girl. (all 4 were hybrids with the grey alien skin).
    sja0wW5.png
    rdo2Meo.png
    Once Harry was born, I gave them so extra time so they could have a wedding (you know you are a special NPC when I give you a wedding)
    JhJyYRV.png
    m9PvslC.png
    54GzlMB.png
    Sister Dove looks like she is going to have some good news soon by the way she looked sick and clutched her stomach all day.
    T8xmbpg.png
    The last elder standing (Aunt Rosa and Franni's younger half sister) Aunt Tanisha.
    gzRnOQd.png
    AWWWW
    96Gv1LQ.png
    efce3kT.png
    Slate and Shari were autonomously romantic in the background as they are not the active household here.
    H36sIOx.png
    Oh Dwight - the more I look through my screenshots - the more shots I find of Dwight just staring at Slate (I feel so sad for him and he's not even real.)
    RzkdkBj.png
    The ideal way to finish the night (never seems comfortable to me but sims love it.)
    RbOVvWI.png

The perils of marrying an alien...
    How they spent their wedding night
    NqQ4PW4.png
    xLacH3V.png
    Xl8BV5y.png
    zD1vG8R.png
    Thankfully there was no baby and he seemed to really enjoy the experience - Mekhi is just that positive, happy kind of guy. They sure kept him for a long time. (Lag issues again)
    v3iUAVg.png

Some birthdays
    Shari soon had some more good news for Slate
    x2UE5pP.png
    They were so excited about having another child they couldn't sleep.
    WvWTfAv.png
    Slate so lost himself he forgot he was a slob and began cleaning up a room for the new baby.
    E10vGTW.png
    Soon it was Slate's adult birthday
    qAUTKYQ.png
    e4kDGs8.png
    Dove and Shari were excited to be pregnant at the same time.
    hQPiL6V.png
    Dwight was excited to be near Slate
    xXdMkQy.png
    Mekhi and Cloud were in their own little loved up bubble
    d3olg7O.png
    (And the poor vampire was sad that all his friends were aging and soon to die while he is immortal.)
    although Slate would make himself immortal if he could through exercise...
    lAdLo6g.png
    Serenading his pregnant wife
    Q2TVtRz.png
    It is really sweet how much Slate loves Shari. (makes me feel better that he had to break it off with Brenda)
    8YN6T22.png
    And then it was time ........... a boy Pluot and a girl Damson (it was hard to find plum variety names - poor Pluot).
    LrtYNhc.png
    And then it was Mirabelle's birthday
    IoPLlgP.png?1

More wholesomeness..
    Slate enjoying himself
    NQrjN0k.png
    Mirabelle hates exercise but enjoys watching her parents.
    r4vKpq7.png
    The lag hit hard - this cat was not a senior but died of old age. I was as shocked as my sims - I always give my pets age down treats to keep them going longer ....... sob.
    zrJKuJE.png
    Poor Slate - he didnt handle it well - Mirabelle used cake as a coping mechanism
    o4vOyQG.png
    Happier moments
    BCNuVPC.png
    Mirabelle wants to be a Doctor when she grows up
    wfwCHME.png
    Shari's birthday
    jODWSjZ.png
    IN7WrNi.png
    Dwight has some news for Slate - first he comes out as gay and second that he has gotten married. Slate is happy for his friend - he was sad that Dwight had been lonely for so long.
    i4v8p6a.png
    I like this gen - the sunday family nights have made everyone really close friends
    j99bo4F.png
    Slate just can't stop singing when he is happy now...
    SMWQWIC.png
    EsK3UDL.png

So, while playing as Kemps, I decided to rearrange the households so that I don't have to manage 8 sims. I made most of my merfolk into NPCs because that's easier to manage. Now, I'm trying to see if I can make my retail employees into roommates so they autonomously care for themselves and do their own things.

I did get some ideas for my Sulani Rags to Riches play through. Island Living is the pack that introduces merfolk and odd jobs. My 5 other Elder Heirs will be doing teenager Rags to Riches, so this Sulani Rags to Riches will be how I test out my ideas before I start into the legacy households.

First off, I'm using Retail Stores as a substitute for buying from the catalog for the Sulani Expansion Style Rags to Riches. Everything that can be purchased in a retail store will be purchased from a retail store and the objects will be strictly from the Base Game, the Island Living Expansion Pack, the Laundry Stuff Pack, and any pack that isn't Island Living will be primarily used to complete an outfit (Shoes and Accessories if Island Living doesn't provide suitable clothing. For Example: Island Living does not have athletic sneakers, so a fitness pack like the Fitness Stuff Pack or Spa Day is acceptable for completing the Activewear outfit.)

Items that can't be purchased in a retail store that I can use the Catalog to buy include: rugs and kitchen counters. Pools and other basic buildings like walls are allowed if the funds are available.

Funds will only be gained by completing odd jobs or collecting in world collectibles. Objects must not require a skill to gather. For example: Harvestables can't be used for funds because they develop the gardening skill, but a seashell on the shore is acceptable to sell. Beachcombing will not be allowed unless done autonomously by a sim. Dolphins fetching items is allowed. Only one collectible per week can be sold. Only one odd job per week can be completed. Gardening requires a pot or planter. Only Sulani Recipes can be cooked provided the harvestables are acquired.

Objects purchased and manipulated in live mode are allowed. Gifts and Planters provide options for buying objects and seeds, this is allowed if the funds are available and there is place to put the item that isn't the outside ground.

Off-the-grid is required for the duration of the challenge.

All other Lot Traits must be Island Spirits and Volcanic Activity. Oceanic Paradise Lots are allowed if Island Spirits is not used.

Fabulously Wealthy and the Island Living Aspirations must be completed to complete the challenge.

Sims must always adhere to the income limitations until the challenge is completed. The challenge is completed once the sim completes the required Pack Related Aspirations.

Any skill can be developed at any time, but no skills can be used for income outside Odd Jobs and the Sale of 1 Collectible "that does not build a skill to collect." Tips are not allowed. Collectibles from Dolphins are Allowed. Collectibles from lightning strikes are allowed. Collectibles from Lava Bombs are allowed.

1 Trait must come from the pack. Merfolk are required to be Children of the Sea. Humans are required to be Children of the Islands. The two remaining traits can be anything else.

Clothing must be purchased. Most of the clothing must be from the challenge's pack. Sim should start out in rags of some kind.

Required Packs for the Island Living Challenge: Island Living, Get to Work, and Seasons.

Extreme Start is in Summer or Winter.

Soft Start is in Spring or Fall.
    Apparently, the roommate idea didn't work as planned, so I put the Kailani's and Kian's in the same household as Kemps. I also gave Kemps a wife, Isla. Now, the merfolk in my game, at least, feel like a family and pod. The Kailanis and Kians will still have NPC roles.
    edited March 2021
    The Island Elemental Twins Index:

https://theislandelementaltwins.blogspot.com/2020/12/index-httpsforums.html

The Mua Pel'Am Pod Elder: Kemps

So, a little backstory about Kemps Zalrian.

For those of you that haven't followed my updates from the beginning:
    Kemps is the older brother to Calum Zalrian. Unlike his brother, Kemps stayed close to the sea and took on the mantle of looking after the pod in the absence of the Elder Council. Kemps is the acting Elder, but he isn't a true elder. He's only related by blood to the original Blue Tail Elder, and his Nephews, Dylan and Zeph (together) are the heirs to the Blue Tail Elder Title. Kemps doesn't want to burden them with the responsibility of looking after the pod, so he hasn't actively made them take on the role as Blue Tail Elders. The Merfolk Elders don't only have unique tail colors, but they also have an ancient connection to Sulani as indicated by the Sulani Mana trait. The fact that the Kailani's carry this trait is a result of their own ancient lineage to Sulani in spite of not being an Elder Lineage. It's the tail color trait and the Sulani Mana Trait that makes them an Elder or Elder heir. The Blue Tail was thought extinct, but Dylan and Zeph's tail color is simply a reappearance of the tail color because Calum (who carried the bloodline) married an Island Elemental that turned into a mermaid. Hence, Dylan the Water Elemental, Zeph the Air Elemental, Ember the Fire Elemental, Jade the Earth Elemental, and Juniper the Earth Elemental. Each additional child carried a weaker manifestation of the element to the point that one of the four elements was split between two of the children. Dylan and Zeph have the strongest manifestation of the Blue Tail Blood Line, and that's why they inherited their tail color while their younger brother inherited his father's tail color. Most merfolk, almost all first borns, inherit a parent's tail color, while subsequent children might inherit a variation of a parent's tail color. Merfolk can die, but they do not die from old age in my current save. The Darkfins played a role in the original Elder's demise after their banishment. Their banishment did not prevent them from returning to Sulani to cause mischief and mayhem.

Kemps is now running the retail stores that sell goods. It's his business and a front for merfolk to learn how to blend in with humans. Kemps himself does not feel a strong need to conform to the way humans dress and act, but he has seen the value in learning to protect the pod in more human areas. Dylan and Zeph sought his approval and received their first human attire from Kemps before leaving for University in the World of Brightchester. Kemps did not hesitate to show up and check on the twins regularly to make sure they didn't awaken any humans to the existence of merfolk. Their greatest defense against humans is that non-merwoke humans can't see their true form, and tattoos on their legs allow them to shapeshift into a human form. Most of what I've done has been set up for their story and exploring everything I can do within the realm of elemental and mermadic abilities.

51039044993_dd56beb078_b.jpg

Humans and Merfolk are drawn to display surfaces and lightning. It's kinda funny.
    Dylan's thoughts: "How many humans does it take to screw in a lightbulb?"

51039771821_4203dd0f82_b.jpg

Aanndd, most merfolk make for bad employees.

51039044973_ffad56c4ff_h.jpg

Except Anas Sedia, who actually did his job. I guess working without help made him want to go home early though.

Anas: "I've seen twice as many humans contemplating how to screw in a lightbulb, no lies."

Dylan: "Really?!"

Anas: "Absolutely. They can be perfectionists sometimes and always need help."

51039867312_1b4dbd9057_h.jpg

Kemps: "Now, I enjoy swimming in the ocean like the rest of you, but Hayech, I need you to ring up customers, and Miss Zamora, I need you to answer customer questions."

Zamora: "Do we have to?"

Kemps: "I'll give you this cool seashell if you help?"

Zamora: "Okay."

51039044958_d8834d0649_b.jpg

Meanwhile, Dylan decided that he needed this Scroll of a Mermaid's Tail. Poseidon knows why?

Dylan: "I'm the spirit of the sea and reminds me of the ocean."

Me: "Okay, I can see your reasoning."

Dylan: "Good, I'm also buying this because Uncle Kemps decided to work instead of go to the Flea Market with me."

Me"...."

51039771791_4d5c20e8d6_b.jpg

And Kemps went home with a smile on his face after a day of going into the red...

51039044928_082570cca0_b.jpg
    edited March 8
    Hello everyone! posting another part of Hazel and Rainbow meeting!

But first!

@Becka28 Oooooh thank you sooo much! That information is truly helpful, I had no idea what it means but now I have a clear picture!
    I also kinda failed the challenge in Rose Gen I had more than one kid, Blaine (the heir) then I had Saffron because the player trait was so fun and awesome no one got jelly but oops! So I tormented poor Blaine and made up for it by making him have triplets and then a set of twins! :# It was a fun challenge though.
    Anyways to your update aww Mirabelle is a cute toddler and child! I like her room!~ Everyone is getting older that is the sad part! Do you play on normal too? Is it achingly hard if you do? xD
    Also for the building blocks aka leggos, Child + can build it and play on it. Toddlers once it is built can play on it. I think EA should have made that clearer! I love PH my fav gamepack!

Requested Tags @RedDestiny92 @Silverofdreams30

Table of Parts
    Part One H&R Meeting

The Adler's came outside, Hazel stopped and stared her smile beaming but her body somehow frozen.

She did not know what to do or say now,

Declan spoke first, or tried, "Wel--"

"HAZEL!!!!"

Rainbow called out with all the joy in her body, she did not stop there but went racing for the startled but still frozen Hazel.
    50596301877_1b40a56761_h.jpg

Successfully glomped, Hazel let out a soft gasp and stood still.

Rainbow stood still too arms wrapped tightly around the girl she was so happy to meet in person at last.

Max came up chuckling and shared the same type with Declan, they shook hands.

"Welcome, to our home, we hope to make you comfortable."

"Thank you, I doubt that will be a problem, nice to meet you."
    50596301887_ef85700d43_h.jpg

"Rainbow....."

Hazel said this slow but with feelings of shock and joy.

She repeated the name a few more times, it was real!

The moment she'd been thinking about for ages finally, in person they meet.

And just like she thought, Rainbow was a hugger!
    50595438878_7782eb471a_h.jpg

"Hazelnut, hi, hi how are you?"

"Heh, I am so happy to be here and finally give you a hug, hi."

Rainbow said a few more sentences around the same way, but then went quiet soaking in the moment.
    50596181706_3f7bbcfa48_h.jpg

More Under The Cut!
    Hazel finally got fully out of her state and hugged Rainbow back,

"Hi, I am so happy too, Hi Rainbow."

They were both so delighted and shocked

But who could blame them? This has been building up to meet like this for years now.
    50596301682_80a33d206f_h.jpg
    50595438828_9e5f734804_h.jpg

They all went inside and munched on the delicious cupcakes.

Oh no! More sugar! :O

But she looks in heaven, they must be really good, surprisingly they came out excellent quality.
    50596181281_f5c982e896_h.jpg
    50595438643_f232e0f2ca_h.jpg

"So Hazel! You made those right?"

Hazel turned to Rainbow and took a soft breath.

In real life person, Rainbow was ten times more er herself, full of life and energy, it almost buzzed around her, it was so powerful, Hazel was in a bit of awe by it.

"Oh, um yes, mhm...daddy let me do a lot of the work."
    50596301162_32bf9e1fef_h.jpg

"Ooooo so neat! They were delirious! Like super chocolatie, you should bake more things if you wanna."

Rainbow beamed with her true feelings and then even more then Hazel brightened up at the words.

Hazel in real person was kinda how she always was, that was a relief they were who they were, this made Rainbow happy.
    50596180921_978cd951b0_h.jpg

Hazel twirled her finger timidly but smiled at the encouragement feeling happy and wanting to do so, a bit confident.

"I really liked it and if Daddy and Nessa let me, I'd wanna do brownies next."

"Oh yeah brownies are so good and your favorite kind of sweet."

Hazel nodded, "Mhm, ever since I was really little."

"When you do, you gotta send me some, okay? Right? I love brownies."

Hazel closes her eyes and laughs,

"Sure but they won't have ice cream in them."

Rainbow giggled at the tease,

"That is okay! Haha! I will manage to enjoy them just fine!"
    50595438433_a5d9eb5724_h.jpg
    50596181071_481e29822b_h.jpg

The two men watched their girls interact of course talking amongst themselves.

They both enjoyed to see their daughters so happy, with the other.

Finally this long distance friendship could be realized into more.
    50596301212_fc972ba25c_h.jpg

Rainbow was telling Hazel all about the tram they saw and how cool it was! She had never seen a train before!

Hazel smiled and told her how it goes around that area and they should ride it and oh! Hopefully they can see the ferry boat but it might be too cold!
    50596180821_e7635e6664_h.jpg

"Those are good ideas, I think it might be too cold for the ferry ride though." Declan spoke up.

"Which means we will just have to come back when it it warmer." Max added cheerily.

"Yeah!" Both girls nodded happily.

"Say, Hazelnut? I know I seen pictures but can we see your room, please?"

Hazel stopped in the middle of her giggle and nodded though she seemed a bit nervous again,

"Sure follow me."

"Yay! Lead the way!"
    50595438098_a01e63da52_h.jpg
    50596180661_a0bdcd73f8_h.jpg

She let Rainbow go first then stood in the doorway a bit frozen concern written all over her face.

Poor Hazel such a nervous child, it shows a lot about her life....
    50596180486_532f8e47eb_h.jpg

"Whooooaaaaaa!"

Rainbow breathed in this approval,

"it is is even more amazing in person!"

"Wow look at everything, and I see your drawing table!"

Suddenly all that worry and mounting anxiety melted away and Hazel swayed from side to side modestly, smile back in place,

"Thank you, I love my room... see all my pictures?"
    50596180366_1dc7c45c20_h.jpg
    50596300887_8fa865d5ef_h.jpg

"Yeah!!!"

"I hung mine up of you too! We should get more! Aaaah I am so happy to be here~!"
    50596180506_67b3224e3e_h.jpg

"Here is Hammy house, I think he is asleep right now, hmm."

"Oh that is okay."

"Oh no wait there he is!"

"He is soooooo cute~"

"Do you want to hold him? He is pretty friendly."

"I can?! Yes I'd love too, I'll be super gentle!"
    50596300707_87708f0152_h.jpg
    50595437608_ef98889e47_h.jpg

Rainbow gentle extended her palm and let the little critter sniff then she gave him a treat, she kept her palm open inviting Hammy to come if he felt safe enough to do so.

Hazel stood near by telling him that it would be okay.
    50595437468_2fd1b6bb52_h.jpg

Hammy hopped right on and did his cute little chittering noises

Rainbow brought the hamster in for a nuzzle upon Hazel's encouragement.
    50596180096_ba1c238b1d_h.jpg
    50596300322_b38e7a5748_h.jpg
    50596300212_ebf48c1ab6_h.jpg
    50585533817_50e4c1b3e4_h.jpg

Then she was off introducing herself properly to Bun-bun.
    50595436988_866e804271_h.jpg
    50596179556_68799987b3_h.jpg

Then because she is Rainbow she spun and hugged Hazel tight.

"I am so happy to be in your room, heh, I thought and thought of moments like this but here it is real!"

Hazel shared the same sentiments~
    50596179741_366b8ea5d4_h.jpg

The two finally settled down on the bed, they had been running abut checking out all of Hazel's things especially her bookshelves.
    50596179501_118ee32ece_h.jpg

They started happily chit chatting about anything really, about Rainbow's drive here, about Hazel short week at school, about Rainbow's home school, books, friends, aunts (Rainbow's) and everything in between~

Rainbow was very keen on talking about the difference in the weather and asked Hazel if she think it would snow, so they could play in it!

Hazel said she would ask or they could watch the weather, if it did, she promised to show her how to build a snowpal, it was kinda like a sandcastle sure!
    50595436693_d4035f45cf_h.jpg
    50596299832_7cda0efa8e_h.jpg

Meanwhile Declan was showing his good side again and being a great host offered to show Max were he could drop their suitcases off and were they would be sleeping.

"This will be okay right?"

Max smiled nodding right away while looking around,

"More than alright, what a lovely room, thanks."

"No problem, the bathroom is right a crossed the hall."

Declan hesitated a small bit,

"When you're done, the game is on, soccer, I know the goalie, Champman, ya know the all star?"

A bit braggy but when you know people!

"Wow, yeah sure do! Let me make a few check in calls then sure!"
    50596184266_7f4bf1ef5d_h.jpg
    50596184091_ba3ca6f9cc_h.jpg

Everyone is settling in nicely, and that is all for now! :)
    Post edited by Lyrie on
    After some careful consideration, I decided that diving for collectibles to sell is acceptable, and I just remembered that beachcombing is one of the tasks for the Beach Life aspiration. I think beachcombing for trash to complete that milestone can be allowed. Beachcombing for trash is less likely to result in finding something of value.

To help discourage selling collectibles, I think a complete set of both Sea Shells and Buried Treasure should be a requirement for completing the challenge.
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    Hey everyone!
    I hope everyone’s week is going well and staying safe! Its been a hot minute since I’ve been on here. Had some construction work going on at my house for the past several weeks and other stuff so I haven’t been able to post much lately except for small things like builds. Nothing much happened in my game except for CAS creations or building stuff. Anyway, I actually got to play in the game this weekend. Here is what happened in my game!
    First a few comments from this page and the last one:
    @sepia I love both your Hargraves and now your Spivey-Jones household! They look like such a loving and dynamic family. I was chuckling when you mentioned you had the same alternate dimension family in the same save. I have a save like that and its surreal when your sim’s doppleganger shows up at the same venue.
    @grimlyfiendish Congrats to Zane and his boyfriend on moving in together!
    @drakharis I love Anatu’s eyes! Who created that CC if I may ask?
    @becka28 I went back to see the wedding post! I LOVE what you did with arch!! It looks awesome! I am finally glad that Slate found someone he can settle down with and also that they have a baby on the way:)
    I can’t wait to see what the baby looks like! And I really enjoyed the update with Cloud’s date with Mehki. And now they have a baby on the way! Mirabelle is precious and such a unique looking toddler. She’s going to be a beautiful as an adult. I sympathize with Dwight, but its best they just stayed as friends. Slate is happy with his life now. Hopefully Dwight can find another love interest
    I saw you got Parenthood! Isn’t it awesome!! I know that everyone raves about Generations in Sims 3 being soooo much better than Parenthood, but I prefer Parenthood. The additional traits they pick up from childhood really effects them later on in life. It can change their interactions and gameplay. I also love the fact that sims with the Parenthood pack can act as foster parents or adoptive parents without having to officially adopt if you select “adopt as care dependant.” It also gives more meaningful relationships with step parents. When the dependant child grows up, they will have a new relationship type set like “mommy dearest” etc. Also, super siblings with other children raised in the same household. I know Joanna has the same “super siblings” status with the Villareal children since they were raised with her. I love that pack. Ok, I’m done raving about Parenthood lol
    Slate seems like a great dad! I am sorry to hear about them being distant at first, but it looks like they improved their relationship. She looks like a quite a handful lol. I enjoyed seeing the cat! She seems like hoot. Ohh.....Poor kitty :(
    And yay! They wound up having twins later! Their names are so cute. :)
    Congrats to Cloud and Mehki! I enjoyed their wedding and it looks like they have a happy, and large, family!
    @mercuryfoam That build is absolutely amazing! It makes for an epic backdrop. I love the story too:) Morgana and Trevor are such a charming couple
    @blueseawaves I loved this update! Sylvia finally reunited with Arther. And I am much happier that she is now caring for him much better than the “agency.” And then when Anna got to reunite with him too!
    This hit home for me too. I finally got to meet my biological mother and family for the first time ever late last year (much later since I’m in my upper 30s) . It’s been a surreal and positive experience overall. Looking forward to updates with this family!
    @daephene I loved this update! The camping trip was awesome. I loved the screenshots. And the idea of a natural pool is brilliant! You go Billie! Knox is a sweetie. And they are expecting! Lol! I hope you don’t have triplets for your sake. But isn’t that how it always happens. Jacob and Esau are gorgeous YA.
    @lyrie I always enjoy seeing posts of Max and Rainbow. I hope he can stay on the even narrow for the sake of his daughter. It seems as though he is. Their breakfast and the diner was precious!! But Max...never give a child that much sugar-I am glad he caught hold of her in time!
    @grumpyglowfish Ok I was lol’ing so hard at Michael catching fire from the toilet lol! Dude what have you been eating? XD!
    @metior_ice Good luck to Kemp with his retail business! It looks pretty successful though. I was cracking up at your comment about mermaids being horrible retail employees. Yes they do love to swim! I think I have one mermaid sim in my game who is the least mermaidy mermaid ever. She never swims autonomously and will usually get out of the water as fast as she can.

Ok on to what happened in my game! :

I had been playing a fairly full house of students at University. Sometimes it gets a bit old. So whenever a sim weekend came up on the calendar or when they were all safe and snuggled in bed at night, I played a few of my vampirey Windenberg households :)

Joanna and the Wishing Well Twins...and All the Ghosts
    First off, Joanna Fontenot! She’s still adjusting to being a single mom again after she was tragically widowed. She tends to be a very nurturing parent gZcce8u.png
    Living in a haunted house can’t be easy but her magical Wishing Well twins are naturals! For the most part. All the spectres showing up does send them running scared sometimes. Tristran got some comfort from Jo and...Claude Rene Duplantier Guidry…I love his name lol. I imagine he’d insist you use all of them. iGMSxvG.png
    She gave them some fun familiars. 1CpK5Os.png
    It's too bad spellcasting kids can’t do more, but summoning a familiar gives them a really strong confident moodlet that can overpower the scared or tense moods. Anyway they like their new familiars! HnMp2R9.png
    They have also started picking up the medium skill qncCisS.png
    Joanna has been thinking a bit about romance more and more. She asked about her romantic future from the Romance Guru chick at the Romance Festival. She said to expect a tall, dark stranger in her future. Hmm...Simeon got the same message!
    Although...Claude Rene Duplantier Guidry...seems to be keeping her pretty happy for the moment 6CTzT6r.png
    diK6oi0.png

Griffin and Co
    Her much older half-brother Griffin Morecombe lives right next door.
    I’ve played Griffin for a really really long time. I love this guy. I made him when I first got Sims 4 (on console). He was around for 10 generations of a 15 generation save. So he’s pretty old lol in my book. I made a copy of him as best I could when I got the game on my gaming laptop. I was finally able to transfer the OG Griffin over when EA made the Gallery available for Console! Like I said, I’ve played him forever and he’s maxed out on a lot of skills, like his vampire skills and powers, charisma, logic, parenting, etc.
    After watching too many documentaries about castles, I got a bit inspired and built one on the old Villareal estate months ago. I moved Griffin and his family in there to playtest it. It was a cool build! But way too big and clunky. It took them forever to get from point A to point B. I know his girlfriend fell asleep on the floor before she made it to bed from the kitchen many times lol. I moved them all back to his old house. She had to pee here and was miserable. Poor thing AbrhlQD.png

Full House
    His girlfriend Hillary likes it much better here! She’s barely in her 20s and is still learning to cook. Griffin met her at the park in Oasis Springs. Hillary was originally from Strangerville, but her parents died when she was still a young teenager. She was living in a seedy trailer home and was barely scraping by working in retail when she met Griffin. He asked her to move with him to Windenberg. Its been a huge change for her and a tad scary. iAPYbe5.png
    Despite all this, they do well for each other. She’s creative, cheerful, and loves the outdoors. She just seems to be very innocent at heart. For instance I caught her building a sandcastle on the beach one windy afternoon 4Be3vRt.png
    Griffin is her first and only boyfriend, and he tends to be overly protective of her because of that. They may not share the same traits, but they balance each other out. He has the eternal sadness weakness and she seems to be the only one to pull him out of his depressed moods when they happen. 7Ji4n5L.png
    He also turned Bjorn Bjergsen into a vampire. Bjorn still has a ways to go before he’s sunproof. Griffin would hate to lose his vampiric offspring that way and is determined to train Bjorn up. He moved him in with the family. He gives him daily training sessions to build up his power

Correction: It seems that Griffin is PARENTING Bjorn. Even though he’s a grown-plum man with an YA daughter he still has the maturity of a 12 year old boy. He wound up cropdusting the dining and living room with his gas after this. He does this all the time cKW6ex4.png

Offspring
    The other members of the family include a dog, Griffin’s 3 kids, Bjorn, Bjorn’s youngest daughter (Elsa?) and of course Hillary! KgYWGIH.png
    Griffin has 3 children (and has been rolling whims to try for baby with Hillary too). His 2 oldest (both are about the same age, different moms) are Lucas and Lisette. Lucas is slightly older. He was being raised by his uncle Simeon after the boy’s mother died tragically in a drowning accident. Her will specified Simeon as the primary caregiver, but after Simeon’s own wife Rachel died recently, he’s got his hands full with his own 3 children. Griffin thought it would be a great opportunity to get to know Lucas better... so Lucas moved in. gX74RT3.png
    Lucas is a great kid (also a spellcaster-via Uncle Simeon). He’s developed a bit of a crush on Bjorn’s daughter Elsa
    3KDIkpn.png
    He likes to pester his youngest sister Marla. And vice versa. FcQhCd7.png
    Marla’s mom is Griffin’s ex-wife Agnes MacMuruch (she’s a mermaid).. Marla was born as a mermaid too but her true nature won’t be revealed until puberty of course. Marla is adorbs 2ylNdPm.png

And Then There's Lisette....
    Griffin’s oldest daughter, Lisette, is a different story. Lisette was the sweetest toddler and child and was a major daddy’s girl, but has become an extremely moody teenager since then. Griffin had gone to Sulani (when i first got the Island Living pack) and met a randomly generated mermaid named Irene there. They had a hot and heavy romance and got married in the heat of the moment. Lisette was the result. Irene died in a severe lightning storm when Lisette was a young girl. Not gonna lie, I don’t miss Irene. Griffin adored her to the bone, but that woman was cold. She hated children, was mean and a snob. What a combo! She was downright cruel to Lisette. But they grieved for her anyway.
    Lisette is going through a distant phase and hates all her family members at the moment, and it looks like she’s going to stay that way. Ironically she gets along great with Hillary. Oh yeah, she’s also a mermaid. She’s also the least mermaidy mermaid I have ever seen. She never swims autonomously, and will get back out of the water as quickly as she can. I think its because she’s a geek, and Watcher forbid if she can’t play a videogame on her phone every 5 minutes, you can’t do that in the water...pGe5aSc.png
    She has a major crush on a young merman living out on Windenberg Island, Skyler MacMuruch. Skyler is the sole heir to a large estate owned by the ancient MacMuruch mermaid clan.4UVTnhu.png
    Skyler has other thoughts about her advances and is slightly creeped out about it. He turns down most of her romantic gestures. One they are best friends, and I don’t think he wants to ruin their friendship. Secondly, because they are formerly step-siblings (ew). His mom is Agnes MacMuruch... r4BYmk0.png
    I was cracking up because one of my Discworld witches was walking by and decided to plant herself in on this conversation. This is Nanny Ogg (Gytha Ogg). She’s based on a character by that name in Terry Pratchett’s Discworld series. Nanny Ogg is a witch and midwife who is downright raunchy, fun-loving, and loves to eat good food and alcohol in the book series. She’s one of my favorite characters. Nanny Ogg would suss out all the young lovers in the neighborhood and give them “great advice” (aka birth control tips) but would also create useful potions, poultices,etc. I was cracking up because it looks like she was doing just that here. Rs3sy0L.png
    Skyler was still having none of it though. V5TKZqB.png
    Lisette was so embarrassed GzcOcne.png
    At least she still has her teen geek club she leads on weekends YdBvnMr.png

Night Life
    Hillary is a precious little thing. But don’t let her cute exterior fool you, this gal is known for her epic DJ skills. She picked up the skill to help support herself in her teens after her parents died. She’s actually really good and makes a ton in tips! ozRQlDa.png
    Griffin always accompanies her to the seedier night clubs in Windenberg. The clubs can get a bit rough and wild late at night. 2zNdJbL.png
    Griffin drags along Bjorn for backup if needed. His little sister Joanna comes if she can find a babysitter. But mostly they just dance. 0b4Wq6W.png

Vampire Clans
    Griffin is the top vampire in Windenberg. He dislikes the idea of others entering his town, barring his immediate family and any vampire offspring, and defends his turf. He’s got a good rapport with his neighbors and the townsfolk and has worked hard to keep it that way
    Unfortunately, rumor started spreading around town of some renegades...
    Lacy de Magpyre had been kicked out of her clan in Forgotten Hollow for breaking clan rules. Lacy is evil. And totally bananas. She found a particulary ghoulish young vampire named Jasper Overstreet hiding out at a cemetery one evening. He’s still a minor vampire and fairly weak. She plans on training him up to be her right hand man. NDWZOXe.png
    She also turned a young human named Malia Intent into a vampire WqkvU9I.png
    Anywho they nested themselves in an old house in downtown Windenberg, After a few days, Malia was about to make the transition and would need to feed. They set their sights on the home of Gunther Munch and his wife Maaike. Sure enough. Malia made her first transition. 0zTiIRV.png
    I was laughing because Gunther’s son was totally oblivious and started blabbing to the nice vampire lady NEMEMNu.png
    Lacy used her powers to unlock the doors and they made their attack
    And decided to Munch on Gunther. TGWoY9Q.png
    Sorry I couldn’t resist that pun.

Clash of Clans
    Lacy’s Clan laid low for the time being, but they made their nightly attacks on the natives of Windenberg. One night their luck ran out when they accidentally came across Griffin and his clan one evening at Narwhal Arm’s. The place was lively. Griffin had already gotten into a fight with a tempermental local that made moves on Hillary (I have the mean lot trait here lot to make things more interesting).
    Other than that things were going well. Joanna was able to tag along. lio1hcv.png
    Bjorn was enjoying himself 6rrAtlZ.png
    And the place was jumping G5tWG0i.png
    Until...
    Griffin was getting a glass of water in the bathroom (and spinning into a trendier t-shirt) when Hillary spotted Malia feeding on Thorne Bailey! y9aPgGi.png
    fhypVto.png
    Malia made her escape when she spotted Griffin coming out. Hillary told him what was up GCq3VAF.png?1
    Needless to say he wasn’t happy 4JmFvI5.png
    There was a ruckus going on outside. Mp8IBSR.png
    pE3HoI3.png
    Griffin confronted them directly 6epQ4Ij.png
    tVytloH.png
    And got into a major fight with both Lacy and Jasper. He beat them both soundly duels MilfgEI.png
    gXQsP2W.png
    And even found time to try to set up his kid sister with Simeon Silversweater. He passed along her number. Normally, I’d be rolling my eyes but Simeon is squee. Hopefully something will happen! tHbdUle.png

Till next time!

edited March 2021
    @sarabeth2984 Awesome update. How do wishing well twins work? I haven't done anything with that.

Yeah, the merfolk in my game are drawn to water like moths to the flame, but I love the idea of a mermaid or merman that tries to avoid the water.

The retail store gets most of its success from the Zalrians (Calum's Household). I purchased most things for the Zalrian home from the retail store and sped up getting a bunch of perks.

The Island Elemental Twins Index:

https://theislandelementaltwins.blogspot.com/2020/12/index-httpsforums.html

The Mua Pel'Am Pod Elder: Kemps

So, to sell ALL Island Living items in the store, I needed Kemps to level up in the Island Living part time careers. Fishing was the first I wanted to get out of the way, and Kemps's ability to swim quickly in the water was helpful when it came to going to the fishing spots from the remote merfolk village (Formerly Reef Finery). The distance he swam would easily result in drowning for most sims that tried it.

51039772076_b1f1aab048_b.jpg
    Fishermen also get this outfit for work. I might add it to the stock in the store.

51039772066_004b0e30d6_b.jpg

Dylan called Kemps over to hang out. When he arrived, Jade was standing in the sun again... Kemps called a rain storm so the sun wouldn't burn his niece.

51039866962_c7f0ccf642_h.jpg

In Arihi's Study, Kemps told Dylan an outrageous story.

Kemps: "And that's when the new shipment of merchandise exploded. I had to replace to burnt items!"

Dylan: "No way!? That actually happened?"

Kemps: "I suspect that's how the new merchandise ended up charred, but I didn't see it happen."

51039772041_743b35d0b9_b.jpg
    Another angle of Arihi's Study.

51039771861_fd60b9e863_b.jpg

Calum's Outdoor Art Studio

51039867087_3fe4f0b188_h.jpg

The Elemental Shrine where the Elements are in Balance and the Original Copies of the Elemental Tomes are stored. Only sims that can teleport can access them.

51039771916_3401d6c21c_b.jpg

As is typical, Zeph is hanging out by the bar mixing new juice to drink.

51039867202_0a60f6620b_b.jpg

Ember was relaxing in the rain. I guess she didn't mind getting soaked...

51039867187_9583bd54f3_b.jpg

Juniper is going threw the loud phase, so he was blasting the stereo next to Ember's bed, and I guess it was easier to try and nap in the rain instead of her bed.

51039867062_e01267ee4f_b.jpg
    The Kitchen

51039044648_496e99d621_h.jpg

Dylan's Mixtape Studio

51039771956_26d6ec425c_b.jpg

Arihi in Zeph's Outdoor Lab

51039867107_79e0a0bc6c_b.jpg

The Zalrian house from above. It still meets all the requirements for completing the Mansion Baron Aspiration despite needing more work.

51039771931_d001c77a72_b.jpg
    Post edited by Metior_Ice on
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Over the past few days I've been having a hard time getting my sims to try for another baby(second child) so I moved them into a bigger house because I wanted to have them live where they'll see snow instead of desert year-round(without taking a vacation). Love Day comes around, and on a total whim of my own I had them woohoo*. I check MCC and bam! Katie and Ryan are expecting a second son! They already have a son named Jeremy who is less than a week away from becoming a teenager and his parents were** 19 days away from becoming elders.
    *I have a mod that overrides the Try For Baby interaction
    **I added 10 extra days to the adult life-stage so they're 29 days away from becoming elders now.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    @sarabeth2984 It's a non-default from Lauren Cheerio on Mod The Sims
    https://modthesims.info/d/545073/rainbow-eyes-non-default.html

I'm not sure if I want for Anatu to keep her eyes as rainbow eyes or if I should have the family trait of starry eyes that manifest once Sam's kids become teens. I did 2 saves until I decide what I want to do. I brought in, Dr Strange and his with Clea his wife, John Constantine and Zatana, Tim Hunter from Vertigo Comics Books of Magic who came out BEFORE Harry Potter and Molly his wife in my game. I did some building. Both Morgyn and Simeon are pregnant again, They are both so faithful to each other and seem happy around each other when I check on the household. As Sage pairings go they are my favourite.

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    @Daephene

I'm happy too, especially that Annemarie had a dice roll from 20 out of 20, that was my fear that all the waiting time for Hans was for nothing because of a bad roll. Well he had have some affairs, but this is a secret ;). During the last sim year I didn't really know what to do with him so the trip to Selvadora was an nice exemption. I know that many documentation stopped at the end of the war and there are many clichés, some are true, some are false, it depends on whom you asked. Once I've read somewhere, it was the last real victory for the superpowers, after this there were only losses or no clear victories for them, that why they are all so focused on the ww2. The processing of the past can be painful, but I think it's necessary to avoid to make the same mistakes again.

After my try to rebuild a gdr-apartment failed utterly in due of the lack of furnitures, I have decided to go with the western part of germany, which is very connected to the usa, greatbritian and france, and later with the eu/nato.

1946 - 1947

Rebuilding a new Germany.
    The first years under allied control council were hard in many ways and they faced many challenges: endless hunger everywhere in europe, bitter cold winter, lost of family members, millions of displaced people, millions of germans who were forced to leave their century old homeland, no living space available, production disassembly as war reparation and the looming cold war conflict between the west and the east. Dispute about the future economy.

At the end of 1945 the administrations were handover again to the germans who have now to deal with these problems. 1946 was the year of the Nuremberg trials where the main member of the old regime had to answer for their crimes, for whom a new category of crime was created, crime against humanity.

Because of the hunger many demonstrated, trees in the parks were cut down to make space for farming and produce charcoal, but it was not enough food for everyone. At june 1946 the firsts CARE-packages arrived in the american controlled zone, later the year in the british and french controlled zone too, which helped the people and eased the tensions between the germans and the occupiers a little bit. Their reputation among Germans rose further until then the victors were only nice to the children. At 1947 the german administration were told to start a new goverment to gain the independence again, which they had declined at first, very much to the surprise of the control council. The reason was the situation with the eastern territories and the future of economy control.

Well, Hans had a problem. Annemarie was pregnant.

sORi2aL.png
    It was the time were a father could have been face legal trouble and 5 years prison, when he would allowed the boyfriend to sleep over night at them.

hRcyQ9x.png

Problem solved somehow :). Hans and Annemary were engaged.

SN16zue.png

A marriage is an administrative act, which takes a few months.

C5P6rxn.png

But the big day arrived.

cB6ijUS.png
    XTdxVD0.png

Just in time, because Annemarie went into labors.
    naTdwpN.png

Waiting ...

nFHBzgJ.png

Welcome Holger, born in 1946.

FX4Tkoq.png

Hans was very proud, things could not be going better.

LOwJvOI.png

If there was not the cramped house situation. The second son of Hedwig, Christian, was old enough to marry his girlfriend too. Meanwhile Hedwig was mourning this over the death of her oldest son during the last days of the war, and she became pregant too.
    u2AH84I.png
    dM528JX.png
    fI7FZtW.png

It was an ugly situation for everyone Annemarie and Hans weren't welcomed anymore (except by aunt Hedwig). Christian blamed Hans for everything, in particular for not fighting for germany and be look like a slacker.

TxTxpMb.png

As city builder, Hans was busy with with the new settlement and he was able to received a smal credit to buy on of these new homes. In 1947 and his little family moved out in to the new build neighborhood.
    sw0kOJs.png

(yes, I have replaced the geneneric us-american surburban with the generic german surburban.)

LCjKn6J.png

Food hunting is still the job for Annemarie, who enjoyed the beauty of flowers for a moment.

nufbwOR.png
    Being self-sufficient was the order of the day, but thievery and black market trading was common too.

sio9zL1.png
    xpidT08.png
    sXgFpsF.png

For women they were send back into to the middle ages again when they had to use the washing tub.

llfJOSz.png

The welcome wagon has arrived.

MzkDi4p.png

Next to all her duties, she still had to raise her son.

f1b2Ipp.png

She was exhausted many times, but as a proud woman she didn't complained, she wouldn't be heard anyways.
    In 1947 she became pregnant again.
    iREbIWk.png
    BMVX14c.png
    In 1947 they were visited by Wilhelm and Luisa who met Annemarie and her grandchild for the first time.
    uOgCCpp.png
    uXdBBro.png
    BsmQN23.png
    YpMfv9m.png?1
    J1MrJFW.png
    NUqV1ld.png

Bonus pictures. While I'm technically at the beginning of 1948, both already have the 1950 style, the picture looks like an advertisement for something, I love these.
    vzcrXno.png
    mLRqX2Z.png
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    edited March 2021
    Continuing in the "Pleasantview 25 Years Later" save:

Don Lothario, who effectively gave up on his medical career after he married into the rich Goth family, has been declining for years following the divorce. Living in a small home with a declining practice, and too old to chase the girls any more, he hasn't cut a pretty picture. Recently, though, he's been noticed working out at the gym, and actually caring about his work. When he announced he was getting married, it almost made sense -- but who could he have found? Nina Caliente was the only woman who had given him ANY time in recent years, and lately she's moved on. The neighborhood was doubly shocked when the bride processed down the aisle: not only was it Tabitha Broke, but she'd somehow transformed herself into a stunning beauty.

The Brokes have lived up to their names for years: Dustin never pursued his music, languishing instead as a two-bit thief who is only barely employed. Fat and unkempt, he spends his days dozing on the couch or playing video games on his son's computer. The family was nearly ruined when the restaurant failed, and has had to sell off many of their household goods to pay the bills: Angela makes ends meet by writing cookbooks. Tabitha's college hopes meant she had to join the military to save up money. A girl who hid her body in baggy clothes and kept her appearance as plain as possible to avoid being noticed, no one expected her to marry any time soon -- and yet, there she was. With some care given to her hair, the right dress, and a touch of makeup, Plain Jane was a knockout everyone turned their heads at. Given the huge disparity in their ages, there's a LOT of gossip going on, but the increasingly confident Tabitha is dismissive of claims that she's a gold-digger. "I have a government job now, thank you, and what little Don has will probably go to his son. Don and I met at the pool when I was skinny-dipping after some late night physical training, and that's all there is to it."

Don & his new wife are currently living with Primo, his son by Cassanda, and Primo's wife Helen -- Lilith and Dirk's daughter.
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    edited March 2021
    I'm back after a bit of a break I still have some comments to catch up on, but I was glad to read some of everyone's posts. <3

@BlueSeaWaves (p832) I enjoyed reading about Anna and Archie's trip to Mt. Komorebi for Anna's work assignment, but wow was that a high stakes card game. I'm happy that Archie won, but I also wish she would confess to her cheating and get it over with. (p833) I always feel so bad for Arthur, but on a random note, I love how much he looks like his parents blended together. But the cliff hanger from when he was going to meet Sylvia! (p842) Sylvia looks so professional and powerful in her office on the phone - I'm so glad she's making good things happen for her grandchild, but another cliff hanger. :(

@AlwaysAsking
    (p833) I hope you're doing well. I love all the posed pictures, especially the wedding-esque ones of Don and Thorne, and the two of Ian and Lawrence in the tree.

(p834) Oh but the family pictures of your simself with Thorne and Zephan as a toddler are too adorable. Any of them would look nice as a forum signature.

Joey having 21 toddler children sounds like a nightmare, but I'm sure they're all sweet and cute. I love the poses that you used for J and Joey. J should do the ballroom dancing. I just feel bad that Joey's almost blackmailing him into it.
    I am sooooooo excited by this update. Deli met someone!! Yay! Zach seems really great! Where did he come from?
    Thank you! I'm not sure where Deli's new friend came from. He's a townie native to Sulani, but he spent some time living with Vlad and because of Zach's last name he's probably somehow a descent of Asher's first love.

Most of the pre-mades in my game passed away ages ago, so I only have a bunch of townies. I enjoy having a world of unique sims, but at the same time, I recognize that it would be nice to have more that were familiar to others.
    but as a baby Elmire had seemed scarily object-like and hadn't shown much personality, so he had had some brief doubts about her potential.
    and wow she is so adorable with the artbreeder look! Love her!

Elmire is one of my favorites <3, so I'm trying to move on from my fourth generation so that I can post more about her (even though it won't happen any time soon).

@Metior_Ice (p833) I enjoying seeing how Ember, Jade, and Juniper are growing up, and I was impressed that Calum had the forethought to write a Book of Life to protect Ember as she trains her magic. Everyone is really adapting to their proper roles now. It's interesting and fun.

@Becka28 (p833) Beowoof is adorable as a puppy. I'm glad to see Morgyn is leaving the happy couple of Quin and Rohan alone. Their wedding was beautiful. I love how they both wore white. Even though their legs went through the table, the setup was so nice, and you managed some great shots. Quin and Rohan are my favorite couple, but I'm also glad you took the time to share Mekhi and Cloud's story, even though the restaurant they picked for their date seems like quite the dangerous (fertile) location.

@DeafSimmer (p836) I like Zelda's personality and her spirit, but she makes me worry. Her skill level doesn't seem to match her confidence. But I'm glad she was able to help bring Braeden back. Ragnar's villainy is slightly entertaining, but I wish he would just stop and behave, so that others can enjoy their vacations.

@Lyrie I'm glad to see you back. I appreciated you posting recap highlights for the Stones and the Adlers. I missed reading about Rainbow and Hazel. (p841) I hope Declan gets it together, but this really looks like regression. The juxtaposition between Rainbow and Hazel is a bit sad.

Fier Legacy :)<3
    Intro & Past Posts in Spoiler
    INTRO
    CFRyVIZ.jpg
    The Fiers are a vampire family led by an arrogant and socially awkward megalomaniac named Asher who, among other things, hopes to have 100 children. As of now, he's had 17. The youngest five (minus #17) recently became young adults and are discovering the perks of university, so Asher's ready to move on from the life he's built with them in Sulani. Even though everyone is into pursuing an eco lifestyle and protecting the environment and even though Asher employed some draconian conservation policies while working as a top-level conservationist, he's done with that kind of tiny living stuff and had a (gaudy flamboyant) palace built in San Myshuno, where he recently relocated his family and where he intends to raise the next generation of his children.

Fier Legacy Introduction

PAST POSTS
    1. Teenage Lifeguard (Delmarya)
    2. Living Her Best Life (Adelise)
    3. Night on the Town
    4. Day of Fier P1
    5. Day of Fier P2
    6. Happy Birthday P1 (Dawn)
    7. Happy Birthday P2 (Dawn)
    8. A First Kiss (Dawn)
    9. Conservationism and a Death Flower for Deli
    10. Vampire Population Control (Asher)
    11. Happy Birthday (Delmarya)
    12. Merry Winterfest
    13. Ambitious Dysis
    14. Gen 4 Enrolls in University
    15. Relaxation? Before University
    16. New Year's Eve
    17. Sulani Bonfire
    18. Midnight Encounter (Delmarya)
    19. Deli Strikes Out (Delmarya)
    20. One Americano and Two Slices of Bread (Delmarya)
    21. Lovestruck Procrastination Queen (Dysis)
    22. Balancing Love and Academics (Dysis)
    23. Saying Goodbye P1
    24. Saying Goodbye P2
    25. Forcing Fun at Foxbury (Dysis)
    26. First Impression = Great, Second Impression = Trash (Delmarya)
    27. Asher's Incompetence (Asher)
    28. A Productive Day
    29. A Day for Love P1 (Dysis)
    30. A Day for Love P2 (Delmarya)
    31. Asher's Advice and Planning a Date
    32. Only the Ice Cream Was Pure Perfection? (Delmarya)
    33. Debating Firsts (Darius)
    34. Limited Romance at the Romance Festival (Delmarya)
    35. Happy Lunar New Year P1 (Delmarya)
    36. Happy Lunar New Year P2 (Asher)
    37. Aster's Past (Delmarya)
    38. Reservations About Everything (Delmarya)
    39. Moving On (from Sulani to San Myshuno)
    40. First Days in San Myshuno
    41. The Spice Festival is too Hot
    42. New Life on the Way
    43. First Fourth Generation Fier Graduates
    44. Enjoying Change & Anticipating More
    45. Joie de Vivre (Delmarya)
    46. Things Are Still Great?
    47. Dysis' Graduation
    48. So Pleased to Meet You
    49. A Park Outing and a Secret Date
    50. A Tale of Two Toddlers

Dysis' job was exhausting.
    OmX02KW.jpg

Life was good, but—again—it was see-stars and fall-down-and-pass-out exhausting, which wasn't good.
    O0n5Ekm.jpg
    nxyuJM4.jpg

As ambitious as Dysis was, she didn't want to turn down any opportunities, and she wanted to maintain her relationships with her family and her relationships with her friends and keep her hobbies and get quickly promoted to the top of her career... It was a lot, but once things settled, she figured she'd be fine.
    But recognizing she'd hit a (temporary) limit, she went upstairs to take an early evening nap.
    zEXNCAp.jpg

Nap completed—it was time to go out for a brief bit of socializing.
    IESKQJu.jpg

Dysis met her boyfriend at a small lowkey club in town. It was always nice to spend time with him.

As she was heading to the dance floor, Rashad brought up his new favorite topic: moving. What did she think about eventually moving out of her family home and...?
    GfvQEWx.jpg

She thought it sounded great, but she wasn't prepared to move just yet. She wanted to settle into her career first. Things were already intense enough. Adding moving, marriage?, and starting a family? on top seemed like too much at the moment.

The next day with career progression and becoming more logical in mind, Dysis sat down for a game of chess with her slightly older sister, Delmarya, intending to overpower Delmarya with her big brain.
    kROBKnw.jpg

It didn't work. It never worked.
    m53l2nj.jpg

So she invited her favorite chess partner over.
    XZmiBXE.jpg

And defeated him. B)
    TgpdKoX.jpg

The couple also played cards with Deli. Dysis couldn't say who won because she was too enamored with Rashad and he was likewise too enamored with her, so they probably both lost...
    8rAEWgz.jpg

Rashad was also generally aware of how busy Dysis had been, so he suggested that she relax and that they relax together in the Fiers' sauna, which they did, and they also had some not exactly relaxing fun too.
    shaFbcb.jpg
    nWtOkXp.jpg
    <3 ~ <3~~
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @Lyrie Hi Lyrie! Thank you! Yeah, Trevor and Morgana are too busy playing the game to admit their feelings so they’re going to ‘challenge’ each other for a while. We’ll just leave them be for now. :wink:
    Aww, you know I have a soft spot for Rainbow, so nice to see Max again. Rainbow sure gave him a hard scare there but he handled it very well. They’re so sweet together. Rainbow and Hazel hugging together is my favourite picture. They’re both so adorable! I love how the girls have their moment of bonding and so did Max and Declan. And I must point out those family pictures on her bedroom wall. Just gorgeous!
    @Becka28 Thank you! I like fiddling with screenshot colors to fit the mood of the story.
    I love parenthood pack too. It enriches family play very much and I honestly can’t go back to the way things were before. Cloud and Mekhi’s wedding is beautiful. Even if it ended with Mekhi being abducted. Look at his smile though haha! :joy: Your final screenshot is beautiful! Love the sunray effects on Slate.
    @sarabeth2984 Thank you! The Colosseum build has absolutely no cc! Unlike my sims :lol: I’m glad you like their story. They aren’t a couple yet because they’re both playing the game and trying to get the other to confess first. Their tug of war will last for awhile.
    Joanna is very pretty! I also love her clothing style. That’s good to know that the confident moodlet combats scared moodlets. I don’t play with kids a lot, so your update is very informative for me. Especially with them conducting their own séance! AAH Joanna do stop them! Thankfully this is sims. Oh dear.. That ethereal experience in the end… :wink: Lol Hillary posing by her tortoise sandcastle is so cute. And both vamp clans sure had a full night! Griffin is a beast to be able to take on two vamps and defeat them both!

I didn’t play much today. But I did take a screenshot of Curtis being all smiley. :blush:

Curtis-Closeup-Tat.jpg

edited March 8
    Hello everyone! This is part 3 of Hazel and Rainbow meeting!

But first some comments and replies back!

@sarabeth2984 Heeeeellooo~ I am happy to see you post, I wanted to comment on how following your game, I love your gameplay and it was so hard to watch Simeon go! But Joanna is one of my favorite sims from you and she is doing wonderful~ I love the update and Claude Rene Duplantier Guidry is the best name for sure! Yay~ Griffin has stolen my heart as well~ Hehe, I enjoy Bjorn being the immature son too xD, You got it right, her name is Elsa, my kids wind up her friend a lot in my game! :) I love all of Griffins kidlets and adopt ins~ Lisette and Lucas are stamples to me, I love watching their lives progress! Oh Wow! I love the clan drama! Ha and love the pun about munching on munch! :D

Thanks for your comment! Declan staying on the straight and narrow, boy how I tried but well, stay tuned friendo lol and Max yes too much sugar buddy!

@Metior_Ice I wanted to say I love the updates you did Zalrians home! Also loving Kemps too his outrageous story was hilarious! xD Zeph and Dylan are always my favorite, but Ember and the earth twins are finding keen places in my heart as well~

@Daravi Hey just wanted to drop a comment to say I am still keeping up with your Decades challenge, it always inspires me to try my own, I might start making a set up save for that challenge~ Aw poor Annemarie and Hans but I like their struggle and progress! I am glad some family stuck by them! I love the 50 style pictures too, it does look like they are modeling the new decade wear! They all look very nice in it~

@haneul Glad to see you back as well!~ Oh yeah no problem, I thought everyone could use a refresher! Yeah you called it on Declan, it is like a consistent back and forth with him, as you will see, by in the future in my game, well frankly I've kind of given up on the man.

Ooooh it nice to see a look into Dysis life!~ and uh-oh Rashad you sly man did you coax that "relaxing" on in the sauna? xD Either way, I am happy Dysis got to relax and hopefully feels refreshed to tackle her busy, busy life! And wondering if a new life was added?

@mercuryfoam Hi Mercury! I got to say, I love a good game of cat and mouse so I am excited to see things progress~ Max and Rainbow are admitablely my all time favorite dad and daughter sims~ Yes! Things are going very well between the friends and dads, stayed tuned for that development or dis-development of that! Thank you for the wall, Rainbow has one too <3 I'll have to show you sometime~

Ooooo~ You know I love Curtis! look at that smile1 <3

Requested tags: @RedDestiny92 @Silverofdreams30 (If anyone else would like one feel free to ask!)

Table Of Parts
    Part 1 H&R Meeting
    Part 2 H&R Meeting

The night went on with the dads and daughters bonding and chatting, sharing and laughing.

Everything seemed just fine, they ordered pizza for dinner.
    50596304017_c672fd1aaa_h.jpg

After dinner, Rainbow -with permission- hunted through Hazel's vast collection of books, they both agreed on the First Unicorn.

They both skipped downstairs asking both dad's to read to them, they had both bragged a bit to each other about how good the other dad was great at reading over the years, now they wanted a display!

Max was up first and both girls expression say it all.

Rainbow wears a knowing enjoyment taking happiness in the familiarity.

Hazel is impressed and loving the story to bits, the way Mr. Stone amplifies his words or brings his tones down to nothing but a whisper, only to spring back up again!
    50596179376_e2f3c13f79_h.jpg
    50596299562_b078d46884_h.jpg

Declan had excused himself from the story reading after a few paragraphs, he went outside into the quite cold evening staring out into the distance.
    50596299567_16f692e7f7_h.jpg

More Under This Cut
    He listened to the squeals and laughter of both girls inside, flowing out from the house and the sound of Max blowing them away in there.
    50595436363_0235187543_h.jpg

He pursed his lips a little then stretched them into a thin line. Declan was feeling insecure and that came from... jealousy.

Max Stone was an overall, good man, no other way to say it, sure he had some flaws -mostlikely Dec had not seen any- but he was so genuine, so sincere in anything and everything he said even if it was those 'get to know you' questions.

And the thing that burned Declan up? Max Stone was not putting on a show, that was just him.

It. Was. Not. Fair.
    50596299492_82edd587bf_h.jpg

The girls spend a time happily discussing the story and what their favorite parts was and even alternative endings.
    50596299272_e219f5bb58_h.jpg

The way they look at each other especially Hazel towards Rainbow, only one word fits, adoring.
    50596179086_9fcfc99662_h.jpg

They could not find Declan which gave Hazel a bit of an anxiety attack, but then Max convinced her, her daddy would be fine, it was getting late how about putting on some nice comfy and comforting PJ's.

Hazel came into Vanessa's room aka Max and Rainbow's room to stay and snuggled up to Rainbow.

Max found this so adorable of course he had to get a picture!
    50595436198_117c2cb857_h.jpg

Declan finally came back inside to an empty living room and giggles and laughter upstairs.

Declan's Thoughts: Guess I missed out, but it fine, they have mister perfect there.

So bitter, he went to do some laundry calling to all of them he was alright and not to worry.
    50596178916_c6361c3d09_h.jpg

Max after some pics coaxed and instructed both girls to say goodnight, they had plenty of time to see each other tomorrow they had a lot of fun planned!

Giving a each other a big hug they bid each other a goodnight.
    50596178776_415d1c8f0f_h.jpg

Max then went to tuck in his happy yet tired daughter.

He put her to bed.
    50596178786_fea53053f7_h.jpg

While Hazel had to go seek out her own daddy to put her top bed by asking him too.

It was usually Vanessa who did it most of the time, daddy was usually out or in his own head -like now- Vanessa is Declan's step sibling who basically raises Hazel now.
    50596299067_c02aae6a9f_h.jpg

"Good night baby, sleep well."

"Nigh, daddy, needta sleep so it can be morning."

"Of course."

Max smiled warmly but also thought.

Max's Thoughts: Guess I get the inside of the bed lol fun! Oh well!
    50595435963_e46ad595c8_h.jpg

"Goodnight Hazel sleep well sweetie."

"Goodnight daddy... is Rainbow and her daddy all comfy? Do they need more blankets or pillows?"

Declan smiled softly,

His Thoughts: She really is growing up so courteous... where did the time go?

"I am sure they are fine sweetie but I will check again okay?"

"Kay......"

She trailed off with a smile already drifting.
    50596178596_c1b14d5ff0_h.jpg

Max assured Dec that they were perfectly accommodated, they talked a bit more about the plans for tomorrow.

Then Max went to go check once more on Rainbow like he always does once she drifts off completely into deep sleep and of course gives her another kiss.
    50596178571_c7e91361bc_h.jpg

"Uh oh hey...."

Declan let out a yawn looking taken aback.

"Good morning Dec, sorry you don't mind do you?"

"I wanted to pay back the favor of your hospitality by making everyone breakfast."
    50596298772_ee8d2d67d8_h.jpg

"No I don't mind at all."

He let out a forced but well enough laugh,

"I bet Vanessa outed me anyways, I am a terrible cook, you go for it."

"Okay you caught me, she did, but hey, I am not the best cook either, I actually took last minute pointers from my twin, Mckenna, but if this turns out wrong, I'll treat us all to breakfast out."

Declan smiled a little more naturally,

"So a win-win, cool."

That made Max laugh heartily.
    50596298782_f6a94e4aa6_h.jpg

Hazel comes quietly into the kitchen sniffing the smell of pancakes.

She smiles between the two men,

"Good morning."

"Good morning sweetie."

"Good morning Hazel."
    50596178456_a68cce5b17_h.jpg

"Okay they are done, how does that look?"

Max smiled at the two, pretty pleased at his success.

They look so good Mr St-Gah!"

Hazel supported the new weight on her back hearing the happy cheer from Rainbow,

"Gooooooood Morning everyooooone!"

"Heh, surprise Hazelnut!"

"Heh, good morning Rainbow."

Hazel giggled some more happy to have to have one of her best friends here with her.
    50596178381_91803418fc_h.jpg

Rainbow hopped off of Hazel running over to Max, she heard Declan greet her back as well,

"Daddy!~"

"Morning Baby."

Max hugged his little girl and then placed a kiss on her cheek.

"Ready for pancakes?"

"Yay and Yes!"
    50596298592_bfb76a7076_h.jpg
    50596298557_87a1029a12_h.jpg

Hazel was setting the table but had to pause and stared at the... the well love, it was almost touchable, they did this each morning she could tell, the actions were not for any show.

They were just there and pure with love.

Hazel was simply taken aback by it, fell in love with the relationship, thought it was precious.
    50596178171_b0e4de1dec_h.jpg

The also started to wonder, to yearn for the same.
    50596178101_a500664559_h.jpg

The four enjoyed a nice breakfast of pancakes and chatting.
    50596178146_fe5ce46cdf_h.jpg

"Hey um Rainbow? After we get dressed, wanna feed Hammy?"

Rainbow bounced on her stocked feet,

"I can? Really?"

"Yeah, you can, I trust you and Hammy really loves you!"

"Yaaaay! Thanks Hazelnut! I'll do a super good job1"
    50596178126_2febe5db63_h.jpg

She did, pouring the pellets carefully and loving each minute of it.
    50595435028_08f69ca527_h.jpg

The first stop was the park!

"Um say Rainbow? Do you wanna swing with me? We both love the swings."

Even if a little hesitate, Hazel was still far more comfortable enough to ask and request things with Rainbow.
    50596298127_bbd6f7f8d9_h.jpg

"heh! How did you read my mind!"

"Yeah lets go! Woot!~"
    50596177921_1e821bc96f_h.jpg

Rainbow gently took Hazel's hand pointing eagerly to the empty set of swings in the park.

They both merrily ran over to claim them, laughter peeling out of them from the sheer fact of enjoyment in each other and being able to swing together~
    50596177926_59623a58d0_h.jpg

Max and Declan had a seat on a bench to watch.

the red head closed his eyes to just take in the sweet sound of the girls laughing away, it was worth it this trip, he was sure of it before but now? The way the two long distance friends were so naturally with each other from moment one.

Declan side eyed the man sitting next to him.

Declan's Thoughts: Geez this guy is really something else, just look at him... but maybe I should stop feeling jealous and talk with him?
    50596177521_7242c5d7e2_h.jpg

There Talk and Swing Cuteness!
    "I'll push you first okay? Hop on!"

"Are you sure? Okay, heh."
    50596297887_27ba6f196b_h.jpg

"They are cute, you're daughter is so....accommodating, and empathic with Hazel."

Dec cracked a grin,

"But what is with the get up? Did you expect chilling air and 5 feet of snow?"
    50596296582_901c31de2f_h.jpg

"Okay, okay so I over dressed her, heh, I heard Willow Creek can be cold... you know how it is, overprotection = overthinking."
    50596176181_96459a92e9_h.jpg

"Okay here I go, do you wanna go fast or slow?"

"Or medium but I am not to great at that swing pushing yet heh."
    50595434648_f32890b2b2_h.jpg

Hazel giggle and held on securely,

"Maybe we can start slow and then I will say higher."

"Okie dokie~"
    50596297692_40b1656d46_h.jpg

"Weeeeeee! Higher heh!"

"You got it Hazelnut!"
    50596177196_4e0886b352_h.jpg

"Thanks for the compliment about Rainbow, it means a lot, it is nice type of validation that I can help instill empathy too her, even if she seemed a natural already."

"Hazel is so sweet and amazingly thoughtful, great manners too, she sets the table without promoting."
    50596176906_316b554cdd_h.jpg

Rainbow's Thoughts: I always believe daddy or Lilith had fun pushing me but was exaggerating a bit, but n-o-p-e! This is great! I love to make Hazel have so much fun almost as much as swinging myself!
    50596297532_8e0dd73cc0_h.jpg

"Thanks she really is."

Declan's Thoughts: But I did not teach her that stuff, Vanessa did...

It left a foul taste in Declan's heart and growing negative feelings in his heart.

He fought against it and the urge and asked instead,

"How do you do it? You must have some secret, listen it easy to say we both had a rough childhood but...."

Declan's Thoughts: Where did you go right and I go wrong?
    50596176736_b6f505c08c_h.jpg

A light nod of confirmation.

"Well to tell you the truth, experience... I made a lot of mistakes and had a lot of set backs."

"But there is one thing I learned, that you as a dad, can't let yourself get in the way of your child"
    50596296342_c4b9adb2d8_h.jpg

Max looked out at the girls,

"What I mean is, there is a lot of negativity because of our rough childhoods right?"

"I for one can say, I had and still have a lot of doubts, worries fears... but if I let them consume me or put those worries into a rushed practice, like the overloading incident, it only hurts everyone involved, but most of all, that precious piece of your soul playing right over there."
    50596297497_b38e56932d_h.jpg

"It all starts with that self love Declan, for truth, if you can't do that, then everything will crumble no matter how much I love Rainbow."

"If I don't learn it is okay to make mistakes, talk it out, don't hide it from her, keep trying, but not just trying, try something different."

"Move yourself a step better each day or at least an inch, keep going because the more you try the easier it is to forgive yourself for those slip up mistakes."
    50596297247_f208c30db7_h.jpg

"Trusting in yourself, having faith in yourself is the best method, because then they will too and even when you mess up they won't lose it because they see you trying."

Max lightly nods his head,

"Kids can sense a lot about us, it is a bit frightening and the worse part can be of this, they feed off of whatever energy one is putting out."

"They get used to it and even will make it their own, yeah it can be a big, huge positive but also a crushing negative."
    50596297177_f48798f5e0_h.jpg

"So... what if its been a crushing negative?"

Declan asked this quietly,

"It over and too late right, the damage done to the kid and the parent right?"
    50595433753_39c422fa42_h.jpg

"Well one thing about that is right, the damage, but no hope is lost, unless you let it, then there are good support people to pull that parent out."

"Damage does not have to be a permanent fixture, both child and parent can heal and that may also bring them closer together."

"The only damage is when things stay the same, in the long run and nothing is permanent but changes consistently or not really at all stagnant."

Max had already been getting a bit of an inkling, so he was trying to help and hoped he did not sound preachy.

After sharing background stories there was this light connect that could hinge on one heck of friendship in Max's eyes, he wanted to help Dec anyway he could.
    50596176151_4c4d355910_h.jpg

Dec almost immediately ignores the very important parts of Max's speech a thing he learned to do a while back to appease Vanessa.

He only hears what makes things easier to handle, truth is too hard plus pity him right, give hand outs not encourage him or tell the facts!

Declan's Thoughts: He won't get it, he was not born unlucky or a slow learner, he can't sit here and say those things are in everyone's... my capabilities!

Declan's Thoughts: We can't compare you never lost the love of your life.

But Dec did have help, a friend of support miles long, therapy the whole nine yards, change met giving up the wonderland pills, the good feelings, it meant effort and work, and one thing the Eos family lacked sans Vanessa was drive.
    50596176391_2ce904bf2b_h.jpg

It was ironically lucky enough, Max did not see such a glower, he had gotten up to watch over the girls on the seesaw.

"That is really all I have on that topic, I hope it helped even if in hypothetical."

Though... Max was not that naive so he wonders if it really was, an outside view can really do wonders when friends and family are too in denial or fretful to do anything.
    50596296852_bc6bdc7a1e_h.jpg

Dec just nodded but realized the man would not see,

"Yeah it did thanks, Max,"

But inside he was lashing out at someone else again, of course inwardly too at himself but it was never a true self evaluation and reflect.

Just a self pity party with excuse after excuse with no type of change, sure he tried every now and again with Hazel but was only becoming an unpredictable thing nothing good.
    50596176026_4e222d0102_h.jpg

The next series of pics are the girls being cute on the seesaw~ <3
    50596175711_fa890432e1_h.jpg

50596175526_0ff13a2a85_h.jpg

More Cute Playtime Under The Cut
    50596296372_5f1b04676d_h.jpg
    50596175776_ca4b3ce91a_h.jpg
    50596175866_adbd2927c5_h.jpg
    50596175706_9f6b58596e_h.jpg

That is all for now :) Next part will finish out this day at the park! A
    Post edited by Lyrie on
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    in my game, my own sim gave birth to a baby boy and got a promotion.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited March 2021
    @Lyrie
    Hey just wanted to drop a comment to say I am still keeping up with your Decades challenge, it always inspires me to try my own, I might start making a set up save for that challenge~ Aw poor Annemarie and Hans but I like their struggle and progress! I am glad some family stuck by them! I love the 50 style pictures too, it does look like they are modeling the new decade wear! They all look very nice in it~

Thank you for your nice comment, it means a lot to me. :)

I can only recommend to give this challenge a try. Before I started my own save, I was thinking a lot of it, but it was the official rules which hold me back, they didn't fit to me personally. But when I decided to play after my own rules and take the official rule just as a guideline, it was a breakthrough. As a notorius new game starter and "don't let my sim die"- player, I didn't had much hope to play long enough, but this challenge has gotten me, and I already plan to start a new one after this, but this time with already placed buildings and a better setting, but I don't think I will write about it again.

But you can play this challenge as stand alone, only settled on your home lot and never leave it, but the charm of this challenge is to change the environment too, to have the immersion of the times, starting other families, which you want to have in your game for later, changing their outfits. It came naturally, later they give you much to do and a break from your main family, if you need it. The most useful tool is mccc, it saves you a lot of time. The only thing which you have to do, before you start, is to decide how long a year will take and how you want to keep track of your families, with aging and other family stuff. Most cc's, whicht I use, come from linzlu and lonelyboy, and I love this dress which Annemarie wears, it's so far my favorite for now, it is from linzlu and it's called Judy 1950 wrap dress.

edit: I forgot something important. I adore Hazel and Rainbow, they are really cute. o:)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top