Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A solution to deleting single floor tiles.

Many of us need to delete floor tiles for various reasons, but due to the way rooms work, we can't. Honestly, just give us a transparent tile so we can paint them away. They'd still be there, we just couldn't see them. This would solve so many issues with so many things it's ridiculous.
This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.

Comments

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    That's why I use the Glass Floor from Island Living.
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    That's why I use the Glass Floor from Island Living.

You mean the dance floors? Not good enough. You can still see the edges and the glass. Or did you mean something else?

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    i just build walls or fence around it and then i delete it. works fine for me
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options

Sometimes you can’t do that though due to objects in the way. If you love them to delete, you can’t move them back.

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    No it's the Crystal Glass Floor from Island Living, not the Dancing Floor from Get Together.
  • Options
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    No it's the Crystal Glass Floor from Island Living, not the Dancing Floor from Get Together.

Ok, I know what you're talking about now. Here's the problem with those...

They are totally unusable in the situation. First, they can't intersect stairs. Second, they don't come in one-tile units.
    4hKINDk.png

They are totally visible in live mode. I need 100% transparency, in one-tile units, with no border effects.
    L5hLvGO.png

But I thank you for your suggestion. =)

• Options
    TrillianAstra042TrillianAstra042 Posts: 25 Member
    My goodness, YES. Being able to delete single floor tiles is the single best improvement I can imagine at the moment. I got so demoralized just trying to build a semi-attractive staircase the other night that I shut the game down in defeat.
  • Options
    My goodness, YES. Being able to delete single floor tiles is the single best improvement I can imagine at the moment. I got so demoralized just trying to build a semi-attractive staircase the other night that I shut the game down in defeat.

Same =/

• Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited March 2021
    Metaphasic wrote: »

Sometimes you can’t do that though due to objects in the way. If you love them to delete, you can’t move them back.

The “build wall / delete floor / delete wall” method usually works for me too. I often use it to create single or half tile holes and gaps in the flooring of abandoned buildings. What exactly is it that you need it for? Do you have an example? Is it to create a specific staircase?
  • Options
    Metaphasic wrote: »

The “build wall / delete floor / delete wall” method usually works for me too. I often use it to create single or half tile holes and gaps in the flooring of abandoned buildings. What exactly is it that you need it for? Do you have an example? Is it to create a specific staircase?

The problem is a culmination of several issues.

First, we have the bug, introduced in November of 2020 (known bug, though marked as a workaround, so I don't know if it'll ever get fixed), where stairs place over fences (autodeleted) are no longer traversable. This raises other issues in regards to how to properly box in the stairwell and maintain the room. Using platforms doesn't work. Initially, it seems to, but upon exiting and re-entering the game, they've merged with the surrounding room. While this doesn't affect routing, it does mean that if you need to edit things, you have to start over again.

Second, there's a multi-floor issue. The build I was working on was four stories high and needs three stairs, stacked. Doing the top floor, and the bottom floor is relatively easy, but getting the middle to play nice is impossible. I've tried placing in order top-down and down-top, to no avail. Somehow, the middle floors always seem to break.

Third, clipping of roofs is inconsistent, as well as friezes and trims, making matters worse. Using shift+apply or shift-delete doesn't always work as expected, especially when using fences inside. Unless they duplicate fencing (the way they duplicated some of the foundation patterns as platform patterns), rename them "railing," and mark them for inside use, I don't see much changing.

Can what I want to do be done? Sure. I've done it myself. But, there are too many steps involved, and the results are often inconsistent and buggy. Things have deteriorated to a point where I no longer feel the desire to build. This, together with other things, like having to use MOO just to place a flower beside a foundation with a column on it, and many other little peeves has left me beyond frustrated.

No, I don't have a picture handy. I'll try and get one for you tomorrow.