Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Explain elevators to me please?

SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
I have given up on stairs for now, and need to figure out how to use elevators in my builds instead. I found them alright, and I know how to box them in, but I can't seem to place one on top of the other without generating an error. Have I hit yet another brick wall, or am I missing something?
This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.

Comments

• Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Unlike Sims 2&3, the elevators in 4 are limited to apartments. You are stuck with stairs or ladders in houses.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    Unlike Sims 2&3, the elevators in 4 are limited to apartments. You are stuck with stairs or ladders in houses.

this.

which is annoying but well thats what it is unless you mod the game

realm of magic has magic portals though that you can use to get from place a to place b but they huge
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Figures... thanks all. I guess I have no option other than to wait for EA to fix stairs. I’ll be back if they ever get it done. I’m out.

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    which stairs are not working though?
    i have not noticed any problems with stairs in the game o_O
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »
    which stairs are not working though?
    i have not noticed any problems with stairs in the game o_O

It’s not the stairs specifically. My latest builds require three flights of stacked stairs with open banisters (a 1x4 stair in a 2x4 open stairwell. I’ve tried everything offered by several great builders. I can’t get it working reliably and I’m no longer willing to jump through so many hoops for something that work to start with.