Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bust The Dust will be getting an update later this month

as noted from the official twitter account of The Sims

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    as noted from the official twitter account of The Sims

I knew this would get fixed asap. That's good to know.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I am so happy about this, because I really love this kit, and I want it to work properly.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Maybe EAxis should listen to their QA team. If they even have one, which considering the finished product they sell, I kind of doubt.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I'm glad to hear this but to be honest my neat sims are in heaven :) as are my slob sims, for different reasons of course ;)
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited March 2021
    happyopi wrote: »
    Maybe EAxis should listen to their QA team. If they even have one, which considering the finished product they sell, I kind of doubt.
    It's weird isnt it?
    I mean this kits problems showed up so quickly that they couldnt have just missed that....
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited March 2021

I agree.

It's not my place to tell them how to do their job but if I were them then I would look into what causes these issues (not enough time, people, or communication?) and bring them to the people in charge. They should use the problems they had with this kit as an example so this will not happen in the future. I think we all are starting to suspect that they are not spending enough time to do playtesting...

Great to hear that they will update it though.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Glad to hear this. I love this kit :)
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Good. I was going to buy this kit, then decided not to because of all the issues, and I didn't think they would bother fixing such a small pack. But if they fix it (and don't break anything else in the process), I will get it after all.
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    Maybe this means they’ll get around to fixing some of the big ones?🤞
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I'd really like to buy it, I hope they make it work :)
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Thank goodness. Hopefully it will mean I can have a few less mods again.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I hope this won't be a patch like the alien patch where my male Sims never got pregnant again in three years. How often was the houses getting dusty anyway? We know their tuning don't we.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    BookBear wrote: »

We’re supposed to get our first Laundry List today.

(This was posted yesterday)

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    I haven't yet purchased any of these kits, but I like the idea of them. I think I'll wait a tad longer until the fix is made. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Depending on what they do with it, I may decide to give it a go once they update it, as is right now, not a chance.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited March 2021
    My Social Media Sim's job task today is to Record a Rant while angry. If your emotion is trapped in say, Inspired, because the place is clean, tough on you.

Being bitten by a vampire and having your emotions messed with? Yup. Scared because of thunderstorms or paranoia? I can deal with that.

Sometimes my Sim becomes Focused because of impromptu hoovering. This seems to trump Inspired. There's nothing else in your inventory that a Sim will drop everything so eagerly to play with - they will occasionally play with clay or the Futurecube if they have them, but still not as readily as the hoover or dustbuster.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member

agree with that aslo..

I wish it worked where a hoover had to be in a sims inventory to kick off the dust/dirty home animations that way we have more of a choice..
  • Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »

agree with that aslo..

I wish it worked where a hoover had to be in a sims inventory to kick off the dust/dirty home animations that way we have more of a choice..

You can disable the dust effects in the game settings.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    edited March 2021
    Phantasi33 wrote: »
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »

agree with that aslo..

You can disable the dust effects in the game settings.

Yes, and I am absolutely in favor of a toggle, but personally I'd like to use the game mechanic I paid for. I didn't pay to get so frustrated that I need to either toggle it off or mod it. If I wanted a decorative vacuum cleaner I'd download a CC one.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Phantasi33

Thanks I only found that out yesterday and I have it toggled it off now until I play my slob family where I will turn it back on again :)

@Simpatsyann

I agree that's why i would like more choices other than just toggling on/off..
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2021
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    It's weird isnt it?
    I mean this kits problems showed up so quickly that they couldnt have just missed that....

The issue were these kits were disappearing from Origin after you bought them has been fixed.

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    My Social Media Sim's job task today is to Record a Rant while angry. If your emotion is trapped in say, Inspired, because the place is clean, tough on you.

Being bitten by a vampire and having your emotions messed with? Yup. Scared because of thunderstorms or paranoia? I can deal with that.

Sometimes my Sim becomes Focused because of impromptu hoovering. This seems to trump Inspired. There's nothing else in your inventory that a Sim will drop everything so eagerly to play with - they will occasionally play with clay or the Futurecube if they have them, but still not as readily as the hoover or dustbuster.

I really really hope they do something about that inspired mood.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I really really hope they do something about that inspired mood.

I have added a mod meanwhile. It takes away the inspired moodlet at all but it keeps the embarassed one when our sims get visits and the house is filthy. It's from Zero.

For me it became impossible to play with the inspired moodlet. I always take in consideration my sim's mood when i'm deciding what to do next and she was inspired all the time...
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I wish vacuuming worked better in tiny homes. My Sim can only vacuum the countertops.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    edited March 2021
    I have had to turn dust off in my game after paying £4.99 for it. It is the only Kit I bought as it is the only one with gameplay/isn't just aesthetics so this has really had a negative impact on my view on kits in general.

I'm really surprised it didn't work properly, I'd understand if it were an oversight as part of a bigger pack with a lot of elements to it but this is literally a pack about one thing and it doesn't work properly. I would also understand if it became broken as a result of an update. But to be broken on release is just poor.