Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• SepiaSepia Posts: 101 Member
    The last few weeks have been a departure from my norm.

I paused my beloved Hargroves, who I've played exclusively for about a year, and started playing the Spivey-Jones household in a new save. It’s made up of two separate families I dropped together in the same household to create random townies in the Hargroves’ save, but I decided to play this household as a new challenge. No money, 5 kids (with two toddlers), no skills. Also, they had traits I didn’t choose.

I wanted to see how quickly I could get them into a new house and financial comfort. It took about two 1/2 seasons with them earning income exclusively from gardening and yard sales of collectibles.

Here is the Spivey-Jones household. Deon was a single dad with two kids, Gabrielle and toddler Julian. Julian was a wild toddler who gave me quite a headache, but he grew into a great child. I aged him up to child ASAP. Shana is a single mother with three kids: Casey, Ellis, and toddler Kyra. Kyra was a toddler for the longest I’ve kept a kid in that stage, because that stage gives me a headache. She was great.

Keep in mind that Casey is Soraya Hargroves’ friend in the Hargroves’ save, but the Hargroves didn’t exist in this world.

65245-BB8-ED3-E-4291-B2-FB-4-E1594-B7-D569.jpg
    D0-D9-CE19-348-D-48-FF-98-CF-8-D823-E2-E87-E6.jpg
    5819-C61-D-E65-E-4-F0-A-B5-FB-0934-FA319-A14.jpg
    434-D8499-467-D-44-FB-97-CD-37-AAD4-CB8076.jpg
    2-BBF885-B-6-A4-E-4-ED5-997-B-F52-E552-C637-B.jpg
    5612690-A-4-F5-D-49-D0-99-E2-39-F363-B2097-C.jpg
    CEA57522-DEB0-440-B-8412-3-F036757-ED05.jpg
    D4-A7-C87-B-409-A-49-BF-8615-903-BD35-F91-C4.jpg

Eventually, I had Deon and Shana marry.

8-EAEE0-C0-5-ED4-4578-B2-F2-4-ECBF7-B89-B38.jpg
    E0725-F76-174-F-494-F-BF41-9-D88-A31-E931-E.jpg

Then, Casey and Ellis aged up to teens since they maxed their skills first.

06-A5899-F-5-ACD-4980-9-AB2-2095-C0-C82-FCF.jpg
    176-E3-E7-C-41-C6-4254-BB26-778-E99636902.jpg
    BACC0-CB0-B4-E6-4-F69-B6-F0-B90173723-DD0.jpg

Kyra aged up to child.

C9-E0-A6-FF-4-D9-D-4-B4-F-8-A57-BE3-C54-F63949.jpg

Not long after that, they got their $100K house and I was out of a new goal for them. I would like to have Deon and Shana try for a baby, but not now.

But I did want to save the new household in the Hargroves’ world. That means there are two of this household running around, except the new Casey and Ellis will be teens, and the old Kyra and Julian are still toddlers. I really just wanted Soraya to have Kyra and Gabrielle as friends to add to her Kids Rule club, and for Kaylyn Hargrove to add teenage Casey (now Kasey) to her club, too.

Now, both households are friends.

Here they are all meeting each other. Notice teen Kasey in the same scene with an alternate dimension’s version of her child self, Casey. Heh.

F3-F77-A56-8277-4686-AE90-36-A99-ED97-DDE.jpg
    FF97933-B-FCBF-4268-8-FF9-24-DCA9-A407-B7.jpg
    CF38091-F-1-DDD-4-ED2-AB87-ABEE11-B3-E07-D.jpg

I liked playing as the Spivey-Joneses, but I really, REALLY missed playing the Hargroves after not seeing them for weeks. I’m now back to playing as them, but I may pop in on the other household at some point. And if I get bored again, I know I can create a new household of random Sims and challenge myself with them for awhile.
  • SigBlu1914SigBlu1914 Posts: 1 New Member
    I know I am late to the challenge, but I am getting close to adding my first Wonder Child to the gallery.
  • KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    Preview of Chapter 3:
    owKT9OX.png

One evening, the triplets visited the Casbah Art Gallery in San Myshuno. Dominique tagged along for the ride. The Nightblaze sisters wore the same jacket, but in different colors. Although the girls had similar tastes when it came to fashion, Rosalinda preferred darker colors. After a while of touring the gallery, the teenagers gathered by one of the paintings.

"Eilonwy and I will tour the city," Rosalinda said.

"Be careful out there," Liam said.

Dominique held her arm behind her back. "By the way, Liam and I may visit a nightclub later."

Rosalinda approached the door. "Have fun at the nightclub if you find one."

EcgEmvg.png

Once the girls were outside, they stopped in the middle of the snow-covered sidewalk. Eilonwy sensed that they were being followed. So, her gaze flitted past her shoulder. There was no one in the vicinity... or at least their line of sight. Strange. She knew some spells, but nothing lethal enough to kill an enemy. Not that murder was on her agenda. She had no desire to be responsible for someone's demise.

"Someone's coming," Rosalinda whispered.

"Really?" Eilonwy asked as she checked her surroundings a second time.

Hello, would you mind telling me where you find the hairstyle from the girl in the white shirt please?
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    @Becka28 Love the sixam style wedding arch!

As for the picture, thanks! I did mess up Zeph's position in the group shot. Unfortunately, the ability can only be used every 12 sim hours.

@GoddessByline that picture made my day.
  • FungieFungie Posts: 17 Member
    my sims crush took her out on a date finally, they really seem to like eachother, so happy for them
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Byron and his boyfriend, Zane, made it official. They've moved into an apartment together.

TnoyI4V.png

YCJUvrL.png

Jabari met Ariana at a gaming tournament. They've just started dating.

8CCPMDU.png

Over at Glimmerbrook, Makaria chats with Sade about Sade's upcoming birthday & Yvonne works on her potion skills.

pvo2nIB.png

PlSILi9.png
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Simeon had a little girl named Sabrina. L and Vlad had 2 girls (hybrids from what I can tell). and Emila Charm and Darell Charm had the twins Solomon and Marie. What I like so far with this save is that Morgyn and Simeon actually make a good couple. I don't really interfere with the relationships of sims. I let the game do its thing with as much autonomy I can possibly have. I think out the 3 pairings of The 3 Sages I think I'm like the pairing of Simeon and Morgyn best. When I started with Simeon and L they got married and had twins. They never tried for a baby after that. They rarely woohooed and L was being mean and playing pranks on Simeon a lot. I think that is why he had an affair with Athena his son Solomon's son. The same with Morgyn and L they had one child, rarely woohooed after that and he was having an affair with Emila Ernest who married Darell Charm. They went from having a high romance and friendship level to a very low level. Morgyn had no more kids with L and eventually divorced her but continued his affair with Emilia. Simeon and Morgyn really have surprised me. Neither has tried to cheat on the other. When I go to their household back and forth with Sam and his brothers they are always doing things together, woohooing or trying for a baby. It's a positive relationship for Sabrina and Fox to grow up in. I really look forward to taking my time with them and seeing what happens with 10 generations with them.

I think as Sage pairings go I like them best of all. Yes I know I could have put them in the same household and set their relationship to being married or use MCCC to impregnate one of them with the other's child/ren or made Simeon a Sorcerer on top of him being The Sage of Practical Magic and use magic to give them offspring but I rather have the game pair sims up for me. I find it more interesting that way.

On to what's been happening. Unlike when Morgyn was pregnant and he disappeared so I couldn't get all paparazzi and get shots of his baby bump. I only knew he was pregnant because MCCC gives me pregnancy notifications of everyone from played sims to townies.

Simeon pregnant with Sabrina
    [img][/img]9BWFYxX.png
    [img][/img]oWO5OVp.png

Anatu close-up to show her eyes better. When she ages up to a teen she'll get Sam and his brothers' starry eyes that I use for their bloodline. Before then they have normal or unusual eye colour.
    [img][/img]7isAv4O.png

Anatu and Fox are besties and both have a crush on each other. Thanks to First Love mod I can do somethings that are just too cute with them. I don't know if I want to have Solomon or Marie Charm with Sabrina later on when they age up to young adults yet. I'll have to see what happens. I'm not opposed to LBGTQ relationships and might end up having her with Marie Charm. They are still toddlers and sometimes I map out a cradle to grave life for a sim and know I want to hook them up with a certain person once they age up to young adult and rarely teens because I do allow for teen pregnancies in my game. I am going to try to avoid a teen pregnancy with Marie, Anatu and Sabrina. Though I know how Morgyn will react I have no idea how Simeon will react. I can't guarantee anything. I am not paying attention to the lives outside the Spellcasters right now in my game.

Sabrina Ember-Silversweater
    [img][/img]nbZUXgy.png

Fox
    TLyqMHY.png

Anatu
    pp09BEO.png

Solomon Charm has violet eyes like his dad Darell but is blonde like mom Emilia. I might change his hair later.
    [img][/img]uuirD4i.png

Marie Charm has darker skin like her dad and grandma Minerva with green eyes like her mom. I wanted her to have cute natural hair too.
    [img][/img]zk1XvOY.png

It was Anatu and Fox's first day of school. Neither came home bullied. I can only guess it was a good day for both of them. Because I have a mod where kids can learn magic I am having Sam teach Anatu magic. Gemma is now pregnant. The first trimester just might have their kid with Sabrina too but I don't think I'll go that route. I think I don't want that because I want a variation in the bloodline in later generations. The way the starry eyes are with San and his brother's bloodline is that they can have a thousand generations past and they will always have the starry eyes. Sabrina will have choices for her mate when she is a young adult. She is still a toddler and I just want her with another spellcaster. If this wasn't an experiment see the results of Morgyn and Simeon's bloodline I could care less about who is with who.

I would think Morgyn and Simeon would want to teach their kids magic. They are Sages and it seems like what a Sage would do.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
    @Sepia I love your Sims, what an awesome looking family. :)

• Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @GoddessByline lol - I love how your sim "catches frogs". But she is looking so serene and happy.

@Sepia I enjoyed your Spivey-Jones update. I have 2 saves I love so I totaly "get"missing the Hargroves while playing the other save :) I love the shot of your child sim on the pirate ship.

@Fungie isn't great when a date goes well - my sims have had many disastorous dates in their time!

@GrimlyFiendish that is an wonderful shot of your sim brewing things in the cauldron.

@drakharis Anatu is gorgeous - is that beret from one of the new packs (like supernatural? or is it CC). Hereyes really suit her - and she has pretty hair. Marie Charm is lovely - all the charms in my game have inherited the freckles - which I dont mind as I think they are cute. The hair you chose is very cute for a toddler.

Slate: Grey generation - NSB
    previous update
    I thought I would do a Quin and Rohan today but I think this grey update belongs right after the other one.
    Last update we met Mekhi - Shari's younger half brother - he had the glasses issues so here is a shot of him glasses free - I think he is a cutie but thats probablt the large eyes which I always like.
    TAEBDTp.png?1
    and I think Cloud's human disguise is one of the prettiest sims I have had born in game.
    1DTNj89.png?1

So because they are cute and their love story was sudden but sweet I decided to dedicate some time away from Slate to make sure they are happy.
    ZLx1FXf.png
    They seemed onboard with the date storyline...
    HmOhxe4.png

How their date went........
    They were autonomously flirty
    7t8MyMv.png
    k0yVsio.png
    GVYrCiI.png
    Then Mekhi had a suggestion for Cloud (this restautrant is responsible for half the sims born in my game!!)
    o3VqyOA.png
    Of course Cloud thought trying for a baby was a great idea... isn't that what you do while you wait for dinner to be served on your first date?
    u3sb592.png
    ECdw0KX.png
    Annnd it worked.
    QMVprYI.png
    Mekhi was very happy to hear her news
    Ti4Dzwb.png
    It was at this point Cloud remembered she hadn't actually checked whether he knew she was an alien.
    IvoDB33.png
    Thankfully Mekhi was not xenophobic at all
    NLmZNUD.png

So back to Slate and Shari...
    Shari was impatiently waiting for the pregnancy to end...
    JHE1zv1.png
    This sim does not like the Sixam garden - which is sad because it is the teenage version of my simself. No other version would be caught dead jogging!!
    Drjl4xi.png
    Suddenly it was Go time..
    kQWDCK9.png
    Slate was beyond excited but panicked anyway
    TBg5poc.png
    Here he is telling Shari not to panic LOL
    nIZhW50.png
    They took so long to get there that she went straight in
    xMGg1s1.png
    Slate autonomously followed her
    bwGeQSr.png
    and stayed for the entire birth - no male sim has ever done that before... they kept talking too (Slate doesn't read or use computer much so he wasn't distracted by other parts of the hospital.)
    fp3ZQY2.png
    And then the Plum heir was born - I named her Mirabelle after a variety of plum.
    VmOqkmy.png
    They were very happy to be parents.
    tfyky15.png
    CkXgZ4H.png

Welcome Mirabelle
    Slate had always dreamed of being a father and now it was real. (Mirabelle is a hybrid with grey skin but no alien form - like her Aunt Dove).
    utHHfLK.png
    9BtgC46.png
    Shari was equally as happy
    TSeE3fa.png
    It set off a cleaning frenzy - no germs near Shari's baby (lets ignore the cat which is probably the worst danger)
    XVJUhdm.png
    In no time Shari was back to her teaching job - not sure where and what she teaches - I work in schools and would be sent home if I dressed like that!
    8jt15G7.png
    Visitors started pouring in to see Mirabele - Cloud had a surprise of her own for Shari and Slate. Shari is impressed at the results of her matchmaking.
    jqTeWV4.png
    Slate is so pleased for his littlest sister.
    moRX62X.png
    owzi2nP.png
    Awww Mekhi was being sweet with Mirabelle - I think he will be a good Dad.
    Ift2GTZ.png
    gt57izP.png
    Cloud likes Mirabelle too
    USRH9ra.png
    They share parenting tips with the soon to be parents
    t5LPKnW.png
    This grey generation is just so wholesome :)

Dwight and Slate
    Dwight had made money in his career and is now living at the lot which used to belong to Thorne Bailey - he invites Slate around to see his new house and to congratulate him on the birth of Mirabelle.
    BTlQuoV.png
    FcAAPF7.png
    Slate shows off the fact that he reached maximum body potential recently (one of Grey's goals)
    15BRA7B.png
    He also raves on and on about Shari and Mirabelle
    31cQckU.png
    They spend some time dancing and catching up - just like old times
    t0duTtY.png
    Dwight is eager to show off his swimming pool
    7qnJEiG.png
    Slate does furious laps (because super fit sim!) and then relaxes on the sunbed
    K2fEgZq.png
    They then get in the hot tub - poor Dwight - Slate isn't ignoring whats Dwight is hinting at - he is just wholesomely oblivious. Slate is having a good day with his best friend enjoying his best friend's good fortune. I think Slate would have been a lot more careful of Dwight's feelings if he had thought for a second that Dwight liked him more than a friend.
    oHyi7pQ.png
    And Dwight, himself, realises that he would prefer a friendship with Slate than risk their friendship for something more - when it is obvious he hasn't seduced Slate with his (subtle) hints - I feel sorry for Dwight but you are in the wrong save pining after the wrong sim. Slate has goals and a job to do plus he is deeply in love with Shari and his family.
    rwrcPJW.png

The new heir - plum generation - Mirabelle
    One final hug as a baby...
    IZMFsTD.png
    and Mirabelle ages up - her hair will be pale until she is a teen when she can use the unnatural or multi-coloured hairs.... in plum tones of course
    dAkjpXQ.png?2
    I think I have 2 posts left of grey then there will be Mirabelle's story (Mirabelle's isnt as long as Slate's or any where near as wholesome.)

• mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited March 2021
    Hi everyone! I’d like to share a snippet of Morgana and Trevor’s flirtationship – their first date! <3

Morgana Pendragon is the princess of Camelot in @_sims_Yimi ’s Tales of Camelot, learned in the art of cunning as she meanders the complexities of court intrigue as a young woman in 14th century.

Trevor Jeong is the CEO of SimTech in my sim-universe, known for his business leadership and innovative mind, but also for his notorious, unapologetic reputation of a non-committal, serial-romantic cassanova. :sweat_smile:

After months of "playing chess", Morgana finally agrees to meet him in person at the fringe of both sim universes.

1.jpg
    2a.jpg
    3a.jpg
    4.jpg
    5.jpg
    Trevor officially asks Morgana on a date at the Roman Colosseum....

Everything else undercut :smile:
    5Yes.jpg

And she replies with the brightest smile on her face.

7.jpg

The Colosseum is significant to Trevor and he wants to share that with her.

8.jpg
    9.jpg

They toast in the centre of the amphitheatre.

10.jpg

Trevor suddenly dares Morgana to stand with him atop the corbels, even taller than the restricted attics on the highest floor.

11.jpg

Morgana examines him.

12.jpg

And accepts the challenge, on one condition.

13.jpg

Morgana is a brilliant singer, amassing a crowd as she sings while Trevor carries out her wishes.

14.jpg

Trevor has to perform to her song. Both bard and dancer entertains the intrigued crowd.

15.jpg
    16.jpg

Morgana laughs as Trevor busts his moves and shows a side of him never before seen.

17.jpg
    18.jpg
    19.jpg

Morgana received about 300 in tips. This particular listener gave her 20 simoleons several times. :open_mouth:

20.jpg
    21.jpg
    22.jpg

At song no. 3, Trevor starts to show signs of tire. At one point he stumbles, and Morgana reacted instantly.

23.jpg

Morrie catches Trevor. She relents and acknowledges that he has met her conditions.

(I didn’t realise this dance will have Trevor stumbling into Morrie’s path! I'm all for this heart-stopping moment! :love:)

24.jpg

Morgana agrees to go with him to the top of the Colosseum.
    (Trevor you sly dog. You weren’t tired at all, were you? :smirk:)
    Trevor ignores me, obviously.

25.jpg
    26.jpg
    27.jpg

Trevor finally gets what he wants -- a dance with Morgana atop the Colosseum. He remembers Morgana’s wishes and keeps the dance strictly one-handed.

28.jpg
    29.jpg

Secretly, Trevor’s hoping for an opportunity. They are dancing on high ground after all. :wink: But Morgana is a graceful dancer.

30.jpg
    No biggie. The moment is enough for him. (Even as Trevor says that, look at his hand hovering over her waist. :joy: ) But he knows his boundaries so nothing happens.

31.jpg
    32.jpg

They rest and spend the rest of the day gazing into the horizon in each other’s gentle company.

33.jpg

By now, a crowd of onlookers and paparazzi had gathered below. (Trevor’s Celebrity stardom is maxed out.)

34.jpg

Security is not pleased at all.

35.jpg

But Trevor is unperturbed, even if he’s looking at maybe 80 hours of community service. :joy:

36.jpg

Morgana sure made him jump through some fire-blazing hoops! But I think Trevor didn’t do too shabby for himself.
    Guess it’s another stalemate for these two.

= The end for now =

Thank you for reading. :blush:
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    @Becka28 Anatu's beret is CC I don't remember which CC Creator made it offhand. I use it a lot for the girl sims I wish they would put a beret for our sims in an official pack since we can't even use Ms Ojo's Beret from City Living for our sims unless we use mods to unlock it for everyone. I wanted Anatu's eyes to be unusual because her mom is L The Sage of Mischief Magic and her dad is Sam Astral but her eyes will change once she becomes a teen.

I love the Charm family too,
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Pleasantview 25 Years Later Save:

John & Jennifer Burb were dismayed when their young daughter Quinn became pregnant almost immediately out of high school. Quinn is claiming that she's going to allow her brother Kevin and his partner to raise the baby as their own, and that she did it on their behalf -- but no one is fooled.

The gossip columns were heartbroken when Ivan Pleasant, the town's most eligible young bachelor, suddenly eloped with....Nina Caliente, his girlfriend's mom. Nina's star has been rising since she dumped Don Lothario and became a fitness guru, and these days she has an aggressive web presence and even provides training consulation to Del Sol's most famous. Even more surprising: Nina has just delivered twin girls, Esmerelda and Caterina.
    @GrimlyFiendish how did you set up a gaming tournament where sims could meet each other?

I'm thinking of making an arcade where sims can meet when I play around with fame. I just haven't figured out the ideal lot type to hosting gaming tournaments.

@mercuryfoam Amazing update with Trevor and Morgana

I may end up sharing some forgotten screenshots later, but I've been trying to share a variety of updates, some with pictures, others without pictures, some with a story style, and others without the story style. I'm hoping that it helps everyone feel comfortable sharing their updates and stories.

As for my story, I've been kinda rolling on the whims of whatever happens in my game and responding.

Dylan and Zeph have more planned out than their siblings, and I may have an update for what my plans are for future households in my current save.

As for my approach to their attire, I made sure that my merfolk use their merattire at home, but they will use different outfits outside of their home. I didn't feel like merfolk needed to hide what they are at home.

Kemps might be the only one that is always in merattire, but he's a pure blood merman that is meant to stay close to the sea most of the time. Blending in with humans isn't really his primary concern. I will give him human attire for the rare occasions when he checks on family among humans.
  • KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    @DeafSimmer Thank you!

@Metior_Ice Sorry, I meant Geek Con (City Living). They met at Geek Con, in the gaming section. I think of it as a tournament.

• BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,428 Member
    Hope everyone is doing great. I missed alot, haven't had much time to get into the game, things have gotten very busy.
    @Metior_Ice p.841 wow poor Juniper burning to death! I'm afraid of hot weathers for my sims because of this. Great Death accepted the plea. :D
    @Becka28 p.833 thanks yeah secrets like eat away at one. The vending machine part was the worst but it was also like an "of course that would happen" moment 😅 Ooo welcome Mirabelle, great name btw ! cool update, the pool screenshot is amazing.

@Alwaysasking p. 833 I agree, please try to post some screenshots under spoilers everyone, it is incredibly difficult to load this thread sometimes. Joey is too cool, he looks perfect with everyone. Cute shots of your simself, Thorne, and Zephan, they're really great. Awh he looks cuter as a child! The monkey bar shot is cool 😎 Yeah Arthur had it rough. Anna put him into adoption because she wanted to continue her studies and felt her life would be cut short if she raised him. She gave him up after much thought and word from Sammy, she did regret it eventually. Sylvia is about to be surprised.

Updaye:
    Sylvia sat down by the child. She thought it was rather strange that a child would be asking for her. Arthur was excited to finally meet her. WvBYaFP.png
    Sylvia began to ask what she could help him with, she thought he had a familiar face but couldn't put a pin on it. qOZ3F6D.png Arthur then told her he's been looking for her for a while but was hoping they could speak somewhere else. As he pleaded she heard his stomach grumble, and thought a good attorney takes her client out to eat, so she invited him. She didn't want to go inside her office either, on her day off that was the least place she wanted to see. A8kvePl.png They said good bye to Jeremy, Arthur just kept looking at Sylvia. qtuD5sR.png They got a table at a local diner. Sylvia asked Arthur to explain why he asked for her. He began saying he was looking for her, he wasn't sure how to say it but simply said she's his grandma. vXDNTYW.png Sylvia didn't know what to say, but began to ask if he was sure. She wasn't sure how that could be true. Arthur insisted it was and he asked if she could take him to his mother. Yet Sylvia didn't know who she was. RXMs3wG.png He told her he did a DNA test from a tv commercial and showed her the print out of his results, she began to figure it out. JlBcxB7.png The results mentioned Christopher Drake as his grandfather, she figured out who the parents were, but it wasn't making sense. How could no one have known about him she thought. EZHzciP.png "...So where were you this whole time?" Sylvia asked, it was weird to suddenly meet your grandchild like this. LE4Obpm.png Arthur explained he was put into adoption and was adopted by a couple. He didn't really remember his time with them, but he had been put into foster care after some time with them. He told her all about the family he was with and how horrible they are, but was happy though to finally find a family member. vXDNTYW.png When she realized he had ran away, she told him she had to call the authorities of where he ran away from. If they were looking for him, it was best to let them know he's been found. Arthur pleaded not too, but she assured him they wouldn't take him back to the other family. rFmU1UZ.png

Arthur went to clean up before the food arrived, Sylvia looked content, "So I'm a grandma" she thought 0pzrwg5.png
    She took him back home, she told him there's a spare bedroom where he could sleep. First he had to shower, and she would give him clean clothes. She still had some from when Archie and Claudio were younger. ASl13RK.png While he showered she explained what happened to Owen. He said it was strange, how could she trust him. If it was true, why didn't Archie ever tell them. Sylvia told him she didn't think Archie knows. The only one with answers was Anna. She said she was going to help Arthur, but wasn't going to tell Archie yet. That would be up to Anna. PB7HP8c.png For the mean time, she told Arthur he would be in good hands. GKrl41M.png Sylvia first had to contact the foster care agency in case Arthur was reported as missing. When she got to work the next morning she started to make calls. Arthur told her the name of it, so it wasn't hard to find the number. The family did report him as missing, Sylvia explained how he found her. lxLfgwq.png They told her the family who had Arthur, didn't want him anymore as he caused too much trouble. He would be returned back to the agency so that another family could take him. Sylvia got angry at the ridiculousness they were telling her. nFIQ3Zz.png Sylvia said he would better off with her since he was her grandchild, but they insisted. 55Fvbg9.png They began to back off when Sylvia said she would look into their agency. It must be filled with serious problems if a family like the one that took in Arthur was allowed to take in kids. vnZJsRW.png Sylvia was glad that worked. "I'm glad we reached an agreement." she told them. BPpOgzi.png When she got back home she found Arthur telling jokes to his great-grandma Abigail. unMTnII.png She told Arthur the news. He got sad, he was prepared to hear he'd have to go back 80CiAva.png But was excited when she told him he could stay with her now. iocFoIq.png He was even more excited when she told him, they would go see his mother the next day. iL6VumS.png
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,428 Member
    After breakfast Sylvia called Anna to meet her at the park, Archie included. zYNotGV.png
    It was a bit cold outside the park so she stayed in the indoors area waiting for them. Anna arrived without Archie, Sylvia was hoping he'd tag along. Anna told her he was at work. 6eg4aJc.png Sylvia began saying she was hoping Archie came, she had someone wanting to meet them. gZxTueg.png Arthur was playing on the playground. NpjRoeN.png He kept an eye on Sylvia and he noticed when she was speaking to someone, was that his mother? he thought. X398JOa.png Anna was getting a bit nervous, who did she mean. She was shocked to hear it was a child named Arthur. ShZLq41.png But then it sank in WNVD0J8.png She began to ask Sylvia, how did she find him? or if she had told Archie already. OHdW69u.png When Sylvia told her she hasn't told Archie, Anna told her she was also looking for Arthur. But she had lost hope. She wanted to explain it all to Archie but she just didn't know how. WClWGWd.png Sylvia asked her how it happened, she wanted to know how was it that only Anna knew about Arthur, however Anna told her it was too long a story to tell. tHnN5hT.png Sylvia told her to go at least meet him, Anna was surprised to hear he was there. "He's here?" she asked. XlGKWEu.png

Sylvia told Anna she would find Arthur at the playground. It was just a few steps away, but she was nervous. When she found him, she could only say "You must be Arthur". Arthur could hear the nervousness in her voice. NS5GARr.png
    Arthur didn't mind, he was excited to meet her. He told her he waited so long to meet her, and she was here. WIb607T.png He began to tell her about his adventure. How he traveled from Windenburg all the way to Willow Creek to find his grandmother. Bit4rkr.png He was very excited, he was smiling as he told her, he had starved for more than a day during his adventure. zfp8K3e.png When he finished he asked if she was glad to see him. f6Ur5on.png She was. 54uE0oZ.png It wasn't long before Sylvia joined them. She told since it was cold out, it would be better if they go indoors. Anna suggested back home. kk4l3mi.png The weather was better back in Evergreen Harbor. Just as they arrived to the apartment Sylvia said she would head back home to give them time alone. sPDBGat.png Anna let Arthur inside, she wanted to speak with Sylvia first. Sylvia did too. She told Anna she didn't mind handing off Arthur to her and Archie to live but they had no spare bed for him. So she asked Anna to bring him back before it got dark. B0O6577.png Anna obliged, and asked Sylvia to not tell anything to Archie. He'd soon be arriving from work and she would figure something out. EQm1sD0.png Arthur couldn't stop from smiling. Anna was telling him about her. 09h8Qnd.png
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited March 2021
    @DeafSimmer Glad it was enjoyable. Yeah, Trevor is a cassanova, hence this is a flirtationship. :wink:
    @Metior_Ice Thanks! That's amazing that you can play the game in a variety of ways and very kind of you to do so to have us all feel comfortable. I like telling stories so that's my main mode of playing sims and always feel shy posting here. Looking forward to your merfamily :)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Well, my poor Snow White has been busy caring for her 7 children. :'( And my Inventor has been a little naughty with some female friends. :D
    So, a few revisions to how I raise occult families, particularly merfolk and vampires.

Because Merfolk and Vampires have different needs and different methods of meeting those needs, I'm gonna skip the infant, toddler, and child life stages (half the gameplay) because the children of occults are essentially treated like humans.

Extended Explanation in Spoiler
    Merfolk most effectively meet their hydration need by sleeping in the water, and playing with merfolk makes a significant difference when it comes to any kind of swimming. My first attempt at Spellcasters in Sulani ended with one of them drowning because I didn't pay attention to the energy need while he was swimming. Merfolk are much faster swimming, and sims in general lose energy faster swimming. Merfolk can cross bodies of water before their energy need gets too low and replenish their energy need without leaving the water if it does get close to failing. Merfolk also have unlimited use of their mermadic magic as long as they are in the water. The forever fresh trait gives them unlimited use of their magic on land.

Merchildren do not have a merform and consequently can't manage their energy need or spend the same amount of time in the water as their parents until they become teens.

Vampire Children don't have a Dark Form and they don't have the thirst need. They retain the human Bladder and Energy need. Apparently, based on what I've read in this thread, vampire children can't consume plasma fruits or foods made with plasma fruit.

I don't like changing the way I think about meeting a sims needs half way through their lives. I don't like having the game take longer to load because I have to add rooms my merfolk don't need. I don't want to have to cook human food for vampire children.

For my legacy, I'm probably going to do something different. Merfolk will pretty much be treated as immortal because they live very long elderly lives. So, instead of normal heirs, my legacy will be similar to @haneul 's 100 baby challenge with Asher. The founder is going to have a time limit to reach certain skills that are required to recruit the Elder Heirs. Ideally, this should work in much the same way it would if you played a normal legacy with the challenge to recruit sims into a club being the substitute for producing a heir of the next generation.

I don't like murdering sims, even if I've done that a couple times, so this should help me avoid reaping the legacy sims.

As for the Zalrian's, I'd say that Calum and Arihi's story is focused around raising and managing the family. They are family of immortals, so Calum and Arihi's job is never done as long as they have their family to look after.

Dylan and Zeph will do a little bit of everything, so I have a lot planned that I don't want to spoil.

Ember, Juniper, and Jade won't be able to do what I have planned for them until they are young adults.

Kemps is my sim that runs all the retail stores. His rotation will be all about improving the stores he owns and running a dive shop that sells sunken treasures. I'm still figuring out the logistics of using retail stores as a substitute for the catalog for the rags to riches style gameplay. The 5 other heirs (excluding the Blue Tail heirs) will each be rags to riches in different packs. I want their homes to reflect the packs they represent...

So many ideas, and I'm happy to be moving forward with them.
    @BlueSeaWaves Jade was the one that caught on fire. She's a vampire, and I suspect that the time she spends at High School is what lowers her vampiric energy. Juniper is her counterpart. While Jade is the Earth Elemental of the Land and Child of the Moon, Juniper is the Earth Elemental of Plants and Child of the Sun.

Anyways, Juniper has Death Flowers on him that come from his garden, I actually want him to oen a Flower shop where he sells seeds and thr floeer arrangements he makes.

Jade, on the other hand, is adventurous and will live an adventurous life style.

Death will always resurrect the dead if he's offered a death flower.
    @mercuryfoam thanks, I enjoy the sandbox games because I can be creative with what I do. I could do more creative things if I had more to work with.
  • DarkAngel1994DarkAngel1994 Posts: 771 Member

I'm back! :blush:
    I haven't given up on my family, but I wanted to take a break.

Update: Chpater One: Gossip
    uFAQmgW.png
    pw0213q.png?1
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    @Becka28 Thank you for your comments! Bo's wardrobe was probably the hardest one I've ever had to come up with, in no small part because of the problem you mentioned with the chest of many feminine outfits. I also, while I enjoy a good drama, find it easier to get attached to the happy families and nice sims. I've really enjoyed Slate's story because he seems like a sweetheart. I have to have some families that are less perfect because lack of variety gets me bored, but I always have a soft spot for sweet couples like Bruce and Walker or Quin and Rohan. I really like Liberty in the yellow braids in your pictures. Also the wedding in front of the sixam plants was lovely.

@Metior_Ice Don't really have any further comment about the occult children issue except that I agree with what you and @Lucy_Henley have said. I think that's a real weakness in the game.
    I'm sure if I died and was resurrected I'd think of video games too... mostly the kind where you have multiple lives.
    Love the family's version of fireworks.

@Lyrie It's lovely to see your sims again!

@Duvelina I loved Max and Veronica's winterfest... so nice that they could have someone to be with for the holiday.

@GoddessByline I love the fact that your sim's name is Laura Craft and she knits. But maybe she could choose better settings.

@mercuryfoam Nice to see you again! Those are really pretty screenshots.

@BlueSeaWaves I'm so happy that Arthur has a new home! I hope Archie takes the news well.

@GrimlyFiendish Glad you got your screenshot problems sorted!

@Sepia Is it confusing having the same sims at different ages in the same save? It was nice to meet your Spivey-Jones family.

@Daravi I'm glad Hans had some adventures that took him away from the war for a bit, and that he survived his years as a war photographer. We don't get a lot of media about the life of Germans after the war in the US, so I am looking forward to what I'll learn from your sims.

Shoutout to @DeafSimmer @drakharis and @Smellincoffee I really enjoyed your updates, don't have any specific comments on them, but don't want to leave you out!

For my game this week, I spent some time with the Jang family, meaning Billie and her two teenage sons.
    NjMB0Ie.png

During the first part of the week, Esau and Jacob spent some time with their cousins and Jacob's girlfriend. Also apparently Esau had met Thorne Bailey, who invited himself over later. He ended up bored because he couldn't lower himself to speak to anyone else in the house, and Billie got irritated with his presence.
    Mk6QuoY.png

They all worked hard and Billie got a promotion and both boys were straight A students by Thursday afternoon, so they all took Friday off and went on a family camping trip. Those shots below this spoiler.
    My Granite Falls has one fancy family "cabin", one small romantic cabin, and a camping site for rentals. They stayed at the campsite.
    7AJoZMx.png
    mOGXSsi.png
    D4yxnpx.png
    DqLTCrM.png
    McHRIuV.png
    7rkm22c.png
    EMFIoFA.png
    TaLIsKG.png

That ghost story resulted in a visitor who both broke and repaired the outdoor shower while they slept.
    PjrDRaa.png

Right after this picture Billie dropped the salt shaker on her head, which I had never seen before and thought was hilarious.
    SRmZyNR.png

The boys got in some fishing time.
    3mN2x1y.png
    al6aSXb.png

There is also a natural looking pool in Granite Falls, which they visited on the really hot day.
    AOpsfau.png
    i11o43g.png
    pRviaaE.png
    4Q1jPQm.png

And there's a restaurant with a breakfast menu where they ate on their last day. Billie went for healthy granola while the boys had donuts.
    TuLbMao.png

Also there's something else that happened this week...
    42XRnsV.png

He's a little young for her, but they had a couple of dates.
    First date (bar in Evergreen Harbor)
    UEPAQyy.png
    lxlmsXu.png

In between she visited his house and put his mother out when she set herself on fire.
    7Upfd6O.png
    hQBfUAO.png

Second date (Mexican restaurant in Oasis Springs)
    MWAwiTn.png
    AyPaVGP.png
    3aSQqpO.png
    FiAaqHv.png

Some of my other sims apparently were also having a date in the background.
    VRUV5A5.png

And then one night Billie and Knox got a little carried away.
    Gb7tK39.png

The dumpster wasn't really Billie's thing, but she was swept away by being in a romance again after so long... Since it was a terrible idea and she was an adult so there was actually a chance the game would save me from myself, this was not just regular woohoo. So the next day...
    W8Ft9BD.png

He seems ok with the news.
    B0ZgmGL.png

After this Knox moved in and his mothers moved to the retirement village in Sulani. So I'm going to replace the old house with something big enough for... however many babies she ends up having. Given the amount of money they don't have and how much this would mess up my plans in general, I expect my first set of triplets. :)

And then at the end of the week the boys aged up. They turned out so good!
    Jacob:
    rz79hyU.png
    Wvi7HCB.png

Esau:
    HBOoxrU.png
    7FkNtdM.png

Esau then moved back in with his father in Magnolia Promenade. He took the noncommittal trait, as a response to his parents' love lives. Jacob has the jealous trait already, and intends to marry his high school sweetheart Olivia Spencer-Kim-Lewis. They'll stay with Billie, and Knox, and the sibling(s) to come.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top