Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What historical era would you want most?

13...Next

Comments

• Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    1920-1940s
    Mostly the 20s, like Roaring Heights in TS3... but honestly more Medieval-era themes would be interesting. Even just a Sims Medieval 2, a combination of both TS4 and TSM gameplay... More in-depth. But that's just me, I do love my themes and eras haha
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited February 2021
    Medieval Era (and Byzantine?)
    I would love to have my skill to learn an archery skill & perhaps having a little bit of lore or legend like the Robin Hood. I don’t mind to have the classical era of Greece & Rome too!
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    edited February 2021
    Victorian, Edwardian NeoGothic
    I find all options interesting. I've voted for victorian, but if they would offer a precolonize central europe (before the romans came) I would play it definitely. But I know it will never happen, maxis/ea don't care about european players too, they view them only as cashcow with offering less for more money.
  • ValeahValeah Posts: 98 Member
    I chose the Medieval Era, but a close second would be the Classical Era, Victorian, 1920-1940s, and the Pioneer Age. They would be so much fun. Plus the Build/Buy, CAS objects...
    I’d be happy to be able to play in any of those eras and areas really, but medieval gets my first choice provided that:
    • Sim’s phones can be replaced by other means to communicate, e.g. letters or word of mouth.
    • There are non-civilized areas in a medieval world: just a woods or empty fields to build on and perhaps a simple dirt track running through the landscape (we are in need of this regardless).
    • A curved wall tool and customizable ceiling tiles are patched in. Because Round Towers and creaking wooden ceilings.
    • It comes with horses.
    • Career: become a Knight Warrior or Dragon Slayer.
    • There are Dragons to be slayed. Or to befriend...

I can see an era/ world working like that if it’s part of time-travel gameplay, but not as a destination world. Once unlocked my sims should be able to live in it. Otherwise Windenburg will do.

I chose the Medieval Era, but a close second would be the Classical Era, the Victorian Era, 1920-1940s, and the Pioneer Age. I can see a lot of great gameplay possibilities. Plus the Build/Buy and CAS objects...
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    1920-1940s
    I just wanna see flapper outfits and the New Look lol
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Classical Era (Greece & Rome)
    Ancient Rome, every time.

One of the things I still really miss from TS2 is that I had tons of cc (from... Parsimonious, I think?) for authentic Roman/Greek furnishings and clothing, and since we had decent CAW tools, I had a whole Roman world with architecturally correct villas. It was glorious. If the computer with my TS2 saves hadn't died, I would still go back and play it.
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there, FYI: I just moved this thread to the TS4 Ideas Corner. :)
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    I definitely would want to see a rendition of ancient Greece. Their architecture, vases, and musical instruments are all really neat.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Other
    Regency, early 19th century as the men's clothes were so stylish (The era of Beau Brummell) and the women's clothes slimline, and the hairstyles for both sexes more attractive than earlier and later Victorian fashions. Clothes less likely to clip through the furniture! The house styles were superb in this era, John Nash and his Regent Street etc. I could see lots of building items and furniture coming with that pack.

I could do a Jane Austen type storyline with that. <3
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I so love the Jane Austen stories; especially, Pride & Prejudice. <3
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited February 2021
    Ooh ooh ooh! I like this poll!

Uhh choices but I went with Medieval in the end because I think it has the largest gameplay scope and the team has some experience with it. I really wanted to like Sims Medieval but I just couldn’t get into it because it was based on the Sims 3 engine (bleehh) and I hated the camera angles! I really wanted Realm of Magic to have a medieval theme but they went with art nouveau instead...
    I really want to see knights on horseback, kings and queens, princesses and paupers, bards and blacksmiths, the Sixam Pit Beast, an awesome looking Grim Reaper (seriously the best looking Grim in the franchise) and a lot more that I can’t think of right now. Pirates and/or dragons would be really cool, too! I’d love it if you could fight a dragon in a boss fight similar to the Mother! Ahh!

I would love to see an 80s stuff/game pack with arcades and maybe a mall.

Also I know this might be a little OT since this is a poll about the past but I just wanted to throw it out there anyway: a cyberpunk futuristic city would be an absolute dream right now!

EDIT: I also wouldn't mind the Victorian era as I've just created a Victorian era Sim although I think if they were to implement this time period they should rename it to fit with Simlish lore e.g. industrial revolution era or something like that. Maybe they could add a steampunk twist to it as well to make it a bit more fantastical to fit with the Sims.
    Post edited by GracieO312 on
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Other
    I have no idea what the colonial style options are but regency would be cool a very French 1700s Louis XlV Versailles. If not that then a Victorian UK industrial revolution world would be amazing with small lots of back to back houses or terrace houses with very basic amenities that can be used off the grid. It would work well with the industrial state with the eco lifestyle pack too.
  • TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member
    Pioneer Age (Oregon Trail)
    I'm a sucker for covered wagons, vast wildernesses, and living off the land. I'd love it if EA offered us a prairie-type world that's undeveloped, and a system was implemented similar to Eco Lifestyle where your choices can affect the world's development. Either it remains rural or becomes a bustling cityscape. It would be great if there were more off-the-grid options, too. For example, washtubs for bathing (either wood or copper), outhouses, woodstoves, etc. It would be neat if there was a trade/barter system where Sims could exchange goods. Additionally, more crops, such as corn and wheat. I'd also like to see some more homemaking skills implemented such as sewing, soapmaking, and cheesemaking. Could use cowplants for milk...orrrr EA could combine these ideas for the long-coveted farming pack.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    Other
    18th Century Colonial America! French and Indian War, Revolutionary War, settling what ultimately became East Tennessee. So much going on in that time period. I'm fully invested in it since I learned that the man I was always told we were related to, wasn't just a friendly uncle on the side, but rather my sixth great-grandfather. That's lineage, peeps. Without him and his first wife, I may not be here, let alone be who I am for that lineage. Just sayin'.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited March 2021
    1970s-1990s
    1970's or the 1980's
  • GenericTownieGenericTownie Posts: 105 Member
    Old Greek Architecture and Mythos is my religion
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited March 2021
    Pre-colonial North America
    I hesitate here because I do not know how well Sims 4 could handle time travel. Sims 3 ran alternate but connected worlds, restricting what things you could do that connected them. However, so long as you did not "touch" your old world you functioned as a perfectly free citizen of your new one.

4 would probably have to do some sort of variation of the vacation system with all the lockdown of Batuu. That would keep the wrong townies out and the right townies in, plus seal the world properly. However, I hesitate thinking about all the restrictions placed on Sims and players because of it. Supernatural Sims never functioned well in Batuu, for example.

Also, quick note on the time period, I like the idea of "wild" lands and have some indigenous heritage that I would enjoy seeing. Plus, without a proper Sims Medieval sequel, I doubt 4 could do Medieval well enough to best CK3 for my attention. (At the extremes, more of a personal issue, but I might have to skip a pack that I can only see faults in.)
  • shadowphantomnessshadowphantomness Posts: 9 New Member
    Love the Medieval and Victorian options as well as classic Greece but would definitely love Han Dynasty China or Ramses era Ancient Egypt as well.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    1970s-1990s
    1970 to 1990 even up to 2021 is my choice on the poll
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Other
    I chose the option of "other" because I love history. We need to remember the bad parts in hopes that we never forget and learn to break the negative cycles that occur throughout history. I honestly would like to see all historical eras in the game. Everything from prehistoric to modern. It also would give options to our historical simmers who would rather have other options. I would love to do a story in-game where my go-to spellcaster family is reading scrolls in The Library of Alexandria or chilling out in The Ganging Gardens of Babylon debating in an Ancient Greek Forum etc.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    1920-1940s
    I'm a sucker for Art Deco and 1920s jazz music and dancing. I also love swing dancing, big band music, and the clothing/hair styles of the 1940s. What I really want is more types of dancing and bands in the game. It would be cool to send your sims to themed dances or have them perform at an event.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    My faves that I want in Sims 4 is:
    Medieval
    Ancient/Mythology
    Prehistoric/Biblical
    Jane Austen
    1920s, 1940s, 1960s & 1980s
    Futuristic
    Star Trek
    Stargate
    Doctor Who
    Timeless

What can I say, I love history, myths & sifi. :p<3B)