Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Possible issue with spandrels.

SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
Hey all! I was doing some work on one of my builds and ran into a problem with spandrels that I haven't seen before. See the attached image for reference. Can anybody tell me why my spandrels have recently started doing this? They are supposed to go straight across, not have a second spandrel lower down.

epAml3s.png
This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.

Comments

• DeanXeLDeanXeL Posts: 289 Member
    I can think of several reasons for this to behave like this, one of which refers to the use of non-matching height platforms. However, if you could upload a base game version of this bit, it would help if I could take a look at it :)
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    DeanXeL wrote: »
    I can think of several reasons for this to behave like this, one of which refers to the use of non-matching height platforms. However, if you could upload a base game version of this bit, it would help if I could take a look at it :)

Possibly, but I want to rule things out as much as I can before cluttering the gallery with it.

There are no platforms in this build. I built the house and placed porches before raising the foundation, which got all of it at once. There are no friezes either. Does that help your troubleshooting?

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
    edited March 2021
    Here's the WIP. I've tried raising and lowering the foundation to no avail. It has the same effect at all heights and all spandrel types. Removing the friezes doesn't seem to affect it. The corner I focused on is at the left front of the house, where I have removed the frieze. No cheats or CC are used here, though I did try testingcheats and MOO just to see if it had an effect. It did not.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C6F05FAC7F8711EB8DBECACBBEC83282

There must be something you put in that affects the spandrels, cause I don't have several of the items you have (including the spandrels) and I can place them just fine

jrme8iz.png
    There must be something you put in that affects the spandrels, cause I don't have several of the items you have (including the spandrels) and I can place them just fine

jrme8iz.png

Interesting. I just mocked the first floor up myself and it worked. That’s really weird. The only thing on the other side of that wall is a plant. I’ll let you know later if something changes. Thanks for looking. If you think of something, let me know. I’d hate to have to rebuild the whole house.

If all else fails, try defining that corner as a room, removing it and placing it back?
    If all else fails, try defining that corner as a room, removing it and placing it back?

Heh. Got to love sims oddities. 😝

• emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

@Metaphasic that when you use a frieze and spandrells together or if you used a platform next to the room where you are using spandrells. It is a relative new glitch. Yes, it is a little nightmare :|
  • XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    Are you sure there are no friezes here? Try moving the deck "room" away from the main building and see if a frieze appears anywhere.

This thing has been happening to me for years and years and always involves a frieze, whether it's visible or not, pushing my spandrel down.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I had a similar problem recently, but I'm not proficient enough at building to even guess why. I just worked around it.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • eufleufl Posts: 64 Member
    I had the same problem while revisiting a Maxis building in StrangerVille. Like @Xinqun said, it was caused by friezes, and I wasn´t able to get a workaround without removing the friezes, what I didn´t want to. In the end I used trims to cover that particular part of a porch, and although it´s not the ideal solution, it now looks okayish.