Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @AnnoyingTiger
    I missed replying to you as well - once again, the kittens have stolen the show, and my heart. Pumpkin looks like a good mama <3 Also I love that cheek kiss photo with Duane and Astrid. That's one of my favorite romance interactions - I know it's simple, but it's just so sweet.

@Kanindota
    I love the lore you have going for your spellcaster world! Very cool for them to offer up a virtue and a vice, I feel like you could potentially do some really cool storytelling with that (even if it's not specifically for this challenge, but if you keep that tucked away for other spellcasters your play too!) Also I love that first picture you posted of Kat and River through the window - I've never thought to get a screenshot through a window, and it's a really neat effect.

Also looks like both your serial romantics are down on their luck - a trip to Mt. Komorebi might be the perfect distraction and good amount of fun they need to lift their spirits.

@lilypadmeulin
    Such a nice little update, Jenny looks so happy - and you seem so happy too! I'm glad you're back in the groove with this challenge!

Also thank you again for your kind words about my story. And your comment about Mario and Becca and Brittany's families interaction actually gave me a pretty good idea for an update in the distant future haha. Also you will not have to wait long for the baby. That is all I will say :)
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I'm going to do things a bit differently than my usual today and post comments first and then my daily entry later tonight. It's been a bit of a rough day for us so far. Had to take our cat to the vet, he's been sick, losing weight, etc. Plus, my DIL's Grandfather died. I won't get into the details of either one of these sad events. I don't want to depress everyone. Anyway...

Hope y'all are having a good day/night!

@permanentrose
    Seems like things are going a lot better for Jules now, I'm glad. She needed her family, Emmett and Mario for support. Sweet of Hugo to come cook for her. I saw a toddler boy you posted in another thread, if that's their child, he's adorable!

Nope, no screenshots of the townie duels, no point, no connection to them for Essa other than that. In the challenge save, I only control Essa, so it was autonomous. Damon will get what he deserves. The Magic Realm and Glimmerbrook are both beautiful, but the Realm especially. Yes, I like how aspirations work in this iteration. Much easier to fulfil them. It'll be tough getting all those artifacts, but I like collecting so it's all good. Thanks, I'm glad we didn't either!

@lilypadmeulin
    You're welcome, glad that info. was useful for you! :) If your goal is to make simoleans, I'd go with knitting, it's more profitable than the candles and the candles take a lot of time to make too.

Very cool Jenny is Level 6 in Comedy now thanks to the Humor and HiJinks Festivals. Makes sense to sell the second microphone. A greenhouse would be nice for her, save room inside her living area that way for other things she might like to have.

@Kanindota
    Wow, Kat looks like I do if I've stayed up all night. o.O Poor thing. Interesting how Spellcasters in your game offer a virtue and a vice when they go through the rite of ascension. I like that. Makes it seem even more special that way. This line made me laugh, 'Oh check her stack...of plates! I meant plates!' Thanks I needed that! Ah, so Dirk's girlfriends finally decided it wasn't okay for him to date both of them. I wondered how long that would last. Interesting too how your Spellcasters keep their existence unknown unless absolutely necessary to reveal themselves. I like that too!

Hope you're feeling safe and well too.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited March 2021
    Catching up on days of posts!
    @AnnoyingTiger
    For March 10th - So much happened between Judith and the mean to cats lady! And Woohoo! The Pumpkin pouncing picture was great!
    For March 11th- Are you doing the botanist aspiration too? Very cute pictures overall, Pumpkin looks like a proud mama.

@permanentrose
    For Update 70 - Mario actually looked shocked in the first picture lol. Hugo thinking he did it was hilarious. No you don't get that from dreaming it happened! That outfit is great for a pregnant sim by the way.. it looks really pretty. Ut oh, the "feels like coming home" line seems like definite foreshadowing.
    For Upate 71 - I love that hug picture, and enjoyed the way you did this update. There's so much going on for one day .. well all the time really.
    -for me, yes the game generates random outfits for spellcasters in the realm. They are usually pretty good or at least tolerable because it doesn't pick from everything in the game lol. I'll be doing either death for Jules.... it's hard to pick!

@Karababy52
    For March 11 LMAO ... Dad jokes! I love that he helped autonomously I really get a kick out of stuff like that in my game. I can't wait to see what she does to Damon! Congrats on finishing both aspirations too!
    -for me, I like making "starter sims" so it's not really work, just gets to be a do I have time thing. Ohh you gave me an idea of how to kill off a few teens though. I didn't know to not age them up in those states.. I don't play a lot of teens. Sounds like a way to get easy ghosts. I got your preference jotted down! I've never done an overcharge death so sounds good to me!

@Kanindota
    For March 10 I've never heard of bacon pancakes but they sound good! Nice way to manipulate Dirk out of the house too lol. I liked that they had a tame party too lol. Congrats on finishing the Friend of the World Aspiration too!
    For March 11 So by binding Lust does that mean he'll be lustful or he'll try to abstain? Or will more be revealed? Great pictures too. Kat's face looking so sad is almost sweet.. you know?

@Skeilah
    For March 10th and 11th Ohh, so it's a race to find them before they die? More cliff-hangers!

@lilypadmeulin
    For Day 3 It must be summer in your shots. The plants always look so good then. Jenny is making progress!
    For Day 4 I always invite an adult over to help with projects lol, they do them faster that way. Then I just use the send home option lol.
    egTcBMc.png
    edited March 2021
    @Karababy52 I'm really sorry to hear you had a tough day - keeping both the kitty and your family in my thoughts. I hope that things start looking up for you soon.

Also I did have to add briefly too that the toddler in the screenshot thread is not Mario and Jules' child. The toddler I posted there will be making an appearance in the challenge later on though. Mario and Jules' kid needs friends to play with so I was planning ahead haha.
    @Hermitgirl

I think we posted at the same time, so I missed you'd commented as well.
    Me too! I love it when stuff like that happens which just seems so in character for what you've imagined for them. Makes me smile when that happens. I think y'all will like what I have in mind for Mr. Hot Shot Vamp! ;) Thanks! It's nice to have them finished so I can focus on other things Essa needs to do.

Seems like almost all my Sims are 'starter Sims' so I get what you're saying. :) I don't play a lot of teens either, I just read about it in other threads. I spend a lot of time, probably too much, on the forums so I pick up a lot of info I wouldn't otherwise know about life stages I don't play very much. Oh sure, it would be, as long as you can get them in those overly emotional states, or have the time to wait until they're in one on their own. Okay, cool. I've never had a Sim die from overcharge either. Hopefully I never will! o.O I'm very careful about discharging my Spellcasters if they get too close to being overcharged. Sims very rarely die in my saves unless from old age.
    @permanentrose

Thank you, I appreciate it! Ah, okay, thanks for letting me know. Good idea planning ahead for playmates.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,913 Member
    @Karababy52 , sorry to hear about your cat , and the loss in your family. All my best wishes to you and your family.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    March 12 Double, Double..
    m0rXi7U.png
    I hear parts of the Song of the Witches over and over in my head when I'm making potions in the game and I was definitely thinking it for the daily shot. I moved Melody out since she made it to the same level as the rest of the teens. Eventually I'll roll back to them but will be in no hurry. Roxanne is making excellent plentiful needs potions whenever she makes them .. maybe it's because she has perfect apples? Anyway.. it's time to start sipping them potions! I'll start having her practice a lot more now.
    pixouDw.png
    egTcBMc.png
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited March 2021
    February (Wednesday): Day 23: 'The Plumbobs' Band Practice

jazz-up-the-place-rev.png
    Another school day, and Sakura came home and tended her garden in the rain. Sakura hoped that the rain would soon end and that the weather would be great for their first gig. Sakura liked working in her garden, and it seemed that sometimes she thought she saw some sparkles, but when she drew close, it seemed like they flew away. In fact, sometimes she could hear the flowers talk to her. She figured it was just her imagination.

applying-mite-powder-for-her-bees.png

Even with all the band auditions and preparations for the gig, Sakura had a deep sense of sadness. It was almost the end of the month, and there was still no letter from Kiyoshi, and when she watched the news reports, they were doing reports on other members of the Olympic Snowboard Team.

the-light-flew-away.png

Sakura thought about Kiyoshi and hoped that there was some explanation as to why he wasn't writing to her, and not what she feared the most. That those news reports were indeed true and he had gotten back together with Kaori and forgotten about her. As she tended the flowers and thought about Kiyoshi, a tear rolled down her cheek and landed on a flower petal. She thought she saw that sparkle in the garden again, but when she blinked, it was gone.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After the auditions, Sakura and Sofia had discussed the band members and decided who they wanted to do what. They then split the calling between them, and notified all of the band members that they had been accepted into The Plumbobs band, and that there would be a rehearsal tonight.

gathering-of-the-band.png

Promptly at 7pm, all the band members showed up. Astrid had also brought her cat, Pumpkin, to rehearsal, and everyone was wanting to hold and pet Pumpkin. Astrid had no worries about Pumpkin being accepted by the other band members.

ASTRID-BROUGHT-HER-CAT-PUMPKIN-TO-REHEARSAL.png

Before they started, Sofia asked Melody if she could play a piece on the violin. Melody was happy to do so, and Sofia was rather impressed with her playing.

listening-to-melody.png

Melody: "I had a lot of classical music training when I was younger, but really find that I love to play the Blues the best. Piano, Guitar and violin are great to play this genre, but I also want to learn the saxophone. I just haven't had time to get around to that instrument."

Sofia and Sakura quickly conversed after Melody's piece, and then made an announcement.

Sakura: "Jules, you know that synthesizer the best, so we're putting you on that; Melody, we really feel that you are stronger on violin, so that is what you will play; Tessa, we're going to pair you with Melody and she can show you some tricks for fine-tuning your violin playing."

sofia-talking-to-roxanne.png

Sofia: "Roxanne, both your singing and bass guitar auditions were exceptional, and I think that we sound great together, so bass guitar for you, and we are both acting as back-up singers."

Sakura: "Astrid, Sofia and I didn't feel that your violin playing was as strong as Tessa's, but your voice...now that is something else. We feel that you would be best suited for lead singer."

Sofia: "And finally Jenny, even though you were great on your guitar audition, we only need two guitarists. But your voice, the emotion in your voice when you sang that ballad, I almost had tears in my eyes myself. Paired with Astrid's voice, I think that the two of you will be great as lead singers."

Sakura: "I have some exciting news! We have our first gig this weekend. So, I thought we could come up with some songs to practice and see how we do..."

Sofia: "Sakura, what about that song you were working on...is it finished?"

Sakura: "Er...no, not quite, I was having some problems with the right lyrics and sound..."

Roxanne: "Could we hear a bit of it...maybe we could help..."

Sakura sat down at the piano and sang the song until the part she had ended off on.

YOU-HAVE-A-GREAT-VOICE.png

Astrid: "Wow! Sakura! Why do you need us as singers when you can sing like THAT?"

Sakura smiled, "Well, I am not as confident as you are on stage, Astrid, and the thought of singing in front of a large group of sims makes me nauseous just thinking about it..."

Jules: "That song is fantastic. I have an idea that we could use the synthesizer to do some pounding back beats...like a drum...like this..." she said as she turned some knobs and worked the slider while playing the keyboard.

Roxanne: "I think we should have a bass line before you start to sing...to kind of set the mood...and then I think Jules should come in..."

Tessa: "And at the chorus, the violins should come in...that would sound really great..."

Melody: "Jenny could harmonize on the chorus..."

Jenny: "We should give it a try, even if it's not finished yet..."

Sakura thought that would be fine and handed the lyrics to Astrid.

Sofia: "Are we ready? Let's do this!"

LETS-DO-THIS.png

Roxanne starts with the bass line, and Sofia plucks the strings to the same beat on the guitar.

THE-GUITARS-START.png

Jules starts the back beats. This was sounding really good so far,

thump-thump-jules.png

Astrid: "I'm in like with you...Not in love with you...quite yet...."

what-is-love-astrid.png

Astrid: "My heart's beginning to...slightly overrule...my head..."

Jenny comes in on the chorus to harmonize, ""Oh no! Oh no! My self-control..."

hey-hey-jenny.png

Melody and Tessa come in on strings for the chorus.

AND-THE-VIOLINS.png

They continue until the part where Sakura stopped.

Sofia: "Sakura, that is an amazing song. You need to finish that for the gig..." Everyone shook their heads in agreement.

Astrid had picked up Pumpkin, and Pumpkin let out a "MEOW!"

I-THINK-PUMPKIN-AGREES-THAT-WE-SHOULD-GIVE-IT-A-GO.png

Astrid: "I think Pumpkin agrees, too." she laughed.

Sakura, "Well, I can try, but why don't we practice some songs that are actually finished first..." she said with a laugh.

teh-plumbobs-performing.png

The Plumbobs practiced for two hours straight and then it was time for everyone to head home.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sakura stayed at the piano working on her song, writing and crossing out lyrics...when she heard a knock on the door. It was Wolfgang and she invited him in.

Wolfgang: "Sakura, I know you are busy getting ready for the gig, but my little brother has been pestering me to ask you when you are coming to our house for dinner...."

I-CANT-BELIEVE-HE-REMEMBERED-THAT.png

Sakura: "Oh my gosh! I forgot all about that. I met your little brother at the Homework Helpers club at the library. I can't believe he was serious about that and that he remembered."

WOULD-YOU-LIKE-TO-COME-FOR-DINNER.png

Wolfgang: "Yeah, he told me all about it. So, I was wondering, if you are free tomorrow night, would you like to come over for dinner to my house? It would just be casual, Me, My Mom, my little brother, Lucas, and my older brother, Gunther. I mean, I am asking on behalf of Lucas, of course..."

I-THINK-I-CAN-COME-OVER.png

Sakura smiled at Wolfgang: "Sure, I'd love to come for dinner, as long as it's no problem for your Mom."

Wolfgang: "Oh no, my Mom loves to cook, and is always making lots of food."

Sakura said she could bring something for dessert. Wolfgang thought that was a good idea. He looked around the room and noticed some song sheets and crumpled up pieces of paper, "Are you working on a song?"

Sakura: "Oh that...yeah...but I am having nothing but problems. The band members were hoping I would finish it for the gig, but I don't think I can..."

Wolfgang: "Do you want some help...maybe I could give you some ideas..."

you-have-an-amazing-voice-sakura.png

Sakura: "Well, that would be great. I could probably use a fresh approach to this." Sakura explained to Wolfgang how the song started and the ideas the other band members came up with and then played and sang the song for him until the part she got up to, "...and that is where I am stuck..."

Wolfgang: "Sakura, I never knew you could sing like that. You have a real soulful voice...it's...um...something else...you should sing this song once you finish it...I don't think Astrid could make it sound like you did..."

maybe-i-can-help.png

Sakura looked up at Wolfgang: "Thanks, Wolfgang...but I really can't sing in front of a crowd...I just get butterflies in my stomach...and I just can't describe it...but, no, Astrid will do a great job on this song..."

Wolfgang: "Maybe you'll feel differently once you finish it. You know, you just need to take a deep breath, and then focus on something in that audience, and just sing. And I do have some suggestions...why don't you change this to..." as he sang the verse for her.

practicing-the-song.png

Sakura: "Talk about a wake-up call! Wolfgang, YOU have an amazing voice! I'm almost sad now that I agreed to Sofia's suggestion of going with an all-girl group, because you would definitely be in the band."

Wolfgang: "What are you talking about? I am in the band. I'm a roadie!" he laughed.

Sakura chuckled at his comment. Sakura and Wolfgang worked on the song the rest of the night, finishing with giving it a run through.

Sakura"And that's a wrap. Oh my gosh, Wolfgang. How can I ever repay you for helping me finish this song? The band members are going to be so excited to perform this. Thank you so much."

THANKS-WOLFGANG-FOR-YOUR-HELP.png

Wolfgang: "Well, just promise me that you won't be late for dinner, or Lucas will be hounding me all night."

Sakura smiled at Wolfgang and gave him a hug, "I promise."

And with that Wolfgang had to leave and Sakura said she will see him tomorrow night.

EXCITED-ABOUT-SAKURA-COMING-FOR-DINNER-TOMORROW-NIGHT.png

Wolfgang: "Woot! She's coming for dinner!" he said as he did a little jump in the air and then headed down the path towards the ferry.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

As part of the group, I had set the outfits to rocker, but the problem is that the group members keep changing outfits autonomously. These are randomly-generated outfits. But, for the actual performance, they will be having "set" outfits, so they won't keep changing throughout the evening.

Sakura's song is "Who Knows", by Natasha Bedingfield, 2007, song from the movie 27 Dresses.
    edited March 2021
    @Karababy52 I get lazy in the screenshot thread sometimes and don't give much context and I have been known to post spoilers for this challenge there, so I see now how that would be confusing haha!

@Hermitgirl I really loved that post I found too for Dell, Bex, and Jules. It just really warmed my heart. After creating so much drama around all this, I was ready for things just to fall into place for her, and that screenshot made a nice daily photo for that. Also I appreciate that you picked up on that line about her hugging Emmett - foreshadowing indeed :)

Also I just saw you posted, perfect timing before I hit the post button myself. I will start by saying what a fantastic daily photo, looks like a fun time! That's cool that gardening quality may affect your potions! I love little stuff like that.
    @Ellupelluellu
    Thank you so much! Squiffy will hopefully be okay now. They gave him a steroid shot to hopefully help him gain his weight back. We'll have to see how it goes and hope it's not another underlying issue they said could be possible! Cross your fingers! 🀞

A death in the family is never easy, but these days it's especially sad when family can't be with them because of the pandemic. He didn't die from that though. At least he was able to see a video of everyone yesterday that his Granddaughter made. It made him happy to see them that way at least. Not the same, but it was something. Anyway, sorry, didn't mean to go into depressing details. Thanks again though for your best wishes, very much appreciated! *Hugs* <3
    @Hermitgirl

I've never heard that Song of the Witches before. Is it from a movie? Very cool Roxanne is making excellent Plentiful Potions now. Essa made several batches, all excellent too. However, she bought her's from the market stall in Caster's Alley and they were just normal. Must've been another factor the the high quality of Essa's potions. Love the screenshots! Glad Melody is now at the level of everyone else! Go Melody!

@SoulGal7

What a great first rehearsal for the band! Loved seeing everyone together like that playing and having fun. I imagine you had to turn the sound off though. o.O Would be nice if they actually could play as a band eh?

So sweet how Wolfgang helped Sakura write the rest of her song! Love that she's having dinner with his family and that it was his little brother's idea. We all know it's a date though. ;) So cute how excited Wolfgang is over Sakura coming to dinner. He really is a rather nice Sim. I wish now I hadn't deleted him in my custom template saves. Seriously thinking about getting him back now. Thanks for showing his softer side. :) Great update!
  • AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    000-13.png
    028-9.png
    - Info & Index.
    - Day 17 full album.

Reply in a bit c:
    ΰΈ…^β€’ο»Œβ€’^ΰΈ… Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ΰΈ…^β€’ο»Œβ€’^ΰΈ…
    ntlW6ly.png
    edited March 2021
    March - Day 12: "You dare to darken MY doorstep?"

wwUlipy.png

Notes
    qU4lwio.png
    While fishing at the creek crossing near her lot, Essa watched a vampire speed by headed down the trail directly to her house. She was a distance away, but could still hear a soft knock on the front door. Smiling to herself, she thought perhaps this would be the perfect opportunity to test the Morphiate spell and the Spectral Reach perk. Would it work so far away?

TCwqZPF.png
    Lilith had no idea what was about to happen.

LgPpH2z.png
    "Morpheus vamcactipire HUZZA!"

o7B6Xwu.png
    *GASP* "What the...!?"

S3dIJ87.png
    *POOF*

zFNcDlE.png
    (Oh man, I have to go see if that worked!)

lnPcBwd.png
    (Oh My God! It did! Holy Simoly!)
    *gigglesnort*
    (I wonder how long it'll last?)
    (Good thing I have more than one door.)

9UDNqcj.png
    "Huh? Whoa!"

GOfkfcq.png
    (Okay, okay, fine, I get it. Message received loud and clear. Never coming back here again, that's for sure)

DYUMD3L.png
    (Hmm, a couple hours. Not bad. I guess.)

z4lXq6y.png
    Essa transportalated to the other fishing spot in Glimmerbrook after that and continued her relaxing weekend. The Morphiate spell and Spectral Reach had been a complete success! It would be a great spell to start 'Operation Geld Damon.'

YJmHDtZ.png
    Essa spent the rest of the weekend just doing a variety of relaxing activities including digging up some collectibles.

3dXoaTw.png
    Sending naughty texts back and forth with Josh.

577tlsU.png
    Fish and Chips at the bar.

gH29xrL.png
    Tending her garden.

wNWe7Bq.png
    And visiting the Realm where she found another fishing spot she didn't know was behind HQ.

4e40r8J.png
    Thank goodness for the Plentiful Needs potion. It came in very handy when Essa wasn't quite ready to leave the Realm.

VspwAiU.png
    (Ooo, got another one!)
    (Nope, a rose. I don't need any roses though. Meh, I'll use it for bait.)

She caught a Rainbow fish with the rose and is now only one fish away from completing the Angling Ace aspiration. After awhile, the potion wore off. Since she was tired and had school in the morning anyway, Essa decided not to waste another potion and went home to get some sleep.

b4iHheM.png
    (Ugh! How much longer do I have to go to school? I'm SOOOO sick of it!)

Just a couple more weeks!
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    *Updated my March 12th post above! Kind of a filler update, but Essa did learn some valuable information and had a relaxing weekend. She deserved it! Hope all of you have a relaxing weekend too! <3
    @AnnoyingTiger

Who's the Dude annoying Astrid? Is that the premade Merman? Aww, Mama and babies snoozing away. Nice that Duane came over for a visit. Oh gosh I love that paddleboat, looks like you do too! :) hehe Kittens are so playful! I'm glad you're keeping them! Oh cool, Tessa invited her over! They must be pretty good friends by now. Was Astrid bummed about the low quality Simi? Very sweet Duane wanted to cheer her up. Aww... Uh, uh, uh Pumpkin, not for kitties! :D Who were the couple on the beach? That lady looks like she's about ready to pop! o.O Great update! :)
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    March 12
    sFrpJdu.png

Bryons Diary
    The four of us arrived at the base. So, this is where my β€˜father’ used to work...

2ZkZeGz.png
    (Gage) β€œWell then, I’ll go inβ€”β€œ

7NtOLsT.png
    (Jess) β€œWait!”
    (Gabbie) β€œWhy does he have to wait?”
    (Bryon) β€œSomething may be wrong with the doorknob. Don’t ever touch a door with your bare hands.”

GQQdHvX.png
    (Gabbie) β€œWhat?”

S1g9ann.png
    (Jess) β€œBacteries, Gabbie. Bacteries!”

fjUQr0o.png
    (Bryon) β€œOr that father of mine put a curse on that doorknob.”

EAWyW8X.png
    (Gabbie) β€œNow that would be pretty smart.”
    (Bryon) β€œI know. Watch out.”

ErVGSyc.png
    (Bryon) β€œDecursify!!”

I tried casting a curse removing spell on the door. I basically know all the spell names, I just need to check if I can actually do them.

2AefVlY.png
    (Jess) β€œDo you think that helped?”
    (Bryon) β€œNo clue… Guess we’re about to find out.”

1x4VOzj.png
    But before someone had the chance to say something, Gage took the doorknob and went through the door.

Fo0f38G.png
    (Gabbie) β€œGage! You okay?”
    (Gage) β€œYeah, I think I am.”

k5WqGU9.png
    The rest followed.

(Jess) β€œIt’s so empty in here... But I think this room is safe.”
    (Bryon) β€œGuess you’re right. So, Gabbie, Gage. Where to go now?”

7O7B21w.png
    (Gage) β€œWe have to go through that door. There’s the upstairs, which goes to Isaius’ desk, and downstairs, which goes to the basement.”

u2qzV4Q.png
    (Bryon) β€œWe should split up. Jess and Gage, I suggest that the two of you go take a look upstairs. Gabbie, we’re going to the basement.”

(Jess) β€œYes, sir!”

B97tF8l.png
    And so, that's what we did.

To be continued...
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    March 13
    LPgjN9h.png
    Gabbie and I go down the stairs. The door right in front of us is wide open. There was someone standing in the room.. Someone I didn't really want to see.

(Gabbie) β€œUh-oh. This doesn’t seem too good.”

gmF68gE.png
    (Isaius) β€œI guess you found your way, Gabbie and Gage. I’m impressedβ€”β€œ

us1qdA6.png
    He turns around, just to see me instead of Gage.

(Isaius) β€œWell well. Who do we have here? That’s a nice surprise.”
    (Bryon) β€œI don’t think I feel the same way, father. Or should I say… Curse?”

NZGraYr.png
    (Isaius) β€œAutch, that hurts my heart, son…. Oh, wait. I don’t really have a heart. Ha-ha-ha!”

oLBoNDg.png
    (Isaius) β€œSo, you finally know what I really am. Are you disappointed?”
    (Bryon) β€œNo, I’m actually relieved to know that the person who ruined my life wasn’t an actual person. Where’s my real father?”

jbkgDT0.png
    (Isaius) β€œI thought Gabbie would’ve told you already… I actually saw her talking with him yesterday.”
    (Bryon) β€œGabbie, is that true?”

ekPXhSv.png
    (Gabbie) β€œEhm…”
    (Isaius) β€œSo you really didn’t knew. I’m glad I could help you. You see, he was able to get out of my lock-up curse and somehow he came in contact with Gage and Gabbie. Do you mind to fill Bryon in?”

4P04Aew.png
    (Gabbie) "Well..."
    (Bryon) β€œStop it, father. Gabbie can fill me in when she wants to. We’re the ones that have business together. Leave her out of this.”
    (Isaius) β€œI guess you’re right. You know, I’m actually super happy to see you here today, Bryon. Turn around for a second.”
    (Bryon) β€œWhy should I? So that you can attack me?”

Sq2QMHa.png
    (Isaius) β€œNo no, nothing like that. Look, just follow me when I walk to the other side of the room. You’ll believe me when you see it.”

Gqmiw5H.png
    I indeed kept following him with my eyes. He went to stand in front of a window and there I saw… My mother… She was helping another woman who didn’t look too well.

mq73nxe.png
    (Bryon) β€œWhat did you do…?”
    (Isaius) β€œNothing, really. I just locked them up here. Just like I locked you up, until I got bored of you. Do you know how bored you were? It’s no fun trying to keep someone locked up when they literally do nothing anymore. That’s why I freed you. So I could see if you would become interesting again… And oh, you sure are much more interesting now.”

BZtpX6T.png
    (Bryon) β€œWhy did you lock them in the first place?”
    (Isaius) β€œThe woman in green was my latest wife. We were partners in crime, she fell in love with me, I just went with the flow… But one day, she came to me, saying that she was pregnant and wanted to start a family. I already made that mistake once, and I really didn’t want to make that mistake again. For your mother… I just thought it would make following you and Johnny more interesting. Thank Johnny for leading me to her. Without him, I would have never found her.”

jo8krnl.png
    (Bryon) β€œYou’re a monster!!”

1ojviVU.png
    (Isaius) β€œWell actually, I’m a curse, but thank you. I take that as a compliment. Anyways, I’d love to talk some more… But I have a building to bulldoze. It was nice meeting you again, Bryon.”
    (Gabbie) "What? Bulldoze?!"

ocopz9x.png
    Isaius disappeared with a magic spell... And indeed.. Suddenly the entire building started to move.

8jNv65t.png
    (Gabbie) β€œOh no, he’s going to make the building collapse!!”
    (Bryon) β€œFrick. I have to save my mom and that other woman... But Jess and Gage are still upstairs too…”

To be continued...
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    March, Day 5

03-13-21_11-10-13_AM.png?width=513&height=410

03-13-21_11-03-17_AM.png?width=513&height=410

Jenny has her greenhouse! I'm so happy - I'm going to keep building it up, and I'm going to start saving up so that in the next world, Jenny can have a second floor house. Heck, at this rate she might be able to just buy a house outright! But her garden is now bringing in a very happy amount of money.

03-13-21_11-05-55_AM.png?width=513&height=410

She can also knit socks now, which is good. I've listed her first pair on Plopsy, and I intend to get this skill building as fast as I can!

03-13-21_11-14-19_AM.png?width=513&height=410

Our favourite neighbour, Megumi, dropped by and gave Jenny some dried jerky (thanks, I guess) as well as chatting with her for a bit. Unfortunately she picked the worst time, as Jenny was having a mood swing and was EXTREMELY embarrassed for some reason.

03-13-21_11-16-57_AM.png?width=513&height=410

Finally, with the proceeds of the garden, I expanded our greenhouse room! It looks so good!
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    @SoulGal7

I loved seeing the Plumbobs perform a song that I remember SO well from watching that movie. It's a lot of fun, and I just adored seeing Jenny in that outfit! Also, Wolfgang is adorable, I really like how you write him. I'll be watching very closely to see what happens in your story.

@permanentrose

I'm definitely back in the groove! I'm waiting for my plants to be ready to evolve, but Jenny's Freelance Botanist Aspiration is going to be a good time for all. I'm thinking that giving her the Frugal trait would be a good idea, because she's going to be getting a lot of bills over the course of this challenge.

Again, I look forward to seeing the baby!

@Karababy52

Very sorry to hear about the loss in your family and your cat, you have my condolences and sympathies.

I can't wait for Damon to get his comeuppance! Essa's really suited to life in Glimmerbrook, and I love the storyline you've got going for her. Poor Lilith, lol, being her guinea pig for whatever vengeance she has planned for Damon.

Jenny is doing well with knitting, and I'm really hoping things go well with Plopsy. Candles are one thing, but knitting does bring in income faster, I think, because the skill levels up quicker as far as I can see? Or maybe I'm mistaken, but it's a lot more fun!

@Skeilah

THIS IS SO GOOD! 'Curse' is an absolutely horrible person and I really hope that Bryon is able to save his mother, the other woman, AND his friends. It's so good!

@Hermitgirl

Jenny really has come a long way, and you're right - it's summer! My seasons are set to be pretty long, for the most part, but right now it's sunny and wonderful.

Update 72 - It's a ....

O8GYGnq.png

Notes:
    It was Love Day, and also the Festival of Light! I thought it was sweet that they coincided in my game, especially since it's an "anniversary" or sorts for Jules and Lydia. Though Jules was nearing her due date, she decided she could risk going out still, so she and Lydia went on a date to the festival.
    whA4ykR.jpg

"This is where we had our first kiss," Jules smiled at her.
    sDSJSLb.jpg

Lydia thought it would be sweet to commemorate the moment with a kiss that definitely rivaled their first one.
    SSTv4Au.png
    OZqeqRx.png

But as Lydia swung Jules back around, Jules got a funny expression on her face.
    1cruMVh.png
    cffQAmi.png

"Jules, is everything okay?" Lydia asked with apprehension as Jules placed her hands on her rounded stomach.
    JK8vtXF.png

"Uh, well, I think my water just broke..." Jules replied, looking down at the puddle pooling beneath her feet
    8SdUVbi.png

(Lol, one of my mods actually will give sims a "water breaking" puddle when they go into labor, pretty hilarious :D)

BMIA7h3.png

Jules called Mario...
    45265Yd.png

...who was out on a Love Day date with Becca.
    htdrOq1.png

"Oh, it's Jules, I should probably get this - sorry."
    MqmViWL.png

No long conversation necessary - it's go time!
    eJHu0l6.png

"Sorry, Becca, Jules is in labor - I gotta go."
    rzTJqEt.png

New dad panic run lol
    tLBNCxV.png

Meanwhile, Lydia and Jules had safely arrived at the hospital.
    45OYN9p.png

"You got this, babe."
    m66NWDW.png

Dr. C came in to check on things.
    Mz8nq7Y.png

Mario arrived then and was hit without a bout of pre-natal panic.
    COYYeEU.png
    1k1a3Ny.png

And Dell showed up shortly afterwards as well.

"I'm really scared," Jules admitted, her bottom lip trembling. Dell pulled her into a tight embrace and tried to offer her best assurances.
    R0wiXQn.png

Then it was just an agonizing waiting game.
    ZtFDjMU.png
    TA4ZDJ0.png

Until it was finally time...

Dell and Lydia went out in the waiting room as to not crowd Jules too much in the delivery room. It was about 3am by now, and both of them ended up nodding off.
    DSLNIHa.png
    VowrGoV.png

Meanwhile...

"Alright, Jules," Dr. C spoke in a calm, soothing tone. "It's time..."
    YyXZKfi.png

And very soon, a tiny cry rang out in the room. Dr. C smiled, holding the infant in her arms. "It's a girl."
    V18tOrn.png

They are both already so in love 😍
    U6Q53GL.png
    (Also I am so in love with this screenshot, and just a tiny bit sad they are not actually a couple anymore since it would make it just that much cuter if they were. Anyway, babies can't actually be posed, since they are objects, but by the power of the MOO cheat, I was able to create a little illusion haha)

After getting Mario and Jules settled into a room, Dr. C went to update Lydia and Dell and told them they could go up and see them.
    CDLQyix.png

Mario had already passed out almost immediately.
    fI81F0U.png

"Oh my goodness, she's beautiful," Dell gushed. "Does she have a name yet?"
    L1rWkNy.png

Jules nodded. "Her name is Ruby. Mario's been coming up with lists for weeks, and we both liked that one best for a girl - even though I was convinced she was going to be a boy," she chuckled a little, but then her face became more serious. "And her middle name is Louise - after Mom," Jules' throat tightened a bit as she thought of her departed parents, her emotions already heightened from an exhausting, sleepless night.

zUEp9OQ.png
    FSnMhUf.png

"You should get some sleep," Lydia told her. "I have to stop home to get a change of clothes and let Mochi out, but I'll be back later."

Dell needed to go home as well, but said she and Sofia would be back later in the afternoon too. A nurse came in shortly to take Ruby to the nursery, and Jules and Mario both got a bit of sleep.

After getting some rest, they walked down to the nursery together, spotting Ruby among the other babies.

Mario turned to look at her, a smile spanning across his face and the world feeling surreal in this moment. "That's our baby."
    Xn1Ta16.png

---
    I did not mean to make Jules gives birth on Love Day, but I was sending @Skeilah screenshots while I played and then we were joking about Jules going into labor in that very moment, and then I was like, why not, lol? :joy:

Extra photo
    I had autonomy turned off for this whole staged birthing process, but as soon as I turned it back on, Jules decided to do some push-ups LOL. Gotta start shedding that baby weight immediately :joy:

XUCwZ6R.png
    @permanentrose - Update 72 -
    I wanted to say that the last 3 chapters were exceptional. I really loved how you progressed through this one, and I think it might have been that hot, passionate kiss from Lydia that put Jules into labor! hehehe I think that Becca on the date with Mario did look sad. She knows that her life will change now, as Mario is now a Dad. He will forever be tied to Jules. Even though Becca and Jules are friends, I think Becca still feels kind of weird about the situation. And then the hospital run, and the pre-parental panic on Mario's part. That always cracks me up. At least he stayed at the hospital. And a lovely baby girl, named Ruby - love the name...and the middle name of her mother. Oh, Jules...so sad... Nice shot of Mario and Jules and nooboo. Mario seems better now and has accepted that he's a Dad, and doesn't seem angry with Jules anymore. Love that behind-the-scenes shot of Jules doing some push ups after the birth! lol Just a lovely chapter. :)
    edited March 2021
    @Karababy52 - Sorry to hear about your cat and hope he (she?) is all better now. And my sympathies to you and your family on the loss of your DIL's Grandfather. So very sorry that you are having some sad events happen. *hugs* to you.

@Karababy52 - March - Day 12 -
    Love this chapter. Such a hoot! Here comes Lilith thinking she is coming for a little snack, and then poof, Essa turns her into a cactus! lol. Yep, you better run Lilith before Essa tries another spell on you. Love the shot of Essa doing that spell...like...whoosh...there it goes! All the shots in the Realm are beautiful. Will Essa be keeping her Spellcaster abilities once she leaves the Realm? Um...yeah...that rose that Essa caught was floated downtreat from Josh...hehehe
    edited March 2021
    @AnnoyingTiger - March 12 - Love all the screenies. I especially love the one of Pumpkin and her kitten on the beach, like she is protecting it. And the last shot of the pregnant lady and the two kittens, it's like these kittens know she's preggers. Astrid looks happier at the end of the day swimming at Duane's house. And I love that paddlewheeler, too, I just love taking screenshots of it. Wow! Astrid certainly went to a few places in a day. Busy Astrid! :)

@Hermitgirl - March 12 - I just love that cover shot! That's fantastic that Roxanne is making excellent potions :)

@lilypadmeulin - March 5 - Jenny's house looks really nice now. Love the little section for the plants in her house. And Megumi coming over giving her dried jerky? Lol Maybe she thinks that Jenny needs to eat some meat or something. lol

March - Day 4 - Congrats for winning at the festival. Yes, get the point for having a microphone in the Jokester category and then sell it for a plant room. :)

@Skeilah - March 12 - They are certainly taking precautions going into that house. A cursed doorknob? Wow! And then they head downstairs...and who is there...as if we didn't know...the curse himself. I was really worried for Bryon because I wasn't sure if Isaius was going to do something to him, or turn him into something while he was there. And then, that wicked curse, shows Bryon his mother, trapped in a room with another lady. And then Isaius disappears and they start feeling the building shake. Noooo!!!! Someone up-top has got to stop Isaius from burying them all. Someone, please save the day! Oh, my gosh...the suspense is killing me...
    edited March 2021
    @SoulGal7
    What a fun update! I was wondering about their outfit changes, so I'm glad you explained that haha. I do have to say it was fun to see Jules in pink though! I tend to give her a very bland wardrobe as far as colors go, so it was nice to see her in something brighter for a change. Also very cute that Pumpkin came - and she stole the show, as usual :) Also I was entertained by the screenshot of Sakura doing her homework in the middle of the practice lol. Don't you just love when they're so determined to do it that they just kneel on the floor wherever they are? :D Also I totally enjoy Jules on the synthesizer - it does seem like a good instrument for her. I'll have to buy her one eventually. I like Astrid as your main singer too, and Roxanne on that guitar yet again is perfect!

Also that was a sweet moment with Wolfgang as well. And so sweet that he helped her with the song and I love that he has a good voice too - it's lovely to see Wolfgang's softer side, and with Kiyoshi further and further out of the picture, I do find I like the idea of Sakura and Wolfgang together. Also, I'm excited for the dinner at the Munch household as well! I do think Mila will like Sakura much more than Megumi lol.

Also a nice little intro as well with the garden, and having Sakura once again reflect on her relationship with Kiyoshi - I am curious about your ultimate plans with their relationship!

And thank you again for your kind words about my updates! I have had a lot of fun with Jules' unexpected pregnancy and the storytelling side of things. I have to admit, I hadn't really thought too much about Becca's reaction to all this, considering her friendship with Jules (which hasn't been addressed much recently since Jules fell off the face of the earth for so long lol), but it definitely gives me some stuff to think about for the future....

@AnnoyingTiger
    Omg that sleeping kitties photo melted my heart. How long until the kittens age up? Will you have to do it manually? Just keep them kittens forever if so :joy: I love the shot of the steamboat too! There are a love of gorgeous details in the Willow Creek. I truly loved exploring that world with Jules - and my main family lives there too. I think it might be one of my favorite worlds honestly. Also so sweet of Duane to invite her over when she's feeling down. Nothing like the beach to cheer you up. Also Pumpkin, so rude to stick her little snoot in all that food, but I can't be mad since she's so cute :D

@Karababy52
    I hope that things are looking a bit up for you today. I saw that you commented that your cat was on steroids now, so I hope that's helping. It's always so sad and scary to have a sick pet since you they can't tell you what's wrong and you never know for sure how they're feeling. And I hope that all the stuff with your DILs mother is going okay and that you can all support each other as best you can during these strange times.

Also filler update or not, this one was great! Let me just say though, if your version of Lilith showed up at my door, I'd be like, you can come in any time you want 😏 LOL. But that was a nice way for Essa to practice her magic so that she's extra prepared for her revenge on Damon. Also loved that little bit about the naughty texts with Josh ;) Can't wait for those two to be officially together. Another update of absolutely stunning screenshots too! I do love seeing your crisp gorgeous game!

@Skeilah
    Nice set up and nice suspense in your updates! I really like the details you've added to the basement prison of Isaius' house - the stark difference between his lavish throne and that horrible little prison he's made for Randi and Kumiko (is that her name? I kind of forget now lol) Also even though it was dramatic when Bryon addressed him as "Curse" I still couldn't help but to laugh a little. I am glad for Bryon that his real dad isn't as awful as this curse version - that would be so terrible be genetically related to that. It gives you an excuse to make someone who is pure evil too - usually villains have some kind of redeemable qualities that make you sympathize with them just a little, but Isaius has nothing, and him being just a cursed shell of a human makes that all make more sense. Even though you've spoiled me on your story, I still felt on the edge of my seat after the end of your second update.

@lilypadmeulin
    The knitting aspiration is one of the harder aspirations I've done with Jules, but it was very satisfying to finish in the end! And I like how useful the stuff is too - Jules knitted basically every baby outfit which she will use for her baby now lol, and she also knitted a lot of other clothes that she can wear, and also decorations as well. So even though it can be time consuming, I really like the stuff you can make with the pack. Also nice that Megumi came for a visit, and your greenhouse is also very nice!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top