Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Kits Backlash incoming

18910111214...Next

Comments

• chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    Naus wrote: »
    to be far the pack we just got was a stuff pack I don't think anybody spent long cheering for stuff packs in any game it was always meant to hold people over and then there's the hope that the thing that comes next will be the thing you want
    in game

SPs (or even EPs) didn't need to do more than that in previous games, because the foundation was rock solid. Even without pets or whether, The Sims 2 and 3 were enjoyable experiences on their own. The Sims 4 doesn't have the foundational elements to keep people engaged for long. It goes beyond content (or something as easily fixable as more trait slots). Huge chunks of the game would need to be rewritten to make it an engaging experience.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Though personally I think Sims 3 was just as guilty. It just had more "stuff" and the open/bigger worlds/broader customisation was a good distraction. I personally look more fondly at Sims 2 base game, without making this a "clash of the Sims base games discussion"! :smile:

A satisfying base game is the key to this, I love DLC and it keeps the game fresh. But I should never have to feel like I'm buying it to fill a gap.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Wow this is my most popular thread so far! :smiley: I wonder if that's a good thing...
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there! FYI, I moved this thread to the Game Feedback section.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    on this i agree 100% and to me these kits should be free and not purchuse at least thats my toughs as a player i bough the 3 first kits but honestly i think these kits should be free add ons to the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • VivarantVivarant Posts: 43 Member
    I'm pretty sure they will ignore the backlash. For me personally I think the packs are great opportunity to introduce more specific or categorized content. Personally i'd love to see more furniture or room packs. Dust bunnies I could live without. Clothes are fine for those who are into that but if they really take time to address needs, packs could be a great way to build in game content. $5 isn't going to send anyone to the poorhouse and it sure beats paying $35 for the one sofa I wanted. Now what they could do is start bundling these packs and not waiting until the majority of simmers have already purchased one or more. They introduced three packs, I bought one. The Country Kitchen one.

The Throwback kit is cute but not really a necessity for me. And Dust bunnies is not the slightest bit interesting to me. However if they were in a bundle I would have bought all the kits.
  • VivarantVivarant Posts: 43 Member
    @SimmerGeorge now I'm curious as to what happened whe Spark'd came out
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    This all happened way before computer games came out.

Our families spent months building kits that came with weekly, monthly magazines just to build a plane or something that could be bought finished at a fraction of the price. One of my brothers even spent his weekly pocket money on every new matchbox toy that came out and he even bought a concrete mixer! It's the fun of being something in process of being built up that's the attraction and money doesn't count for much if you get the addiction.

Those matchbox toys would be worth something these days if we hadn't thrown them away! I feel the same about my original Spectrum and all the games I gave away to charity years' ago, sadly.

Oh wow, you had a real Spectrum?!?? I always found them fascinating! Came across them when I was looking at emulators of various types of computers and consoles. I downloaded an emulator for various Spectrum models and had a lot of fun playing the wide variety of text adventures! I bet you had so much fun with the actual computer!

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    My first computer was a spectrum 45k, then i had a bigger spectrum (i can't remember which). Then... revolution 😁 the olivetti pc. No more cassetes, we had floppy discs...
    Oh my god, the memories... 😊😊
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »
    My first computer was a spectrum 45k, then i had a bigger spectrum (i can't remember which). Then... revolution 😁 the olivetti pc. No more cassetes, we had floppy discs...

I still find computing a bit miraculous and even dust bunnies would be amusing for me if I wanted vacuuming in my game, but I don't so haven't bought the kit. A bit of feedback on what was going wrong for Simmers is ok but not knocking the whole Franchise over a game which has given me so much pleasure over 20 years. It seems a bit ungrateful to me.

Younger Simmers don't know what we older people went through to get this far.
    My earliest computer was the ZX Spectrum 16k and cost £99 from a Sinclair stand in The Ideal Home Show in London, I think. A months salary then! I was so proud of myself when I upgraded it myself to double the power. We had computer parts shops in those days. All those magazines with codes to input to make your own games using the TV to show them. I think Jet Pack was one of my earliest buys and "How to teach yourself QBasic in 21 days" (still got that).

There was so much excitement about being one of the first adopters of computers then and only argument about which machine was best. I miss that.

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

The Spectrum 128K+2? The long, grey model with built-in tape player? I owned one. I loved those days. Taught myself Spectrum Basic and made a few daft games.
    edited March 2021
    calaprfy wrote: »

The Spectrum 128K+2? The long, grey model with built-in tape player? I owned one. I loved those days. Taught myself Spectrum Basic and made a few daft games.

No. That was a more advanced model. I think, inadvertently, I had gone to the show when Sinclair actually first showed off the ZX Spectrum in the UK. An Apple computer was shown off there too, but I couldn't afford that, it was hugely expensive. It must have been in the early 1980s. It must have been in 1982. I was looking at the furniture and ordered a computer instead!

Those codes were difficult to copy from those magazines, especially when they apologized in the next issue for an error in printing them. Getting the TV free to myself was difficult too. We couldn't afford two in those days!
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited March 2021
    Carl is going off lol

Screenshot-2021-03-15-16-18-18-1.png

Some edgy language here but i agree with the sentiment lol. Cant wait for his video to upload.

giphy.gif
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

I still find computing a bit miraculous and even dust bunnies would be amusing for me if I wanted vacuuming in my game, but I don't so haven't bought the kit. A bit of feedback on what was going wrong for Simmers is ok but not knocking the whole Franchise over a game which has given me so much pleasure over 20 years. It seems a bit ungrateful to me.

Younger Simmers don't know what we older people went through to get this far.
    My earliest computer was the ZX Spectrum 16k and cost £99 from a Sinclair stand in The Ideal Home Show in London, I think. A months salary then! I was so proud of myself when I upgraded it myself to double the power. We had computer parts shops in those days. All those magazines with codes to input to make your own games using the TV to show them. I think Jet Pack was one of my earliest buys and "How to teach yourself QBasic in 21 days" (still got that).

There was so much excitement about being one of the first adopters of computers then and only argument about which machine was best. I miss that.

Oh so true!
    I didn't upgrade mine. I just played :) but i remember how my daddy got so crazy about programming. After we bought the 45k he learned basic from books and started programming what today is one of the most used engineering programs in my country. Coding in cassetes... loading over and over... i still remember the loading sound :)
    calaprfy wrote: »

It was the 128k indeed! :) but not the one with buit in tape. The tape was still in a player by the computer :)
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    edited March 2021
    Game Changers are ridiculous. They tell us every time to be grateful, stop complaining, not buy a pack if we don‘t like it… but the second they have to pay for a pack with their own money they are suddenly concerned about the high price and the direction TS4 is going. It confirms my suspicion that their positive reviews are bought by EA.

That's exactly why I stopped watching Youtubers play the game. It's way too commercial now. No one voices their true opinions. It's obvious EA is paying them, and even tells them about the future of The Sims game... They've been dropping "hints" since the release of the game. Basically, their job is to keep us playing the game. It's really tiring to watch.
    p6tqefj
    edited March 2021
    alexandrea wrote: »
    Game Changers are ridiculous. They tell us every time to be grateful, stop complaining, not buy a pack if we don‘t like it… but the second they have to pay for a pack with their own money they are suddenly concerned about the high price and the direction TS4 is going. It confirms my suspicion that their positive reviews are bought by EA.

That's exactly why I stopped watching Youtubers play the game. It's way too commercial now. No one voices their true opinions. It's obvious EA is paying them, and even tells them about the future of The Sims game... They've been dropping "hints" since the release of the game. Basically, their job is to keep us playing the game. It's really tiring to watch.

I tend to not watch the game-changers talking about new packs but do find the hints and actual building ones very useful, especially ones that explain features like terrain building and platform stairs and so on. They come a bit later on!

I did buy the kitchen kit after seeing the varieties of cabinets on YouTube for it though and if someone explained how to actually manage the dust bunnies I might consider buying that.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    alexandrea wrote: »

I tend to not watch the game-changers talking about new packs but do find the hints and actual building ones very useful, especially ones that explain features like terrain building and platform stairs and so on. They come a bit later on!

I did buy the kitchen kit after seeing the varieties of cabinets on YouTube for it though and if someone explained how to actually manage the dust bunnies I might consider buying that.

I watched one of Deligracy doing a starter home tutorial. I was able to follow that and build my first house! So I learned to do something in game I thought I couldn't learn. I am hoping she does more of these.