Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else's game take FOREVER to launch?

ashleyrosey06ashleyrosey06 Posts: 95 Member
It probably has everything to do with the 9GB of CC I have in my game, lol. But whenever I want to play Sims, I can literally launch it, go make food, come back and the window still hasn't even opened.

I decided to time it tonight, and it took about 8 1/2 minutes for the window to even open, then proceeded to sit on a white screen for another 2 minutes before the intro screen finally popped up... Which took another minute to turn to the spinning plumbob.

Does anyone else deal with this or does my laptop just hate me? Haha
In Simlish, we don't say "I love you." We say "Habadu Bashubi", which roughly translates to "I can't move because there is furniture in my way." I think that's absolutely beautiful.• ORIGIN ID: ashleyrosey06 •Ts2 is superior... change my mind ;)
Post edited by ashleyrosey06 on

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    That would scare me and it’s definitely got to do with your CC. I know because when I removed a ton of my CC, my game loaded very quickly. I put them back in and the game took a few minutes to open. I decided I didn’t really need that much CC so I removed them for good and never looked back. Now I only keep a few essentials, mostly accessories, tattoos, and shoes.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Be sure to occasionally clear out your Saves, Screenshots, and Videos folders. My game loads quickly even though I play on a laptop and have a ridiculous amount of cc.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    That would scare me and it’s definitely got to do with your CC. I know because when I removed a ton of my CC, my game loaded very quickly. I put them back in and the game took a few minutes to open. I decided I didn’t really need that much CC so I removed them for good and never looked back. Now I only keep a few essentials, mostly accessories, tattoos, and shoes.

It's definitely got to be the CC because whenever there's a patch update and CC gets disabled, the game launches in under a minute. It's just obnoxious :D I want to clear out some of my CC but I wouldn't even know where to begin because I literally use ALL of it haha!
    In Simlish, we don't say "I love you." We say "Habadu Bashubi", which roughly translates to "I can't move because there is furniture in my way." I think that's absolutely beautiful.• ORIGIN ID: ashleyrosey06 •Ts2 is superior... change my mind ;)
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited March 2021
    Mine has gotten a lot slower after the last two patches. I don't have any CC or mods and I have a gaming laptop, but it takes a lot longer for the game to launch now. It didn't take more than a minute or two before, but now it takes about five minutes.
    Also when I load my save it takes several minutes now instead of the usual 30 sec. The music plays the tune that it usually does when it loads the household but it still continues to load. It's weird, I'm always afraid that the game is frozen and going to crash soon, but luckily it hasn't done it yet.

When the save finally loads there is major lag that lasts about 15-30 minutes until the game becomes playable. This lag issue has been going on for months, probably close to a year now.
  • Options
    Rouensims wrote: »
    Be sure to occasionally clear out your Saves, Screenshots, and Videos folders. My game loads quickly even though I play on a laptop and have a ridiculous amount of cc.

I didn't even think of the screenshots!!! :O :O :O I just checked and my screenshot folder size and it's about 1/4 as big as my Mods folder :s I have a habit of screenshotting every cute/sentimental/memorable moment for my sims... its a real problem, haha! I'll have to copy them to another folder and clear them out and see if that helps!
  • Options
    Kimmer wrote: »
    Mine has gotten a lot slower after the last two patches. I don't have any CC or mods and I have a gaming laptop, but it takes a lot longer for the game to launch now. It didn't take more than a minute or two before, but now it takes about five minutes.
    Also when I load my save it takes several minutes now instead of the usual 30 sec. The music plays the tune that it usually does when it loads the household but it still continues to load. It's weird, I'm always afraid that the game is frozen and going to crash soon, but luckily it hasn't done it yet.

When the save finally loads there is major lag that lasts about 15-30 minutes until the game becomes playable. This lag issue has been going on for months, probably close to a year now.

oh gosh! To hear that even a gaming laptop is struggling makes me feel a little better haha, but that's crazy that it's starting to lag that much! I've noticed that if i have certain programs or too may browser windows open in the background, I have the same problem. But I bet the performance decline does have a lot to do with some of the latest patch updates, I've heard of a lot of people having issues with the game since (including myself... issues that I still have yet to solve -_- ). But mine does the same thing with the little loading tune, but it just sits there on the plumbob screen for a good 15-20 seconds after before actually responding.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I get that too and I have no CC. I get around it by letting it load until it gets to 2000MB on the memory tab on Task Manager, then close it and re-launch it. On re-launch it loads up instantly and I can run it with no issues even with several browser windows open.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited March 2021
    I guess it's your cc, you can try sorting it into more folders, that might help.
    TwistedMexi made a very good video which gives you some tips on how you can organize them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv9MtszTd9Y

I have a lot of CC and other mods and the game loads pretty fine for me...
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited March 2021
    I have a ton of CC and Mods and they are all very neatly organized. But still, my mods folder is 30 GB large soooo, my game takes forever to load, like 10 minutes, not kidding. I don't think anything I do short of removing it all can change that. So I have found that putting anything too deep in my folder causes issues so all of my stuff is only one folder deep. I actually have it organized similarly to how the game itself is organized. This doesn't speed up loading but it does keep my game running smoothly. I also avoid having duplicate items in my game. Here's what part of my folder looks like:

I am definitely going to watch that Tmex video and see if his suggestions can help. Thanks for sharing that @logion.
    Capture.png
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I don’t use mods or CC, but I have all the packs, I play on a gaming laptop, and lately my load times have actually gotten faster.
  • Options
    ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member
    edited March 2021
    Yeah I have the exact same issue. I dont have any mods or CC though, just an old laptop the game has burned through lol
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    So, as I said above, I have a megaton of cc and mods, totaling about 30 GB. I unclicked the box that comes up when you first load the game, the one that lists your mods and cc, so it doesn't load on start-up anymore. My game loaded in 30 seconds. Again, Thanks for sharing that video @logion.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    It probably has everything to do with the 9GB of CC I have in my game, lol. But whenever I want to play Sims, I can literally launch it, go make food, come back and the window still hasn't even opened.

I decided to time it tonight, and it took about 8 1/2 minutes for the window to even open, then proceeded to sit on a white screen for another 2 minutes before the intro screen finally popped up... Which took another minute to turn to the spinning plumbob.

Does anyone else deal with this or does my laptop just hate me? Haha

I have the same problem and I know it's from all the CC I have but I recently culled some of my CC and mods and it helped some. It's a matter of what you use in the game. Is there CC You grabbed but never use. Do you have conflicting mods? etc. Look at what you need to make your game enjoyable for you. Remove the rest.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Every so often I pull all of my screenshots out of documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 and put them in a folder on my external hard drive. That seems to help loading time some and game lag.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited March 2021
    Haven't noticed anything myself. I have about 10GB's worth of CC/mods for my folder and takes about 52 seconds to load up at the start. When I play vanilla it's about 20. Definitely want to consider cleaning out your folder for things you don't need as well as the cache and any temporary files you don't need.

I found that merging CC files is also helpful.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    GenericTownieGenericTownie Posts: 105 Member
    CAS takes longer than usual to load recently. Took mods out and got the same results. Weird and scary 😫
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    edited March 2021
    My computer’s not even that old, but last time I opened my game, it took at least four hours. This was after merging everything I could, moving my screenshots folder to the desktop, clearing my cache and removing at least 2GB of furniture recolours.

EDIT: It usually takes around two hours. No idea why it’d load slower with less CC.
    Post edited by AyKooChao on
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

It's definitely got to be the CC because whenever there's a patch update and CC gets disabled, the game launches in under a minute. It's just obnoxious :D I want to clear out some of my CC but I wouldn't even know where to begin because I literally use ALL of it haha!

I had 9GB in my file aswell the other day, managed to get it down to 3 whilst still keeping all the stuff I need. My best tip is to download sims4studio, go in the My CC section and then just look through all the hairs/clothes/etc and delete the ones that you either don't use or don't use often, there's definitely gonna be some that are "meh" and rarely get touched. Also in file explorer you can filter by size, and then just delete the biggest ones if they're not massively important
  • Options
    GoddessBylineGoddessByline Posts: 281 Member
    My Mods folder is on 428 mb, and I play my game from an external harddrive, since I don't want to weight down my SDD disk.
    The game loads a little slower since I moved it to the external drive, but still loads within a couple of minutes.
    I don't use CC so if you see something in a screenshot of mine, it's from the game.
    EA Account (Gallery) ID: BylineBelife