Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Willow Creek WIP

After not playing the Sims 3 for years and playing the Sims 4 exclusively for the past few years I have been feeling nostalgic for the open world gameplay of the Sims 3. I really love Willow Creek in the Sims 4 and think it is a beautiful world but the biggest disappointment about the world and the Sims 4 in general is the lack of open gameplay. So I felt inspired for the past few days to recreate my version of Willow Creek for the Sims 3. I am currently in the very early stages of world building but so far here is my concept.

Like the Sims 4 Willow Creek I wanted my world to have distinct neighborhood with amenities. I tried my best to be faithful to the Sims 4 EA builds although the majority of the builds will be my own builds. The world will be lush and is inspired by New Orleans and Southern towns. It will be a cross between Twinbrook and Willow Creek. My plans for this world is to eventually upload a unpopulated completed version to the Sims 3 Exchange and later on a save file/populated upload. For the save file I plan on recreating the Sims 4 base game townies as well as townies from the Sims 2 and Sims 3. I also will create my own townies. The world is still in its early stages but I hope you like the pictures!

1. Foundry Cove.

51WkUzV.jpg

This starter neighborhood like the EA original neighborhood features shotgun style homes and is the main starter neighborhood. It is conveniently located on a small island near the town center neighborhood Crawdad Quarter in a swampy part of the world. This neighborhood will feature a community garden, and junkyard.

Here are some of the homes I have built in Foundary Cove so far.

Garden Essence -BFF's House

KlX4Plz.jpg

Streamlet Single

vWKWUAk.jpg

Crick Cabana

THEJLvt.jpg

Daisy Hovel

gbMJiFI.jpg

2. Crawdad Quarter.

gOdWusj.jpg

This is the town center district of Willow Creek. This neighborhood will be a bustling commercial area and will have the majority of the world's rabbit holes, and other community lots. I wanted to add in a good amount of nightlife and other community lots to make this a lively fun place to play in.

Here are some of the lots I have begun in the Crawdad Quarter so far.

Shell for Municipal Muses(Art Gallery)

AaKf7il.jpg

Shell for Willow Creek Archives(Library)

rhFO4uG.jpg

Ella's Cool Karaoke Bar

SEZqiQF.jpg

Willow Creek Cathedral

6FSx0xa.jpg

Movers and Shakers Gym

R2Uvabj.jpg

Blue Velvet Nightclub

0uHwvJF.jpg

3. Sage Estates

eHqBRZ9.jpg

So far this part of the world is empty although began with building the shell of the massive Oakenstead house and I also began building a pier based off of the pier in the Sims 4 neighborhood. This neighborhood will feature stunning views of the ocean and town with the largest residential lots for the town's wealthiest residents. Most of the homes will be traditional in design although I will have a few modern homes including the Spencer-Kim-Lewis mansion. This community will have a few amenities such a a horse ranch, beach, and pier(I have not figured out a function for this lot yet. Suggestions for its use would be great.)

Pier

9zbYKBm.jpg

gxU0tzN.jpg

Oakenstead

1DbsDUn.jpg

Beach and Lighthouse

aXClVjs.jpg

4. Courtyard Lane

PqqfBFG.jpg

This neighborhood will feature homes mostly for middle class to upper middle class residents. It will feature a community garden, and play ground. So far Rindle Rose and the homes in Foundry Cove are some of the few completed lots I have in the world so far.

Rindle Rose

TaxzZf8.jpg

5. Untitled Neighborhood

3ZbUGf2.jpg

This neighborhood I have not named yet. For the time being I am calling it the Garden District but will probably rename it to something more creative later on. This neighborhood will be inspired by New Orleans Garden District. This is an upscale historic neighborhood between the Crawdad Quarter and Courtyard Lane. This neighborhood will feature a riverfront park, the school rabbit hole, a diner rabbit hole, and Magnolia Blossom Park.

I only have one completed home in this neighborhood a colonial cottage house.

KXi8duA.jpg

School Rabbit Hole

h8FtJ3p.jpg

6. Pendula View

gkXJOGj.jpg

This upscale neighborhood is similar in concept to the previous neighborhood. This neighborhood will be the smallest residential neighborhood but will feature plenty of amenities such as a performance park, town cemetery, garden, and fishing hole. So far I have only built the Goth's home Ophelia Villa.

7. Other neighborhoods - Other than the main six neighborhoods the rest of the world will be mostly forested and rural. I might make another starter neighborhood in the countryside. Outside of the main six neighborhoods will be the military base, science facility, and stadium.

Comments

• wineland88Pwineland88P Posts: 599 Member
    Update 1
    I've started building more lots and adding some more environmental objects. I also began an industrial port area between the Crawdad Quarter and Foundry Cove. This area will be where the criminal hideout rabbit hole and converted warehouse lofts and bars will be located.

Parkshore
    CVDhMQv.jpg

Riverside Roost
    6gJbins.jpg

Pique Hearth(Pancakes House)
    y1Ujs8k.jpg

Brook Bungalow
    USiAssY.jpg

I am also reusing some empty shells from my uncompleted world from years ago New Orleans 3.0

Consignment Store/Bar
    VUfItaw.jpg

Exclusive Lounge
    dv3QwoV.jpg

Lastly here are some pics around the world as of now.

Town Aerial View

xnIEi9h.jpg

Foundry Cove

TBYclcO.jpg

Crawdad Quarter Promenade

YmeZh7J.jpg

Sage Estates

fvXbKIq.jpg
  • AsmodeusesWifeAsmodeusesWife Posts: 240 Member
    Looks great so far. :)<3
    Its better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that
    you're stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt.
    asmodeuseswife.blogspot.co.uk/
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,992 Member
    Looks really nice @wineland88P! I'm looking forward to you finishing this one. Too bad you can't include all of those buildings that were part of the distant terrain in the original version. Than again, even if you had the room, and didn't have to worry about the massive lag they would cause, it would make the project take much longer, so may be its just as well.
    edited January 2021
    Damienf519 wrote: »
    Looks really nice @wineland88P! I'm looking forward to you finishing this one. Too bad you can't include all of those buildings that were part of the distant terrain in the original version. Than again, even if you had the room, and didn't have to worry about the massive lag they would cause, it would make the project take much longer, so may be its just as well.

Thank you for your comment! For my Willow Creek project I think I can finish it although it will be a long term passion project. When I tried making my New Orleans world years ago I ended up being overly ambitious and ended up not finishing it only uploading a beta version full of empty shells. Now I have a better building style in the sims and have a pretty clear concept of where I want to go. It helps I have a lot of shells of a kind of southern/new orleans style already which would go perfectly into this world. I agree a major concern of mine is making the world too large for performance issues. The world at the moment is large as it is and to avoid lag I am trying to restrain myself from adding too much. I started to place trees in my world and find it is good filler and also makes the world look more realistic. I hope this world will reimagine how Willow Creek might have been if the Sims 4 had Sims 3 open gameplay. I hope to integrate the open gameplay features of the Sims 3 with a Sims 4 inspired aesthetic in this world. It really is a life saver there is create a style in Sims 3 so I can at least approximate the aesthetic from the Sims 4 even if the items in the games are different.
    Looks great so far. :)<3
    Thank you!
    Update 2

I've begun more builds and have mostly focused on Sage Estates and Pendula View Neighborhoods.

1. Pendula View

a9o5Dov.jpg

Cemetery

ACIPket.jpg

Fishing Spot

VB7JJsR.jpg

Umbrage Manor

X0eLkrl.jpg

2. Sage Estates

Cypress Terrace
    pdIuucT.jpg

5oisucx.jpg

3. Garden District

Southern Colonial Mansion
    GHc2FAW.jpg

• tutifruity6644tutifruity6644 Posts: 878 Member
    this is really beautiful i will download it when its rrady i cant wait
    Screenshot-2022-02-26-at-02-01-45.png
    💛🤍 Tai (iel en français / they/them in english) 💜🖤
    edited January 2021
    Update 3
    I started a bit more builds and I also have been thinking more of the world lore.
    I have been thinking more of the lore of the save file of the world. I plan on having Willow Creek have a timeline after the Sims 3 and have it set approximately to the Sims 2 Pleasantview timeline but I will also have Sims 4 townies from Willow Creek with Sims 3 Sunset Valley townies. Some of the Sims 2 Pleasantview families I am thinking of returning are the Broke family, Dreamers, Caliente sisters and Don Lothario. I will bring in aged up versions of Mortimer Goth and Bella Goth who will be a couple with their children Cassandra and Alexander. In my timeline I am having the Goths be close in age to their Sims 2 selves although I do not have a Bella disappearance storyline in my save file. I am going to have Malcom Landgraab grown up in my save file who will now be married to Holly Alto. I wanted to have a kind of Veronaville forbidden love narrative and create a narrative that these newlyweds wanted to move away from Sunset Valley to Willow Creek to escape the family drama between their families.

Harbor Area

One of the builds I have is a set of converted warehouse loft apartments. I plan on having Don Lothario and Caliente sisters live in these condos in the harbor district.

AHNM8Ge.jpg

fNPDaUt.jpg

Arh94YA.jpg

I also made a cheap studio apartment complex in the same harbor district area

oAlXuCA.jpg

Crawdad Quarter

I also have been starting the elixir store which I am calling Friends from the Other Side. Other than Sims influences I was also inspired by the film Princess and the Frog and thought this place would be a nod to that film. I plan on having this be a voodoo/supernatural inspired lot and I might even have a hidden tomb in the basement.

ejFrT0s.jpg

I also began building a shell for a beauty salon

unmbon7.jpg

I also began making some country fields in the outskirt of town.

bL9TE9r.jpg

4ms0fds.jpg

I also added another fishing spot

AXg6NhQ.jpg

Garden District/Magnolia Blossom Park area
    I built this colonial home that I plan on having for Agnes Crumplebottom. In my save file I plan on having a narrative that she moved to Willow Creek with the Goths from Sunset Valley to have a fresh new start. In my save file I plan on having Agnes get either remarried or is a single mother of two children.
    lGJ4nHB.jpg

I also started building Victorian home shells.

o744ju9.jpg

RqjvEMn.jpg

kN1mULG.jpg

Lastly here are some aerial pics of the world

wftNGlC.jpg

4ms0fds.jpg

• Emusimmer32Emusimmer32 Posts: 257 Member
    Looks really exciting, can't wait to check it out
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    Beautiful work, @wineland88P - this might drag a few Sims 4 players back to Sims 3. This adamant Sims 3 player may actually download this when it's done.

Maybe I'll look for other Sims4 to Sims 3 worlds that are being created. :)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    @Nikkei_Simmer Being able to build you're own custom worlds ( without third party mods ) is definitely an advantage the Sims 3 has over the Sims 4. Too bad its so difficult to include anything and have something approaching a population that doesn't make the world feel like a ghost town with out having severe lag issues, especially on the lower end machines.
    edited January 2021
    @wineland88P by the way, unless you have a low end machine you might want to set it to eight high detailed lots, and turn up all of the other graphics settings to the max just for the screenshots. It will help encourage people to download the world. Someone gave me that advice and I think it did help somewhat with my last world.
    Beautiful work, @wineland88P - this might drag a few Sims 4 players back to Sims 3. This adamant Sims 3 player may actually download this when it's done.

Maybe I'll look for other Sims4 to Sims 3 worlds that are being created. :)

Thank you for that compliment!!
    @wineland88P by the way, unless you have a low end machine you might want to set it to eight high detailed lots, and turn up all of the other graphics settings to the max just for the screenshots. It will help encourage people to download the world. Someone gave me that advice and I think it did help somewhat with my last world.
    I think that is a good idea. I have a high performance computer so I can handle a large world but I think if I have minimal furnishing in most of the lots and upload the more detailed furnished ones that might be a good compromise to help with performance issues. I think the idea for the graphics is probably a good idea to promote my world.
    edited January 2021
    @Nikkei_Simmer Being able to build you're own custom worlds ( without third party mods ) is definitely an advantage the Sims 3 has over the Sims 4. Too bad its so difficult to include anything and have something approaching a population that doesn't make the world feel like a ghost town with out having severe lag issues, especially on the lower end machines.

This 100%. The most annoying thing to me of the Sims 3 is honestly the performance. Although I have a high performance computer it still does lag compared to the Sims 4. The Sims 4 definitely has the benefit of better performance across all computers but the downside is of course the gameplay is dumbed down, lacks open gameplay, and also I feel the lore and the premade sims in the Sims 4 feel incomplete. I've seen Pleasant Sims youtube videos where she details a lot of the complaints I have of the Sims 4 and I feel I have to agree with all of her points. The Sims 4 gameplay gets pretty boring quick and the only reason I still played it for a long time was because of the build/buy. I prefer building lots in the Sims 4 and have to say with the exception of the lack of a create a style I think Sims 4 build/buy mode is a lot easier and better than Sims 3. However I do get pretty annoyed that the Sims 4 lacks a create a style especially when they have such a limited amount of swatches that I end up using the same combinations of colors and patterns all the time.
  • LiverickLiverick Posts: 50 Member
    Wait!! Thats cute! I thought about starting a similar project sooner, but I still haven't finished a world I've been building for 10 years, so it wasn't this time. But I loved it. The best part of building willow creek in the sims 3 is that you can take this chance to create an optimized world, separating it into districts!
    Update 4

I've made some new changes to the world. I built more shells, built some apartments and I decided to recreate some of the Sims 2 Pleasantview homes. I decided that for the populated version of the world since I plan on having a timeline where the Sims 4 Willow Creek is in the same time as the Sims 2 Pleasantview I think combining Pleasantview into Willow Creek would be a fun idea. As of now my main focus for this world is building lots although I might be adding more effects, spawners, and other world objects as I build lots.

BEc7qJn.jpg

Goth Sims 2 Home - I am thinking of having a kind of fun easter egg and will include all the Sims versions of the Goth homes from the Sims 1 to Sims 4 since I already have the Sims 4 version of the Goth house as well.

jyFwuNb.jpg

Some other Pleasantview homes

TSKUKPd.jpg

210 Wright Way

S0dZZAQ.jpg

Pleasant Family Home

Here are some other builds I started

BWKdLCw.jpg

Steamboat Nightclub/bar

q9ZzO1X.jpg

Italianate Mansion

cETyeVZ.jpg

Crawdad Quarter apartments/townhomes

mLmhTyR.jpg

Converted Warehouse Dance Club

Lastly some aerial pics of the world so far

jcdufIo.jpg

ciGhhr3.jpg

lm1YlxP.jpg

Liverick wrote: »
    Wait!! Thats cute! I thought about starting a similar project sooner, but I still haven't finished a world I've been building for 10 years, so it wasn't this time. But I loved it. The best part of building willow creek in the sims 3 is that you can take this chance to create an optimized world, separating it into districts!

Thank you! It has been really fun making Willow Creek into my own world. It is somewhat overwhelming building a world but it is also a lot of fun. Best of luck on your project as well and thanks for your comment!
  • LiverickLiverick Posts: 50 Member
    Thank you!! I can't wait to be able to share some photos and information with you. And i love your idea to join Pleasant to Willow in the same time Haha
  • KkffooKkffoo Posts: 51 Member
    I would say I've joined you in the drift back from sims 4, but in my case, until the past month, I'd never actually played TS3 so I just drifted, without the 'back'.!
    Having downloaded CAW, and made the most hideous mess this afternoon I am so full of admiration for your build, it looks wonderful.
    The open world, and creative tools really are a draw, and when I see the variety and quality of custom worlds on offer it's very inspiring.
    It will be very interesting seeing those sims from other games in this town, long may your enthusiasm continue.
  • dfxblockdfxblock Posts: 61 Member
    It's amazing!! Do you plan to populate it😁
  • Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    Nice World, it looks beautiful :)
  • lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    OMG!! This world is gonna be so much fun to play in when you finish it. It look amazing and I cant wait to play it..
  • ModernDayM0zartModernDayM0zart Posts: 20 Member
    Crazy progress on the world!
  • TheYoungestVITheYoungestVI Posts: 6 New Member
    Any update on this?