Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your favourite expansion pack from each iteration of the Sims?

What expansion pack from each Iteration of the Sims is your favourite?
Give your reasons for your choices if you would like to.

Mine are:
Sims 1: Vacation.
I really liked the snow world and took my Sims there all the time. They stayed there indefinitely and would snowboard on the half pipe, slide down the snow slides, have snowball fights and build snowmen.
Sims 2: University.
I liked the way the university dorms were done. It was a lot of fun having my Sim live there. The cheerleader coming in and chanting that song added to the entertainment of dorm life.
Sims 3: Pets.
I liked that I could fully control the pets. I usually had cats and horses in my household. The unicorns were great. They went really well with my cats. Whenever my cats got fleas I would have the unicorn cure them. It was also a lot of fun to have a teenage Sim ride a horse around town after curfew and have the Police chase after her, but never catch her because the horse didn't stop running until they got home.
Sims 4: Island Living and Snowy Escape. I like both equally.
In Island Living I really like the mermaids and Island life. The mermaids are fun to play as and I enjoy having my Sims swim in the ocean, play with dolphins, build sandcastles, and collect sea shells. This pack gives toddlers more activities to do than the basegame has for them. They can splash in the ocean, build sandcastles and play in the sand. The Island life is a relaxed laid back way of life and much closer to home for me.
In Snowy Escape I really like the snowboarding and that there's a snow world (haven't had that since Sims 1). I have my Sims spend all day on the mountain. It's a lot of fun watching them following them down the mountain watching them do tricks and laughing when they fall at the bottom of the mountain. I like that Sims can sled with other Sims and that when they go hiking they chat with each other and look around at their surroundings while walking. I also like the Natural Hot Springs. They're a really nice addition that allows my Sims to relax and warm up in a snowy world.
Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos

Comments

• TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    edited March 2021
    Realm of Magic.

I used to play on my brother's console, until I got addicted and bought my own game for the computer. I started with basic game at first. But of all the expansions my brother had, Realm of Magic is the one I missed the most. The magic is cool, but I also love the world it comes with, and it has some cool accessories.

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited March 2021
    The Sims - hot date. I loved this one, being able to go to a club, dance in a cage... 😂

Sims 2 - hard to decide. I think i liked them all. Maybe bon voyage a bit more...

Sims 3 - generations. It added a lot. I loved the fantasy play for the children and the middle age crisis for the adults. World adventures would be a close second.

Sims 4 - i can't decide over Seasons, Eco Lifestyle, Vampires or Real of Magic. They're my favourites.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2021
    The Sims- Makin' Magic (more than just magic in that pack).
    The Sims 2- Seasons, hard choice between it and OFB.
    The Sims 3- Supernaturals, (more than just creatures in that pack and the world) but hard choice between LN, due to open lots such as clubs added and community open lots but not until LN.
    The Sims 4- Vampires but I did like GTW open careers.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited March 2021
    i played sims 1-2 when i was very little so i don't remember a lot of the packs separately. now i still play both games but i have the whole collections so it's still hard to choose one single ep. however i'd say:

ts1: Makin' Magic <3
    ts2: Nightlife
    ts3: Into the Future
    ts4: Vampires
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    The Sims 2: hard to say what my favorite EP was but i liked Seasons, because of the weather added to the game. But i also like University as it is fun to play sims in University. although a bit unrealistic because a sim can take multiple classes (and TS2 only has one! ) More recently, i took a liking to Bon Voyage as i like vacationing in all of the vacation worlds. having the sims going to the beach and experiencing camping is fun.
    The Sims 3: hard because i don't have all of them but i like Showtime, as singing and puting on shows were pretty cool.
    The Sims 4: don't have any EPS yet, but from the description i like University (though some say it is harder, but i am up to that challenge!) Seasons, because weather is cool!
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Sims- Unleashed
    Sims 2- Free Time
    Sims 3- Seasons
    Sims 4- Realm of Magic
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited March 2021
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Very tough choice. Probably Nightlife for the huge amount of new content and gameplay.
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 4: I guess Seasons, but it's nowhere near as great as TS3: Seasons was.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,775 Member
    Sims : Unleashed
    Sims2: Free time
    Sims3: - (never played)
    Sims4: Get Together
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Sims 1 & 2 I never played.

Sims 3 Supernatural
    Sims 4 Get Together
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Sims 3: Into The Future
    Sims 4: Out of just the expansions, Island Living. If game packs are included I couldn't pick

Haven't played the other two so couldn't pick favorites there
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Sims 1: I was broke and never bought any expansions, only played it as base game and barely remember it.
    Sims 2: I played as base game and then the ultimate collection when it was out so went from 0 to all the packs in one go and I often get confused what came with what haha so I'm not really sure what my fav is.
    Sims 3: I barely played this, and only have generations and world adventures. I played Sims 2 until I got Sims 4 and didn't play Sims 3 when it was out. A couple years ago it went on sale for $5 on Steam so I bought it and the packs and spent some time with it, but by then I had already played Sims 4 for a couple of years and it couldn't compare game play wise so I bored of it after a few days and never bought the other packs. Out of the two, I enjoyed Generations but I didn't experiement much yet.
    Sims 4: Island Living
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    edited March 2021
    Sims 1 - Vacations

Sims 2 - Open for business
    I don't even play with businesses much, but this pack added subhoods, changing toddlers at the mirror, servos and crafting tables. OfB was when I really accepted Sims 2 over the original.

Sims 3 - Pets
    Not a fan of Sims 3, stopped buying/playing after Ambitions. But I was tired of waiting for horses, so I bought Pets during the 2019 Steam sale.

Sims 4 - Snowy Escape or Island Living
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    TS1: Makin' Magic

TS2: Seasons

TS3: Supernatural

TS4: Seasons
    Seasons is a must have in each iteration to keep the game from feeling stagnant and I love the approach they took with holidays this time round.
    If you would've asked which pack in general, I would have said Vampires, as I think it's the best made pack in TS4 and I'm an Occult player.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    TS1: I only had Unleashed and Vacation and can't remember them well enough to pick a favorite
    TS2: I again only had Pets and Bon Voyage and can't really pick a favorite
    TS3: World Adventures
    TS4: Get Together and Vampires
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member

Hot Date
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD_ZuVLtm8g

Vacations
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBTl9VlobR0

University Life
    The only EP I had, lol.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VAJqjR_7H4

But I do have a few more and out of those I would say Open for Business.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uWGckCCwcQ

Late Night
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZcq9f72r2c

Generations
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hajq1nwsAM

Though I like all the EP's and find something interesting in all of them. Except, I never completed the collection for TS2, so I don't know much about TS2 EP's or SP's.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Randie_ReignsRandie_Reigns Posts: 59 Member
    edited March 2021
    Sims 1: Never played

Sims 2: Open For Business.
    The AI for businesses was amazing! Best in the franchise! Build anything! Sell anything! And in home businesses! My favorite for all 4 games. Hands down!

Sims 3: Into The Future
    This was so interesting. Traveling to the future. Wandering the world. Jet packs and my favorite, a hover board!

Sims 4: Seasons
    Seasons is a must for every single game. Why I believe it should be basegame in the future. I normally don't count it when answering these types of questions, but it's the only pack I would buy in 4 if I could only have one. The others, I don't think add enough to the game to be considered true expansions. So I've always felt cheated and disappointed with them.

• mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    The Sims-Superstar
    Sims 2-Open for Business
    Sims 3-Supernatural & Into the Future
    Sims 4-Vampires
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    Sims 1 - never played
    Sims 2 - never played
    Sims 3 - Screenshot-70.jpg
    Ambitions. :mrgreen:
    Sims 4 - ec12f49f7f951b8d781ac8d27b1c59a5.jpg won't touch it with a fifty mile pole.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • zoldos9zoldos9 Posts: 53 Member
    @Sallycutecat I've only played Sims 3 and 4. So from 3, definitely Pets. Sims 4, Pets & Vampires (haven't bought vampires yet, but I'm sure I'll like it) hehe
    ~Z~
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2021
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Freetime and Apartment Life.
    Sims 3: World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Seasons and Pets.
    Sims 4: Seasons, Eco Lifestyle, Spa Day GP, Dine Out GP, Parenthood GP and Vampires GP.

Sorry I couldn't really just pick "the one", these are all on the same tier of greatness to me.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    @Sigzy05 Have you tried Sims 4 "Get to Work"? It's really fun too!
    ~Z~
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    I've only extensively played The Sims 4 (haven't played enough Sims 3 to get an opinion the packs), but I cannot live without Seasons. I love weather and...well seasons in my game and it ties so well together with the rest of the game.
    A1hnP0t.png
    @Ray_Trace Sims 3 was very fun. My g/f and I played it extensively. I never got Seasons, but rather Pets and a few others. :)
    ~Z~
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    @zoldos9 wrote: »
    @Sigzy05 Have you tried Sims 4 "Get to Work"? It's really fun too!

Yes I have...I'm not a big fan of it sadly. I think the doctor and scientist careers are kind of fun but detective is extremely boring (and it's bugged too) and retail isn't as fleshed out as I'd hoped for. That's why I did not include it in my list. It's interesting that other people have fun with it though.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    > @Sigzy05 said:
    > Yes I have...I'm not a big fan of it sadly. I think the doctor and scientist careers are kind of fun but detective is extremely boring (and it's bugged too) and retail isn't as fleshed out as I'd hoped for. That's why I did not include it in my list. It's interesting that other people have fun with it though.

I have a Doctor and a Cop. The cop spent more time looking in the mirror to give herself a "pep talk" at the crime scene than anything else. And, one of my Sims from another household showed up and started playing Tetris during the investigation! LOL

The doctor job is fun. I cured several people and flirted quite a bit. hehe
    ~Z~