Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Whats going on with this Archway placement?

EverclearBoyEverclearBoy Posts: 151 Member
edited March 2021 in The Sims 4 Lots
I'm trying to place a few archways on this new build.. and for whatever reason it wont let me place them on these walls here. But if I build one square inward, it will. All it says is "Can't intersect with walls" uh.. What?

51012727843_f60cbf2cbd_b.jpg

51013539712_7678f7aea5_b.jpg

Comments

• SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Gosh... I don't know. It worked for me.

vt0jsbp.png
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • DeanXeLDeanXeL Posts: 289 Member
    Yeah, unless you built some roofs or anything we can't see on your build, just bulldoze the thing and start over :)
  • EverclearBoyEverclearBoy Posts: 151 Member
    I tried that, Bulldozed everything built using the room tool.. then just the wall tool.. and in the right room especially wouldnt let me place the archway.. the room to the left.. it would only let me place on the wall at the far left point of the wall not the middle. Nothing above had been built which is why its so confusing.. Keep in mind though for the one that isnt working right is the Rightside room is 4 x 3 not 4 x 4
    edited March 2021
    So you have not built anything except these rooms... No platforms, no walls, no rooms, no stairs, no roofs? Have you tried it on a different plot? Also, never used any mods i'm guessing, cause pretty sure even MOO would let you place those archways anyway :p I just saw @metaphasic placed the archways where you could too, not where you wanted them, I'll see what happens for me in a bit;)

edit:
    I have no clue man, no issues here :'(

0HVF3mr.png
    Post edited by DeanXeL on
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    DeanXeL wrote: »
    So you have not built anything except these rooms... No platforms, no walls, no rooms, no stairs, no roofs? Have you tried it on a different plot? Also, never used any mods i'm guessing, cause pretty sure even MOO would let you place those archways anyway :p I just saw @metaphasic placed the archways where you could too, not where you wanted them, I'll see what happens for me in a bit;)

edit:
    I have no clue man, no issues here :'(

0HVF3mr.png

Actually, I believe his example picture was showing the ONLY place he could place them. Unless I misunderstood, he was saying that if he moved it closer to either wall, he’d get an intersection error. I could be wrong though.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
    I'm trying to place a few archways on this new build.. and for whatever reason it wont let me place them on these walls here. But if I build one square inward, it will. All it says is "Can't intersect with walls" uh.. What?

First picture was the build as he desired, but couldn't place archways anywhere, second one was more inward (the one you rebuilt) where he could place them. he wanted to place them in the middle, but could only place them on the very side edge in one of the rooms, not the middle.

Anyways, I have no clue what's going on, works fine for me :(
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    Been getting some of this nonsense with stairs and doors
    sometimes it works just fine after going to manage worlds and re entering the lot
    or sometimes you have to drag the walls and put them back where they were and it just fixes itself

if neither of those work then rip idk could also try to change platform heights in case height clearance is bugging it
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • groovyboagroovyboa Posts: 25 Member
    I've had this "doorway placement" bug too where there are invisible spots on walls you cannot place a door. I figured out that it gets fixed when you go back to Manage Worlds and then reload the lot. I have no Idea what causes it though.