Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 145 - Winter Designer Showdown

@icanhassims
    vnNe03j.png
    Tons of kerb appeal for this Lover’s Getaway! Great use of a larger lot to create the forest hideaway, it really does feel secluded even from first glance, and using the very lovely pond at the front so the only way in is over the bridge made it even more so, nicely done. You’ve done a great job with the landscaping around it this lot – and so pretty in winter! The décor is perfect for a romantic cabin escape and I adore that heart counter, too sweet! The massage room and the candlelit onsen are a dreamy addition for a romantic getaway and well executed. All in all a very lovely hideaway for the love holiday, well done!

Suggestions: You had quite a lot of budget left, almost 25%, so I had a think what I might have used it on – maybe some more soft furnishings/rugs around the cabin, and/or possibly some more detailing to the BBQ area would have been a nice addition.

@Jazmi1396
    Zl0vVbT.png
    Stunning first shot of the cottage! Beautiful & interesting architecture and the whole plot is so attractively laid out & well landscaped, fantastic work! Impressive with only 3 packs too. So clever to use the folly like that and I loved that you got the fountain in there. Raising the terrain for the garden was very effective, made the garden seem more private somehow, and the heart pool with the double lounger is seriously cute! I enjoyed the open plan layout of both floors and the upper level especially is super dreamy - the bed & corner bath areas are so romantic!

Suggestions: A couple of your interior areas lacked the impact of the exterior – the kitchen in particular seemed rather unloved in comparison. You had a little bit left in your budget and do awesome work with debug, so I would have loved to see more drama & detail in here too.

@KitelDesigns
    Ta8vREo.png
    What a fantastic use of the debug logs, such a wonderful idea! Clever to use the terrain tool and debug plants to create trail walks in the grounds, and it’s great that there are plenty of areas on the porch and upper balcony to enjoy the fabulous views. You’ve done an excellent job of creating a ‘get away from it all’ cabin feel throughout the home, I would love to escape here! Very nice tour around the property too, thank you 😊
    (I totally agree by the way, I sooo wish we could change the ceiling colour too!!)

Suggestions: Just an idea for your trail areas. I felt a little bit sad when there was only the one fire pit area to find, I would have loved more little seating/activity areas to discover as wended our way around the paths.

@Becka28
    CnxcJx5.png
    What a fantastic bright rental house for a summerfest escape! Firstly, love what you did with the bump out in the foundation, the spire roof looks great. Gorgeous planting and pathway for the entry sets the tone for this home perfectly. Excellent work with the layout, feels very spacious but never empty, beautifully done! I enjoyed your colour scheme choices and the décor feels cohesive throughout. Lots to do all over this build both inside and out, very well done!

Suggestions: Not a lot to add for this one. The only thing I wasn’t sure of was having the sauna in the centre of the 2nd floor; not that I have a lot of personal experience of them but it always feel like they should be near the walls….maybe it’s just me!

@Clousinators
    jI3IunW.jpg
    Location location is right – marvellous choice for a get away build, your modern escape home looks perfect on it’s own little island! Very nice work with the trees and foliage to make this lot feel even more like an island too. Every room is exquisitely decorated, with a great a eye for colour, furnishings & décor and spacing, truly well done. I tried to pick a favourite and simply couldn’t – I love them all! Continuing your use of white and pink through the outdoor spaces worked well, especially with the pink fence lights too. Finally, bonus points for blowing us away with amazing photography throughout the tour, gorgeous!

Suggestions: The square windows & walls and flat roof made the architecture of the home feel a little stark and edgy compared to the gentle colours and flowing shapes of the interior. It’s a lovely build and I wouldn’t change it at all, but it might be a nice addition to use your magic decorating touch and bring the romance to the structure too.

@EleneK
    zp06nLD.png
    Such a fabulous idea to do a church conversion and use the foundation bump out to create the bell tower! You are right to be proud of your roofing, your solution for the angular chancel end in particular was very cleverly done! The interesting shape of the build gave you some fantastic nooks and cranny’s to decorate and you did this very nicely throughout. I genuinely never realised Newcrest had a golf course - who knew?! – and I loved that you used the surrounding area to influence your build. I’d never have thought of Newcrest as a holiday destination before, but you have totally convinced me!

Suggestions: I wasn’t completely sold on your window placement in the middle of the tower - I felt like they overpowered the tower a bit. Not sure if you tried it but I thought that maybe using a smaller window like the cloverleaf one the door or increasing the wall height on the middle floor would balance it a little better.

@Pinkusfamily
    2Zsygrc.jpg
    This is a such splendid Mt. Koremebi holiday home, not a single inch of this plot wasted! Lovely roof lines, and I liked the beams over the entry way to add interest. Both interior and exterior have a great layout and the build flows well. Gorgeous decorating throughout, very cohesive with some nice contrasts, and some really creative design ideas – I particularly liked how you used the bunting for window dressing and the perfect patio counters for the dresser in the master bedroom, both super effective! Excellent work, well done!

Suggestions: Honestly, nothing to suggest here – you made a gorgeous build!

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @Pinkusfamily
    2nd Place goes to .... @Clousinators
    3rd Place goes to .... @Jazmi1396
    fqbdw2w.jpg
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    fcuRqPI.png
    Starting Out Results - BnS 145 - Winter Designer Showdown

@DeanXeL
    RQf2q7x.png
    What a beautiful grand southern plantation style home! The large, shuttered windows with the black and white theme of the home are stunning and your landscaping compliments the house very nicely. The interior of the home has a nice flow from room to room and you have made nice use of the platform tool. You have added many nice details to this home. It will be a wonderful place for sims to relax, away from the hustle and bustle of the big city.

Suggestions: It would have looked nice to have a few curtains in the home, as well as maybe a feature wall or a different textured wall in some rooms to add extra interest. I would also recommend adding a description to your pictures in your slideshow. It really helps the judges know what you were thinking.

@ScholarSim
    YYPZBvQ.jpg
    You have designed a wonderful home for this challenge! The grand entrance is beautiful, and I enjoyed seeing all the lush greenery throughout the property. The home has a nice bright color scheme that suits the style of the house. It was nice that you added so many activities for sims to enjoy as well, the indoor pool was a nice touch. What a wonderful place for sims to spend a winter getaway!

Suggestions: The kitchen felt a bit bare. I noticed you had room in your budget, you could have used some of the extra cash to add some clutter objects. I would also recommend adding a description to your pictures in your slideshow as well.

@seaben
    ZmF5ekj.png
    Your Craftsman Getaway is a beautiful build! The exterior has a wonderful casual cozy feeling about it. The wildflowers look great around the house and sims will enjoy the view while lounging in the hot tub on the deck. Using the dark wood on the interior gives the home a nice rich warm feel, while the open concept living area makes it look very grand as well. Sims will be sure to feel relaxed and pampered as they enjoy a winter getaway in this lovely house.

Suggestions: While I do love the open concept aspect of this house, I would recommend adding a few walls, or possibly an island, in the kitchen. Also, better lighting to some of the rooms would be helpful. Thank you for adding a description to your slideshow pictures.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @DeanXeL
    L2vOXOv.png
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    Ll71I0W.png

Congratulations @Jazmi1396 and @Clousinators on your promotion! Please consider entering future challenges in the Expert category :)

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    Thank you! I loved building this house. Congrats to @Pinkusfamily and @Jazmi1396 ! I'm excited for that promotion!
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Fantastic! Congratulations @Jazmi1396 @Clousinators
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    Thank you @xamira99 :)

Fantastic collection of build everyone, well done to everyone who entered and to all the winners!

And Yay, congrats on the promotions @Clousinators & @Jazmi1396! Well deserved! 👏👏👏👏
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    Wow, Thank you again for your confidence @BuildnShare .

Congratulations for all who were promoted !

I feel all are winners here. All entries are so Creative !

Congratulations to all the winners too !

Thank you all !

Love this forum !!

Diane Pinkus o:)
  • seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    I'm just seeing this now thank you so much for taking the time to look at my build @BuildnShare i greatly appreciate it and thank you so much for your suggestion's i will keep them in mind when i build in the future ;) its almost funny i cant tell you how many times i just forgot to add light to half of a room or the entire second floor of a build and realize it later on :D
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • DeanXeLDeanXeL Posts: 289 Member
    Lol I totally missed this :D Thank you so much for the feedback! I do agree with all of the remarks, when I looked back at the pictures, I also felt they were a bit bland sometimes and needed a bit of punch, definitely something to work on. Though curtains, while I like curtains, I don't like most of the sims basegame ones (and that's all I have ^_^') and so far, I have a hard time working with them lol, I need some practise. It was my very first slideslow ever, so I will work on making it a bit more presentable next time too :D
  • seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    DeanXeL wrote: »
    Lol I totally missed this :D Thank you so much for the feedback! I do agree with all of the remarks, when I looked back at the pictures, I also felt they were a bit bland sometimes and needed a bit of punch, definitely something to work on. Though curtains, while I like curtains, I don't like most of the sims basegame ones (and that's all I have ^_^') and so far, I have a hard time working with them lol, I need some practise. It was my very first slideslow ever, so I will work on making it a bit more presentable next time too :D

i play base gage to and find it hard to chose curtains and i usually size the curtains i like up or down so i can use them sense the good curtains we have are usually to big or to small
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • Jazmi1396Jazmi1396 Posts: 116 Member
    Ll71I0W.png

Congratulations @Jazmi1396 and @Clousinators on your promotion! Please consider entering future challenges in the Expert category :)

3gHHX7s.png

Thank you very much, I hope I will not disappoint you.
    I couldn’t be here much in February, sorry. :/
    Congrats @Pinkusfamily ;)
  • EleneKEleneK Posts: 142 Member
    Congratulations everyone. Thank you for the feedback. I appreciate that you liked the spots I was most happy with. I built two of this house. The larger version which was incomplete but over budget and the final version which was too rushed at the end.
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 146 - The Bradley Bunch

@icanhassims
    02-11-21-6-47-03-pm_orig.png
    You’ve done a great job at really keeping the feel of the original home while still making space for this huge family! Clever work in keeping a very similar layout to the original living room but using tweaks and changes to make it a lovely, lived in family space now, and your updated kitchen and breakfast bar is also very nicely done, and again much more suited to big family life. I enjoyed the way you used the platforms in the children’s rooms to create the illusion of a separate space. Star of the show in this build for me though is the thought you gave to the adults, making fantastic bedrooms and bathrooms for Beatrice and Dan & Agatha to escape and relax after the madness of looking after 6 children! The massage chair is a great addition and I loved the soothing green and your art choices - and giving Beatrice her own kitchenette was such a fantastic thought!

Suggestions: The yard felt somewhat bare and it would have been nice to see some of your normal lovely landscaping out here. I felt the roofing on the extension didn’t connect/flow very well with the original but can totally see how tricky it was, so one idea would be to make it a stand alone unit separate from the house – even by a square or two.

@KitelDesigns
    kMmA4ze.png
    The spandrel addition, bay window and with the change in roof colour is very attractive on the front porch, makes for a great entryway! You captured the mid century vibe perfectly in your lovely lounge, I very much enjoyed the layout and your choice of items – very nice work on toning and use of accent pieces in here and really does look gorgeous. Creating a playroom was a great idea for this huge family and again was very nicely laid out – I loved the addition of the egress windows to get some natural light down here too. Lovely covered patio areas and pretty landscaping in the garden, the poor old chair used for supporting the ivy made me smile!

Suggestions: There are a lot of long corridors/rooms on the ground floor of this home, adding some more rugs or changing the floor tile up a little could add interest and help delineate the areas/stop them blending.

@SarahTheRed
    cbcc25c44e8a37e93082e22def3249199170b76e.png
    Lovely use of colour through wallpapers & plantings to give a beautifully warm rich feeling to this revamp! Gorgeous landscaping around the garden and you made excellent use of the space to create different areas out here. Inside also has a cosy, almost cottage, feel that’s carried consistently throughout the build, and each room is attractively decorated and has a nice amount of clutter - I particularly enjoyed your sunken lounge area. Amazing work fitting everything in without extending too, impressive!

Suggestions: Our judging is done through the slideshow so it’s really helpful if you can include overheads and a few comments so that we can see the layout and flow of your design, and understand your design choices. I’d also have loved to see some extra pics of the of the build from different angles and closer views of the lovely garden/patio areas too if possible – you’d done a lot of detailed work that didn’t really showcase in your slideshow.

@MaryKup
    FMHX7HN.jpg
    The doubled up patio/balcony with the Cats & Dogs fence looks great on the front façade, brings a modern updated feel to the home while keeping with overall original feel, very nicely done! Your modernised and opened up living/kitchen areas also look lovely and continue with the fresh updated vibe. Love the use of the dividers next to the stairs, super effective! Nice solution to use bunk beds to create more space in the shared rooms and each of the bedrooms looks perfect for the respective sims. Great use of space in the garden too, with lots to do but also lots of room to run around – the gnome tree is so cute!

Suggestions: The default angle for you pics makes it difficult to see the details of your build. If you enter Freecam mode (tab key on PC or option top right on console) you’ll to be able to bring the camera down to eye level and showcase all of your hard work better – try the Build N Share guide to showcases from the first page of the main thread for ideas. (Link - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZTm3M4hPnWqBgfkmQOzc0JNHAbMC5C0t/view )

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @SarahTheRed
    wg4s8ng.png

3gHHX7s.png
    Room Challenge

@icanhassims
    02-11-21-6-43-20-pm_orig.png
    This is such a pretty room for the girls! Great job at creating a cohesive room while individualising the beds with covers, rugs and lamps, and using the platform area to give the teen a semi-private area is a fantastic solution to a room share for three kids!

@KitelDesigns
    J2xIS2Y.png
    Rooms within a room, clever! As a child I would have loved a ‘secret’ room under my bed and I’m sure these girls will adore it too. You’ve done a lovely job of creating both the teen space and the younger girls room, both felt very fitting for the age groups and were very cute!

Note for both rooms: One for helping with uploading your platform rooms. The team did a bit of searching and found this short video which will hopefully help 😊 MardyYardy Twitter

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is @KitelDesigns
    vEEOxbO.png

3gHHX7s.png
    Sim Challenge

@icanhassims
    bradley-bunch_orig.jpg
    What a lovely family you have created! They are all great sims, and Agatha looks like a lovely mother, but Dan was my absolute favourite of the family, he’s just so…dad-like! His traits and outfits were perfect for an outdoorsy man who has found love for a second time and his eldest son in particular was clearly taking after him. Very nicely done!

@Nali272
    nobDn6U.jpg
    Such a good looking family! You have done a really excellent job at making each sim look just the right age from the brief, so clever. My favourite from this bunch though is Agatha, I thought all of her outfits matched her job and traits perfectly and her personality really comes across well. And yes, I think you should let Mindy have her cat!

@KitelDesigns
    HmvWScT.png
    What a detailed, fantastic backstory, just wow! Great choice of outfits and traits for all of them but again in this family Dan was my favourite…such a sad story and he really looks like a man who has come through it all. Lots of great individual details for every sim in this family too – no wonder they need a maid to cook for all those different favourites 😊
    And the winner is @nali272
    KPxeZr0.png

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • nali272nali272 Posts: 431 Member
    Wow! what a surprise to wake up to! Thanks for the award. And congrats to all the winners and participants.
    Try my challenge - make these builds better. (star the page for notifications)
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Crongats Established winners and all the submissions are pretty and well thought out.
  • SarahTheRedSarahTheRed Posts: 388 Member

Thank you so much! This was a great challenge, renovating Maxis builds is one of my favorite things to do. It was fun to try and fit everyone into the house, Brady Bunch Style!
    bhaXpM1.png
    Expert Results - BnS 145 - Winter Designer Showdown

@Alisim19
    b0qHPzW.png
    Your process and goal description made me chuckle as I’m 100% on board with you and am also very up for a build where I make what I want without limited packs, and make full use of the platforms! And creating a not-cluttered, clean and sleek design is an amazing escape in-and-of itself! Your lot tempts me to break down on my strict ‘no mods/cc in my game’ rule, girl! I totally see signs of TOOL. ;) Anyway… back to the real comments…

This is a lovely, modern home! The lines, layout, colors, and contrasts are striking, creative, and practical. They do an excellent job of striking a balance between modern and a touch of tropics. It’s great to see all so much light in the living room given the setting, including the skylight. The floating fireplace is creative and way cool! I also love the fact that you have an additional living ‘lounge-nook’ common living space area with a Murphy bed for additional guests!

The landscaping perfectly matches and nicely ‘nuzzles within’ the lot you designed it for.

Suggestions: I would have preferred a minimalist, modern curtain option on at least the edge windows in the living room (a couple of ‘optional use’ slats, sheers, or blinds)? The kids’ bedroom is a bit small for three, though once bunk beds are in the game switching out the two for one of those would work nicely. (Though I realize this is exactly the type of setup a vacation rental would add for flexibility.)

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @Alisim19
    jfuNzTG.png
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    What lovely comments, thank you @BuildnShare Great suggestions too :)

Congrats @SarahTheRed @KitelDesigns & @nali272 for your 1st places and congrats to everyone else too for fab entries, so many clever builders all in one place :)<3
  • nali272nali272 Posts: 431 Member
    Thank you @AliSim19
    Try my challenge - make these builds better. (star the page for notifications)
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    edited March 2021
    fcuRqPI.png
    Starting Out Results - BnS 146 - The Bradley Bunch

@sarabeth2984
    LK1cR1B.png
    You have done a beautiful job on the renovation of the Bradley’s home! The landscaping of the property blends in very nicely with the surrounding area and you have done a wonderful job with the use of the terrain paint. Adding the addition to the side of the house works very nicely to still maintain the original style of the home and I loved that you added little details like vents and an air conditioner. The interior of the home is decorated well. Your color choices work well together and the clutter items that you have added give this home a very inviting and lived in feeling. The open bar in the kitchen was a great idea and the thought and care that you put into the personalization of the bedrooms just adds so much extra to this home.

Suggestions: Over all your home was very well done and I don’t have many suggestions. My one suggestion would be that Beatrice’s shower felt a little unfinished. I would have liked to see a wall or a shower curtain added for some separation.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @sarabeth2984

KKTtBTV.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@sarabeth2984
    5VctSct.jpg
    You have created such a lovely Bradley family! Their personalities are shown off so well by the outfits you have designed for them. The backstory that you have given the family is so detailed and well done, I absolutely loved reading it! My deepest condolences on the death of their loved ones (Can you really be squished by vending machines in the game!?!). It looks like this blended family has an exciting future ahead of them.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @sarabeth2984

KKTtBTV.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

Room Challenge

@tatselk
    pj9M2cq.jpg
    The bedroom that you have designed for the three boys is very well put together. It is very spacious and the color scheme works well for boys of all ages. It is nice to see that you have given each child a desk and that there are other fun activities in the room for the boys to enjoy. You have added so many nice details to make this room look very comfortable. Well done!

Suggestions: It is hard to find something to suggest for your room to improve on. The only thing that felt somewhat off, was the moon decal on the wood. Personally, I would have shrunk it and just added it to the wallpapered portion.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @tatselk

I6Tt761.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Apologies @tatselk and thank you for bringing this to our attention. It has now been corrected :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    EVxjqb3.png
    Master Results - BnS 146 - The Bradley Bunch

@AlJay
    EhCzsN7.png
    Fantastic work extending and renovating Riverside Roost Reno into the perfect home for such a large family to be. As requested you have kept the overall style close to the original but made it look a lot brighter and fresher. The light shades of the exterior really give the home an elegant appearance which blends really well with the rest of the neighbourhood. You have extended sufficiently to allow plenty of room for the extended family yet there is still a good amount of outdoor space for activities. I absolutely love the treehouse and sandpit arrangement, such a wonderful feature for the children. The interior is well laid out and certainly looks comfortable and homely with just the right amount of clutter. The boys room is my favourite and I can certainly relate to the messy floor! The colours you have chosen add cheeriness and the raised platform divides the younger two boys beds from the teen one in such a creative way.

Suggestions: Regarding the outdoor side activity area I felt it could be enhanced by the addition of flowers to ‘pretty’ it up. Perhaps some daisies or wildflowers under the trees.

@AIRIS6962
    n545mfb.png
    Wow, you have really brought Riverside Roost Makeover to life with such a beautiful and dramatic appearance. The palette and textures of the exterior contrast boldly and beautifully together and the various types of windows work so well adding much interest. The roof design really enhances the façade with a great decorative effect. The edged flower beds and pathways give a neat and tidy look to the property and you have created a lovely private garden using the high fencing. There are certainly plenty of activities for the children to enjoy here while the adults relax on the bbq deck. The open plan concept of the living areas provides space and airiness to the interiors and the earthy tones with lively pops of red give a homely and lived in feel. Each of the bedrooms serve the family members perfectly and I love the curtain arrangement in the master room.

Suggestions: With regard to landscaping, I felt there was no real connection from the left side of the house to the rear, ie lots of grassy planting at the side and nothing at the back. I would either have carried the planting over to the rear or broken the side up with gaps and just having rough plants here and there.
    3gHHX7s.png

And the Winners are .... @AlJay @AIRIS6962

5gvhc1F.jpg
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

Thank you very much @BuildnShare for your feedback. I am absolutely agree with your suggestion.
    Congrats dear @AlJay ! <3 We look twins lately! :mrgreen:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top