Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should we be able to alter our sims' facial expressions?

I mean, in addition to altering their basic facial features.

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2021
    Yes. How I raise my brows would not look the same as how you raise yours. This is still a big dream of mine, TS4 uses a blanket animation which makes all Sims look the same. But one brow bone would work differently than a different brow bone wouldn't they? So, someday I hope Maxis will come up with a new creative tool that allows players to set how those animations work across many different face shapes, how a lip would curl and or wouldn't curl, depending on the mouth shape etc. This really bothers me about TS4...they all smile, use their eyes etc. the very same. This doesn't seem to be the case in the older games or maybe not as evident in older games. Bone structure of a face and how someone uses their eyes and mouth etc. would all be different from one person to the next so someday, I hope this is possible again. TS4 has the same cloned animation types for all Sims making them all even look the same. Shape of face, mouth, brow and eyes ll move the same in TS4. One smile you have seen them all.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    If you go into detail mode, you can alter them to a certain extent. Pull the lips up or down at the corners. Slant the eyes and/or eyebrows in the right direction. Flare the nostrils.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I'd like this. I would like to be able to select their emotion expressions that I have to stare at while I have them selected.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Tammors wrote: »
    If you go into detail mode, you can alter them to a certain extent. Pull the lips up or down at the corners. Slant the eyes and/or eyebrows in the right direction. Flare the nostrils.

Even if you build Sims in TS4 very differently the animations make them all have the same expression. If a Sim has a curled down mouth in TS4 when it smiles, sorry it still is that wide grin that is a blanket animation.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Doesn't matter to me really. I'm fine with them adding it, but it's not a feature I'd ever use myself.