Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    March 8th
    rN3tFXT.png
    Sometimes you just gotta deal with it right? When I came back to Roxanne's house after rotating around a bit in the save it was dirtier than usual and everyone had work or school. So Archie called in a maid. I wanted to watch them when the active house members were out at work or school.
    The butler must have been somewhere because she was dressed funny when I rotated back to the lot. She tried to help the maid some....
    ksiC2K6.png
    While they tackled the house.. The maid stayed on the top floor alllll day (that's where the plants are). The butler did the bottom floor. The middle Archie had to do when he got home after squashing a bunny.
    Roxanne had to teleport to the floor with no access, it had never been cleaned and was in a filthy state with a filth fiend up there.
    OONg18P.png
    First she tried a roomba while she did an angry painting (she had come home enraged). That didn't work, the thing stalled out.
    Y8jniLy.pngSo she got out her vacuum and went at it. Sneaking peeks at her angry painting now and then while I was playing other household members. I thought she'd die from being so angry but she made it through.
    rL24xW6.pngIt took her 3 hours to clean this area. With me clicking on her on and off to make sure she was working. I made sure it was fully clean before having her leave. That took about 4 vacuum sessions. Moral of the story... don't let anything get in a filthy state? I guess I'll see next time I play.
    pCmwQsQ.png
    Glad she made it out alive!
    I wanted to get this in by midnight! I made it. Playing around with the new pack is taking a bunch of my time and I thought I'd rotate back to Roxanne and get some fun shots but lol... today was the day dust took over!
    I'll comment to everyone later or tomorrow!
    egTcBMc.png
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited March 2021
    March - Day 8: "Shall we dance?"

ZZ5OeiN.png

Notes
    rIVYv8k.png
    "Do you think you are ready to take me on?"
    "Oh yeah, give me everything you've got, I can take it and give it right back."
    "Hmm, that's quite a bold statement from a Acolyte to a Master Sage. I approve."
    "Shall we dance my dear?"

"Lead the way."

SopLdl2.png
    "I will not tell you when I intend to strike this time, I'll just---"

w6EGiYD.png
    "Huzza!"
    "Oh, so that's how you want to play is it?"

7HExHOC.png
    "Yes! Yes! Yes!"

sVSjAUn.png
    "Feel the power of a-- well, well, nice job my dear. You are---"

wQ94H2d.png
    "Ahhh!"
    "You were saying? My dear?"

AvpNbgT.png
    "--a worthy opponent, but you can not defeat one as masterful as I!"
    "AHHH!"

IYontlZ.png
    "Rise, RISE, feel my power, and know you are mine---"

AZwuHRo.png
    "---yesterday, today, tomorrow and FOREVER---"

p4C1N7B.png
    "MINE!"
    (WOW!)
    (ow)

VPBwy6V.png
    "Are you alright my child?"
    "Um, you're not that much older than me Morgyn."
    "I apologize, it's an ingrained patter I've developed over the years."
    "I know very well you are not a child anymore, but a lovely young woman."

QMzhkVH.png
    "Aww, thanks, and yeah, It's cool. Dad said I should accept the pain, it will make me stronger. I'm good, honest!"

VnB235d.png
    "He is right. There will be pain, but it will subside quicker as your grow stronger."

QR2D7j6.png
    "Soon you will learn to take in the power that caused you pain and throw it back tenfold at your opponent. Just one of many ways to be victorious and laugh in the face of defeat."

YczF60x.png
    "Oh I love that! You have such a way of making a point."
    "Thank you."
    "It's kind of like when kids say, 'I'm rubber and you're glue, whatever you say, or do in this case, bounces off me and sticks to you!"

ioiyYth.png
    "Ah yes, a close interpretation, I believe you understand what I am endeavoring to convey exceptionally well."
    Essa giggles in delight. "You're so funny with all the big words. Relax, you don't have to impress me. I'm already impressed."

jY3f1Ls.png
    "How could I not be? You're amazing Morgyn. A wonderful teacher, a brilliant Spellcaster, extremely intelligent, kind, compassionate, caring, funny, sweet and...handsome. I imagine you have all kinds of groupies hanging off your every word. If there is such a thing as Spellcaster groupies." Essa smiled.
    "There are a few, yes. But they are only students looking up to a superior in hopes of gaining my favor."

"I would guess it's more than that... But anyway, you can relax when you're with me Morgyn, just as when we were children. Okay? I respect you as my teacher, but I'd like to be your friend even more."

Bs3MOqD.png
    "I should go now, but, I will try to relax when I am with you. I don't think it will be very hard to do. It was easy when we were together before."

vBnK93b.png
    "I think you and I are going to be the best of friends, again, and share something very special. Would you like that?"

H44oU7N.png
    "Yes, I would. Very much so."

Fwu9Bfv.png
    "Alright, I'll see you tomorrow."

5LTDQhG.png
    "I'll be here."
    Morgyn briefly took Essa's hand in his and gave it a light squeeze before releasing it and walking away.
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    *Updated my March 8th post above - As always, comments and replies coming up next! :)
    @SoulGal7
    Thanks! I'm loving it so far. I always hoped they put eyelashes and body hair in the game at some point, but they haven't after over 6 years, so I got impatient. lol I have not found any CC eyes that look like Josh's, except the ones that came by default in the game. And yes, he NEEDS those eyes to be Josh, if that makes sense?

Yeah, I think she just got lucky! :D I didn't expect her to win at all, so it was a nice surprise when she did win. Now with Morgyn? Not so lucky. :D

Congrats to Sakura for completing the Freelance Botanist aspiration! I don't blame you for putting the cowplant into inventory. I don't like those things. They freak me out. I only grow them for the aspiration and then get rid of it...or let it die for decoration. ;)

Oh how cool Sakura is starting a band club! Man, I wish we had real bands in the game. Hopefully one day. I like the name too, The Plumbbobs. SO funny that Wolfgang thought she'd join the renegades. Sorry dear, not going to happen. Oh I love that Hermitgirl's Roxanne will be one of the members too. Perhaps other challenge Sims as well. :) Great update!

Thanks! I love that she has a strong connection to the Sages too! I had fun making that all happen. I had plans for Essa's necklace right from the beginning, but I wasn't sure what they would be. Thankfully it all worked out as I was writing the story. I love the makeover I did for L. too. She's such a fun Sim. I didn't like the default Mischief Sage, even though my L. IS that one, I just changed her. :D

Josh knows everything. She talks to him daily and tells him about her day and he tells her about his, they're still very close and always will be. No secrets between these two anymore...except one. She hasn't told him what happened with Damon. I think she knows if Josh knew, he'd probably kill him or at least put him in the hospital. I mean, look what he did to Agent Stone. o.O Plus, she's not exactly certain what he did to her yet. She's starting to get her memory back though, so like I said to someone else, when that happen Damon better get out of Dodge! :o

@AnnoyingTiger
    I love Morgyn! He's such a sweetheart in my game, and I think he's sweet on Essa, always looking at her with those worshipful puppy dog eyes. I think it's really just the Pristine reputation she has though, but who knows. :D I love L. too, she's so fun to write for. I have some spells in mind Essa might use. We'll see! ;)

About the spawner rocks, is Astrid at the park or wherever she looks for them outside her home area at around 2 a.m.? If she isn't, they won't spawn. Those spawn in parks and other places anywhere from between midnight to 2 a.m. If your Sim isn't there in that time period, they won't spawn. Maybe that's why?

Yes she did, she beat dear old Dad! :D What's Stronk? Guessing it's a good thing? I won't disagree with you about Josh. It's no secret he's my favorite. :) I'm glad you like him too!

Awww, I love that Essa and Astrid are becoming such good friends. My Sims rarely win that spice challenge either, which is fine by me because the 'hot' animation with the flames is hilarious! :D Love to see Pumpkin being cute as ever! And Essa, what the heck girl? Put a top on! Sheesh! :D

@Hermitgirl
    Oh Wow, okay, that's a lot of dust that Roxanne had to hire a maid in addition to the butler she already had. I'm a little confused about the Angry painting, filth fiend and vacuuming. Exactly why did she need to be angry to vacuum? At any rate, I was going to get the Country Kitchen kit last night, but didn't have time, so will most likely get it some time this morning. I won't touch Bust the Dust with a 10 foot pole though. It's broken and not very good at all for R2R Sims. Well it is good for them, they make a lot of money, but, not good if you want them to struggle for awhile. LOL Glad you're having fun with it though, the dust bunnies are kind of cute anyway. I'll probably get it once it's been tweaked. I mean, it's only $5, how can you go wrong, right? ;)
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Haha, @Karababy52, those must have been your shortest comments in a while :P

I was so tired yesterday that I just decided "I'll do my update first thing in the morning" lol. It turned out to be longer than I thought.
    March 8
    WyyIzZO.png

Bryons Diary
    I decided to take Kitty to school today. I have to find someone who can help me with this... very clever cat.

1fzY6OO.png
    Instead, I bump into Gabbie.

(Gabbie) “Oh, you brought the kitty with you!!! Hello there! You look so much better!”
    (Bryon) “Oh, Gabbie! Do you perhaps know where the teachers are?”

Z41ah7z.png
    (Gabbie) “Eh, no. Why?”
    (Bryon) “Naoki and I found something out yesterday”

zbUMdXE.png
    (Gabbie) “Oh, what?”
    (Bryon) “Look at this. Kitty can understand us. She really understands the human language.”

d5qBnp2.png
    I put Kitty down.

3WgxQdm.png
    (Gabbie) “Huh? What are you going to do?”
    (Bryon) “Watch this. Kitty, jump onto that table!”

Aa9svqk.png
    Kitty does as I say.

rUhjSS1.png
    (Gabbie) “Whoa, she’s trained well!!”
    (Bryon) “I don't think she's trained. I think she can really understand us. I never saw something like this before! Wait. Go stand there.”

2vAw6Uq.png
    Gabbie went to stand on the spot I assigned her and I go to a place somewhere further from her.

(Bryon) “Ask her a yes or no question. Yes is you, no is me.”
    (Gabbie) “Eh…”

OnM2a08.png
    (Bryon) “Gabbie!”

FRlpWQl.png
    (Gabbie) “Okay, okay!! Do you... Really understand us?”

nfIRDRG.png
    She immediately runs towards Gabbie.

9Uu7cM5.png
    (Gabbie) “Whoa, she reacted fast.”
    (Bryon) “See? She understands us.”
    (L.) “That’s because she’s not a real cat. That’s a human, cursed with a cat-spell. I can feel it.”

Gabbie takes a moment to to take in what L. just said as she walked in.

AC0MnBM.png
    (Gabbie) “Oh yeah, you're such a cute human--”
    (Roo) “Meow.”

(Gabbie) “WHAA!”

In a reflex, Gabbie throws Kitty out of her hands. Luckily I caught her.

odEcCxS.png
    (Bryon) “Here you go, Kitty. safe and sound on the ground.”

No0R5oS.png
    (Gabbie) “Oh, Kitty. I’m so sorry, but that caught me by surprise...”
    (Roo) “Meow...”
    (L.) “Bryon, Gabbie. Do you know this person?”

cjEWgxk.png
    (Bryon) “I don’t think we do… We just found it outside…”
    (L.) “Hm…”

qlGI3jo.png
    (Bryon) “I didn’t knew it was possible to use normal spells as a curse.. I read about the cat spell and I was actually going to ask either you or one of the other sages about it.”
    (L.) “Oh sweetie, I’m the Sage of Mischief. You can turn everything in a curse if you want to. I can feel a powerful source of energy. The spellcaster that did this to her must be really powerful. It’s not going to be easy to break this curse…”

Vc9xztR.png
    (Bryon) “Eh. But… Can we break it? I mean, now that I know that this is an actual human…”
    (L.) “Yes, we can, but it will be difficult since the curse is so strong.

kLuqBAY.png
    (L.) “You just need to make a potion!”

ZY8VoDo.png
    (Gabbie) “Yes!!! We’re going to save someone!!”
    (Bryon) “Wait. What do you mean with ‘you’? Aren’t you going to help us?”
    (L.) “I’m the Sage of Mischief Magic, not an Alchemist. I can’t help you with potions, but I think Miss Beltran can.”

bvp9tZE.png
    (L.) “Unfortunately I have to teach my class right now, but I wish you the best of luck!”

pqlmJ7u.png
    So, we went to search miss Beltran. She told us that the potion we have to make to break this curse is a difficult one, but she will gladly help us out the best she can.

(Anika) “There’s just one thing...”
    (Bryon) “What?”

B7QigFA.png
    (Anika) “I have most ingredients right here, except for an Angelfish. Do you think you can get that for me?”
    (Gabbie) “Sure!”
    (Anika) “Thank you so much. Well then, I’ll already set the other ingredients aside for you. Please come back when you have the fish!”

8NoACI2.png
    Anika walks out, leaving me and Gabbie behind.

(Gabbie) “Wait, do you know how to fish?”
    (Bryon) “Do I look like I can fish? I thought you could fish”

This is going to be mission impossible.

Behind the scenes
    For this one, we go back to yesterday evening, to when Gabbie returns home after her visit to Gage and teenage Isaius.

Gjj2mnf.png
    (Gabbie) “I’m home…”

uvN9uh1.png
    (Brytani) “Hello! Oh, Gabbie, what’s wrong? Did something happen?”
    (Gabbie) “No, nothing happened.. I just had a long day and —“

66cYm3t.png
    (Isaius) “I knew I made the right decision to follow you, Gabbie.”

fgUkHsH.png
    (Gabbie) “Isaius?! Did you just follow me?!”

xNgdABn.png
    (Brytani) “... I think I have to sit down for this...”
    (Gabbie) "Mom!"

rL6mORC.png
    (Isaius) “Hello, Brytani. Did you miss me? How long has it been…? 20 years?”

RMSGFah.png
    (Brytani) “Isaius…? But like… The real Isaius..?”
    (Isaius) “The one and only.”

jKA8RRo.png
    (Brytani) “No way… Isaius…”

IKLFTAY.png
    (Brytani) “I can’t believe it...”

hIqhCVm.png
    (Isaius) “Don’t cry, Brytani. You look most beautiful when you laugh. It’s so unreal to see you like this..”

9GHtDjD.png
    (Isaius) “You’re so old now, hahaha!”
    (Brytani) “What do you mean? I’m not old!”

cc2ORNM.png
    (Isaius) “Of course, I was only joking, Brytani.”
    (Brytani) “Oh, Isaius… I missed you so much…”

m8NYwTe.png
    While the two were hugging in the middle of the living room, Gabbie got like the best idea ever. Or well, she hoped that this was her best idea ever at least.

AiwjIUV.png
    (Gabbie) “Isaius, I got a surprise for you!!!”

NRp6bLW.png
    And right around the corner, there comes… Wallace!

fciF3Bz.png
    (Wallace) “WOOOOOF!!”
    (Isaius) “No way!!!! Wallace!!! Oh, my beautiful Wallace! I missed you so much!!! How did you get here, buddy???”

dEsoy6a.png
    (Brytani) “Well… Wallace died that day, after our duel… After… What happened. I buried its body and since that day, its soul has been wandering around here.”

KZalY4g.png
    (Isaius) “Oh… I’m so sorry you had to go through all of that… You really don’t deserve that.”

SGuO0I9.png
    (Brytani) “It’s okay, really. Wallace helped me to go through this. He’s still a good boy.”

4k5Tjfu.png
    (Gabbie) “Mom, where is Morgyn?”

T4lkGzV.png
    (Morgyn) “I’m… Right here.”

Their eyes go wide open as he sees the scene in front of him.

z5aHoFj.png
    (Morgyn) “What’s happening here?”

Looks like the group has a lot of explaining to do. Again.
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    Hey guys, I'm back!

My last update was on the 28th, so I have 10 updates to do (it'll be a long post but I can do it!)

Story was not the way to go, or at the very least not yet. I was doing fine until I attempted it, and I'm going to be posting just an image for each day to catch up. Commentary may have felt a little shallow but story felt way too forced, and I think that's because Jenny already had her story in my mind.

Sorry for how this happened!
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Update 68 - And more time passes

GpdXJmS.png

Notes:
    I was totally gonna give Jules a new hairstyle for her 3rd trimester, but I've gotten quite attached to this current one so I'm going to keep it for now. Both of the hairstyles she's had are CC made by creator Feral Poodles (who made the cat hat from the 21st anniversary update) :) Jules also has gotten all of her scout badges and is nearly done with the music aspiration - she just has to mentor another sim in guitar, but unfortunately when I randomized Lydia's skills using MCCC, it gifted her with a level 10 guitar skill, so I have to find another sim for her to mentor once she actually starts interacting with other human beings again.

This girl is now suuuuper pregnant.
    naIzRng.png

Number one pregnancy craving - grilled cheese sandwiches. (Also notice the cute detail of her wearing Lydia's Britechester garb :) )
    sjaW9y5.png

"Are you seriously going to eat all three of those?!"
    FOMZu8x.png

"You betcha."
    cWkzmns.png

ji4k49w.png

Lydia really doesn't get this new obsession :D
    7sRMitA.png

woYIBGy.png

A couple random photos.
    w6DUxe2.png

Gotta fish at least once in every world...
    vz0WiZs.png

Finally 💀
    gIEkheA.png

In other news, Lydia has helped her rearrange her room and get new furniture for the arrival of the baby. Jules' plan right now is to stay here in Mt. Komorebi for the foreseeable future. She likes it here. She makes good money from her garden and other hobbies like painting, collecting, and licensing guitar songs. Why ever leave and face the world again? She can just stay here forever with her kid, right?
    sjQux8Y.png

So much useless CC, but it's cute :)
    rReqGQq.png

Except that inevitably, conversations about real life do eventually have to happen...

"I know you hate it when I bring this up, but have you told your ex and your family about the baby yet?"
    PPq8oZv.png

Jules sighed, "No, not yet. But I'm going to soon...I just have to figure out the right time...and the right way."
    ciH0DWV.png

And then, of course, Kaori came back from her cruise one gorgeous spring day.
    Pp2f0dI.png

And was understandably shocked at Jules' condition.
    hCLI1xH.png

"I'm really sorry I didn't mention it before you left," Jules muttered as she invited her in.

"Never mind that," Kaori soothed. "We have plenty of time to catch up now."
    hzEuL6w.png

So they spoke for a while, and Kaori told Jules all about her trip and she has agreed to keep Jules' pregnancy to herself, since she respects that Jules needs to tell people on her own terms.
    lCGTbd6.png

Jules seriously needs to get her act together. Or else outside factors might have to start coming into play to push the truth out of her...hmmmm.... :)
  • KanindotaKanindota Posts: 101 Member
    Day 67, 8th March
    mVaQ26c.png
    I’m not sure what to say about this. On the left are my dad and mum, with Dirk and Bjorn on the right. In Sulani, specifically Sapphire Shores...I know it. I think I visited there before and I don’t feel great about that place. Just thinking about the open sea makes my stomach lurch and I want to throw up. It’s weird I can’t remember exactly why.

But let’s forget about that, something else that’s weird. Manuel Zhou, a schoolmate, rang me to confess he had feelings for me. I thanked him for his honesty and told him that I did not feel the same way. Then an hour later, Dirk gets a phone call, Manuel Zhou managed to get his number and told him that one for him is Dirk. Anyways, Dirk got mad thinking I was passing his number around. I didn’t, I really didn’t… At least he hadn’t noticed our TV is brand new.

5295XAr.jpg

I found this photo bookmarking one of his programming books. I want to ask Dirk but he’s under a lot of pressure. Everything’s coming together: his side jobs, the video game, another app--I don’t know how he managed before me. Maybe I can ask Sofia? Or Kat, she could tell me what to do. But then Cass could also be an option. Or Luna, Dani, great...I’m a living Mambo No. 5 song.

Day 68, 9th March
    u1qloq2.jpg
    Tomax challenged me to a duel today and it was the most embarrassing thing. I lost and it sucked. Thankfully there was no audience and he could’ve gloated, but maybe he noticed how awful losing made me feel. This is never going to be spoken out loud but I am a sore loser. I love to compete, I was the best one mountain climber in my group of friends and though, I hate to apply myself--I’m pretty athletic--which helps in numerous situations. I still haven’t told Dirk about finding the photo, nor about the TV or that I’ve been looking into finding a way to bring him back. One of the Sages mentioned that it’s a possibility but only a few who can endure can reach the summit of the mountain...That’s what Sage Goto the Untamed said. Maybe I should just stick to potions, the Sages all agree that I’m excelling at it. I really want to win a magic duel, at least three. Better get practising more.

Notes
    Yeah, so Morgyn isn’t my Untamed Magic Sage nor is L. Faba my Mischief Magic Sage...I tried looking for them in my Other Households and Morgyn migrated to Sulani and that L. married someone else and has a baby. Honestly I don’t know what I’ve done to my game because when I was in Windenburg, it was only Wolf and his older brother--his younger brother and mum was missing. Oh, maybe I can use that for the game. Totally forgot to post yesterday’s update and so with this, I’m caught up. Baby is feeling better but boy oh boy, we’re having to learn and adjust nursing again with Juanito having more teeth. Again, love having the Challenge Sims about--I want to do more but I have no clue where to start. @AnnoyingTiger also I think I re-edit the latest post I originally tagged you in but you are also to welcome to add River in your game too.
  • KanindotaKanindota Posts: 101 Member
    EVERYONE! Sorry for the caps but how do you feel about uploading a skilled/current version of your challenge Sim to the gallery? If you hadn’t already, I don’t have a specific plan yet but I’m hoping to cook something up if not for this month then the next. And no pressure, if you’d rather not, that is a-okay too.

@Skeilah Oh my gosh, Morgyn’s spotted them. I hope this will cause him to rethink his plans/goals to kill Bryon’s dad. Happy that Brytani and the real Isaius and his doggo Wallace get a reunion, now they need to work together to kick real Isaius back into his body, save Bryon’s mama and save the world!

@Hermitgirl I really want to get the cleaning kit for the game but again I’m trying to show restraint for now. Roxanne’s painting, can River buy it off her if they do cross-game shipping? I’ve never seen that before, love it. Haha.

@Karababy52 I’m suddenly shipping Morgyn and Essa here, that battle and the way you wrote it: felt like some UST going on there. Though I’m worried about him saying Essa being his
    "---yesterday, today, tomorrow and FOREVER---"
    ...I’m a bit all [insert shifty eyes gif here] apprehensive. Like does he have the receipts for that? Or better yet, know that Essa is her own person and that girl is gonna do want she 🐸🐸🐸🐸 wants. So I may have talked myself out of this ship and back into it if it’s a healthy consensual thing.

@lilypadmeulin It’s okay. I feel like that with mine too and end up with not consistent stories. I usually write like I’m flying by the seat of my pants, it started out as comments and then River drowned in my game (Day 3 or 4) and I had to reset on my approach to the challenge. Don’t be sorry, as many have told me, you are in command of how you want to take the challenge!

@permanentrose Yay! Love that you worked the Grilled Cheese aspiration into Jules pregnancy and that Lydia is there to be all the support and more for Jules at this time. Ahh, I’m nervous for when the baby’s ready to come and that Jules hasn’t told her loved ones about the baby. Have you got a name for the baby? And also, do you use Maxis Match CC?

@SoulGal7 I am in stitches with your scouting adventure with the Challenge Sims gang. I was worried for a sec given River’s track record in my game, but with the update photos it just looked like River was making the fire come back and that he was using the stick as like some wand. Anyways, I love love love what you did with the Scouts and I can add, I’ve been making my River sing in the shower since January and he’s like Level 9 at Singing if you ever need a vocalist I offer him up, might have to MCCC him to upgrade his levels.

@AnnoyingTiger I’ve not sent River out to many festivals, nor do I know much about a lot of them, probably since starting the challenge and it’s cool see it in your play. It’s great see that Duane and Astrid’s relationship has progressed and it feels like they’re both secure in their feelings so I hope it goes well for the both of them and as always Pumpkin is cuuuutteee. It really made me chuckle when you added the speech bubbles too!
    edited March 2021
    Proper replies coming later of course, but I wanted to address some of @Kanindota’s questions quickly

I can re-upload Jules for sure, but @Skeilah will re-upload her for me on her own gallery with the hair I like but don’t own lol. Do you want a pregnant version of her? One when the baby is born? Or just plain old Jules LOL? Sorry, Jules comes with a lot of options these days :joy:

Don’t worry, Jules will be forced to get her act together very soon. I know what she’s naming the baby but Jules doesn’t yet :) And I try to use exclusively maxis match CC in my game, but I have a few things that might be a little more Alpha, just depends on what I’m looking for and what I can find :)
    edited March 2021
    March - Day 9: "But if there's love, dear, those are the ties that bind."

8LyWOCo.png

Notes
    OC0KrB0.png
    "Morgyn! What a nice surprise!"
    "I hope it's alright I didn't call first."

SDT5tgj.png
    "It's cool, we're family! You don't need an invitation. Come over any time."

hmtBgZ4.png
    "Alright, I will. Thank you. I know you had plans to travel to the Realm tonight, but since I was in town already, I thought I'd stop by to see if you were still here. I see you quite often through your window when I'm walking down the trail and keep meaning to visit, but it seems I'm always busy. I'm free the rest of the evening though. Do you have time to perhaps hang out, as one says?"

axXHTBx.png
    "Hey, that's great! I'm glad you did and yeah, I do! Have you had dinner yet? I could make you something?"
    "I had Dinner at Brews & Elixers, but thanks, sweet of you to offer."
    "Okay, no biggie. Hey! Do you like to play video games?"
    "Of course, they are a great tool to develop hand/eye coordination."
    "Well, yeah, sure, but they're just fun too! I bet I can beat you. That's one thing I know I'm good at! My boyfriend's a master and I beat him...only once, but that still counts, right? Wanna play?"
    "I'd love to."
    "Sweet! Let's go! Oh, you're going down Sage boy!"

oALGukg.png
    "YEAH! I win again!"
    "Man, I thought for sure I could beat you at this, at least once. Dangit!"

X0Vix89.png
    "Is there anything you aren't superior at doing?"
    "Not much, I can't help it Babe, I was born this way."
    "Babe?"
    "Oh, uh, sorry. Just letting down my hair a bit, as it were. Just slipped out."
    "Well, it's better than 'my child' so...it's cool."

wmnFzyK.png
    "Hey Morgyn, why did the cowboy get a dachshund? "
    "Well, now let's see. Hmm...I really have no idea."

T69vCXm.png
    "Because someone told him to 'get a long little doggie.'"
    Morgyn tries hard not to laugh, but...
    *snerk*
    *snicker*

axlcJFi.png
    "BWAHAHAHAHA!"
    "Oh that's so lame Essa. But I like it."

(Nice to see him let loose and laugh like that. It's gotta be tough always trying to act so proper and mature.)

UhIqDmW.png
    "Would you like to watch a movie? Have you seen Diamonds are Forever yet?"
    "Sure, and no, I haven't seen it. I don't usually watch very much television. Just whatever's on the TV at the bar sometimes. We don't have any TVs in the Realm."

1Y5SOSt.png
    "Oh, this is great! Lots of action and explosions!"
    "Ha! I knew you'd like the explosions."

zQK8kDL.png
    "Oh no! They're gonna crash!"
    "Come on, come on, turn Dude, turn!"
    *KAPOW*
    "Huzza!"

9bk8xt4.png
    "That was incredible! He got away, with the diamond and didn't use any magic to do it!"
    "Not everybody is a Spellcaster."
    "Oh, yeah, I know, believe me I know. He'd make a great one though. I mean, if he wasn't just an actor."
    "Hmm, maybe."

el3hncE.png
    "I should get going now, it's getting late and you have school, I don't want to keep you up all night."
    "Well, see, I have this little thing called a 'Plentiful Needs' potion Dad gave me. I could just gulp down one of those if you'd like to stay longer?"

shxdbSv.png
    "Ah, yes, a very handy potion to have at your disposal. You are one clever cookie...Babe."

yebXfKd.png
    "I had a great time tonight Morgyn, I'm so glad you stopped by. Let's do it again sometime real soon, okay?"
    "I'd love to, anytime. We've always had fun together, even when you were just a toddler. You always made me laugh and feel like I was important to you, just for being myself and nothing more."

thq3ELb.png
    "I'll always love you for that. I'm so happy to have you back in my life."

3qVCdhw.png
    "Aww Morgyn, I love you too. You're always so sweet to me, how could I not? It's like I've found the big brother I never knew I had."
    (Oh dear sweet Essa,I love you more than that, but big brother will be just fine. I shall be the best one ever for her, again.)
    "I'll see you tomorrow. Have a good night's rest Essa."

"G'night Morgyn! See ya soon!"

Extras
    G0srOIa.png
    Annnnd, just to squelch any thoughts of more than a Bro and Sis relationship between Essa and Morgyn, look who stopped by the next day. Hello gorgeous!

TgZVsWA.png
    Look at him, just look at him! Gawd I love this Sim so much! And so does Essa!

iQrJH3m.png
    Bye Joshie, can't wait until April 1st! See you soon!
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    March 9
    OaCt9kR.png

Bryons Diary
    Gabbie and I accepted what probably is our most impossible task yet: catch an Angelfish. I told Naoki about it immediately after I got home. He suggested to invite Jules over. Jules is a master fisher! We'll get that fish in no-time with Jules by our side... But first we have to wait until the weather is right. It's freezing cold now. What's a better way to kill time than potion brewing? Right? There is no better way!

waoTX1a.png
    But then a certain SOMEONE stole the cauldron to make mac and cheese in it. JULES!!

YPf3awI.png
    (Anyways, @permanentrose gave me the great idea to unlock the grilled cheese aspiration. So let’s do that while Bryon can’t access the cauldron.)

RFLPXbI.png
    (Ah, there's our cauldron thief)

xFqJN0X.png
    (Bryon) *Burp* "Oh sorry, that one just had to get out"

mbrp1t4.png
    The weather eventually cleared up, so the four of us went out to find that Angelfish.

shBeEKb.png
    Yep, this is going to take a while.

oZvojtp.png
    (Bryon) "Look at this, I caught a fish!!"
    (Jules) "Good job! Now you only need to fish the right one."
    (Bryon) "Ugh..."

tFWQgiB.png
    (Jules) "Well, at least they are getting bigger"

5VpXzVq.png
    (Bryon) "They are! This is actually pretty fun"
    (Jules) "I know!!"

4rWm9Ox.png
    Guess Jules and I are the only ones that thought like that, because Naoki and Gabbie are nowhere to be found anymore.

mAtv8P8.png
    (Jules) "We're back!!"
    (Bryon) "Looks like we got ourselves some pets, Naoki"
    (Naoki) "Yay!!"
    (Gabbie) "But.. Do we have an Angelfish?"

MggBSOA.png
    One Angelfish, right on the counter!

j23emG2.png
    (Gabbie) "You rock, Bryon!!!"
    (Jules, in the background) "Well, actually I caught it, but okay..."
    (Bryon) "Thank you so much, Jules. I owe you one."

Behind the scenes
    LdW2g2c.png
    So, Gabbie and Isaius explained their story to Morgyn. They told them that Gage was also involved, so now he is also at Gabbie’s place. Morgyn is out of the house for a second. They called with Eliza, and now Morgyn went to Windenburg to zap her to Glimmerbrook.

iJusL0a.png
    (Morgyn) “I'm back, and I brought company.”
    (Eliza) “Hello!”

JEGrb64.png
    (Eliza) “Nice to meet you, Isaius. Morgyn told me everything. I’m still a little confused about how complex everything is, but it’s nice to see you in... ghost-person?”

fr3I5Tl.png
    (Isaius) “Well, it’s pretty.. Transparant! Hahahaha!"
    (Eliza) “Hahaha! Oh Morgyn, I love this man already!”

xHC8vWo.png
    (Morgyn) “... Of course you do.”

Eliza had a nice talk with the ghost and then went back to talk with Morgyn.

rnugOki.png
    (Eliza) “So... I didn’t expect this to happen, but I like it. The real Isaius is actually a good guy!”
    (Morgyn) “I thought you’d like to know, since you’ve been on the Isaius case for so long now.”
    (Eliza) “Thank you, Morgyn.”

kd2hLBu.png
    (Morgyn) “Though I still want to ask you something that’s bothering me.”
    (Eiza) “Yeah?”
    (Morgyn) “We have to get the curse out of the body so that Isaius can go back, but what are you, as the police officer, going to do with the actual Isaius when this happens? We know now that Isaius never did something wrong, but he’s still in the guilty body.”

MIiwSgQ.png
    (Isaius) “Wait. Can I go back?”

LTA9A7C.png
    (Morgyn) “You can. But first the curse has to be defeated without harming the actual body, and you have to be close, because a lifeless body can only stay without a soul for a limited time”

OYYXqbW.png
    (Isaius) “That sounds... Difficult”
    (Morgyn) “It is difficult. We’ll need all the help we can get.. Spellcasters, Alchemists, Sages, Police officers, ... We’ll need it all. And everyone has to be powerful enough.”

dDXpJ5M.png
    (Eliza) “Well, if I can convince the police officers to help out... I think Isaius will be free to go wherever he wants to if he gets his body back”

Uf3YqV1.png
    (Isaius) “Really?!”
    (Eliza) “Really! I mean, one of my colleagues is a vampire. I think I got this.”

7HpizFT.png
    (Eliza) “But the Spellcasters and Alchemists are for you, Morgyn”
    (Morgyn) “No problem.”

lzQR1Hm.png
    (Morgyn) “There’s already one beautiful Spellcaster in this room...”

4UCUGs5.png
    (Morgyn) “And one future Alchemist sitting next to me...”
    (Gage) “What? Me?”
    (Morgyn) “Well, if you want of course. You’re more than welcome at the academy”

rnRVD3u.png
    Gage and Gabbie look to each other.

(Morgyn) “Something wrong?”
    (Gabbie) “Well... Can Gordon also join?”
    (Morgyn) “Oh, he’t the third friend, right? Of course, he’s also welcome.”

gCMHoPT.png
    (Gage) “I’ll tell him tomorrow!!”
    (Gabbie) “I’m so exited that we get to do this together!!”

---

But what they don’t know... Is that Gordon is in the hands of curse Isaius, and he's not going to let him go that easily.

jTOxZgJ.png
    (Isaius) “You see that, Gordon? I wasn’t lying to you. They’ve been betraying you. I’m the only one you can trust. They’re walking to the bad side, right into their trap. You get that, right?”

LBsX341.png
    (Gordon) “I can’t believe it... I thought we were all friends... How long have they been doing this?”
    (Isaius) “I immediately went to get you when I saw this. I just found out myself.”

plzAKXS.png
    (Gordon) “I’m so sorry that my ‘friends’ weren’t loyal to you, boss... I didn’t know...”
    (Isaius) “No worries, Gordon. I’ll immediately send them a letter of resignation. But... You are still with me, right?”

9Fa6ep1.png
    (Gordon) “Of course! I don’t want to be with those betrayers! They're not my friends anymore! I'll always be right by your side, boss!”

lxsymTQ.png
    (Isaius) “Good. In that case, let's pack our things. We’re going to move the base.”

(For those who wanna know, those red eyes keep Gordon in a trans. That's basically how Isaius got the G-gang to do some of those absurd things for him. They just followed him along without question, until Gabbie started to feel uncomfortable around him, because he wouldn't learn her magic. Later also Gage lost the effect of the trans, but Gordon is still trapped in it. Poor Gordon.)
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!

Day 19, Month 1

02-28-21_2-59-51_PM.png?width=721&height=577

Megumi came over to visit Jenny!

Day 20, Month 1

03-02-21_3-57-25_PM.png?width=721&height=577

Jenny and Rohan went to the Spice Festival on a date, and had a really good time.

Day 21, Month 1

03-02-21_4-06-23_PM.png?width=721&height=577

A good look at our collections at the moment - Jenny got a lot of eggs on egg day, and they look so pretty on the shelf!

Day 22, Month 1

03-02-21_4-18-07_PM.png?width=721&height=577

Jenny went to visit the Itos for the weekend!

Day 23, Month 1

03-02-21_4-29-06_PM.png?width=721&height=577

Catching up with Nanami at the Ito house...

Day 24, Month 1

03-09-21_6-17-43_PM.png?width=721&height=577

We got Golden Mayor Whiskers! Sold for $750!

Day 25, Month 1

03-09-21_7-09-39_PM.png?width=721&height=577

Jenny attending to bees-ness.

Day 26, Month 1

03-09-21_7-33-10_PM.png?width=721&height=577

Another school project in the works!

Day 27, Month 1

03-09-21_8-17-47_PM.png?width=721&height=577

Jenny tending to her garden...

Day 28, Month 1

03-09-21_8-29-43_PM.png?width=721&height=577

His name is Boop and we are KEEPING him.

Now, onto the first update of the new world Jenny is moving to!

• AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
  • AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    @SoulGal7
    It was... at first. But the dust gathers far too quickly which puts sims in a bad mood. Plus, the dust bunnies can get you rich super easy, gathering items such as the 10k artifacts from JA. I honestly had to turn it off because it was working my last nerve lol And yes, Eliza just appeared and tried to mess with the bees. They've been super moody the past few days xD And no, the place I showed was the library where she visited. I should have sent her inside to read so people would know but other things happened lol

@Hermitgirl
    I mean, to be fair, if you work together you can "bust the dust" a lot quicker :D And yeah it takes way too long to vacuum. I usually just have them throw away the trash and that does it because I just can't be bothered with the vacuum lol

@Karababy52
    Those pictures are so cool =D Woah, calm down there Morgyn, yeesh. I think he got a biiiit too into that.

At the park. I didn't know about the 2am thing... they used to spawn after a few minutes every time I loaded into a place. Did they change that? I'll have to test the 2am thing and see if it works for me. Stronk is basically calling someone strong but in a meme-ish way, I think. It's a good thing, don't worry~

@Skeilah
    Ooo good thing she was able to sense the curse. I love how she's like "I'm the sage of mischief, you can turn everything into a curse." Brilliant. Poor guys, though, they have no clue how to fish and I don't believe the angelfish is an easy one, either. I wish them good luck.

That potion looks so happy lol And hey, cauldron mac n cheese is waaaay better than mac n cheese made in a pot :P Glad they were able to catch an angelfish! Hopefully, the potion goes well and they can save Roo.

@lilypadmeulin
    Welcome back! And I hope you won't stress too much :) You never would have known if you hadn't given it a try and if it's too stressful, just go back to something easier, no problem. Welcome back~

Glad she had fun on her date, and those eggs are so pretty. I've always loved the eggs, but I always forget to add the holiday to the calendar lol Golden mayor whiskers?? I didn't know there was that one, but now I REALLY want to find it =D His name is Boop - I love it! So adorable~

@permanentrose
    They look so cute together ahhh Grilled cheese is a classy dish, how can she not be obsessed? The death flower looks so cool <3 The room is adorable, good job on it.

@Kanindota
    Aww, he got a confession, how cute <3 I hope he's able to get better at dueling and win those matches, I'm rooting for him!

I don't mind adding my skilled version of Astrid, but she hasn't learned much since I started my challenge later than everyone else. Yes, pumpkin has become quite a staple in my heart, I love her so very much <3
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
    Okay, I have a lot to catch up from today! Glad to see so many updates though, I love all of your sims <3

@SoulGal7
    Yay for Sakura's cowplant, and what a cute name! And yay for finishing that aspiration! Also totally loving the idea of a girls music group/band, and calling it the Plumbobs was such a cute idea! The name of the fat llama company really was perfect to use with the sims, I thought you had made it up at first, but even better that it's real since it feels meant for the sims :) Do you have the 8 members picked out yet? Curious to see who they will all be!

Also too funny about Wolfgang asking her to join the Renegades :D I don't think I ever shared this screenshot officially, but Siobhan asked Jules to join the Paragons, WHILE SHE WAS STILL IN THE RENEGADES :D A part of me wishes I would have had her join - it would have been pretty funny for her to be in both haha.

73evCwq.png

Also a note about your comments - I know, Lydia and Jules escalated very quickly LOL, I was a bit impatient there. I waited for Jules and Mario to do their first woohoo for so long though so I figured Jules earned a fast night of passion lol. I mean, it's been several "months" since she broke up with Mario now, I'm sure she was getting, erm, a bit needy in that department ;)

@AnnoyingTiger
    Astrid looks like she has a nice garden going! Also, I don't think I've ever asked, how long are your seasons, and do you play for just one sim day at a time, or do you play for more than that per update? Tessa and Astrid are cute friends, and I like that little diolgue with the spicy food, very cute and funny :joy: Also Tessa in her bra and the little conversation with Pumpkin made me chuckle too. No one can ever steal the spotlight from Pumpkin. She is the star of every update <3

Except now she really has to share the spotlight! KITTENS, WOW! When I first saw the title, I was like OH NO DO WE HAVE ANOTHER TEEN PREGNANCY? lol. I'm assuming you didn't plan Pumpkin's kittens, or else you kept that secret well :) I have selected "fixed" for most of my pets in CAS, but I should give some of them the opportunity to make cute little puppies and kittens, because OMG, aren't Catastrophy and Sam just the cutest?? Omg, kittens <3<3<3 Astrid has her hands full, but I am so looking forward to seeing those little guys in your updates

@Hermitgirl
    And so the household grows lol. Well, not technically, since the maid won't live with them, but when they come around enough, they start feeling like part of the family. My game generated a male maid too, and I've really grown found of him. That dust is intense, wow! Not sure if I could handle that in my game yet, though I did see in a thread that you can use the hand vacuum to vacuum a toddler to clean them up. Archie should do that with Nester LOL

@Karababy52
    Wow, that duel was intense. Morgyn is very intense, and I saw @Kanindota's comment about the chemistry between them, and I have to wonder as well if that's the vibe you were going for. Does Morgyn have feelings for Essa??? Poor girl can't catch a break if so :joy: I feel like Morgyn's intentions and feelings about her are rather ambiguous at this time...idk how I feel about him in your save yet, I was thinking he might end up being like an older brother figure to her, but now I sense that you're going in a different direction with this...I guess I shall have to wait and see!

Also your place holder screenshot for today (tomorrow?) is fantastic, what a great shot!

@Skeilah
    Yay L. for recognizing that the cat is a cursed person! And I love that the solution is a potion, I guess you're just making up this potion since the cat curse is made up by you too, but I love the addition of needing an angel fish! Gives Bryon a good chance to work on his fishing aspiration, and I love that Jules was the one to catch it haha. She actually might be a skilled fisher in the version you have since that's the first skill I really worked on with her. Also OF COURSE SHE CHANGED YOU POTION INTO MAC AND CHEESE :D Jules is such a stinker in all of your games lol. I should just let her run wild in my game and see what kind of havoc she wreaks lol

Also very sweet of Brytani and the real Isaius to meet each other, and also Wallace. <3<3<3

And the behind the scenes stuff intensifies once again! We've got the whole magic world and the law enforcement department on the same page now, watch out Isaius! But of course, we can't win them all - poor Gordon getting put under a trance. That doesn't seem like it will end well for him

@Kanindota
    Ah, the need for poses finally appears in your story, and I love how you used them! What a cute beach shot of River's parents with Dirk and Bjorn. I forget, are River's parents still alive? I can't remember the back story you had for him, sorry! I'm guessing that this beach trip may have contained a little bit of infidelity from River's mom's part haha, if this is any indication of River getting closer to the truth. I was going to say that River looks like a good mix of his parents, but then I remembered that Bjorn is actually secretly his dad so it's just coincidental that he looks like his "dad" then haha

Also laughing over Manuel Zhou's persistence with Dirk and River, LOL. I don't think I've ever had a phone call like that in my game, definitely entertaining. Also nice shot of River with the cauldron!

@lilypadmeulin
    Yay, glad to see you back! I hope you find the perfect way you enjoy updating that makes you feel happy and excited about playing and posting! As you can see, we all kind of do our own thing here, and I love that about this challenge. Just glad to see Jenny again, and it looks like she had a productive last few days in Mt. Komorebi. I am very glad the Boop the school project will be moving with her lol. What world is next for you, Windenburg? Whatever it is, I'm excited to see Jenny's adventures there!
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited March 2021
    This is a bit long, but features all of the challenge sims. Hope you enjoy the auditions!

February (Tuesday): Day 22: 'The Plumbobs' Auditions

sakura-completed-leader-of-the-pack.png
    After school, Sakura came home and quickly tended her garden. And, yes, it was raining again!

fertilizing-her-plants.png

While she was at school, Sakura had arranged for Joaquin to let the delivery crew into her house and to have them set up the "loaned" instruments in the conservatory. Joaquin, of course, ensured that everything was done perfectly.

audition-room.png

Sofia and Sakura had talked it over and decided that they should have a bass guitar and an acoustic guitar, two violins, two microphones, an electric keyboard and a synthesizer. Of course, Sofia would play guitar, and Sakura would play piano. As far as vocals, Sofia had a very lilting singing voice, and Sakura said that although she could sing, she much preferred to just play the keyboards. Tonight, Sofia and Sakura had to choose the best six from all the auditions. Each candidate would play a piece of music on the instrument of their choice, and also sing a song. They needed two singers with unique vocals who would sound good together.

Sofia and Sakura were setting up their chairs, when they heard a knock on the door. It was their first candidate.

audition.png

Roxanne: "Hi, I'm Roxanne Newbury. I called yesterday about joining the Music Club."

Sofia: "Hi Roxanne. I'm Sakura and this is Sofia. We are actually auditioning for more than a Music Club. We've decided to start a band. So, tonight, you would be auditioning to be a member of The Plumbobs."

ROXANNE-AUDITION.png

Roxanne sat down at the synthesizer. "Auditioning for a band? Wow! I never thought I would be doing that. But yeah, that sounds pretty cool."

Sakura: "So, Roxanne, what instrument do you play?"

Roxanne: "I can play a few instruments, but my favorite is Bass guitar. I've brought it with me."

Sofia: "So, if you could play us one song, and then we're also going to ask you to sing. Are you ready?"

Roxanne: "Prepare to be dazzled!" she said as she started into a bass line. Roxanne's playing was phenomenal, and Sakura and Sofia both thought they were at a rock concert. Sakura thought she even saw smoke swirling around Roxanne's feet.

on-the-bas-guitar-roxanne.png

roxanne-is-great.png

Sofia whispered to Sakura: "She's really good..." and proceeded to head up and join Roxanne on the guitar.

After auditioning on the bass guitar, Roxanne sang a rock song.

shes-a-natural.png

Sofia and Sakura thanked Roxanne and told her they would be in touch. Once Roxanne left, Sofia and Sakura chatted and they both agreed that Roxanne was definitely in.

roxanne-is-definitely-in.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Next up was Melody Connors.

melody-looked-so-different-from-scout-camp.png

Both Sofia and Sakura knew Melody from Scouts, but she looked so different out of her Scout uniform.

Melody: "Hi Sofia! Hi Sakura! So nice to see you both again. That was some wild Scout camp, Sakura, but I had a lot of fun."

Sofia, Sakura and Melody chatted a bit about the Scout camp.

Melody: "Anyway, I saw the flyer at school and thought I would come by for an audition for the Music Club."

Sakura explained that the auditions were actually for their band, called The Plumbobs. Melody seemed pretty excited about auditioning for a band.

Sakura: "So, if you could play a song on the instrument of your choice, and then we'd also like you to sing."

MELODY-SEEMED-LIKE-A-NATURAL-AT-THE-PIANO.png

Melody: "I can actually play violin and piano, but the piece I am going to play is a piano piece." Melody sat down at the piano and played for them.

Then she headed up to the microphone and sang a blues song.

melody-looked-really-good.png

When Melody left, Sofia and Sakura discussed Melody's audition, and both agreed that she was in, although Sofia said she wanted to hear Melody play a violin piece as well.

WHAT-DO-YOU-THINK-OF-MELODY.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The next to audition was Astrid Scott.

ASTRID-TRYING-OUT.png

Astrid: "Hey! I'm Astrid Scott. I'm here to audition for the Music Club, but before I do, I need to ask you a question."

astrid-was-next.png

Sofia: "Sure, what is it?"

Astrid: "Do you like cats? Because I have a cat named Pumpkin, and sometimes I might have to bring Pumpkin to the club. Would that be okay?"

Sofia and Sakura looked at each other, "Sure! Sure, we like cats. But just so you know, the audition is for our band, The Plumbobs."

Astrid: "A band? Oh, do you think the other band members like cats, too?"

Sofia: "Well, we don't know who the band members will be yet, but I am sure they won't mind."

Sakura: "Whenever you are ready, if you could play us a song on the instrument of your choice and then sing us a song."

thats-great-astrid.png

Astrid began to play the violin and missed a few notes, but she managed to finish. Astrid apologized and said she should have warmed up a bit first.

nice-voice.png

Astrid then took to the microphone and both Sofia and Sakura were astounded by Astrid's voice. Astrid sang a show tune, something from "SimCats" and Astrid had an unbelievable range. She could hit those really high notes, and then swing down to a very low note. She also looked pretty confident.

After Astrid left, Sofia said that Astrid's violin skills were not the best, but her vocals were amazing. They both agreed that they may have found one of their lead singers.

she-most-defintiely-needs-work.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    The next sim to arrive for an audition was Penny Lane.

NEXT-UP-WAS-PENNY-LANE.png

Penny: "Are these the auditions? I'm Penny Lane. I usually don't go to something like this unless my agent books me..."

Sofia: "Your agent?"

Penny: "Yes, anyone who is anyone these days has an agent. But I am going to save you the trouble and tell you that I'd be perfect for the job. So when do I start?"

Sofia: "Um...this isn't a job interview. We're auditioning for a band."

Penny: "Oh, alright, so, you want me to act like I'm in a band? Okay, I can do that. What's the part? Lead singer who falls in love with a mobster?" she said moving to the microphone.

IM-JUST-APPLYING-FOR-LEAD-SINGER.png

Sofia: "No, this is going to be a real band. What instrument do you play?"

THIS-IS-A-BAND-I-THOUGHT-THIS-WAS-A-SOLO-GIG.png

Penny: "You're kidding me, right? You actually expect me to play an instrument and get my manicure messed up? Pleeeaassee!"

Penny's phone buzzes, "Hey...um...look...I've gotta run. Got a gig in Del Sol Valley. I'll call you and let you know if I still want the job..."

OH-WOW-I-GOTTA-RUN-LATERZ.png

Sofia: "But it's not a job...grrrr...."

Sofia turned to Sakura, "I don't know what just happened, but Penny is a definite NO!" Sakura agreed.

um-teah-penny-is-a-no.png

Sakura and Sofia decided to take a bit of a break before seeing the next candidates.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    After the break, Tessa Tyler was up next for an audition.

what-instrument-do-you-play.png

Tessa: "Hi, I'm Ess...er...Tessa Tyler. I was really hoping to join the Music Club. Is there still room available?"

Sakura: "Hi Tessa! I'm Sakura and this is Sofia. Yes, we still have room, but the auditions are now for our band, The Plumbobs."

Tessa: "A band? Oh wow! My boyfriend is away right now on tour singing with Adam Lambert. Have you heard of him?"

Sofia: "THE Adam Lambert? Oh my gosh! Your boyfriend must be really good. And what about you? Are you that good?"

Tessa: "Well, I...uh...well...I'm not in the league of Adam Lambert, but I think I'm pretty good."

Sakura explained that they wanted to hear Tessa play something and then sing a song.

tessa-audition.png

Tessa picked up a violin and played. The violin piece Tessa had chosen was a very difficult piece to play, and Tessa's playing sounded scratchy. Sofia cringed and felt like she needed to put some cotton batten in her ears.

Tessa stopped suddenly. "Hey, I'm really sorry. I think I used too much rosin on the bow. I really do play a lot better than that. Could I...do you think I could start again? I just need to wipe some of this stuff off. I'm just...I'm just a bit nervous," she said looking around the room, as if she thought someone was watching her.

Sakura told Tessa that it was fine and Tessa wiped off the strings and bow and tried again. This time, the piece sounded a lot better.

Sakura then asked Tessa to sing.

she-had-lots-of-personality.png

Tessa seemed more relaxed when she sang a folk song, and her voice was pretty good.

Sofia and Sakura thanked Tessa. Sofia was a bit uncertain on whether Tessa should be in the band, but Sakura said they should give her a chance. Afterall, Tessa had chosen an extremely difficult violin piece for the audition and she had aced it. Well, she had the second time around. Sofia thought about it and agreed, but said that she would ensure that Tessa didn't use too much rosin the next time.

i-think-its-a-good-idea.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Jenny Proserpin arrived next to audition.

jenny-ca-you-sing-for-us.png

Jenny: "Hi, I'm Jenny Proserpin, and I'm here to audition for the Music Club."

Sakura and Sofia introduced themselves and explained about the band. Jenny was a bit shy, but in chatting with her, Sakura and Sofia realized that Jenny was such a sweet, cheerful teen.

Sofia told her they needed her to play a song and then sing a song for them.

jenny-looked-good.png

Jenny grabbed the acoustic guitar and started playing a country tune. Her fingers changed chords effortlessly. Sakura and Sofia both thought she was pretty good.

jenny-audition-very-high-voice.png

Jenny then headed to the microphone and sang a country ballad. Sakura looked at Sofia in astonishment when Jenny started singing. For someone so shy, Jenny could really sing. Jenny's voice hovered in the high range, and had a 'twang' to it. But she sang with such emotion that made the melancholy ballad she was singing, even sadder. Sakura and Sofia knew that they had found their other lead vocalist, who would harmonize very well with Astrid's vocals.

jenny-was-great-on-guitar.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    The last candidate was Jules Warner.

LAST-BUT-NOT-LEAST-IS-JULES.png

Jules strutted in like she owned the place. "Hi, I'm Jules Warner. That's Jules - not Julia - Warner. A lot of sims confuse my name, so I just wanted to make sure you got it right to start with. I'm here to try out for the Music Club."

Sofia: "Of course, but just so you know, it's actually an audition for our band, called The Plumbobs."

Jules: "A band audition? That's pretty fab," she said as she quickly snapped a selfie of herself.

WE-HAVE-A-DIVA.png

Sofia whispered to Sakura, "Diva alert!"

Sakura: "Jules, we've asked everyone to play a song on the instrument of their choice and then sing a song. Have you prepared something?"

Jules: "Yes, a few pieces. I'm just not sure what instrument to play."

Sakura: "Oh, do you play a lot of instruments?"

Jules: "Yeah, kind of. I actually dabble in everything. It just gets so boring to play just one instrument all the time. But I guess if I have to choose, I will play the guitar."

JULES-GUITAR-AUDITION.png

Jules picked up the guitar, tuned a few strings and played a tune. She was good, but there was only room for two guitarists, and Sakura and Sofia had already settled on Roxanne.

JULES-AUDITION.png

Jules then went to the microphone and sang a pop song. Jules had a strong voice and could certainly belt out a tune. When she finished her song she smiled at Sofia and Sakura, "So, what do you think? Am I in?"

Sofia: "Well, Sakura and I have to talk about all the auditions and we'll give you a call back..."

Jules: "I see," she said as she looked around and spied a synthesizer in the corner, "Is that a Korg Prologue 16 Polyphonic Analogue Synthesizer?"

Sofia shrugged her shoulders, "I really don't know..."

jules-at-the-synthesizer.png

Jules: "Yes, it is! This is such an awesome synthesizer with a massive sonic palette. You can really feel the music with this baby. Listen to this..." she said adjusting some knobs and sliding the slider while she played the keyboard.

Sakura: "Whoa! You really are good on this! Do you think you could play this as a member of the band?"

jules-joins-the-plumbobs.png

Jules: "Are you serious? I'm in the band? Woot! Woot!" she said as she pushed a button and flipped a switch.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Jules continued to do a demo on the synthesizer and just then the door opened and in walked Bryon Ellison, River Funke-Townes, and Wolfgang Munch.

hey-what-are-you-guys-doing-here.png

Sakura: "Hi, what are you guys doing here?"

Bryon: "Hey Sakura, Sofia...and Jules...we saw some flyers at school and thought we would come and audition."

Sofia: "Um...sorry guys, there was an error on the flyer....and..."

River, Bryon and Wolfgang ignored Sofia and headed to the instruments.

Wolfgang: "Um...just wait until you hear us. We'll just show you what you are missing by not having us..."

you-guys-are-pretty-good.png

Sakura: "...You guys are pretty good, but, we...um...decided to go with an all-girl group."

Bryon laughed, "We already knew that. Roxanne told us. We were just kidding around..."

tell-me-im-right-right.png

River: "What we really came here for was to audition as your roadies. I mean you can't carry all this stuff around to all your gigs, can you?"

Sofia: "Our gigs? What gigs?"

thats-great-sakura.png

Wolfgang: "Yeah, every great band needs roadies to haul their stuff, and I can borrow my Mom's mini-van..."

Sofia: "But we aren't going anywhere. We don't have any gigs..."

hello-yes-we-have-a-gig.png

Just then Sakura's cell phone rang. It was her music teacher telling her that he had booked their band for a charity concert this weekend.

sofia-we-have-out-first-gig.png

Sakura: "Sofia, you aren't going to believe this! We have our first gig! This weekend!"

Sofia: "We have a gig? We haven't even practiced yet! Oh my gosh, we better figure out who is going to be in the band."

like-what-if-one-of-those-instruments-fell-on-you.png

River: "So, are we in?"

Sakura: "Yeah, sure, you can be our roadies..."

we-are-roadies-for-the-plumbobs-alright.png

Bryon, River and Wolfgang all shouted together, "We're in the band! Roadies for The Plumbobs! Sweeettt!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

All of the challenge sims started with no skills, except Roxanne who had some guitar, singing and piano skills. And, of course, Sofia, who is level 8 guitar, and level 6 singing. Penny Lane is a sim I created just for this chapter.

Rosin creates friction, allowing the bow to grip the strings and make them vibrate more clearly. Violinists and violists tend to use a lighter rosin for their instruments, while darker rosins are used for cellos and double bass-es, A stroke or two of rosin can last for at least a few hours of playing time.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    *Updated my March 9th post above (including the title) - Comments and replies coming up next! Hope y'all had a fabulous day/night! <3
    edited March 2021
    @Skeilah
    Hmm, maybe short in how many to comment to, but not short in the actual comments themselves. I don't think? :D

March 8 - Oh, good Bryon knows how to turn 'kitty' back into Roxanne again. Boy is he going to be surprised and Gabbie, when they see who the cat actually turns out to be! o.O

Oh dear, ghost Isaius followed Gabbie home. Well it turns out to be a good thing though. Nice reunion for all of them. Especially with Wallace and Isaius. Very sweet!

I haven't commented on it yet, but I see you already got the Angelfish in the next chapter. I wish I'd been able to comment before now. All you had to do was go to the market stalls in Caster's Alley. They have Angelfish there. Doesn't matter now though since they got one. :)

March 9 - Oh boy, I feel bad for Gordon now, still trapped in curse Isaius's trance. I hope they can pull him out of that somehow, or when they ask him to join, he's going to go running straight to curse Isaius with all the inside information. Of course, the G-Gang hasn't proven to be all that smart in the past, except Gabbie. So he might flub something up in the process. I hope so!

@permanentrose
    Glad Jules is still doing well in her pursuit of aspirations and traits. Cute nursery, love the CC. Glad Lydia brought up about how Jules needs to tell Mario and her family about what's going on. She does! Nice that Kaori has agreed to keep her secret. Looking forward to the next update. :)

Yes Morgyn was intense in their duel. I think he may have been showing off a bit. :D Morgyn does have feelings for Essa, he's loved her since they were children. But it was more a big brother vibe back then. Now that they are both older, he's looking at her with new eyes as a romantic interest, building on that love from the past. However, after today's chapter, he knows that Essa has a boyfriend and does not look at him in that way. She loves him, yes, but as a big brother family kind of love, only. Essa loves Josh, and that's never going to change. Morgyn will respect that Essa only loves him as a friend/big brother. We won't see a repeat performance as with Essa and Damon.

@Kanindota
    Aha! And the mystery of how Bjorn became River's Dad is a little bit clearer. If they were all friends, that can sometimes happen. I wonder if River's supposed Dad knows or not. Hmmm...

Love the Mambo #5 reference, it's perfect! :D Man, those random phone calls with crushes are so weird! None of my Sims have ever gotten one, but I've seen other Simmers mention them in other threads. Good that Dirk hasn't noticed about the TV...yet. o.O

Bummer River lost against Tomax, but good Tomax didn't gloat about it. That's surprising really, he usually gloats in my game. Nice that he really likes alchemy and making potions. Some Spellcasters that's all they do, so if he ends up just doing that, he'll be happy I'm sure! Good luck winning those three duels, it can be VERY tough sometimes. At least in my experience.

Sad about what happened to your Sages. :( So glad I don't have MCCC right now. Maybe in the future I will since it does so much. Glad your baby is feeing better! I think my daughter-in-law is wishing she could wean my Grandson right now. He's teething too and she's tried, but he won't take a bottle, he refuses. So she's still nursing until she can get him to take the bottle. Good luck to you and your Son! :)

Oh gosh, concerning the duel with Morgyn and Essa, Morgyn didn't mean it literally that way, he was talking about how he 'owned' her by being able to defeat her always! Not that he 'owned' her as a person, nope. However, he does love her as more than just friends. But she sees him as a big brother, only! There will not be any kind of repeat performance as to what happened between Essa and Damon. Morgyn has more of a history with her, they were very close as children, even if she doesn't remember. He does, and he's loved her ever since.

Now that they are older, he looks at her with new eyes as a romantic interest that would build on the love he already has for her. After this latest chapter, he knows though that Essa has a boyfriend and doesn't feel the same way about him. He will respect that. Lastly, I have to laugh over your comment, "does he have receipts?" HAHA I love that! By the way, what is UST? Did you mean if I were to put an 'L' in front of that. If so, yeah, there was definitely some tension in that manner going on, at least for Morgyn. Probably from all the adrenaline they were both feeling and Morgyn's real feelings for her. That look she gave Morgyn as he passed her? She was 'impressed' with him, even had the Sentiment for it, that's all. It was like the look a pre-teen/teen would give a rock star. If that makes sense? :) Something, like, "Oh WOW! He's really cool!" :D

I very, very rarely go online when playing my game. I can certainly do that though in the future once you've decided what you want to do with our Sims that are skilled. Just let me know. :)

@lilypadmeulin
    Nice run of updates! Some standouts - I had no idea there was a Mayor Whiskers Simi worth that much. Wow, go Jenny! I've always liked that little robot they can make from a school project. I would've kept it too! Love all the eggs she found, the glowing ones are so pretty! Good luck after moving to the new world. :)

@AnnoyingTiger
    You freaked me out with the title of this chapter. For a minute there I thought Astrid and Duane were going to be parents! o.O Especially since the first thing you showed was how Astrid and Duane were out on a date. I thought, okay, must be they get frisky at the end of the date. :D Nope, it was Pumpkin! That little naughty girl! :D The twin kittens Catastrophy and Sam are absolutely adorable! I love how they have crossed eyes. hehe Fabulous Chapter. Will Astrid be keeping them?

Yeah Morgyn did get a little intense eh? :D But that pretty much defines him doesn't it? Thanks about the pics. :)

EDIT: Forgot to add, no as far as I know they didn't change anything with when plants spawn. It's always been that way. The first time you visit a park or elsewhere, the dig sites might spawn or soon after. But after that initial spawn, it will revert to the after 12-2 a.m. time slot. That's how it happens in my game anyway. Oh, I wasn't worried it was something bad I figured it meant strong, but couldn't figure out where the 'k' came from or what it meant. :D

@SoulGal7
    First of all, Congrats to Sakura for finishing the Leader of the Pack aspiration! \o/ Go Sakura. Secondly, I LOVED all the auditions, they were so fun! I also loved how you incorporated what's happening in my challenge save with yours in mentioning Josh singing with Adam. That was very cool! I also loved that there was a surprise character, Penny Lane. Guessing in reference to the Beatles song. ;) That Sim was so stuck on herself eh? 'Oh goodness, I might break a nail!' Cracked me up! Sweet the guys will be the roadies for the girls. Like how you did that so all the challenge characters can be involved. :) Great update!
    edited March 2021
    This one got long, but I found it very entertaining so I hope you guys do too :) Funnily enough, Jules doesn't even show up in this update :D
    --

Update 69 - Operation Find Jules

kuyHj2h.png

Notes:
    For months now, Emmett had been prone to mopey moods. He missed Jules. He hadn't heard from her in ages, and he hated that he had pushed her away. He had heard from Brittany that she and Mario had broken up, but when he had texted her about it, she had never answered. He had tried a few more times to contact her via text message and social media, but when he was greeted with silence, he eventually decided to give her space. After all, he had been the one to suggest that initially...stupid...
    GIH3Hrm.png

"Emmie, book, please!" Evelyn requested, snapping him out of his mood for the moment. And when when twin found him, the other was sure to follow. He could never stay sullen for too long with the twins around.
    l5uAAaR.png
    L3iPZn3.png

Meanwhile, a visitor approached the Keyes residence.
    227VKje.png

"Who are you?" Eliza asked, answering the door.
    IHV2zPe.png

"My name is Hugo Villareal. Does Emmett Keyes live here?"
    "Yeah, he's downstairs. Follow me."
    2lEkeho.png

"Emmett, someone named Hugo is here to see you."
    ICLPw8N.png

Emmett turned around to look at Hugo, wondering if he was supposed to know him from somewhere. "We can chat upstairs," he told him. "Eliza, can you entertain the twins for a bit?"

Once upstairs, they found a place to sit and chat.

Hugo began the conversation, "I'm sorry to come here unexpectedly, but I didn't have your number. For months now, I've been wondering what happened to a girl named Jules Warner. Well, the other day, I was cooking dinner, and I heard my sister talking to her friend, Brittany - your girlfriend, right?" Emmett nodded slowly. "And Brittany was saying something about how you missed Jules a lot, and it caught my attention. I wanted to ask them more about her and if I could get your number, but I didn't really know how to bring it up, because my sister isn't usually very nice to me, so I just ended up asking my little brother if he could hack into the school system and get your address since he's good at stuff like that - sorry, that's probably weird, but anyway, that's why I'm here..."
    ZfY0Sw8.png

"Wait, how do you know Jules?" Emmett tried to piece together's Hugo's rambling, but Jules' name was all that stood out.
    tvUN1no.png

"Well, we were kind of dating back before she disappeared," Hugo said with a small, smug smile.
    rr86Xuo.png

"Wait, what??"
    0quPIdz.png

"Okay, maybe not actually dating, but we went on a date together, and I could tell it was going somewhere. If she hadn't disappeared..."
    RrJbYwe.png

"Okay, what's all this about her disappearing? I haven't heard from in ages, but I figured she had moved back in with her sister after breaking up with her boyfriend."
    ic0eGNh.png

"Wait, her boyfriend? Okay, I'm starting to get confused..." Hugo admitted, and it took them both a few more tries to get on the same page.
    rZ1oclK.png

Emmett was becoming increasingly worried, realizing that Jules hadn't just been ignoring him all this time, and that perhaps something was actually wrong.
    Kx6vh4e.png

"Okay, I have an idea," Emmett finally declared. "We should visit Mario, her ex-boyfriend. Maybe he has some answers..."

Off to Windenburg...

"Dude, this guy is literally my neighbor, didn't even know, could have saved myself a step," Hugo mused as Emmett led him toward the door of Mario's home.
    z5AnLze.png

"Oh, hey," Mario answered the door. "What are you guys doing here?"
    WrElngY.png

They explained the situation once again.
    HSLotX3.png

And Mario was able to shed a little bit more clarity. "I haven't heard from her in months either. She went to move in with her cousin, Bex, after we broke up - I'm renting this cottage from Bex, and Bex is helping me with some of the renovations I've been doing, so I chat with her every now and then. Bex said she's not sure where Jules went either, but that Jules emails her every so often. She's on some sort of soul searching journey apparently..."
    cPw2Wvw.png

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Emmett demanded. "We have to go see Bex and find out if she knows anything new."

"Um, I really don't think she knows anything," Mario answered.

But Emmett was persistent, and with Hugo's pleads as well, Mario gave in, and they were on their way to Bex's mansion shortly. (And apparently Mario had to change his shirt too :D) Mario also explained quietly to Emmett the very few details he knew about the Hugo situation, and that it had apparently all been part of some kind of mission with Bex, which definitely cleared up a few of Emmett's questions.

"Hey, Mario! What's up?" Bex greeted him. "And I see you brought some friends..."
    nEQg3EG.png

They settled in the kitchen to continue the conversation. "What's going on?" Bex inquired.
    wkub4a9.png

One again, the boys relayed the story, and Bex told them she was sorry to say that she didn't know where she was either.

"Sorry, I tried to tell them that," Mario apologized.
    SMeLBBu.png

But Emmett and Hugo both looked so sullen that Bex did share the tiny piece of information she had. "She left her phone, and I was able to take a look at her recent texts and call log. She didn't seem to share her plans with anyone, but her last call was to a girl named Kaori. I did try to call her a few times, but I never got through."
    t2Ah6fh.png

"Kaori was in the Curiosity Club with Jules," Mario offered, already guessing Emmett and Hugo's next question. "They meet at the Quad Manor - it's not that far. Come on, I'll take you guys..."

They thanked Bex for her hospitality, and were off once again.

Kaori was indeed at the Quad Manor, just settling in to read an e-book.
    VMGH5Pr.png

"Oh hey," she looked up as the three boys approached her. "Can I help you guys?"
    uyiNQh1.png

Several minutes later, Kaori was up to speed as well.

"Listen, I don't know if I should say anything...I do know where she is, but she's pretty set on keeping to herself these days," Kaori explained.
    YT82nBG.png

"Please?" Hugo begged, giving his best puppy dog eyes.
    PpMikA1.png

"We're going to find her, with or without your help," Emmett added fiercely.

"Okay, fine," Kaori sighed. After all, it would probably be good for Jules to get the support of a few more friends, even if she didn't realize she needed it yet.
    1zbNauP.png

Should I tell them about her pregnancy? Kaori thought as she led the boys out of the library. Probably not, it's not my place...but man, things are about to get crazy...Jules is gonna kill me...
    majQoTe.png

--

Thank you to @Skeilah for giving me some of the ideas that went into this plot line haha, it was a fun ride for sure! I also had a fun time giving "passage of time" makeovers to all these teens, though my favorite little detail is probably Hugo's hideous attempt at growing a mustache from the Parenthood pack :joy:
    Post edited by permanentrose on
    edited March 2021
    March - Day 10: "Queen of the Realm!"

N5fHMRK.png

Notes
    ydLv5RJ.png
    "Essa, my darling girl. How are you Honey? Have you been practicing?"
    "I'm good. Yes, as much as I can."

LUr9wUE.png
    "I was hoping you might have time to duel with me today? I need two more wins to progress to the next level. I beat Dad, as you know. But not Morgyn."
    "Why are you only challenging Sages? Wouldn't it be easier to challenge those at your own level?"
    "Well, yeah, but I thought I could learn more from the three of you."
    "Hmm, I don't know if that's a bold strategy or a foolhardy one. But I like your style Sweetie. Alright, I'll meet you on the dueling grounds in a few minutes."
    "Great, see you there!"

aNc9wT6.png
    "I was just about to leave. I didn't think you were coming."
    "Sorry about that dear, your Father stopped me just before I stepped in the Portal to ask me a ques---"
    *POW*

vAC8e8H.png
    "---tion. Hey! Is that fair? I wasn't ready."
    "Not my fault. Morgyn said you should always be focused and on your guard."

8rWxv6f.png
    "Yes! AHA! Take...that...oh! Very good Essa. You have been practicing. Simeon said you---"

9v8tKSr.png
    "AHHH! ---were strong!"
    "Stop talking and just duel already!"
    "As you wish child."

9mpZSYf.png
    "I am NOT---"

ynjFs5i.png
    "A CHILD!"

SmksSph.png
    "Fair enough. You asked for it!"
    "YES!"

AP0Fpl2.png
    "Morpheous Renkus HUZZA!"
    "Oh no! Not again!"

kqi4F9x.png
    "I am Queen of the Realm, BOW before me!"

ZTAcFMJ.png
    "And that, Sweetie--"

ZLw3Edu.png
    "--is how it's done!"

0SRbr4d.png
    "WOO HOO! The rush never gets old!"
    "Oompf...GAH!"

JpX0q8A.png
    "Thanks L. You're magnificent!"
    "I know. You're pretty fabulous yourself dear. Almost had me there a couple times."
    "Nah...not really."

UndzcCv.png
    "Seriously, I should not have underestimated your power."
    "If I'm so 'powerful' why do I keep losing?"
    "Like I said before Honey, duel with those at your own level. You can learn that way just as well."

zSHPq7f.png
    "Alright, but will you duel me again sometime? Even if I lose, it's fun trying to beat you guys."
    "Of course Sweetie, whenever I have the time. I'd be happy to teach you a lesson." L. laughed and winked at Essa.

HAl3Lle.png
    "See? That's what I want. Don't take it easy on me. Okay? I can take it, I want it!"
    "You remind me so much of your Father when he was your age. He had that same fire, confidence and bravado to learn from the best."
    "He's a Sage so it must be a good thing, right?"
    "Oh it is. I still think you should duel with others as well. Get to that next rank Honey and then ask me again. Maybe you'll actually beat the Queen."
    "Maybe...but you'll always be the Queen to me."
    "I see you've learned to sweet talk just like your Father too. I need to get back though. Bye for now dear."
    "Bye L."

Time to get some ZzzzZs for this 'ol lady! Be back later this evening to comment! Woo! Can't believe I'm actually early this time. I guess sometimes it pays to be a screenshotaholic, eh? :D

Have a great day/night! <3
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    March 9 and 10
    I got sick with allergies and ended up taking zombie meds (antihistamines) but am still playing... just kind of trodding through it at times. I blame it on dust kit! Actually, I spent too much time doing yardwork yesterday morning and just having more severe reactions every year. I'm still kind of fuzzy headed now. Anyway enough of my moaning ... I'm going to read and react to all your posts after this :)
    7nPbz6w.png
    In Roxanne's house I was still going through the week. Roxanne has only practiced magic once but has done a few more potions. Melody is ready to go to the Magic Realm. After that I might move Melody and Astrid in together, mostly because I want to keep Jenny and Sakura together just because of the pigtails. I also got Astrid, Jenny and Sakura through a week of skilling, scouting, and into the Realm. They have their first set of potions and spells. I may have cheated their needs to keep them going 24 hours a day! Everyone but Melody is where I want them to be and I just have to take her to the Realm with Roxanne on my next play session.
    HHTWhbh.png
    Jenny Ascending. I originally put her in the Magic School and had her ascend there but lost part of gameplay cause my game froze and crashed while I was moving fruitcake to a table in build buy. Darn that fruitcake! Bleh I hate losing days of gameplay. Anyway I put the girls in the same house and Jenny got to do her ascension in the Realm after all.
    FS163pS.png
    Sakura must have gotten the broom on her own while I was rotated to another house. She's the fastest at collecting and getting places! River and Jules also have brooms that they got on their own. I'll make sure all of them have brooms soon enough. It is kind of fun for me to see what they have when I go back to them in rotation.
    Px4Imx5.png
    Astrid knows it's a good way to build friendships by asking for homework help! Smart cookie!
    dkXdn3V.png
    This was Friday after school and is a good Day 10 picture. Sakura is mortified, Jenny enraged and Astrid is just playing it cool. No one died!
    Now it's time to go back to Roxanne's house and get Melody her first spells and potions. Then I'll play them all much lighter. All of the teens have a good set of beginners skills in my game and will probably remain Spellcasters throughout the challenge.
    I don't think I want to put them through Uni because it's kind of intense to play for me. But if I get them reward points and good traits they won't need it.
    I did think I might make them all playable ghosts of different types after they become young adults because I like to see what ghosts do based on what type they are. I don't want Roxanne to be the cause of any or their deaths though. If you don't mind this thought let me know what type of ghost you'd like your sim to be if not I'll just chose to have them be different types. If you really hate the thought though also let me know. I know you can be close to your sim even if they are in someone else's game and might not want to see them a certain way.
    Oh Pumpkin is safe back in the Magic School household. I just didn't want to lose her as I was driving them to achieve this week. Astrid will get her back soon :).
    Sorry if I sound jumbled or slightly confused... lol I am.
    egTcBMc.png
    @Hermitgirl

I came back to see Jenny in your post and I was so happy! I guess she's a Spellcaster now, which promises to be interesting! I think she and Sakura also make really good housemates.

@Karababy52

I love the makeover you've given L! It's so perfect for her!
    March - Day 1

(First of two updates as I had a lot to do yesterday!)

03-09-21_9-53-27_PM.png?width=513&height=410

So Jenny moved to a levelled Canal Corner in Evergreen Harbor today, which was very affordable, and I spent a lot of money giving her a nice house that was much bigger than our previous tiny home. I want to be able to take a lot of nice pictures in it without glitching through the walls, plus she worked really hard for this! Here's 'Jenny's Corner':

03-09-21_9-33-33_PM.png?width=513&height=410

Yes, a kitchen and a bathroom! Plus a nice sofa to watch TV on, with Boop in the corner.

03-09-21_9-57-08_PM.png?width=513&height=410

Here's a closer look at our beautiful mailbox!

Jenny's also not that bad at cooking, thanks to some practice at the Ito household, so she can cook herself some basic dishes. Hopefully this means her house doesn't burn down.

03-09-21_9-56-04_PM.png?width=513&height=410
    March, Day 2

03-10-21_7-52-44_PM.png?width=513&height=410

We got hold of a new Simmi for our collection - Izzy Fabulous! He's on a new little shelf in the living room.

03-10-21_7-11-03_PM.png?width=513&height=410

Jenny also reached Level 3 of the cooking skill, and I couldn't be prouder. She's quite self-sufficient these days - she's even Level 9 in Gardening, too!

03-10-21_7-17-47_PM.png?width=513&height=410

Since I want her to try out a lot of different things while working on this aspiration, because getting plants to an evolving level can be a bit of an issue, I've picked two hobbies - Candlemaking and Knitting! Here's a look at what she'll be using. I ended up moving the station to her room later, but I really like these!

03-10-21_7-22-04_PM.png?width=513&height=410

Of course, she's still taking care of the bees, who are still angry a lot of the time. However, I'm hoping that you can get a Crocus in the Farmer seed packets, so I'll be buying them as often as we can. Plants occasionally die in the garden, but we've revived a few and our next big spend will be an indoor plant room or some pots to move the plants inside.

Rohan invited Jenny to the Romance Festival, and she went, of course! Nothing more romantic than that, right? They shared a kiss...

03-10-21_7-49-37_PM.png?width=513&height=410

And got to talk to the Romance Guru! What he said was along the lines of 'love hurts, so go out there and love', which I didn't really get...

03-10-21_7-50-56_PM.png?width=513&height=410

But all in all, Jenny had a fun time and got a snow globe and a t-shirt! I think Evergreen Harbor is going to be a lot of fun.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top