Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Race Against the Clock Challenge

icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
I'm not sure if someone has done something like this before, but I'm posting it here just in case:

You feel like you haven't really done much with your life, as if you were created from a blank slate at the age of 60. It's not fair! There's still so much in life for you to do, so you decide to work towards another lease. Maybe you can do something more meaningful the second time around.

Here are the rules:
- Create an elder sim in CAS. You may not create them in an occult state that extends a sim's lifespan, such as vampires, werewolves, fairies, or genies.
- You may give them any look, traits, and personality. The only exception is that you cannot give them the Ambitious trait.
- On that note, if you purchase the midlife crisis reward, you may not pick Ambitious until the challenge is over. you may choose any trait you wish. You can think of it as an initial cost to unlock Ambitious. How quickly will you recoup the 20k cost, though?
- You're allowed to create other sims in the household, but they may not contribute to the challenge in any way. This is your sim's journey, after all.
- You can choose the short or normal lifespan settings. You can also customize the number of days left in the elder stage, but it cannot exceed the default number in the normal setting. If you want a harder challenge, you can reduce the number of days left.
- Your sim's goal is to obtain a Young Again potion or a Fountain of Youth elixir through any means before dying. Purchasing it using lifetime points and concocting it using the chemistry table are okay. As said before, other sims cannot contribute to this, so the Young Again potion/Fountain of Youth elixir must be bought or concocted by your own elder sim.
- Any methods that halt, reverse, or slow down aging other than the Young Again potion or Fountain of Youth elixir are not allowed until you have finished this challenge. This includes going to a foreign country or going to college, since you can gain lifetime points and skills without aging during that time. If your sims could age abroad/in college, you wouldn't have enough time to fulfill the related LTWs anyway. If your sim feels like they prefer being 25 forever, you can get them the Age Freeze potion once you're done with the challenge.

My inspiration for this was that I rarely make elder sims in CAS, because it's sad that they have no skills, memories, or experiences that late in life. And they also die in a short while, which is also unfortunate.

I still have to playtest this, but if it turns out to be too difficult on the normal lifespan, I might relax a few restrictions. Update: I tried the lifetime points route, and the elder lifestage duration for normal lifespan seems to be enough time to scrounge up 70,000 lifetime points. It was very close, so I decided to allow the player to "purchase" the Ambitious trait with the Midlife Crisis reward. Another friend (Bella, see below) tried concocting it using the chemistry table, and she was able to do it as well.

Second update: I tried it again without tattooing and getting the Fast Learner reward. I was able to complete the lifetime wish and earn 70,000 points at 89 days old--one day to spare! I also raised Arturo's logic skill through the chemistry table, and he was able to discover the Young Again potion earlier, but I wanted to see if 70,000 points was doable within two weeks. And it is!
LeY18hR.jpg
Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
Post edited by icmnfrsh on

Comments

• KleineMuffKleineMuff Posts: 12,578 Member
    That sounds like a lot of fun! I will definitely try that because I also rarely create elders.
    Please call me Caro :)
    My Sims 3 Page | My Studio | Check out my Sims 3 Let's Play
    Play mafia with us: www.ultimatemafia.boards.net

• bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    I don't think I had ever created an elder in sims 3, but this was fun! Here's my take on it: Cara Pierce.
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    This is cool! I think I'll defos be trying this out at some point.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I don't think I had ever created an elder in sims 3, but this was fun! Here's my take on it: Cara Pierce.

Well done, bellagorilla!
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    Here's my attempt:
    This is my elder sim, Arturo Madrigal. He's always wanted a family of his own, but never really met someone or had offspring. His lifetime wish is to max out the handiness and logic skills.
    EJCgcRE.jpg

He got a wish to get a tattoo. Unfortunately, I picked someone who wasn't a pro, so it was botched and his wish was unfulfilled.
    qf2dO2m.jpg

Second attempt with a professional
    IGhDbLV.jpg

Looks great!
    JFI5nhe.jpg

Arturo spends most of his time in the library or upgrading items at home. I got the Fast Learner reward, but I'm not sure if the reduction in 15,000 reward points was worth the time saved.
    rdGQZI6.jpg

After over two weeks, Arturo was able to fulfill his LTW and earn enough points for a youth potion!
    SNDT6Gs.jpg

RZbhVNg.jpg

😯
    q6dK2Yl.jpg

Looking fresh after a makeover
    vp6bhQG.jpg

Overall, it took me about 18 days to earn 70,000 points for the potion. Unfortunately, getting a tattoo reset his age, so it added 5 days to his life. Since in-game he was only about 88 days old, I'm not sure if he would've died with his original age. I might repeat the challenge without buying Fast Learner next time and see if we'd be better off.

With a fresh start, Arturo goes to college to study to become a doctor, and maybe meet his future wife. Here's him meeting Tiffany Angles at his new dorm.
    bUD3Nqb.jpg

She's unflirty, but she gave in to his advances after a while. Wait til she hears he's actually 86 years old!
    shlDVS4.jpg

Ooo, Arturo should have a leg up in school, huh? Hopefully Tiffany won't mind their age differences too much :joy:
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
    Ooo, Arturo should have a leg up in school, huh? Hopefully Tiffany won't mind their age differences too much :joy:

Yeah, he got some credits, but not for Science and Medicine since logic doesn't count :joy:

Tiffany doesn't seem to mind

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    This challenge looks awesome! I will play it adapted to sims 4.
    telmarina wrote: »

I thought it could also work for TS4, but IIRC the youth potion only resets your sim to the beginning of their current lifestage. I don't remember any method that actually resets a sim to YA

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    telmarina wrote: »

I thought it could also work for TS4, but IIRC the youth potion only resets your sim to the beginning of their current lifestage. I don't remember any method that actually resets a sim to YA

It doesn't. But i have a mod that "fixes" that 😄
  • VexingQueryVexingQuery Posts: 2,180 Member
    edited March 2021
    I'm gonna do this!

But with a twist.

You see, this lovely stray doggo just arrived on my sim's porch a couple days ago, already well into his Elder days. (I play on Long, but he only had 14 days left in his Elder stage, which is the same number of days he would get just starting out on Normal. Close enough!)

FhakqGW.jpg

He came to me with no traits, no skills. Just lonely stray pup, who's spent his entire life hungry, fleabitten, and sleeping in the cold, only finding a home when he already had one paw in the grave.

Well that just won't do. My new goal with this dog is to get him the Young Again For Pets potion so he can get a do-over. He's gonna get spoiled rotten. Whatever Buddy wants? Buddy gets.

C'MON BUDDY LET'S GO!

iom7Daf.jpg
  • Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    I'm gonna do this!

But with a twist.

You see, this lovely stray doggo just arrived on my sim's porch a couple days ago, already well into his Elder days. (I play on Long, but he only had 14 days left in his Elder stage, which is the same number of days he would get just starting out on Normal. Close enough!)

FhakqGW.jpg

He came to me with no traits, no skills. Just lonely stray pup, who's spent his entire life hungry, fleabitten, and sleeping in the cold, only finding a home when he already had one paw in the grave.

Well that just won't do. My new goal with this dog is to get him the Young Again For Pets potion so he can get a do-over. He's gonna get spoiled rotten. Whatever Buddy wants? Buddy gets.

C'MON BUDDY LET'S GO!

iom7Daf.jpg

I love that idea!!
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    I'm gonna do this!

But with a twist.

FhakqGW.jpg

C'MON BUDDY LET'S GO!

iom7Daf.jpg

Yeah, I like it too! Every doggo deserves to spend their prime years in a loving home <3

edited March 2021
    Buddy's still in the game! Living his best dog-life to earn a second shot. He's a little over halfway there, but only has a week left. It's gonna be close!

He seems to be smitten by one of the local wild horses.

Tell ya what, Buddy: If you win this challenge? I'm getting you a pony.

QuHTZdJ.jpg
    We're all rooting for you, Buddy!

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Wonderful! - What a Fun challenge. I'm adding it to my list. :heart::cookie:
    edited March 2021
    Hey, Buddy. C'mere...

9dvJJsx.jpg

You've got, what, 3 days left? 4?

Well you've been extra good, and I've got a special treat for you!

JEeFKy0.jpg

Who's a good boooooy?

jDzz8ui.jpg

YOU ARE! You're a good boy!

kureqVz.jpg

And you're gonna keep bein' a good boy for a good long time.

gKXHQjs.jpg

I even got you that pony I promised! It took me like a whole extra week because I needed to crash-course 8 levels in Riding to adopt a wild horse.

Yep. Buddy might be living in a desolate, post-apocalyptic wasteland, but I think he's gonna do OK.

BhOexPR.jpg

Yaaaaayyyy

Buddy deserves it 🐶

Oh, that's awesome that Buddy got a loving home! Doing the challenge with pets is such a fun idea.
    7dW3gu7.gif
  • NitroglycolNitroglycol Posts: 121 Member
    Might try this sometime. I see, though, that my go-to tactic for most sims - a Manhattan Project-like push to cultivate life fruit - is not allowed here.
    Might try this sometime. I see, though, that my go-to tactic for most sims - a Manhattan Project-like push to cultivate life fruit - is not allowed here.

I've had a family that cultivated life fruit once. I had the grandpa eat one from time to time and he lived long enough to see great grandchildren. Life fruit might make it less challenging, but you're free to try it out if you want