Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No University Suspension Mod

DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
So it finally happened in my game. I've been happily playing on rotation with various Sims attending University without having the all-too-common issue of those currently inactive households being put on probation or even being suspended for getting poor grades while away.

And then it happened, to one of my favorite Sims, not to mention. It's a pretty bad inconvenience because of how time works in my game, and her suspension has "0 days remaining", although plenty of time has passed. (Pretty sure that's a bug or glitch in of itself.)

This Sim in particular has been one of the hardest working at her classes. I stayed with her for awhile, she had an A, then I grew bored so I moved on. I came back one week and she was on probation. I made sure all of her term tasks were met, got all of her homework completed, then left her again. Next time I came back, I found her suspended and so here I am. 🙄

So I've done my searching, but haven't been able to find anything. I'm looking for some type of mod that will prevent probations/stop suspensions. Maybe even keep grades from falling while I'm away. Maybe it's all a reach, but if anyone knows of any that exist, let me know.

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Can't you just reapply?
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Can't you just reapply?

you can't reapply for a few days then your on probation . it happens to me so much i stopped sending my sims to college.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    edited February 2020
    Can't you just reapply?

you can't reapply for a few days then your on probation . it happens to me so much i stopped sending my sims to college.

Yeah. Plus, the fact that I'm experiencing the "suspended for 0 days" glitch (a known University bug) makes it so reapplying a few days later isn't possible.

I know I can have her drop out completely, but then all of her progress will be lost, and she's already halfway through.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I did an internet search, and also couldn't find anything. However, I did find a cheat that might help you, even if it's not exactly what you're looking for. If you had your sim drop out of University and enroll again, you could use cheats to get your sim back to where they were. This cheat will finish the term right away: University.Finish_Term Also, if you don't want to go through the entire process of getting accepted again, turn on Testing Cheats and shift-click your sim. Under the University menu you can enroll your sim right away.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I did an internet search, and also couldn't find anything. However, I did find a cheat that might help you, even if it's not exactly what you're looking for. If you had your sim drop out of University and enroll again, you could use cheats to get your sim back to where they were. This cheat will finish the term right away: University.Finish_Term Also, if you don't want to go through the entire process of getting accepted again, turn on Testing Cheats and shift-click your sim. Under the University menu you can enroll your sim right away.

Never even thought of using that! Thank you! I will definitely have to try that cheat.
  • Futuregamedesigner83Futuregamedesigner83 Posts: 2 New Member
    Yes I have that glitch to though I read someone did tutor, tend a class and what not. I did that too and nothing so I'm defintely trying that cheat too.
  • bootsguybootsguy Posts: 890 Member
    My Sim is also suspended for 0 days and could not do anything about it. I think the main culprit is because he is studying at home and not really near campus either in Britechester or Foxbury campus so that might be one of the reasons why he is suspended and also his skill in debating is also still low (I think Level 3). Do you think my Sim just drop out of University?
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    So it finally happened in my game. I've been happily playing on rotation with various Sims attending University without having the all-too-common issue of those currently inactive households being put on probation or even being suspended for getting poor grades while away.

And then it happened, to one of my favorite Sims, not to mention. It's a pretty bad inconvenience because of how time works in my game, and her suspension has "0 days remaining", although plenty of time has passed. (Pretty sure that's a bug or glitch in of itself.)

This Sim in particular has been one of the hardest working at her classes. I stayed with her for awhile, she had an A, then I grew bored so I moved on. I came back one week and she was on probation. I made sure all of her term tasks were met, got all of her homework completed, then left her again. Next time I came back, I found her suspended and so here I am. 🙄

So I've done my searching, but haven't been able to find anything. I'm looking for some type of mod that will prevent probations/stop suspensions. Maybe even keep grades from falling while I'm away. Maybe it's all a reach, but if anyone knows of any that exist, let me know.

This can be very frustrating especially if your sim only has one more class to go, lol. It seemed like EA actually fixed this bug for a time. But I also noticed that lately it is back again. It really prevents me from really enjoying DU or even play it like I would like to because of it.

Instead of a Mod, I hope EA fixes this issue or allow an option for the Sim to be inactivated when not being played. Similar to when you don't send your sim to work for a while and they still don't lose their status or get a demotion, lol.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Can't you just reapply?

Same. My patience finally ran out.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self