Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

can anyone please explain how to stop raining in sims houses?

SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
Hi

I have tried everything I can think of to stop the rain and later probably the snow from falling in my sims homes. It's as if they are outside experiencing the weather it's that bad. I have added tiles underneath roofs where I can but it has still not stopped the issue? hoping desperately someone knows a fix for this as I have spent a long time making this neighborhood into something I intend to begin playing in very soon but am currently tearing my hair out with this issue and i don't really want to have to change the weather as I enjoy playing all seasons-)

Comments

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,860 Member
    You have a picture of said house? Tiles under the roof has to cover all the building/rooms to make it total weatherproof.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,641 Member
    edited March 2021
    I'm glad you asked that question, as I have leaves falling in my sims kitchen. There's an upper level and a roof, so have no idea why they are falling indoors.
    I just noticed this is a TS2 question. Mine is happening in TS4.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Hi @Ellupelluellu

I am not the best at roofs so basically tend to use a lot and never change because bad things happen usually when I try-)

You cannot see the rain properly in the house on the pic but believe me it's as there as if the lot is situated outside in the rain with the residents holding up their arms as if they are actually outside in the rain..

DDUVwy6.jpg

Next under the roof itself I placed roof/floor tiles to try and stop it but it didn't.

YvTBneC.jpg

and the lot with the the full roof showing which still does not stop the rain entering the lot..

1WhoXT9.jpg
    @February11

No worries I believe it can happen in any series of the game :)
    That is really weird, as you have covered whole house with roof/floortiles , and yes , it absolutely should not rain in.

Is this the only house what does it or all?

Hi @Ellupelluellu

I just went to check other residential homes and yes it's happening in other lots too.. I do have a lot of mods but this has not happened before like this and I check everything thoroughly before I keep it so I am totally clueless as to why this is happening..
    Any weather related mods?

I opened my game and no, if floor-tiles added above every room, to fully cover whole house , no rain inside.

Some conflicting mods perhaps, some mods at TS2 are very needy about loading order.

edited March 2021
    Hi @Ellupelluellu

I have sims wardrobe weather changer and have used it for several years without any conflict or issue but i will take it out and see if it makes a difference however if that proves to be the issue I am going to have to try and find another mod as weather/seasons length don't last long enough for me :)

Just a thought is it okay to remove a weather mod without it causing more complications as 2 has much stricter rules to follow lol
    :)

I have over 6000 mod files (really, mods, not counting all the CC)

And I would hate to try 50/50, but I have done it several times :)

Also, try totally vanilla.. that at least tells you it is a mod.

Take mods and CC out, make a new neighborhood (or use some of the default ones you never would use), build a tiny box house, add the tiles abofe first floor, no need to add even the actual "roofing".

If it still rains inside, then it will be more serious matter.

@Ellupelluellu

That's some mods/CC folder you have there and I thought I was bad :)

I have come out of my game and am about to head off to bed as it is getting really late for me now so i will try again tomorrow. I really hope I don't have to start the world/neighborhood over as I have spent ages just getting it to how I like it (Tweaking the neighbourhood and adding back my favorite mods/CC) so have barely had time to play at all.. :'(

I will let you know tomorrow which one it is but when you say more serious matter exactly what do you mean by that?
    I will let you know tomorrow which one it is but when you say more serious matter exactly what do you mean by that?
    By that I mean, if it happens in totally vanilla too, then most likely your installation is corrupted and you would have to repair or reinstal (I do not know do you use Ultimate Collection or not )

Just when you can, build a small box, with floortiles to cover the whole roof/ceiling and test it :)

@Ellupelluellu

I do use the UC version but i am not patched to the latest patch through origin which means I load up the game via a desktop Exe I thinks it is called so I have probably backed up and saved a clean folder altogether that I can add back to my documents if i have to as I don't want to download that last patch as many players reported a lot of glitches after that. A little like when they stopped the S3 game being able to be played without signing into Origin. Thanks for the heads up about building a small box to check i would never have thought about that :)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2021
    Try an auto roof to see if it stops the rain from falling as I can see in the second picture there looks like there could be a hole between the smaller roof on the side and the larger roof covering most of the house. It can be tricky and you have to look at a roof from the top down (use the arrow to look straight down on a roof. You do mean rain falling in the house from a hole correct and not because you aren't scrolled in close enough, correct?

Origin last patch does not fix the game, it removes EA Info tool and Securom (which are both incompatible with Windows 10) from the code. No patch from Origin actually patches TS2.

My best advice, remove the roof, and any tile you placed and use Auto Roof since you can't find the hole. Also if you ever build your own chimney you have to put tile on the top of those or down inside it so it won't rain in the house. Towers, chimney, etc.

Most of Maxis houses/roof will leak and everyone had to go back after Seasons and fill in some holes (no flooring) in most of Maxis houses if you use a premade house later.

You can also pick Flat Roof and tile all of that if you don't like the color of the flat roof.

ETA: If you mean it looks like it's raining inside your Sim house, or leaf falling, in TS2 you have to scroll in pretty close for the camera to stop showing those effects.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Hi @Ellupelluellu

I am still checking some things but got distracted with gameplay as always happens with 2 lol

@Cinebar

Thank you for the roof advice I had added a tiny bathroom space to the lot but thought just placing roof tiles across that space would work enough to keep the water out. Auto roofing it has helped a little but you still have to go way close to your sim indoors for the rain to stop which is still kind of frustrating.

I never build anything because I am so bad at it apart from adding a wall here and there and the occasional fireplace so i will remember what you have said about chimneys as well for the future.

I am currently going in and out of lots changing the weather to see how the rain falling works in each lot to make further observations so when I have finished that i should have more of an understanding of it all and will ask for more advice should I need it.

edited March 2021
    I see, so it wasn't rain falling in through a hole but how close we have to scroll in to not see the rain animation. Yeah, that was a complaint when Seasons first came out. It's not that bad in TS3 etc. I know I have to zoom in pretty close if it's raining. If there is a hole in the roof, Sims in TS2 will hold up their hands and tell you there is rain in their house.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Hi @Cinebar

No, I think you were correct as the lots I thought were letting in rain just required scrolling more towards the sims (too close for my liking for it to stop-) and the other lot I posted pics from above where I had added a small bathroom to the lot and then added roof tiles but did not do anything with the roof is the lot where sims were holding their hands up indoors the way they do outside when it is raining and that stopped when I did an auto roof on that lot so I think it has been a little of both..

Thank you for your help it is appreciated as always :)
    You are welcome. Happy to help if I understand a situation. It annoys me, too, sometimes.
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,641 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I see, so it wasn't rain falling in through a hole but how close we have to scroll in to not see the rain animation. Yeah, that was a complaint when Seasons first came out. It's not that bad in TS3 etc. I know I have to zoom in pretty close if it's raining. If there is a hole in the roof, Sims in TS2 will hold up their hands and tell you there is rain in their house.

So, I guess that's the reason I have leaves falling in my kitchen when there's an upstairs floor and a roof with no holes. That makes sense. (TS4, not TS2)
    MLgj4Vx.png