Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Get Any New Adventures

Sonshine77Sonshine77 Posts: 197 Member
I'm having an awful time. Regardless of which world I go to, I keep getting the same beginning quest over and over and over. It happened in France and how in China. I did a couple of minor quests, but now can't get anything except the beginning one or "ask so and so to shack up w/so and so. That's it! I've restarted my comp and cleared the cache from the game. I know that it's a known issue to some degree, but not to this degree. In France I think I must have done the baseball one from the burial mound 4 times and skipped a few other times. I think I got just shy of visa 3 on my first trip there just from 2 repeat adventures! That also has never, ever happened before. I know that I've not even scratched the surface of the technically available adventures. What should I do?

ETA: I did eventually get the Axe quest, but after many cancelled quests that I had done before.
Post edited by Sonshine77 on

Comments

• Sonshine77Sonshine77 Posts: 197 Member
    edited March 2021
    I don't know if anybody knows how to fix this or not, but every single one of the stores are closed and for at least one of the merchants, she is both the general store merchant AND a paparazzi! That isn't supposed to happen. I'm wondering about all of the other merchants? Again for the "food to go w/the nectar" quest, NO food is working regardless of what it is. For right now, I'm just going to take my sim back home.

One other thing; when I click on "Travel," there are 2 copies of each destination!!
    edited March 2021
    If anybody sees this now and can help, I have FAR more serious problems. My game WILL NOT load w/ANY kind of cc except s3pack files. NO packaged cc will work at all. When I ran the vanilla game, it loaded, and when I had nothing to load except s3pack files and mods, it loaded. However, when I put packaged cc in, all I got was a black screen. :( I'm thinking that the multiple repeats of the same adventures and also the 2 copies of each destination plus when I tried to package my family and house into a s3pack file, it wouldn't work, but failed every single time was just the beginning of this problem. Each time I tried to make a s3pack file of it, it produced a copy of the occupied home into the library! I tried 4 times w/different methods and that produced 4 copies of the home and family. Does anybody know how to fix that w/o uninstalling and re-installing the game? If anybody can help w/this, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
    I came to the conclusion that my game is totally and completely corrupted. The problems in the WA destinations were just the beginning. The actve game I was plaing will not load at all and when I try other saves, I get the msg that the game cannot load those b/c of "missing ep's." This is w/ALL ep's installed.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Do you use NRaas Traveler? That's the most reliable, and maybe the only reliable, solution to bugged adventure boards. I don't know of any good way to fix the problem without mods, although you could also use MasterController to manually assign the adventures you want.

The missing EPs message could explain why your current save won't load and perhaps some other corruption as well. Even though you have all the packs installed, if one or more of them aren't loading properly, you can still get the error. If you played forward and saved with a missing expansion, that could damage the save, and some saves won't load when missing certain EPs. (One example is when the world the save takes place in is from the missing expansion, but that's not the only time this happens.) Point is, load a new save and figure out whether you're missing any pack content, and go from there.

For the issue with the .package files, I'd be curious to know whether adding any files at all causes the problem, or only some of them. But at this point, you may want to start with a clean Sims 3 user folder and rebuild your content from there rather than trying to fix your current folder. The idea is to get everything working in the new folder and then copy over your saves once you're satisfied.
    I completely uninstalled and re-installed the game and in trying to get it to work, I updated origin. So far though, I have 1 saved game that just will not load. I did find a working save of another one, but I'll have to look to see if I can find the first one. I'm still working on getting my game up and running. I just discovered that most of my cc hair got damaged and I have to re-d/l them. I don't know what happened, but whatever it was is major. My patch level is also only at 1.62 in spite of the fact that I have all ep's installed.