Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    edited March 2021
    000-7.png
    010-9.png
    - Info & Index.
    - Day 12 full album.

I'll reply to everyone in a bit ^-^)
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited March 2021
    March 7
    bmv2KEI.png
    (No, I don’t know what Naoki is doing. Probably some glitching to pet Roo😂 He was just feeding her)

Bryons Diary
    Roo is feeling much better already, and Naoki is in love with her. He even gave her a name: Kitty.

7EdSP4i.png
    Anyways, ‘Kitty’ is much more interested in me, and I don't know why. She keeps asking my attention. Now she’s even sitting next to me on the bench.

(Bryon) “Are you trying to tell me something?”

fXq4hko.png
    (Naoki) “She just loves you, Bryon!”
    (Bryon) “But she looks like she’s asking for help, not love.”
    (Naoki) “Oh Bryon, come on. It’s a cat! Cats don’t ask for -“

pYGAdCt.png
    (Naoki) “Kitty, what are you doing?”

WcLshjp.png
    (Roo) “MEOWWW!”
    (Bryon) “I don’t know much about cats, but cats aren’t supposed to do this, Naoki”

DAB3Ja5.png
    (Naoki) “... Fine. Do it your way”

JsW5YNX.png
    (Bryon) “Eh.. Kitty. Do you need help?”
    (Roo) “Meow.”
    (Naoki) “Did she really ‘meow’ to that? That’s a coincidence.”
    (Bryon) “Fine. Kitty. Can you go to that sleeping mat of yours if you need help?”
    (Naoki) “Do you really think she’s going there now—“

8hvyVMb.png
    (Naoki) “... She really went to sit in there...”

Vp3e8Mt.png
    (Bryon) “Hahaha! Clever cat you are, Kitty. This is really interesting... A cat that understands the human language like that.”

08SQkiH.png
    (Naoki) “So, with what do you need help?”

fJxTVxr.png
    (Bryon) “That’s not how it works, Naoki. She can’t answer in sentences.”
    (Naoki) “Oh yeah, right. But how will we find out with what she needs help? I mean, maybe she has a splinter, maybe she has to see the vet, maybe she wants a bath, maybe she wants to be brushed, ...”

(Bryon) “Kitty, do you want one of those things? Come to me if yes, sit on the mat if no”

Tg84f7f.png
    And just like that, Roo jumps out of Naoki's hands and... Sits on the mat.

(Bryon) “Well, that’s a clear no... But what is it then...”

79oywJz.png
    (Naoki) “This can only mean one thing...”
    (Bryon) “Oh?”

gks65xA.png
    (Naoki) “We need to become cats so that we can speak the cat language!”
    (Bryon) “Oh Naoki... That’s a stupid idea.”

bNzZzRe.png
    (Bryon) “But... I read something about a cat-spell. Maybe one of the teachers in the academy can help us out...”
    (Naoki) "See?! I'm super smart."

Behind the scenes
    T5G51cy.png
    It was very hard for Gabbie to leave Bryon and the cat behind, but some guy named Gage kept pushing her to come over to his place. Still a bit annoyed by him, Gabbie decides to come over after all.

UVSyZ7f.png
    (Gage) “Finally!! Come to my room! Now!!”
    (Gabbie) “Gage, what on earth are you doing?!”

eUY52Rg.png
    (Gabbie) “Let me go! Now!! I-“

RjdVvCg.png
    (Gabbie) “I…”

e0K1cpH.png
    (Isaius) “Hi.”
    (Gabbie) “AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!”

Z6fBD8t.png
    Gabbie hides behind Gage.

(Gage) “Yeah, well. Gabbie, this is Isaius. Isaius, this is Gabbie”
    (Isaius) “Gabbie…”
    (Gabbie) "Eh... Nice to... Meet you?"

jjnGalf.png
    Isaius suddenly gets a flashback of someone very dear to him. Brytani. Before he knows it, he's holding Gabbies hands.

(Isaius) “I wonder why… You look so much like her…”
    (Gabbie) “Ehm.. Isaius… Ghost?? You’re getting a little close.”

elUq7SO.png
    (Isaius) “I’m so sorry. It’s just, so unreal… You really look like my best friend.”
    (Gabbie) “B-B-…. Best friend?!”

- Flashback of her mom talking about her being best friends with Isaius in their teenage years -

(Gabbie) “Are you… Talking about Brytani…?”
    (Isaius) “You know her?!”

59IXxq8.png
    (Gabbie) “Brytani… Is my mother…”
    (Isaius) “Your… Mother…? You look like you are my age… I’ve been away for so long…”

(Isaius) "Can I... Give you a hug?"
    (Gabbie) "Me?"
    (Isaius) "Yeah. Please?"
    (Gabbie) "Eh.. Of... Course...?"

YytiBO2.png
    (Isaius) "Thank you"

In that time, Gage went to sit on the bed.

(Gabbie, mouthing) "Gage, help meeee..."

WZCFusH.png
    (Gage) "So, not to interrupt you, but I think we have something to explain to Gabbie. Come, sit."
    Post edited by Skeilah on
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Another long one, but hilarious.

February (Sunday): Day 20: Scout Camp (Part 2)

bald-eagle-overhead.png
    Luna trudged through the rain with the Scouts to have everyone participate in the fishing derby. The only problem was that the Scouts had to be spread out among three fishing spots. (I missed some photo ops here as I had to go between all three fishing spots).

Sakura and Luna fished together.

fishing-in-a-thunderstorm.png

Wolfgang, River and Rohan fished together. Look at that! Rohan caught a fish. His Grandfather will be so proud. And look at the size of the fish that River caught!

rohans-grandfather-will-be-proud.png

And then there are flashes of lightning. Great! Fishing in a thunderstorm. Melody, a Junior Scout, is the most afraid, and is actually "terrified", and wants to run back to camp, or hide in the outhouses. But Luna won't let her leave.

Melody:"Luna, I really think we should go back to camp."

Luna shouted: ""Pfft! What's a little storm? Fishing is fun! And it's a contest! First person to catch 10 fish is the winner!"

looks-like-sofia-got-zapped-by-lightning.png

Melody, Bryon and Sofia are fishing together. Oh gosh! And it looks like Sofia got hit by lightning. And Melody is thinking that the lightning strike was really too close.

three-anglers.png

Another lightning flash...and Rohan gets struck by lightning. But he keeps fishing.

hit-by-lightning-rohan.png

Rohan:"I am neck-in-neck with River on catching the most fish, and I can't stop now. I need to win this fishing contest! A Swiss-army knife is the prize, and I want it!"

Luna shouting: "How many fish has everyone caught so far?"

Melody: "I don't know, but I think that whatever fish Sofia caught are now "fried" fish."

taking-a-selfie-after-getting-struck-by-lightning-bryon.png

Another lightning flash and Bryon gets hit by lightning. He takes it all in stride.

Bryon: "Oh cool! I'll just take a selfie. This is the most rad Scout Camp I have ever been to!"

bryin-knitting-after-getting-struck-by-lightning.png

However, instead of continuing to fish, Bryon autonomously heads off and sits on a bench and knits. I guess when the urge to knit hits, you just have to knit.

Melody can't handle it anymore and runs off towards camp scared. Obviously, the only smart one in the bunch.

Sakura tells Luna that they really need to get back to camp because it really is too dangerous to be out here during this thunderstorm. Luna reluctantly agrees, and Luna tells everyone to head back to camp. Um...Luna...they have all fled the fishing area and ran back to camp already.

Sakura is heading through the forest, and suddenly she feels all tingly, and she actually feels the hairs on her arms stand up, and then...KAPOW!

shocking-experience.png

Oh my gosh! Sakura was struck by lightning!

Her whole body was whalloped and it felt like a giant dumpster had been thrown at her, and even afterwards, she could still feel little sparks coming from her body. She was totally dazed and confused.

Somehow Sakura managed to get back to camp, and by the time she got there, she was mumbling incessantly.

bed-i-need-the-bed.png

"Baabbaaaa....bbbbaaaa...bbaaaa...." mumbled Sakura, really trying to say that she needed her bed.

my-hair-will-need-to-be-redyed-after-this.png

Sakura thought :"I am definitely going to have to re-dye my hair now..."

luna-lightning-hit.png

Luna had followed behind and I guess she got zapped by lightning, too, but instead of heading to bed, she had an urge to eat some franks and beans.

"Did you see that? I was hit by lightning in a thunderstorm! It's scary out there!" Luna said to a nearby tree. Yep, Luna is dazed and confused too.

But the burning question everyone wants to know is who won the fishing derby? Fishing Derby Results: Bryon-5; Wolfgang-4; Luna-3; Rohan-4; Sofia-0; Melody-3; River-7; Sakura-4. So, River won the contest! Woot!

sleeping-during-the-thunderstorm.png

The only Scouts NOT hit by lightning were Melody, River and Wolfgang. They were very lucky. And this may be the first time that the Scouts actually slept at a Scout camp.

looks-like-they-have-a-guest-for-dinner.png

The only sim who was up was a ghost sim who Sakura had somehow summoned with her ghost story earlier. And even that sim got zapped by lightning (I didn't get a screenie, but he turned blue and was dazed. I thought this was hilarious).

Let's hope the weather is better in the morning.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

sakura-whats-the-weather-forecast.png

During the night, Bryon had to heed the call of nature and headed to the outhouses. It was still raining, but the thunderstorm was gone. On his way there, he...um...met a camping friend. No, we are not talking a bear. It was a spider. The HUGEST spider Bryon had ever seen.

ack-look-at-this-thing.png

Of course, he was running around frantically trying to get the spider off of him. I think he was even screaming at one point, but all the other Scouts were sound asleep and heard nothing.

help-gert-a-broom.png
    get-this-thing-off-of-me.png

Eventually he outran the spider, and headed back into the safely of his tent, quickly rezipping the zipper and looking for the spider bite kit.

bryon-got-bit-by-a-spider.png

Bryon: "Man, am I ever going to have some Scout tales to tell when I get back home!"

[Bryon, my apologies, I downloaded this lot from the gallery, and just added the tents, and didn't realize that it had a lot trait of "Creepy Crawlies". After this incident, I removed that lot trait. Hey, the Scouts had enough autonomous incidents, without needing this additional one! Sheesh!]

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

taking-a-shower-in-the-stinky-restrooms.png

In the morning, the storm was over and the sun peeked out from behind a cloud. It looked like it was going to be a sunny day. Finally! Visits to the outhouses and the showers were first on the list. And it seemed that there were even more "skeeters" (mosquitos) at the outhouses than usual.

meeting-a-celebrity-while-camping.png

Luna thought that her trip to the outhouse was rather well-timed and she got an autograph from celebrity Brytani Chu. Who knew celebrities went camping?

can-you-imagine-comig-here-at-night.png

All the Scouts were in a great mood talking about that scary storm last night.

bryon-telling-stories.png

Bryon also had to tell about his spider incident.

Breakfast was...um...you guessed it...franks and beans again. But someone also made fruit skewers. Bryon, how much frank and beans did you make?

Did I hear River say, "More beans boss?" River, I think you've had enough!

river-let-one-loose.png
    that-one-was-stinky.png

River: "Oopsies! That one was a little rank!"

Sofia: "Pee yew! River! You reek-a!"

playing-horseshoes-wolfgang.png

Wolfgang tried his hand at playing horseshoes, and throws a perfect ringer.

Melody must have a secret neat trait because she autonomously loves to clean up. Or maybe she is just keen to earn a badge, "There's a badge for cleaning, right? Good Deeds Badge...Civic Responsibilty...something...I knew it!"

melody-cleaning-up.png
    HEADING-OUT-TO-THE-DEEP-WOODS.png

Pretty soon everyone was ready and they headed off to the Granite Falls Forest.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

GRANITE-FALLS-FOREST.png

When they arrived, the Scouts were pretty awe-struck with how beautiful it was. They spied a ranger cabin and headed towards it.

A-RANGER-STATION-BEFORE-THEM.png

The inside of the ranger cabin was filled with all kinds of insects and frogs. The Scouts admired everything and Sofia picked up the guitar and started to play a song.

THE-RANGER-STATION-HAD-REALLY-COOK-STUFF-INSIDE.png

Sakura had gone outside and saw a woodworking table surrounded by woodworking sculptures. There were some instructions beside the table and she thought she would try her hand at making something.

OKAY-I-CAN-DO-THIS.png

Afterwards, there was some free time for everyone before they were to go on their hike in the forest.

Bryon and Luna heard the roar of water and discovered a beautiful waterfall. They decided to do some fishing there.

BRYON-AND-LUNA-FISHING.png

Wolfgang and River decided to take it easy and chat by the firepit.

RIVER-AND-WOLFGANG-CHATTING.png

rohan-doing-some-cloudgazing.png

Rohan decided to do some cloudgazing.

Sakura was going to join Bryon and Luna fishing and then she saw this HUGE insect flying near the shore. It was a dragon dragonfly! And with one swoop, she caught it.

dragon-dragonfly.png
    are-yu-in-there.png

Are you in there dragonfly?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

on-a-hike-in-the-woods.png

It was then time for their hike, and they found lots of interesting insects.

river-getting-insects.png
    3-ladybugs.png

They also found what looked like a tunnel, but, unfortunately, there wasn't time to explore.

maybe-another-time.png

"We'll go there on my overnight camp!" Wolfgang said.

Pretty soon it was time to head back to the Campground and pack up their gear to head back to Sakura's house.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

AWESOME-CAMP-SAKURA.png

They arrived back at Sakura's house and River was the first to shout out that this was the most EPIC Scout Camp he had ever been on and wanted to know if they could go again next weekend. Uh...that would be no.

Almost as soon as they got there, Rohan and Bryon had to leave for their part-time jobs. Rohan was a life guard and Bryon was a fast food employee.

scout-camp-prizes.png

The Scouts came in the house and laid out on the floor were prizes for everyone. They also headed upstairs to get the badges that they had earned at the Scout Camp.

Melody earned 3 badges (Civic Responsibility, Scholarly Aptitude, Outdoor Adventurer) , Luna also earned 3 badges (Sociability, Scholarly Aptitude, Outdoor Adventurer), Sofia, and Wolfgang earned two (Scholarly Aptitude, Outdoor Adventurer). They were all promoted to Griffon Scout. (Because Rohan, Bryon and River all had jobs, they could not also have the "Scout" job, which is too bad.).

The last one to head up was Sakura. She was a bit nervous as she wasn't sure she was going to get her badge with all the incidents that had happened at her camp. But when she looked, oh my gosh, she had passed the camp and received the Master Llamacorn Scout Award! Woot!

completed-the-scouting-career.png
    yeah-sakura.png
    scouting-aptitude-trait.png

her-camp-was-a-success-and-she-gets-promoted-to-llamacorn-scout.png

doing-homework-before-they-head-home.png
    lucan-gives-her-the-final-ding-on-her-final-badge.png

The Scouts stayed a bit longer and then it was time to leave as some of their families came to pick them up. Sakura was tired, but she sat there thinking about the beautiful Granite Falls forest and what could lie behind that bramble bush. Maybe some day she'd find out.

looks-like-some-type-of-passage.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

No, they didn't go through the bramble bush to the Hermit's house as they ran out of time and the vacation was over. But that was fine because there were enough adventures that had happened at this Scout Camp, and the updates were already long. It was certainly a fun overnighter, that was for sure, with lots of autonomous actions, and wild events.

campground-by-simlicy.png

Campground lot - I used this lot, and just added the 4 tents and tarps, and a flag pole. Sakura had a cooler in her inventory, which she placed on the lot.

"More beans boss" is a line from the movie Blazing Saddles, 1974.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,914 Member

I have been so busy with your sims that I have forgotten to comment on where I have seen mine :D

@Skeilah Lovely to see Melody at your game! <3
    @Hermitgirl , Aww, so lovely to see her at your game too <3
    @SoulGal7 , Both of your Scout camp updates were hilarious :D So full of action :D And I cannot believe Melody CLEANED!! She never does it at my game :D (tho, no Malcolm there to do it for her, LOL )

I still had to play with my test sim today as I accidently updated my game :D so I had to check all the mods I have :)

Okay, I will be posting more.. but this was hilarious :D
    My test sim , Jemina, visited Sulani beach :)
    opgQmkr.png
    First she saw River, but they didn't talk...
    mIVE2WM.png
    But Roxanne was right there playing chess, so Jemina joined her. After they chatted some time, I made Jemina to ask her if she was a mermaid?
    Roxanne didn't like it, she got pretty mad and denied it! So I made Jemina to go for a swim!
    sx0QlgQ.png
    And few sim minutes later, Roxanne also went to swim!
    Jemina: "RIGHT! Se gets angry with me and denies all and now she is swimming around me looking like that!!
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @AnnoyingTiger
    Aw, nice to see Tessa in your game. It feels like forever since she's looked like that and been named Tessa though haha! It's a nice throwback to the start of this challenge though. Astrid is really just living a nice, productive life. I enjoy seeing it. It seems like you enjoy playing in a go with the flow style with Astrid, instead of the super complicated way I have now found myself playing with Jules, where i basically have to plan everything she does to make it fit my story haha. My time jump play was actually a really nice break from the way I usually play, trying to get the perfect screenshots to tell my story. I need a mix of both I think haha...

I remember you mentioning something a few updates ago about it being hard to find collectables...are you talking about completing full collections, or just completing the aspiration milestones? Jules lived in the neighborhood of Willow Creek by all the businesses, and a TON of collectable digging area spawned there daily, especially in spring and summer. There were at least 3 rocks, 2 dirt holes, and 2-3 frog logs daily there, so if you need a neighborhood to go to, that one was always super helpful for Jules. Also spring and summer came with a good amount of thunderstorms, and the lightening strikes would leave behind some valuable stuff too. Hope that helps!

@Skeilah
    Lol, you already addressed Naoki's odd position in the daily photo. Very amusing. He's struggling :joy: I love it that Bryon is the one that is convinced the cat is trying to speak to him - usually I feel like Naoki would be the one to suggest that, and Bryon would be the skeptic. But I suppose Roxanne is being extra persistent with Bryon since she knows she needs to communicate specifically with him. I like their way of figuring out she's trying to tell them something too. ALSO I'M GONNA LEGIT DIE IF/WHEN YOU TURN THEM INTO CATS TO TALK TO HER :joy: SO FUNNY

And the plot thickens with the Isaius plot...I'd say it's safe to say that both Gage and Gabbie are now on the good side, and they will be helping Bryon in his quest (very Harry Potter like to have a quest this month too lol, I was reading the stuff Kara said about the Harry Potter similarities :joy:) Isaius is losing minions very quickly....and with Roxanne getting closer to communicating, I think 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is gonna hit the fan sooner rather than later, and I'm excited for the ride :)

@SoulGal7
    LOL WHAT IS EVEN HAPPENING? I've never had that many sims get struck by lightening, let alone in one playing session :joy: I guess it's a rite of passage as a scout to get struck at least once :joy: That was pretty funny though, can't believe that happened, especially after everyone caught on fire the night before. This wildness test is really pushing these poor scouts to the limit. They'll all be glad to go home to the safety and comfort of their homes, I'm sure. AND EVEN THE GHOST GOT STRUCK :D Remind me never to take my sims fishing in granite falls during a thunderstorm...or maybe I should, that was a really fun read.

Haha, it was probably smart to remove the lot trait, even though spiders when camping are realistic. Of course, you need to give these poor kids a break though, it's been a rough trip. It does look it got a lot better though - they got to do a lot of fun camp activities like studying frogs and crafts like woodworking. I do love the ability to catch bugs in Granite Falls - it reminds me of insect collecting from TS3. And yay Sakura for collecting all the scout badges! I recently had Jules collect all the badges too, but I did not incorporate the earning of each one into my story the wonderful way you did. I really feel like we went on this whole scouting journey with Sakura, and it's really nice you found a way to actually incorporate all her activities and good deeds into your story. I'm excited to see what's next for Sakura :)
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    March 7th
    So what is there to do in the Magic Realm really? I know!
    besfRb5.png
    Melody almost has enough points to get the trait I want her to have before she formally meets the Sages so Roxanne went to learn whatever they would teach her that day then joined in some fishing!
    I'm trying to divide some households to get them all ready to learn a little and haven't gotten to everyone. I don't really like to run more than 3 in a household.
    I had Tessa and Jules share a little house. Both start of with very little skills and are "C" students so I had to do basics with them.
    gcNKPPx.png
    Someone's gotta keep the house clean also!
    NDGgeZY.png
    Nice place to do homework!
    tkLirwg.png
    I put the guys together and they are in the same boat. River has a bunch of skills and had an "A" starting out so he's mostly helping while Bryon plays aspiration catch up. Bryon had a "B" though so he's in a safe range to me, but I'll still make him crack the books until he gets that "A".
    The others are still at the "school" for now. I just can't run a big house and have anyone learn anything so thought this was the best way to go. I plan on getting these 5 their first round of spells and potions.. then play with Sakura, Jenny and Astrid and do the same. Roxanne will get a little daily play in also.
    egTcBMc.png
    edited March 2021
    @Hermitgirl Haha, of course Melody is fishing, love it - gotta get that fishing shot in every world!! So what is your plan for playing all of our sims? Sorry I missed your overall plan. I love that Essa/Tessa and Jules are roommates in your save as well, they do seem to vibe together. I bet they'd be friends if the main versions of them actually existed in the same universe, haha

@Ellupelluellu Lol, I love that mermaids get miffed if you ask them if they're a mermaid, even if you ask them when their tail is exposed :D It's a weird interaction for sure. Thanks for sharing your amusing moment :)
    Post edited by permanentrose on
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,914 Member
    @Hermitgirl , I have to second @permanentrose , of course Melody is fishing :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    @AnnoyingTiger
    For March 5 Oh man Astrid is a neat freak huh? Love the pictures of the mishaps!
    For March 6 Aww on the new relationship status. It's about time!
    For March 7 The frog collection is doing great. I never get very far with that one. Honeycake!
    I'm so glad you got Pumpkin back! Someone's gotta steal alll the scenes!

@Ellupelluellu
    For March 5 Astrid and Jenny look great in their formal wear! Pumpkin is stealing the show of course.. and yeah I had to make Melody go fishing, it just seemed right :D

@permanentrose
    For Update 65 Here comes the baby belly! I like Jules hair like that too .. very pretty. Wow, you must have played a lot to do all that. I love that picture of the dog and cat. LMAO about how she got the civic duty badge.. that's great!
    For Update 66 I knew that was gonna happen! Those two feel much closer to me than Jules and Mario ever did. So sorry you lost that sentiment!
    -For mine it is the base game secret agent career. You get pop ups to join careers if you have a great rep.. or a really bad one.
    Not sure if anyone answered but no... sims can't be both spellcasters and vampires. I'm not looking forward to Roxanne giving up being a spellcaster to become a vamp but it will work for the story later... she'll have a reason to be an angry vamp!
    I don't have a big plan or story for everyones sims. Mainly I wanted them to get some skills, good enough grades and have a friendly trait so that when they meet the Sages they can get right into learning from them. After that.. I'll probably just play them on and off from now on.

@SoulGal7
    For Day 19 Omg so funny. The look on Melody's face .. and the "fight" with the "bear". Great set up also with your scout camp. It looks fun. So many laughs reading this! You did great.
    For Day 20 ... Same Sometimes you just gotta knit! I dunno I think the Scout Master might have some 'splaining to to to the parents here. Congrats to Sakura for surviving and getting her Master Llamacorn Scout Award!
    Great posts for both days and such a funny read.
    -I said CUT because I planned to cut out the scene and go back to an old save. Roxanne was trying to improve the potions with a spell called Repairio and it backfired and burnt the potion up.

@Karababy52
    For March 5 Lol I love the cheering for the pristine reputation. Roxanne's had that for awhile now.
    Don't block it with your head Tessa!.. that made me giggle. Ut oh about the dream...!
    For March 6 Such beautiful pictures set up to learn mischief magic in front of those doors.
    -Doh! I didn't know you could get friendship by just taking pictures with sims. I usually rely on a trait. Oh well I'm halfway there with traits already for everyone's sims, but I might try that too or instead of for some of the sims. I know that will be helpful to know in the future either way.

@Skeilah
    For March 6 -"Because we are Gabbie and Bryon! We can do this!" Aww that poor kitty... Again with the cliffhangers!
    For March 7- Roo is really cute and has huge eyes. I want her!
    Aww... now we can like Isaius, the real one anyway. He's so nice ;).
    -Nothing terrible happened in my save by the way ... she just burnt up a potion instead of upgrading it. I'm too greedy to let that happen so I go back to a prior save lol.

@Kanindota
    For March 6 Too many girls! Tell River he's going to have to take care of a bunch of teething babies if he goes too far!
    For March 7 Maybe Dirk and his girlfriends are all okay with it? It happens!

egTcBMc.png
    edited March 2021
    @Hermitgirl LOL, my love for Lydia is obviously showing, if Jules and Lydia already feel closer from a couple of updates than a month and a half of me playing Mario did :D Poor Mario. I was really mean to him LOL. I had to give Jules a chance at romance with a lady just to test it out, and I do admit I'm quite attached, but let's see where things ultimately go :)

Also sentiments are dumb in the end so I don't really care, but I was just confused. But whateverrrr

Also, she was several stages into the painting and knitting aspirations already, so it's not as impressive as you think that she actually finished them haha. And the scout badges are really easy to kind of "cheat" to get, like Jules vomiting in the toilet and then cleaning it. I also found that if I deliberately created more trash, she could take that out several times a day to get badges. Also she cooked on the grill 5 times to get her outdoor one. Just stuff like that. It was really easy to "create" situations for her to earn them without much effort on my part lol.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited March 2021
    March - Day 7: First Duel

TynZLl4.png

Notes
    XJJhvDz.png
    "Hey Dad!
    "Essa, my sweet girl. Are you ready for this?"
    "Ready as I'll ever be! You're going down Dad!"
    "Well, well that's the way to be before a duel. Extremely confident. You're learning well."

Essa had her game face on while she and Simeon walked across the bridge to the Dueling grounds Portal. She looked very confident on the outside, but inside she was shaking in her boots. Was she really ready? What made her think she had a prayer of a chance against her Father, a seasoned Sage?
    (Go Big or Go Home, right?)

4PSZNB0.png
    "Let's do this!"
    "Good Luck Essa, you're going to need it!"
    "Ha! We'll just see about that!"

I7Hiw0P.png
    Right off the bat Essa knocked her Father off his feet with a ball of magic.
    "YES! Score one for me!"
    "Beginner's luck. Prepare yourself!"
    "Don't tell me, just do it!"

NDsClw3.png
    "Gah! I can't hold it! You're too strong!"
    "Keep trying, you won't hold it, but you can try!" Simeon laughed.

5bY94fJ.png
    *KAPOW*
    "And that's one for your dear old Dad!"
    "AHHHHH!"

1E4LKwT.png
    Essa gathered all the strength and power she'd learned and sent a blast toward her Father. He met it with just as much force of his own. It looked like it might be a draw, neither pushing the other back, until...

SpLF59g.png
    "Feel my power!"

fwnUZbW.png
    Essa flipped Simeon over and lifted him into the air, powerless against her strength.

FwVRGhd.png
    "And that, dear Daddy, is how it's done! Kiss the ground and know I am the victor."
    "Umpf, nice trash talk Essa."

zRqmuBl.png
    "YES! YES! YES! My first duel and I beat you! Woo hoo! What a freakin' Rush!"
    "A little help?"
    "Oh, sure, sorry Dad. Are you okay?"
    "I'm fine, nothing bruised but my ego."

5HnYPua.png
    "I am SO proud of you! That was magnificent! Your power is incredible!"
    "Aww, man, thanks Dad. I didn't mean to get so mouthy. It's just such a thrill I couldn't help myself."

8AWNrdv.png
    "It's quite alright. It's good to be so confident. It helps to keep you focused on your opponent."
    "It felt good, real good. I, well, I was kind of scared, at first, but didn't want to let it show."

w8WYS7t.png
    "That is very understandable. It was your first time, you didn't know what to expect."
    "Yeah, and I didn't want to hurt you either."
    "Magic is powerful, and it can hurt. But you learn to accept the pain and move on. It makes you stronger."
    "I feel like I could run a marathon right now." Essa laughed.

"Congratulations Sweetheart! Let's go back to HQ and celebrate! L. baked a cake just for the occasion."
    "She did? What if I'd lost?"
    "She had confidence in you, we all do. But she said if you hadn't won, it would've been for me!" Simeon smiled.
    "Well...I'm sorry, but I'm glad it's for me."

Simeon and Essa went back to HQ and enjoyed just spending some time together chatting and enjoying Essa's victory cake. Morgyn and L. joined them and they talked long into the night. Essa left just before midnight with a promise to come back first thing in the morning.

Extras
    I am happy to share that I have, finally, downloaded and put six pieces of CC in my game for the first time ever! I've been thinking about it for a long time, teetering back and forth, but it was time. I now have default eyes, a default skin overlay, eyelashes, body hair, one hairstyle and one set of eyebrows in my game. I want to give a huge THANK YOU to @Ellupelluellu. She was the one that helped me make the leap. She took the time to explain everything, give me links and was very patient with all my noob questions. Thank you so much dear, I couldn't be happier! <3

Here's a few images of some of my new and improved Sims! I should've taken some screenshots of the body hair too, especially on Josh, it looks SO good on him! But, I haven't yet. Oh well, I'm sure most of you are familiar with that type of CC anyway. Let me know what you think. It's very subtle, but hopefully you can see the difference?

Here's Essa first:
    EsYiOde.png

Josh
    Q79hvNW.png
    I might look around for other default eyes though. There isn't a very light green choice in this particular set, and his eyes are supposed to be a greenish blue color and very pale. This is the color the game gave him that's supposed to be that color, I guess. I still think they look good though. What do you guys think?

Molly
    xv4acL4.png

Damon
    JbZrLq2.png
    I think his are supposed to be a very light green too if I'm not mistaken, but the game made them blue.

Adam
    encLSMC.png

L. Faba
    XC1N11A.png

And lastly, just for kicks I had to give Lilith Vatore a make-over. I've never been able to make her decent looking without changing her completely. I think she looks beautiful! She's the only one that has the new eyebrows.
    mFiT5t8.png

I know the changes are very subtle, but that's what I wanted. Nothing in your face, 'oh dear, they don't look like the same Sims' kind of CC. The hair I got is a special one for a special Sim that Ellupelluellu used for the 'original' Damon. His name is actually Nikolas and I just love him! He's another reason, a big reason why I decided to get CC. Nikolas just isn't Nikolas without body hair and his special hair. Anyway, Thanks again Ellupelluellu for everything! You're a very sweet and generous person! I'm grateful! <3

EDIT: I took the eye default replacements out. Josh just doesn't look like himself to me anymore and I can't have that. o.O I guess I've just gotten used to seeing him with the Maxis color and anything else looks weird. :D
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    *Updated my March 7th post above! I'll reply and comment next! Have a great rest of your day/night everyone! <3
    Gah! This took a lot longer than I intended it to be. My cat is a big baby and he likes to get on my lap and cuddle in the crook of my left arm, just like a baby. Makes it hard to type with one hand when you're used to typing 70+ words a minute with two hands. :D Thank goodness it's not my right arm he likes to lay on. o.O I know, I know, like Hubby says, 'just put him down.' Well, not that easy when you're a cat lover and he looks so sweet and content sleeping in my arms. I'm a sucker for cats. Can you tell? :D

Anyway, have a good one, I'm off to get Hubby up and off to work, download the Country Kitchen pack, play around with my new CC (Yay!) and FINALLY play with Essa again! Ciao! <3

@permanentrose
    I knew it! Well, it was pretty obvious, at least to me what you had in mind bringing Lydia into the story. Don't you just love those lanterns? Very special place to share a first kiss. :) I like the poses that you used too. Okay, now I wouldn't be honest if I didn't say that it feels like their relationship was a bit rushed. It probably doesn't to you since you've been playing them for awhile. You have your reasons though, which you explained. So I'll just say, have fun! Can't wait to see Jules and Mario's child!

Yeah, Essa's soaking up all the love she can since she didn't get much when she was growing up and the only person who has given her any love at all has been gone for quite awhile now. She deserves all the happiness she can get after what she's been through in her short life. L. is looking forward to teaching Essa some Mischief Magic, it's what she loves after all, so sharing it with someone that means so much to her, makes it even more fun. Especially too since she'd love to help Essa get back at someone who has hurt her. How dare they hurt her baby!?

I love L. she's a lot of fun to write. I couldn't resist putting that comment from her in there since the screenshot looked like she was protecting her chest. LOL Oh gosh, wouldn't we all love to visit a place like that? If it were real. I know I would in a heartbeat!

Ah, yeah, it can be exhausting writing romance if it's something you don't enjoy. I just happen to love that kind of stuff! I prefer it actually. But I know it's not for everyone. I have to hold myself back actually from writing uh, TOO much, getting TOO descriptive. o.O But there are children that use this site too, so can't get very graphic, wouldn't want to be inappropriate or shock anyone. o.O Anyway, like I said above, I'm glad you're having fun, that's the most important thing. :)

@Skeilah
    Yes, Essa is extremely happy right now, I'm glad. She deserves it! She has a real family now for the first time. I'm having fun writing how the Sages are all connected to her in some way. I figured if she lived there, it was natural they'd care about it. Essa is really not into making potions right now. But it'll get better over time. She should get that blender arm perk soon. I never use points to get it since it automatically shows up around the Adept rank, I think. Not sure which rank, but they do get it automatically.

Oh, that was just a dream Essa had. It's her subconscious remembering exactly what happened between her and Damon. She's slowly getting her memory of it back. She really doesn't know what happened. Only that Damon most likely did 'something' to her. I think she feels it was only a kiss and maybe a little inappropriate touching. Wait until she figures out it was much more. Run Damon, Run!

It's a beautiful dress for Essa and yellow looks good on her! Most of her first outfits were yellow or had yellow in them. I'm glad she got paired with Melody too! She's such a cute Sim! I'm rooting for him too, he's adorable! Maybe it's the ears, but he seems like a sweet little puppy to me with his innosense. I hope his dreams are realized as well. Ohhh okay, gotcha, so Johnny actually did kinda/sorta win, at first. I thought so!

Nope, noticed it on Bryon first, didn't even realize Johnny's hair was changing. I'll have to go look now. :D It's the glasses, but I love them on him, he looks very smart! I also love his blue/black hair that's 'all over the place.' It suits him! Oh darn about the cat curse on Roxanne. Sounds like from what you're saying most likely Isaius has to be the one to reverse the spell. That's the way it usually goes with spells, only those that cast them can reverse them.

Okay, I get it now and that all makes perfect sense! Thanks for the explanation! I should've figured that out on my own. o.O

Oh gosh at this point the only thing I have planned for these two is brotherly love for a little sister. That's it! But! You notice I did make him not much older than her. There's a reason for that. It's just a little pre-planning insurance in case something happens to Josh. I'd say Damon is next in line, but well, he's in the dog house right now and I don't know if at this point Essa could ever have any romantic feelings for him. There is a TON of time left in the year so who knows what could happen. *shrugs* Yeah, L. is giddy with excitement over helping Essa make Damon pay. She loves that kind of stuff! She's a fun Sim to write! :)

Of course, I can tell Gabbie is a good person too from the way you write her. I'd like to know how she got involved with Isaius in the first place though. She doesn't seem the type to be a henchman, er henchwoman. ;) Oh hey, I don't expect you to write Roxanne's adventures as a cat, it was more speculation than anything. I should've figured out she would track Bryon by scent. Good thinking!

Yup! That all makes sense, definitely! I just wasn't thinking straight when I asked you that. I was extremely tired and a bit loopy. Really shouldn't have been typing up a comment in the first place, but I wanted to! :) Thanks for explaining it all though, I appreciate it!

Aww, Roxanne is trying SO hard to communicate with Naoki and Bryon! I think she's making a bit of progress too! hehe So cute that Naoki came up with the being a cat idea! I bet he had no idea that it could actually maybe happen though! I wonder who would be powerful enough to cast that kind of spell, probably Morgyn, or any of the Sages? I guess we shall see! ;)

Well, well, looks like teen Isaius might have a crush on teen Gabbie by the way he's holding her hands. Now that would be a cool twist to all of this eh? He can't fall in love with his prior BFF, Brytani, but perhaps he can with her daughter. Oh I love that idea! This is all getting very interesting!

Annnnnnd I wrote another novel. o.O Sorry...

@AnnoyingTiger
    Well how cool is this!? Astrid and Essa becoming friends, I love it! :) Oh dear, bummer Astrid got attacked by her bees! HAHA And Moira too! Aww, she baked a Honey cake for them to share! I still haven't made one of those or got any bees yet for Essa. Maybe in May. She'll be too busy with school next month, and other things, to dedicate any time to bees. Nice! Only 7 more frogs and she'll have the entire collection! Go Astrid! Fun update! :)

@SoulGal7
    Oh my gosh! I don't know which part was funnier! Almost everybody got hit by lightening, including Sakura, River farting everywhere, Bryon knitting and getting bit by a spider, Melody being a clean freak, and more! At least Sakura got her badges and is a Llamacorn scout now. Go Sakura! Great two part story for Sakura! Absolutely loved it! <3

@Ellupelluellu
    Man, they need to fix that with the mermaid denial thing it's ridiculous!

@Hermitgirl
    Ah. Essa, what the heck are you doing standing in a mud puddle to study? :D I totally understand about trying to play with a large number of Sims. I can't do it either, nope too stressful.

The cheering is ridiculous, they are there every single time she goes to the Realm and cheer every time. It's funny, but a bit too silly in my opinion. Essa usually rolls her eyes at them! They get jealous of one another too depending on which one she hugs first. Hilarious! Her dream is just that, a dream. She's starting to remember.

Thanks I didn't set it up that way though. That just happened to be where L. was when Essa found her. Don't take photos with them, take photos of them. Your Sim takes a photo (or 5, I always do 5) of the Sim they want to befriend. It's been a glitch for a long time.
    edited March 2021
    Update 67 - Under the Mistletoe

Ts8IJlx.png

Notes:
    Ah, yes, what a way to wake up on Winterfest morning.
    fm0y5wa.png

Jules popped by home quickly to get her gifts and a change of clothes, and then it was time to decorate the tree. She hadn't imagined that Winterfest would feel even remotely normal, considering the circumstances, but having Lydia in her life gave her a place to belong, at least for now, and she was grateful for whatever their relationship was evolving into, even if it meant that she had herself isolated in a safe little bubble as she avoided the rest of the world.
    upYV2af.png

Mochi, being the cutest in her jammies.
    i8ZoDVl.png

VFS9qAm.png

Then they exchanged gifts. Jules caught a digital sketch pad ages ago when fishing, so she decided to give that to Lydia. Lydia gave Jules a really nice digital camera, which will come in handy SINCE JULES STILL REFUSES TO GET A PHONE. (Actually she is constantly on her phone and I have to make sure it doesn't pop up in any screenshots :D)
    1pDTIFa.png

Jules picked up the dog and literally held her for a for a few hours :joy:
    2yhUL7Z.png
    m6STFtX.png

She didn't even want to put her down when Father Winter showed up.
    OJaKia8.png

But eventually she did exchange gifts with Father Winter. She received a grill from him (thanks?) and gave him one of her paintings.
    ldYgWb8.png

Whoops....
    lKuEHqp.png

Chanukah coincides closely with Winterfest in my game, so Lydia decided to honor her Jewish roots.

"Are you REALLY sure you want to light the menorah after what just happened to the tree?"
    dXj7bya.png

(Thankfully no more flames)

And then I played for another week. Jules is powering through the music aspiration, building her flower arranging skill, and harvested a pomegranate! Also she is doing other activities in her free time...😏
    xbMn5Zd.png

And that brought us up to New Years, which I thought I would include in this post as well, since tomorrow we will time jump once again :)FBBeeum.png?1

edited March 2021
    @Karababy52
    Great update! Essa getting mouthy with dear old Dad was hilarious, glad that he's the patient, sweet guy he is and isn't put off by it. He's just proud she's so enthusiastic and powerful. What a great duel! And she really pummeled poor Simeon.

Now let's talk about your exciting news - I can for sure understand why you got so excited over your new CC, even if it seems small. Installing custom lashes alone is a game changer LOL. Your sims look lovely, and I love the little piece of CC you carefully chose. I haven't really delved into the world of CC brows and body hair, so you're doing more than I am haha. I don't even have CC eyes anymore (mine broke and I never replaced them, found I didn't actually hate the in game eyes too much haha) I definitely think you (and all the other swooning ladies on this challenge HAHA) will enjoy the body hair though, and I am curious to see Josh and co. with their new CC in full. Nice work on Lilith too! Not too familiar with her, but she is quite pretty! I've never loved that hair you picked for her, but with such a lovely face, I find that I don't even dislike that hair much either! So, the real question is...will you be satisfied with these 6 CC items, or have you started your conversion to the dark side LOL? I'm always here for some good CC suggestions if you need any ;) And yes, I know, I'm terrible encouraging you, but I can't help it lol....

Oh, I do love writing romance, don't get me wrong, and I can have the same problem as you. I wrote fanfiction for years that edged on some mature descriptions for sure LOL. ;) Just in general though, I'm not used to writing this often, and while I enjoy it, it can be exhausting, which is why some of my updates read like an actual novel while others, I let the screenshots do more of the telling. And these days, I've been busy and tired, so letting the screenshots do more of the work has been a welcome relief lol. But when I need, and when I'm in the proper mindset, I will for sure be writing my Jules updates with a proper narrative haha. And yes, I've been playing Jules and Lydia together for many sim weeks now, so their relationship has definitely been happening at a different pace in sim time and in my head than what you guys saw haha.

Also totally get it about not pushing your cat away lol, I have been there many times with my needy and affectionate girl ❤️
    @permanentrose

Yeah, she's fortunate that he's just so happy to have her in his life again, he overlooks the trash talk and actually kind of likes it! :D I took the default replacement eyes out. They look too odd to me, especially since the colors don't match the Maxis colors. Especially for Josh. He doesn't look like Josh to me anymore. His eye color is a light green with blue highlights and those are just...blue. Anyway, I'm not in the market for any more CC. This is it for me right now, probably for a long time. But thanks for the offer. :) Oh and as for Lilith, I just picked the first hairstyle I came across that had bangs, that was it! :D I do like that hairstyle though, but mostly in the solid color.

Oh man, that's a bummer their tree burned up! o.O Looks like they had a good holiday otherwise. The dog is adorable. :) I'm not used to writing so much either. I wrote a lot of roleplay back in TS2 days, and dabbled in fanfiction, but that's about it besides writing up articles and contests for my forum. I figured you must've been playing them for awhile.

Anyway, I'm headed off now to feed my cats, play a little in the game and get some sleep. Have a great day! <3
    edited March 2021
    @Karababy52 - Congrats on the cc move and getting it to work in-game. But, yeah, if you want Josh to look a certain way and he doesn't, then don't use it. A big step for you, but then, you are pretty good at stuff like that. :)

March 7 -
    Well, to have a first duel with your father, who is a Sage, and win, well that's frickin' amazing! Way to go Essa! You are a very special Spellcaster, just like your Dad said you were. I could understand that Essa was shaking in her boots before she attempted the duel. I mean, Dad is a Sage, and Essa is just, well a student. So, yeah for Essa! And that cake is for you, dear Essa! Woot!
    edited March 2021
    @permanentrose - Update 67 -
    Jules looks super cute in that dress - aka pregnancy clothes - lol I am so happy that Jules is having a nice Winterfest with Lydia. And Mochi - what a cute dog. And Jules must have needed some extra comfort since she carried Mochi around for all that time. That is so sweet :) And Father Winter gave her a grill...when you said that and then I saw the tree on fire, I was thinking like, Jules, did you use that grill inside and burn down your tree? I have never had the tree burn down - does it just light on fire, or was something else near it? Glad you are celebrating the two holiday traditions by lighting the menorah, and so happy there were no more fires. Nice gift exchange between Lydia and Jules, and, ahem...of course, they celebrated! Woot! Nice shot of the New Year's Eve smooch. You know, even though this is Mario's baby, and he doesn't know it yet, I really like Jules and Lydia together. Lydia has been nothing but a wonderful friend, and more, to Jules, and Jules needs someone like that in her life. Oh sure, she has lots of family members, but sometimes you can't really confide in a family member like you can your significant other. I am hoping that no matter what happens with Lydia and Jules that they will be forever friends. I would like to see them as a forever couple. but I know you said that you would be having lots of other relationships before "the one". Wonderful update.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    edited March 2021
    @SoulGal7 Unfortunately my tree burns down almost every Winterfest, when they decide to light the tree together. It’s like the weenie roast disaster 😂😂

Thank you for your kind comments. Lydia and Jules are very sweet together, I’m quite attached right now so let’s see where time takes them :) I do have some vague future plans, but things change when the gameplay actually happens, so we shall see...
    February (Monday): Day 21: Cowabunga! It's a Cowplant!

THE-MYSTERY-PLANT.png
    Monday and it was back to school for Sakura. The weather, of course, was rainy, and the forecast looked like rain for the entire week. Blech!

after-school-on-monday.png

When Sakura returned home, she tended her garden (in the rain). There were also a lot of weeds, but luckily she had her trusty weed sucker to do that work fast. The rain stopped and suddenly the temperature soared and it was a heatwave! Sakura went back in the house and took off her raingear and changed into some shorts.

her-little-plant-had-grown-into-this.png

When she came out and was continuing her gardening, she rounded the corner and saw this HUGE plant where her little mysterious plant used to sit. Oh my gosh! Is this what that mystery plant was? It was like a cow...but a plant...a cowplant. It looked so cute, and Sakura named it "Strawberry" after the bait she had used to catch it. [I had to move the cowplant at this point, because Sakura couldn't interact with it.]

her-little-strawberry-looked-like-it-had-teeth.png

Sakura: "Do you want to play, Strawberry? Oh you do. Oh you are a good Strawberry..."

Sakura looked at the plant and thought that she saw it had teeth. No...can't be. Right?

strawberry-did-you-bike-me.png

Sakura went to pet Strawberry, and thought that the plant had bit her. No way! Plants don't bite sims!

Sakura thought that maybe Strawberry was hungry. Of course, it needed some food. She had a packet of bone meal fertilizer and offered it to Strawberry.

feeding-strawberry.png

Sakura: "Now, don't bite me, or no treat for you!"

That seemed to work and Strawberry seemed to be quite content now. [At this point, I placed the cowplant in the household inventory. I may use it later, but it takes up a lot of room on the lot and I didn't want it feasting on some of Sakura's friends! lol And, yes, Sakura has now completed the Freelance Botanist Aspiration! Woot!]

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

INVITING-SOFIA-OVER.png

It was time to call Sofia for their music club meeting brainstorm.

Sakura had chatted with Sofia at Scout camp about the possibility of starting a Music Club together, and Sofia had been excited about the idea. Because Luna was also her best friend, Sakura asked Luna if she wanted to be a member of the club as well. But Luna said she had too many other activities that she was involved in, plus she didn't really play a musical instrument. Luna had told Sakura, though, that if Sakura needed any help with make-overs or clothes, that she would be happy to help that way.

Sakura had been so excited about the Music Club that she had made up some flyers and put them up at school today. She had talked to her music teacher, and he told her about a website called Fat Llama, where musicians loan out their underused instruments for a small fee. Her music teacher had a friend who was with them, and he could make a call for her, if she wanted. He told her they also delivered the instruments for free. Sakura had never even thought about renting instruments. She had just assumed that the members would bring their own. But, it's true, what if another member of the club played piano? Sakura only had one piano, so, yes, this service did sound ideal. Sakura thanked her music teacher, discussed what she may need, and asked him to make the call for her.

SOFIA-CAME-OVER.png

And Sofia wasted no time in getting to Sakura's house.

They sat together, and talked about the music club, and Sakura told Sofia about the Fat Llama company and getting some instruments "on loan".

LOOK-JULES-IS-GREAT.png

Sofia: "Sakura, that's a great idea. You know, maybe this could be more than a club. Maybe this could be the start of a band..."

Sakura: "A band? Do you really think that we could get some good musicians interested?"

Sofia: "Hey! We're talking about the School For The Arts here. Oh yes! You're going to get lots of calls. And now would be a good time to talk about the type of band we want and how many of each type of musician we need..."

Sakura: "Sofia, if we're a band, I think I just want to limit it to teens at the school."

she-most-defintiely-needs-work.png

Sofia: "That's a great idea! And maybe...I don't know how you feel about this...but maybe an all-girl group...like the Go-Go's. That would be so cool!"

Sakura: "Oh Sofia, I like that idea, too. But if it's a band, what are we going to call it...?"

hinking-about-a-band-name.png

Sofia looked around the room and so did Sakura. A band name was so hard to pick. And then Sakura saw something and thought it fit perfectly.

Sakura: "Oh, wait! I got it! What about The Plumbobs?" as she pointed to the picture above her head.

Sofia: "Oh my gosh! What a fantastic name! I love it!"

getting-a-call-from-a-student.png

And almost as soon as Sofia said that, Sakura got a call from a student asking if they could join the Music Club.

Sofia whispering, "We should hold auditions...tomorrow night...here..."

Sakura spoke into the phone: "That would be great. We've actually had quite a bit of interest in the Music Club and there is only room for eight members, so we're holding auditions tomorrow night....you have your own guitar...okay...sure bring that..." as she gave the student the rest of the details, "...that's great...we'll see you tomorrow night, Roxanne..."

Sakura quickly made a call to her music teacher and asked if the instruments could be delivered tomorrow, and he said they could be.

weve-formed-a-band.png

They were all set. Sofia and Sakura looked at each other and smiled. Oh my gosh! They were starting a band!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Fat Llama is a company that actually does exist. I had to mention this company, as we all know about the significance of the Llama icon in The Sims. It just suited so well.

The Go-Go's is an all-girl band from the '80s.

Sakura also got another call that night from Wolfgang asking if she wanted to join the Renegades! I thought that was funny. I guess if the Paragons didn't want her, the Renegades did. They must have heard about all the "incidents" that happened at her Scout camp and figured she was the type of person they wanted in their club! ROLF! She declined their offer.

wolfgang-invites-sakura-to-join-renegades.png
    I love how everyone is bringing in the other challengers' sims (when possible), or they just kind of appear on the lot. I am way behind everyone else in my up-dates, but I am hoping to actually finish February (Gah!) this week! lol But you never know what can happen.

@Hermitgirl - March 7th - Guess who got the Dust the Bust kit! lol I have heard various things about it, and knowing Roxanne, if there is way to...um....accidentally kill someone...she is going to try it out. hehehe Sorry Roxanne :) Love that you have Jules and Tessa, and Bryon and River paired up in houses. That is kind of cool. I just have them all lumped together in one house Mt. Komorebi and they do their own thing, except when I have them participate in stuff, like the Scout camp. I did change the house a bit and gave each person their own bed. Also added some skill items. What do you get with the Dust the Bust aspiration - do you get a new trait?
    @SoulGal7
    I haven't really played around with the scouts, so it's nice seeing a get together with them! Sakura looks like she had a lot of fun. There was a bear though :o Wolfgang really stepped up and handled the situation hehe Honestly, that campfire is so stupid :/ You can't do half the interactions without a chair but it always sets the chair, and the sim sittting there, on fire. It's so annoying.

Poor Sofia, sucks that she got hit by lightning, glad she didn't die though. Oof and then Rohan! Guys go inside your tents for sim's sake! SAKURA NOOOOO! I'm so glad she's okay and didn't die <3 Holy grim I literally shivered in real life when I saw that spider KILL IT WITH FIRE!! Looks like they all had a lot of fun hehe now I want to get Astrid into the scouts.

The cowplant grew!! Honestly, it's one of my favorite things in the game, so adorable. They're forming a band? Ooo going for fame or just for fun? Either way, it's gonna be cool to see. The Plumbobs is a cool name.

@permanentrose
    I'm pretty sure any can, well aside from the small pets like rats and hamsters - though who knows, I've never actually tried. Might do that... for science! Just another one of the game's wonderful glitches hehe I don't play with teens often so I never knew they exchanged promise rings. From your comment, I assume they replace the wedding rings? Nope, I instigated it because NPCs don't autonomously do things like that in my game, though maybe they should...

Awww, how cute!! They kissed at the festival that's feckin' adorable. I mean, I knew it was gonna happen from the screenshot thread but it was still surprising. I didn't expect it at all, but I'm glad she's found a mutual relationship and I hope it works out!

I usually try to stick with stories and end up thinking them all up, but it's stressful and I usually lose my will to play through them when I do that, which sucks but it is what it is. So I mostly just do commentary style, but this is my first time sticking strictly to just photos. As for the collectibles, it's the frogs, dirt piles and rocks. They show up pretty frequently at my house but they stopped showing up at the park, which is weird and kind of sucks :( I'll just have to stick to the neighborhoods hehe

Mochi is so adorable I love that dog so feckin' much ahhhh What a cute picture for winterfest, kissing under the mistletoe. Adorable <3 What happened to the tree??? Did she try to use her new grill on it XDD

@Karababy52
    Aww it's so cute how special she is to Morgyn, my heart <3 I really love L's hair, it's so feckin' beautiful with those colors. I wonder what she's going to do to hmm, choices choices~

Hm, maybe I should give it a try on them. You know, for science ;) Oo I can't wait to see the one you choose and yes, you have to reach pet training level 10 I think? Which requires a dog since you can't train a cat which is bull because I trained my cat to sit on command. Yeah, that's the second time I've heard that about familiars, but I'd rather not try it out with Pumpkin. I'd literally cry if I lost her. Plants are there, but there's no collectibles - the dirt piles, frogs and the crystal rocks. They spawned at first but then suddenly... stopped :/ But they still spawn near my home, just not in the park or in the glade.

Woah, Essa kicked his butt! Good going, girl, you're stronk :D God, Josh is so gorgeous, man. He's trying to become my favorite sim and take the top spot from Morgyn hehe

@Skeilah
    It's the first time I've seen it too. At first, I thought it was someone from the school since I haven't been letting her go, I was afraid he was going to take her away lol And yeah it sucks that you get fined if you don't comply because I never even pay attention to it so I never know what's in effect. She used too much power and had an overcharge of magic, which I guess in a way is electrocution, just of the magical variety hehe Right?? It sounds cool to have a sims comic, but it's so much effort it's like... is it really worth it? lol And yeah me too. But I decided to choose frogs as the collection to finish which is the easiest and, thankfully, I can just use the pond and don't need the logs to spawn.

Poor Naoki, that looks so painful xDD A similar thing happened when Astrid tried to caress Duane's cheek. She was too far away and he arm twisted behind her. Super weird. I'm so glad Roo is okay, I wonder if they will solve the mystery and save her c:

@Hermitgirl
    That fishing picture looks beautiful <3 Good to see everyone working hard to get their grades up!

I agree, the game wouldn't be the same without Pumpkin! And nah, she's not a neat freak at all, but the dust is super annoying and puts her in a bad mood :(
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
    @Skeilah - March 7 - So glad that "Kitty" is feeling better! lol Naoki has adopted her, how sweet, but she really wants Bryon. Isn't that like cats, though? And Bryon must have a 6th sense about her, and knows that she is an intelligent cat. Maybe too intelligent because something is not right. Oh my gosh, and then Bryon gets the idea that he and Naoki are going to become cats with a magic spell. Oh no! Bryon...get a sim who knows what they are doing to cast that spell...and then how would you get back? Meanwhile, ghost Isaius meets Gabbie. I wonder what Gage is thinking about here. Maybe he is hoping that she can do something.

By the way, I love Bryon with glasses...so Harry Potter'ish. lol
    I am trying to get caught up on the comments. Still have some to do. I just love everyone's stories and photos :)

@AnnoyingTiger - Thanks for the info on the new Bust the Dust kit and the aspirations. Sounds like fun times with that little kit.

March 6 - Oh, there is Tessa in the park. How wonderful to meet one of the challengers. I love that expression on Astrid's face when she catches the frog in the pond. Oh, and now Duane (love that sim) is Astrid's boyfriend, and they exchanged promise rings. Ahhh...that is sweet. The last photo cracked me up with Pumpkin telling Duane that it was about time! hehehe

March 7 - Nice that Astrid is making friends with Tessa. And I love the behind shot of the broken toilet when Tessa calls to ask if she can hang out. Yep...sure...just bring a plunger. Was that Eliza Pancakes trying to get some honey from the bee box...for shame...luckily the bees were onto her. That chair looks rather comfy that Astrid got at the flea market. And honey cake...oh yum:)

March 8 - Love all the photos, and so funny that Tessa has no top on in the last two photos! hehehe Is that the house she lives in, because it is HUGE! And, of course, Pumpkin is so cute strutting through the house. Cute! The garden looks good.

@permanentrose - Update 65 - Jules has a baby bump and her hair is longer, too. She looks rather happy. Hey, great idea on how to defeat the vending machine. Get the simmies when you're preggers. Great idea! I think that a relationship is developing between Jules and Lydia. I see how protective Lydia is of Jules when Jules is watching tv. And that pose of Lydia and Jules giving each other love and support. Nice! How funny that Jules thinks of Brittany when she has the swarm of bees in her hand. I think that Jules still has feelings for Emmett and is bitter about Brittany having come between Emmett and Jules' friendship. And a lovely honey cake to share because we all know how Jules loves honey.

Update 66 - Oh I love that festival, especially those lanterns on the water. It is so pretty. And there it is...the kiss between Jules and Lydia. I just knew that was coming. And talk about a "fever" between the two of them. Woot! Woot! I actually love seeing these two together. :) And that was kind of bad that the sentiment didn't last. I know all of Sakura's with Kyoshi are now gone *sob*

@Karababy52 - Day 6 - So nice that Essa's Dad is waiting for her when she goes through the portal. I really like that Simeon is her Dad and that there is so much love there between them. And it seems that all of the Sages had a hand in raising Essa, well, until she was 2 anyway. And how wonderful that Morgyn gave her the necklace that she holds dear. And L teaches her duelling. I love the make-over you did for L. She is simply gorgeous. A really great chapter and a wonderful way to meet the Sages. I wonder what Josh thinks about all of this and that Essa has found her father...or does he know?

@Kanindota - Day 65 - Poor Sofia. I wonder why she is so sad. Teen angst, I am sure. And Dirk's girlfriends come over together...alrighty then! lol Dirk certainly has an exciting love life. And River...kissing all the girls and making them cry. And Kat? Gee, Kat seems so long ago.

Day 66 - Funny seeing ghost Dirk mixing up a cauldron of green goo. I just hope that isn't dinner. lol River looks wonderful practicing his spells. And he is wearing glasses, too.

@Hermitgirl - March 6 - That cauldron is HUGE! Roxanne is certainly working away at the potions. And nice to take Melody under her wing to start. I am not sure you can do this with Sages, but a quick way to befriend someone is to take a photo with them. And Archie, the secret agent man! lol

@Skeilah - March 6 - Naoki making cookies to have a picnic with Jules. That's nice :) And Gabbie comes over to help Bryon with some potions, and then Bryon tells her the whole story of his docu-drama life. And maybe at first she doesn't believe him, but then, I think she does. Of course, she doesn't know why Gage really wants her to come over. But, she needs to save that cat! Yes she does! Oh no! Save Roxanne! Save that cat! Love the Behind the Scenes and how ghost Isaius is scared of the cell phone. Well, because, hey, they didn't have them when he was a teen, and he's been locked away, so doesn't know much of anything. So, Gage is thinking that Gabbie can help them. It's a good thing, then, that Bryon told her all about his past.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top