Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Vacuum Off-The-Grid, but have the 'Eco Charging' whatever that allows you to vacuum OTG.

Exactly as the title says, I gave it that Eco charging thing but I still cannot vacuum while Off-The-Grid.

Comments

• JokerSkateJokerSkate Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey! If you have the eco lifestyle pack, I found that buying a solar panel and wind turbine generated power and allowed me to use the vacuum even with the off the grid lot trait.

Unfortunately I don’t know of a way around this without the eco lifestyle pack.
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    JokerSkate wrote: »
    Hey! If you have the eco lifestyle pack, I found that buying a solar panel and wind turbine generated power and allowed me to use the vacuum even with the off the grid lot trait.

well im doing the decades challenge, so can't do that. Thanks for the suggestion though!
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited March 2021
    There are a few spots on the floor that allows you to "throw away" the trash. But there will still be dust stains and it won't be long till your sim is tense/uncomfortable. I did what JokerSkate did, I got a roof solar panel and a windmill so I can vacuum during the time the power is working.

I don't really know what you would do when playing a challenge. Let us know if you figure something out!

ETA: did you upgrade the vacuum, they say that will work with off the grid ?
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited March 2021
    Rosysimmer wrote: »

well im doing the decades challenge, so can't do that. Thanks for the suggestion though!

For the decades challenge is it too “cheaty” to use the roofing shingles that are solar collectors and then just pretend your fueling the vacuum another way? Also, if you got rid of the vacuum could you still clean the floor by say mopping like before? I thought they said you could on the livestream and that it just takes longer.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    @Pamtastic72 I used the solar roofing shingles and it did nothing (I had only been playing it for about 4 sim days) and when I added the roof solar panel, it worked the next day and gave me a little bit of electricity.

Do you know if the roofing shingles work, or if I didn't wait long enough? Maybe mine is bugged :D
    @Pamtastic72 I used the solar roofing shingles and it did nothing (I had only been playing it for about 4 sim days) and when I added the roof solar panel, it worked the next day and gave me a little bit of electricity.

Do you know if the roofing shingles work, or if I didn't wait long enough? Maybe mine is bugged :D

I only used them once...I would have to try them again. It seems they should work just like the panels but, well...you know. I do know off the grid is a true challenge, whenever I play it my sims struggle hard.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Rosysimmer wrote: »

I think i'll switch the dust system off when i start the decades challenge... It's a shame cause a dusty cabin would fit well and because women can't work in the first decades, so it would add to their chores... i hope a broom can be added by maxis or a modder...
  • Zell34Zell34 Posts: 9 New Member
    Ravasheen has some history challenge appropriate power and water generators. https://www.thesimsresource.com/members/RAVASHEEN/downloads/details/category/sims4-sets/title/alter-eco-utility-set/id/1528955/
    At this point, I am just waiting for some kind and talented modder to make an off-the-grid broom/mop mod to use instead of a vacuum.
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Zell34 wrote: »
    Ravasheen has some history challenge appropriate power and water generators. https://www.thesimsresource.com/members/RAVASHEEN/downloads/details/category/sims4-sets/title/alter-eco-utility-set/id/1528955/
    At this point, I am just waiting for some kind and talented modder to make an off-the-grid broom/mop mod to use instead of a vacuum.
    Thank you!

• lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    @Zell34 Thank you for the link to Ravasheen's mod set. I'll be trying that out tonight. As a temporary workaround today, I just removed the Off The Grid lot trait while my sims vacuumed, then put it back. :/ They were getting uncomfortable "filth" moodlets. :s I hope these power generators do the trick until the vacuums get patched.
    @lanlyn I made a bug report on this, the link is in my signature if you want to click “me too”.
    @Pamtastic72 Will do! Thanks. :)
    edited March 2021
    Just to share--I installed some of Ravasheen's Alter-Eco mods. I don't have Eco Lifestyle, so some objects wouldn't have worked for me. But I placed the basic water hand pump, a few water jugs, and several power (gas) canisters on my off-the-grid lot. After restarting the game, the stats reset on the utility tax bill. I was then able to use a vacuum without even doing the self-powered upgrade on it.
    I'm still sticking to off-the-grid choices otherwise, but it's nice to have some extra power so I can vacuum and do special things like order medicine or repair parts every so often. So the mods can be used as a work-around for the vacuums until they get patched.

https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/1528955

I found this grill/rack in BB and used MOO to place the canisters inside the slots.
    y4mdpaliDNEeaMa8uXqW72Ez4g0WAj_XOWCRA6XUnQmuVu0_YPk4QxXJrYLxITqvztSropzI3xq4zb1snz2bZPF3EmQhGBJe3mRfOfKQcx3Y3MTS3pcu4RvTcLqhsMvRh0-_P0Ag2_lYRchpkogcPoM9n2ISJhN7fwaRBvykD9xBa9ooZLorgnId-kaRU6jJEX7?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    The water jugs add a few more units to the water total. The hand pump (left) is used to gather water. Before this, my sims had been running down to the bay.
    y4m4hMdWMHy-Oedhh6G9KKj7wDtmur8b6NeW7Plp5fYg91s51NyyLwfkElZ4N6lFDbkAwCAsmI4DzukL_ypaGeni7-2e0yu-uyUJGbBQOGxRe6YFZ5OvIVMe9iBjP8zaxQQXEdUdobplLUG-hDnbKJv4DVhRtzeaYFAIAktD77VYoUYRM2yo7PXXxP2pOb530Im?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none