Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bust the Dust Kit are the kind of reason why I have yet any DLC

DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
edited March 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Dust Bunnies? Children can Nuzzle them? They can burn down the house? And a PACK centered around a VACUUM? Really, EA? The first and third additions exist in this NON-paranormal pack, when it would fit have more with the recent stuff pack than here. Didn't Maxis learn anything from complaints from rodents using a rocket to get greeting cards through DEFAULT means?? Like I'm not convinced why should I even consider investing in TS4, when priorities are off and the implementation of things are zany. When the dislike on one of your pack selling trailers is greater than the like ration, I think it be good type for Maxis to reconsider their business scheme. Even If EA is holding a gun behind to continue with the continuation of forth pack type, at least make the quality of the content decent and not questionable.
NNpYlHF.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Good thing there is no gun, as you mentioned, and you can skip whatever packs you please. If you only have the base, you should be able to drop this game for a better one, too, with minimal wallet damage.

Personally, I like "zany" things. Humor was one of the things that really separated the original Sims from pet simulators or the Computer People game for me. The tragic clown and social bunny were hilarious in my opinion, and gave the game a lot of flavor. If anything, I consider Bust the Dust rather mundane and realistic for its cleaning system. It is fairly easy just to vacuum the bunnies rather than interacting.

So I hope you find a game that does satisfy you.
  • Options
    To each their own. The humor I liked in previous game was somewhat well sophiscated, while here it feels... sometimes in the face? Good thing washers in laundry day didn't walk, as that how I feel. Then again, I could give them a slack to trying doing there best, although the implementation would have been in proper form. Eh
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    The sims were always silly🤭🤭 granted this one is a bit sillier but that's just the light hearted direction they decided to go in for this iterneration.
    Personally I would love everything to be darker and more serious but it is what it is. 🙆‍♀️
    I doubt they are going to change it any time soon.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Fair point. I probably would have to strike though, because I'm learning this isn't really the reason why I dislike the pack. Apology for that.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited March 2021
    To me it's not really funny or silly. It's trying hard to be silly. Like the whole game's animations just seem childish. The Sims 1 and 2 were highly satirical which made them so funny.
    The bunnies and spirits on the other hand just seem childish and made to be cutesy so they can attract this 18-25 female target group, which works really well it seems. It's all like very cute, baby-ish imo, when in the previous games it was social satire.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    To me it's not really funny or silly. It's trying hard to be silly. Like the whole game's animations just seem childish. The Sims 1 and 2 were highly satirical which made them so funny.
    The bunnies and spirits on the other hand just seem childish and made to be cutesy so they can attract this 18-25 female target group, which works really well it seems. It's all like very cute, baby-ish imo, when in the previous games it was social satire.

Agree. I have always loved the humor in The Sims - its a staple of the series' "personality", but The Sims 4 leans too heavily into a cute/childish brand of silliness for my taste. The whole zany & wacky cutesy approach reminds me of the internet in ~2012-ish when every preteen had that "lolz im so random xD" thing going on. It's just not my thing, and I myself am a female between the ages of 18-25.
  • Options
    carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited March 2021
    @SimmerGeorge @hyrulerose I agree with you, and I think that many things in the game are presented in a too childish manner. The team really needs to add more options to toggle on/off features. Because players come from a wide range of age and personal play style, so we need more options to adjust the game.

I’m ok with them adding things that don’t fit my personal play style if I can turn off the feature in my settings. I would have purchased Island living and Paranormal if we had an option to toggle off occult / fantasy element (like mermaid / aliens / ghosts), and I would have liked some of my packs more if I could turn off some off the features (aliens...).

Like with Dust the dust kit… I think the animation for vacuum up dust bunnies is hilarious (because it’s quite brutal) but I like realism in my game and would have loved to have an option to completely turn off dust bunnies (they killing the realistic vibe).
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited March 2021
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on