Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 - Ancestry Project

Sims 4 - Ancestry Project

The aim of this project is to recreate the full ancestries for the most memorable pre-made families in the sims series spanning from The Sims Medieval era to The Sims 4.

Download Save File: Coming Soon
Required Mods: MC Command Center | Zerbu - Venue Changes
Primary Information Source: The Sims Wiki

Although every effort is being made to stay true to canon, the creation of Fictional Sims and the designation of Unknown Relation Sims will be required in order to connect family branches to a common ancestor. In these cases I will do my best to form logical connections using the available source information and any further possible research.

Windenburg Chapel & Cemetery
  • All deceased ancestors have gravestones/urns
  • All families have their graves arranged together
  • Notable characters have memorials (Princess Cordelia Thebe / Admiral Landgraab/Ebenezer Alto)

Completed Ancestries
  • Hemlock, Straud, Spencer-Kim-Lewis, Sargeant
  • Alto (Ojeda, Hale, Wahine, Kahale, Hernandez, Medina)
  • Landgraab (Zest, Buckingham, Darktide, Landegraab)
  • Shallot (Escargot, Alcorn)
  • Goth (Crumplebottom, Bachelor, Caliente, Al Mahmoud, Libros, Gilman, Dalton, Branson)
  • Capp (Thebe, Caesar, Albion, Dane, Scott, Gale, Anjou, Norman)
  • Monty (Pantalone, Zanni, Arlecchino, Brighella, Dottore, Capitano, Amantes)
  • Littler (Angelista, Perry)
  • Broke (Newbie, Simovitch)
  • Lord Lycan & Lady Sanguina
  • Pleasant (Burb, Oldie, Marsh, Danders, Ruggbyrne)

Deviations from Canon

Goth
Shallot, Escargot, Alcorn
  • Lord Bernard Escargot Shallot IV and Lady Mimsy Alcorn Shallot have been given ancestors based around characters from the poem they were inspired by: The Lady of Shalott
  • This ancestry allowed the creation of fictional modern day descendants of the Shallot, Escargot and Alcorn families, who are all currently fighting for control of The Von Haunt Estate after Bernard and Mimsy died without heirs.
#BringBackShangSimlaMartialArts
Post edited by DonLandgraab on

Comments

• DonLandgraabDonLandgraab Posts: 23 Member
    edited June 2020
    Screenshots

Vladislaus IV visiting his ancestors at the crypt underneath Windenburg Chapel.
    DjNfY6U.jpg

Resting place of Princess Cordelia Thebe, surround by the graves of Thebe/Capp descendents.
    74cuIyT.jpg

Shallot, Escargot, Alcorn family feud.
    vplAQQn.jpg
    CicE9lg.jpg
    EQevImM.jpg

Admiral M. Landgraab, descendent of Lord Demetrius Landegraab & Captain Clarisa Darktide.
    PlWkdHm.jpg
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited June 2020
    @Pamtastic72
    Hey :smile:

I was going to get as many of the memorable families done as possible and then release the save file.

I'd love some suggestions for families that people remember and would like to see again.

Currently adding this traffic jam of a family tree: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Curious_family
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited July 2020
    I kinda did something like this for the landgraabs, but with more whimsical and historical liberty. I have two landgraabs who were both born in the mid-to-late 1700s. The blood Landgraab is Elisabeth, and she had a husband named Daniel. In my little version of the lore, the landgraabs own Granite Falls.
    Heres a brief run through of Elisabeth and DanielLandergrabben (Landgraabs now)

Willow Creek
    Elisabeth and Daniel lived in Willow Creek, at 15 Oakland Avenue. They had finished building their estate in 1799, and had time to relax. They decided they needed a vacation spot, and sought that spot in a newly discovered clearing in the forest, named Granite Falls.
    Construction Begins
    In 1812, they started building a vacation estate, in a Tudor Style, seeing as that was a popular style in the new city of Windølle (Windenburg). Construction went swimmingly, up until about March of 1813.
    March 19th, 1813
    The Lord and the Lady, as well as their heir, were missing. Some of the workers said that they had heard hissing, but thought nothing of it.
    About 7 hours after they had been noted missing, they found the heir, Dmitri. He had two hole-like scars on his neck, but other than that he was fine,
    Although he had no memory of what happened. He let construction finish, and he eventually married, had kids, and died in 1879.
    @Rosysimmer Very cool! Now I'm wondering what happened to Dmitri, and whether or not he became a vampire! Nice to know there are others out there who enjoy a good backstory.

As for this project, I unfortunately had to leave the country to look after a family member back in September 2020 so haven't had access to my PC since then, but I've just got it shipped to me today, so I'm about to continue with the ancestries.

Will update soon =)
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited March 2021
    @Rosysimmer Very cool! Now I'm wondering what happened to Dmitri, and whether or not he became a vampire! Nice to know there are others out there who enjoy a good backstory.

As for this project, I unfortunately had to leave the country to look after a family member back in September 2020 so haven't had access to my PC since then, but I've just got it shipped to me today, so I'm about to continue with the ancestries.

Will update soon =)

@DonLandgraab
    oh my wow i forgot i even made this post.

I will say, I made a massive history for my Decades Challenge Sims. Both the Mother and Father are related to wealthy families. (Illorie is the great-granddaughter of Cordelia Thebe and her husband is distantly related to Bernard Alcorn-Shallot.
    Unfortunatley It turned out I arrived home to a corrupted hard drive, so I've lost the files for this save. I'm contemplating wether to tackle this again but I'ts probably more sensible to wait until the Sims 5 and hope for better family trees.