Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Generations Have you Gotten to In Your Game??

Comments

• xAlaska0xAlaska0 Posts: 6 New Member
    Well only like 2 or 3( can't remember exactly) , but will try to do more, still trying, but also end up with doing a new family. Xd
  • SassieSassie Posts: 293 Member
    edited February 2021
    Up to now: 4 (the founding couple/generation included in the count). I don't play that often so I'm progressing slowy (took me over 3 years to have the 4th gen becoming YA). To keep it interesting I play active careers (or retail/restaurants) with the Sim I focus on, it means having to leave the house for work often. The rest of the world's population is managed by MCCC and when the time comes to get a partner I try to find a nice looking townie.
    Currently playing the Abbott household (4th generation now: Theo).
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    @Simtown15 Congrats on your three generations, I hope me and you both can get past that at some point
    @SamDenny now that's a huge linage
    @xAlaska0 congrats on you generation three. I do the same thing, its like lets make a new sim to play with and off I go
    @Sassie congrats on your generation four and nothing wrong with moving slow, that's a very interesting way to play also
  • HappyssummerHappyssummer Posts: 37 Member
    I am on my gen 3 yellow in not so berry ive done really well i normally get so far then delate the save first time i have actually played with elders to i kinder understand how there not much to do with them though which is a shame
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Let's see... I started my first Sims 4 save when the game was brand new, so including my starter Sim I'm on generation... four! Four is still a child. Because I start a new save and get bored of that one, or just go build instead.

TL;DR: 4
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • niallsbrowniesniallsbrownies Posts: 32 Member
    3 currently
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,768 Member
    I did a Close Encounter Academy challenge (3 generation challenge), then got hooked on playing the family and kept going until I got the Legacy Player achievement (I got it at 13 gens instead of 10?) Part of me is tempted to keep playing to get the Alphabet Legacy achievement, but I doubt I have the patience!
    Here's the family tree!
    they/them or she/her
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    The save I’m currently playing has a couple days before gen 2 heir is a YA.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,790 Member
    I’ve had trouble keeping interest in generational play in the past but my latest save in Sims 3 is currently on gen 7, with the Gen 8 heir a child. I’ve been able to keep interest in that save because I play a different challenge or two every generation, and I’ve been exploring a lot of the game that I’d never tried before.

I’ve only been playing S4 since late last year, and one of my saves is on gen 3 (counting the founders) with the next generation in the toddler stage. I really want to be able to get to at least 10 generations because I’ve never done it before!
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I’ve had trouble keeping interest in generational play in the past but my latest save in Sims 3 is currently on gen 7, with the Gen 8 heir a child. I’ve been able to keep interest in that save because I play a different challenge or two every generation, and I’ve been exploring a lot of the game that I’d never tried before.

I'm doing the same :) I have been playing a legacy latelly and i randomize a different challenge every generation.
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,790 Member
    telmarina wrote: »

I'm doing the same :) I have been playing a legacy latelly and i randomize a different challenge every generation.

It’s fun doing that, isn’t it? I’ve covered Runaway Teen and 5x5 House building (gen 1), Toddler Mania and Tiny Living (gen 2), Animal Adoption/Shelter (gen 3), No Technology (gen 4), exploring Showtime/University (gen 5), Trailer Park (gen 6), and Pirate/exploring World Adventures (gen 7) so far. Gen 8 will be exploring Into The Future and since the heir is a fairy, she’s going to aim for all the legacy statues! I think I’ve been playing that save for around three years or more!

My two S4 saves will be doing different challenges. One is Rebuilding Worlds (only on first generation); the other (at the moment) is exploring the JTB pack, with each generation doing a different aspiration in Batuu, starting with the Resistance, Smuggling, and the next gen will be the First Order 😆. After that, I’m not sure where I’ll take it!
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited March 2021
    Mine is kind of cheating because I add on ancestors after the fact, but my main household's family tree is so large that it requires multiple pictures. Here are pictures beneath the spoiler.

51011322132_759bd544e2_c.jpg
    51010511418_7bbfedced6_z.jpg
    51011322172_4170a9a97e_c.jpg
    51010511443_c10d45792d_c.jpg
    51011322222_843402f72c_c.jpg
    51010511473_e07e401419_c.jpg
    51011220511_37afe494bc_c.jpg
    51010551238_a1c342a677_c.jpg
    51011260516_96193d02fc_z.jpg
    51010576168_27be205051.jpg
    51011387562_8008495b77.jpg

In case you're wondering, no one actually gave birth to cats or dogs. :lol: I just started adding pets to the tree.
    The names without pictures are ones who are not in my game yet, except for one baby and the aliens who impregnated two of my Sims. I don't have a picture of those Sims, of course.

Edit: Forgot two pictures. I just added them under the spoiler.
    Second Edit: Forgot that some things changed recently. I just updated the family tree and added two more pictures. It makes me happy that two of my oldest households are now part of the same family tree.
    Post edited by Rouensims on
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • EMSimmer30EMSimmer30 Posts: 181 Member
    My current longest generational save is on gen 19 as a toddler, in my Empire legacy. HI&RH is still under the thumb of his regent but will be enthroned once he comes of age(YA=20). My most generations ever was 42 but all copies of the save became too glitchy to play with all the updates so were erased. I would like one day to reach 100 gens but I'm not sure that will happen unless I go on short life span or the base game gets lots of bugs fixed first.
  • sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    I haven't even gotten through ONE gen in the sims 4. This is the first time I'm this bored with live mode in a sims game so in 4 I only build houses and in the sims 3 is where I play live mode and go through many, many generations.
    That and the fact that the sims 3 has fewer bugs and is more stable on my pc than 4.
  • ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    I'm on Gen 12 in my legacy save. I've been playing it for 6 years! Its my first ever save from when the game originally came out. Sometimes I can go half a year without touching it. In fact I don't think i've played that save since last last august. Maybe its time to rotate back to it.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    edited March 2021
    I play rotationally and switch between normal and long lifespan, so it varies, but the two of my most actively played families are on generation 3 and they are quite close to getting generation 4! I'm looking forward to seeing their babies :)

Rotating families keeps it interesting for me, because then there usually always is some sim/family that fits to my mood.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited March 2021
    telmarina wrote: »

It’s fun doing that, isn’t it? I’ve covered Runaway Teen and 5x5 House building (gen 1), Toddler Mania and Tiny Living (gen 2), Animal Adoption/Shelter (gen 3), No Technology (gen 4), exploring Showtime/University (gen 5), Trailer Park (gen 6), and Pirate/exploring World Adventures (gen 7) so far. Gen 8 will be exploring Into The Future and since the heir is a fairy, she’s going to aim for all the legacy statues! I think I’ve been playing that save for around three years or more!

My two S4 saves will be doing different challenges. One is Rebuilding Worlds (only on first generation); the other (at the moment) is exploring the JTB pack, with each generation doing a different aspiration in Batuu, starting with the Resistance, Smuggling, and the next gen will be the First Order 😆. After that, I’m not sure where I’ll take it!

Yeah, it's so fun :) so far i have covered the strawberry gen in a different kind of legacy challenge (gen 1), love the neighbour challenge (gen 2), neighbourhood wishes challenge (gen 3), starving artist to superstar challenge (gen 4) and 1st gen of not so berry challenge (gen 5). It's the time i have played more generations ever in sims 4!
  • EMSimmer30EMSimmer30 Posts: 181 Member
    Here is a pic of HI&RH Prince Rhaegnar 7.
    ADyoDhM.png
  • xMyrthexMyrthe Posts: 56 Member
    Only three! I always play legacy style, but so far I haven't had much look with my computer. They keep dying on me and I actually really miss my past legacies.

I just started a new one though but I always think the first generation is the most boring. Once the second generation becomes YAs I tend to play rotational and give them all a different type of life. This keeps my game interesting :)
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    @Happyssummer congrats on your generations, I started the NSB challenge a couple weeks ago, going slow in it, I have my rose heir!
    @phantasmkiss congrats on the four generations. I know the feeling with moving to another save :D
    @niallsbrownies congrats on three generations.
    @SnowBnuuy congrats on your 13 generations, those sound like interesting challenges!
    @BookBear congrats on your generation gameplay
    @MayaRose1138 Congrats on the many generations you played. I never got very far in generations on sims 3
    @texxx78 congrats on your generations
    @MayaRose1138 that's a lot of challenges, bet it keeps it interesting
    @EMSimmer30 Wow that is a super lot of generations many congrats, fingers crossed you will make it to 100! You must tell more more about your Empire legacy!
    @sikasika18 congrats on your many generations in sims 3!
    @ImSands congrats on 12 generations, enjoy it when you get back into it!
    @haisin congrats on your generations, sounds like an interesting way to play also!
    @texxx78 so many lovely ways to play!
    @EMSimmer30 your generations 7 heir is super cuteness!! Love those eyes!
    @xMyrthe congrats on your generations, that does sound like and interesting way to play!

I really enjoy reading how everyone is playing their generations, its super awesomeness!!
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    The longest running, generations wise at least, save was my drifter legacy challenge. I don't play it but I was at the end goal for generation 7, with generation 8 being a toddler. I think it was a boy. :smile: I don't know if I'll get that far again.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    I've wondered this for some time now about how many generations have others sims got too in their games? I've only ever made it to three I think, it would be interesting to know from you lovely simmers out there how far you have gotten and how you stick with it!
    Please feel free to post your comments in this thread along with some pic's if you would like to share your generations gameplay!

I was playing my household in the Drifter Challenge and made it to the third house which is the third generation if I count my beginning household. Do you all count your beginning household? I've heard some do and some don't!

I've recently started a generation of my simself and her hub, no kids yet but I hope I can make it through many generations with this playthrough! Here they are as my founders and my generation one, cause if I don't count them I may never get to the next generation.. :D:o
    01-18-21_1-38-02_PM.png?width=1202&height=676
    01-18-21_1-18-11_PM.png
    01-17-21_5-32-17_PM.png?width=1202&height=676
    In the last pic, they were discussing how they didn't like the house with no wall paint or floorboards :D leave it to my sims to tell me a builder I'm not good at it :D

I'm still on my founders, who are expecting a son. Their first child! His name will be Ryder. I'm trying to recreate the first generation in this photo.
    BABsGan.png

So far I have the founders(Ryan and Katherine Cole, pictured below) and their son's name is Ryder(blonde boy with medium-blonde girlfriend) His sister's name is Madison and she's married to the redhead. Their daughters aren't twins. I had this family since before the toddler update.
    2xpOPwI.png
    qR4XGfP.png
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

Since sims 4 launch, my simself husband and I have great grandchildren. So I'm on gen 4.

Both grandmother's in real life has great great grandchildren so our simselves are going to hold out for some great great grandchildren. <3

I've always wanted to reach gen 10 before moving on to the next iteration but in sims 2 I got to gen 5 and in sims 3 gen 4.
    What can I say, I thoroughly enjoy my sims. <3
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    With asides to stand alone saves for exploring packs, and counting my Founders as first generation, I just she'd up my first 4th gen Sim from tiddler to child. Founders still living.
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    I'm still on 7 right now.