Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,032 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    Brd709 wrote: »
    Will any changes I make to my family while using this still be present after removing it once I’m done with this storyline I’m working on?

Depends on the settings you're using. Things like changing fittness or relationships will stay after you removed MCCC. But there are some settings which might cause issues: for example the age spans. If they are set to long values, your sims might age up or die once MCCC is removed. Also altering game speed with MCCC is a bit tricky if MCCC is removed again.

So my pregnant teen husband and wife's relationships won't be affected once I remove MCCC? Also, is there a way I can see a list of every Sim like you could with Nrass? I have an elder chef in my sims restaurant and I want to know know how many days he has left. I can't do this while he is working.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited March 2021
    Will any changes I make to my family while using this still be present after removing it once I’m done with this storyline I’m working on?

Depends on the settings you're using. Things like changing fittness or relationships will stay after you removed MCCC. But there are some settings which might cause issues: for example the age spans. If they are set to long values, your sims might age up or die once MCCC is removed. Also altering game speed with MCCC is a bit tricky if MCCC is removed again.

So my pregnant teen husband and wife's relationships won't be affected once I remove MCCC? Also, is there a way I can see a list of every Sim like you could with Nrass? I have an elder chef in my sims restaurant and I want to know know how many days he has left. I can't do this while he is working.

You might try the MCCC sim log function from the sim's MCCC menu:
    MCCC > Sim Commands > Logging Commands > Log Sim Details > Commodity/Statistics
    This will work on pretty much any Sim except the Reaper. It gives the option to output several different types of information for Sims including buffs, traits, statistics, relationships and objects in inventory (only works for Sims that are on the current lot). A log file with the details will be output to the MCCC folder in Sims 4 mods. Added a "sim_det <first name> <last name>" that calls the same menu dialog on Sims that may not be on the current lot.

You also can call every sim's MCCC menu entering "MCCC <first name> <last name>" in the command line, even if the sim is not active or not on the current lot (because of work, school, rabbithole, etc.).

Alternatively there is the Show Sim Info mod by itasan which shows the output in an ingame window:
    https://modthesims.info/d/576053/show-search-sim-info-mod.html
    There is also a function to choose every sim in game no matter whether he is reachable or not in the current game situation. Click on a random sim, choose "Show Sim Info" from the pie menu and click on "Search Sims".
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Is there a way to change your Sims favorite drink? One of mine orders a pet drink for that. It is funny, but apparently leaves a bad aftertaste.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    I'm having an issue with setting lifestages. I have babies set to 14 days but they're aging up in 2 days. All other lifestages seem to be aging at their set rate. Does anyone know what could be causing this? How to fix it? I have the most recently updated MCCC and everything else is working fine. Thanks in advance :).
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    edited March 2021
    telemwill wrote: »
    Is there a way to change your Sims favorite drink? One of mine orders a pet drink for that. It is funny, but apparently leaves a bad aftertaste.

Yes.. click on the Sim, choose the MCCC menu, and you’ll find that option under MC CAS.
    Edit: not to be confused with the edit in CAS option
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    edited March 2021
    @SweetieWright_84 Disable “Use Random Aging” under Gameplay Settings. Since NPC babies count as generated Sims, if random aging is enabled, the game will add extra days to their ages, causing them to age up too soon.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    @SweetieWright_84 Disable “Use Random Aging” under Gameplay Settings. Since NPC babies count as generated Sims, if random aging is enabled, the game will add extra days to their ages, causing them to age up too soon.

Oh, ok. I'm sort of new to mods for this game so I didn't realize. Thanks so much for your help! :)
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel

Try this command from the Sim's MCCC menu:
    Sim:MCCC > MC CAS > Select Favorite Drink
    Opens a menu with drinks to choose from. This option is available for active Sims only.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »

Yes.. click on the Sim, choose the MCCC menu, and you’ll find that option under MC CAS.
    Edit: not to be confused with the edit in CAS option

Thank you! I didn't think of looking in Cas options.
  • larasophlarasoph Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey,

I'm new here.
    I have set autosave for my game, yesterday I created a new game and somehow the mcc overwritten my old game with the new data through the auto save. is there a possibility save my old game?
    I want my old score back, my old family :-(((
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 704 Member
    I downloaded the bew MCCC after the match update and now my sims are flirting despite having flirting disabled. How can I fix this?
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    Is there a reason the "Set Age" command would be missing from a sim? My sims's friend is an elder, and I want to make her an adult instead, but the command to do that isn't available.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
    edited March 2021
    larasoph wrote: »
    Hey,

I'm new here.
    I have set autosave for my game, yesterday I created a new game and somehow the mcc overwritten my old game with the new data through the auto save. is there a possibility save my old game?
    I want my old score back, my old family :-(((

Could you pease visit our MCCC discord server? It's easier to discuss this issue in a live chat.
    Use this invitiation: https://discord.gg/mccc

Minai wrote: »
    I downloaded the bew MCCC after the match update and now my sims are flirting despite having flirting disabled. How can I fix this?

Check whether these two settings are enabled in your game. They can be found on the computer MCCC menu.
    Computer:MCCC > MC Tuner > Change Interaction Autonomy > Autonomous Flirty
    Computer:MCCC > MC Tuner > Change Interaction Behavior > Stop Random Flirting

If these settings are already enabled, you should check your other mods (if you use any).
    An example for inferference would be KawaiiStacie's Slice of Life.

Is there a reason the "Set Age" command would be missing from a sim? My sims's friend is an elder, and I want to make her an adult instead, but the command to do that isn't available.

Try this settings from the sim's MCCC menu:
    Sim:MCCC > Sim Commands > Set Age
    You can choose any of the in game available life stages.
    These commands are available for active and inactive sims and NPC.
    If these commands don't appear in the given menu path, you should check your other mods (if you use any others) for interference.
  • nozomi832nozomi832 Posts: 2 New Member
    Help, I recently downloaded Plumbella's save file. I don't have all the expansions so some sims are appearing naked is there an easy way to make sure everyone is dress using MC dresser? I'm having to change them as I see them which is becoming so tedious...

If these commands don't appear in the given menu path, you should check your other mods (if you use any others) for interference.

Sorry, I should have been clearer in my original post. The command you listed is the one that's missing for some reason. I go into sim commands on the elderly sim and the option to set her age isn't there. All of the other commands seem to be present, though. Is there a reason this might be happening?
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner

Sorry, I should have been clearer in my original post. The command you listed is the one that's missing for some reason. I go into sim commands on the elderly sim and the option to set her age isn't there. All of the other commands seem to be present, though. Is there a reason this might be happening?

I checked it in my game and the set age command is available on every sim.

As I wrote in my post above, the only reason I can think of is interference with another mod which uses the same script resources than MCCC.

If you use other mods together with MCCC, you might try to run a test game with MCCC only to check out what happens in that situation.

Make a backup of your game date before you start the tests to have a fallback option in case something goes wrong. Backups are always a good idea, even without a particular reason.
    nozomi832 wrote: »
    Help, I recently downloaded Plumbella's save file. I don't have all the expansions so some sims are appearing naked is there an easy way to make sure everyone is dress using MC dresser? I'm having to change them as I see them which is becoming so tedious...

I'm not sure whether I got you, but as far as I understood your question, you're asking for some sort of auto-correcting function regarding missing clothing, right? There is no function like this in MCCC. There are options with the black/white listing function to replace unwanted outfit with preferred clothings, but to make this option work, you have to define your blacklist items first. But without the respective expansions you can't define those items to get a suitable black list.

As I wrote in my post above, the only reason I can think of is interference with another mod which uses the same script resources than MCCC.

If you use other mods together with MCCC, you might try to run a test game with MCCC only to check out what happens in that situation.

Make a backup of your game date before you start the tests to have a fallback option in case something goes wrong. Backups are always a good idea, even without a particular reason.

Could it be because the sim is apparently pregnant? The pregnancy is listed as paused, but there's no option to unpause it, and she's supposedly been pregnant since she was a young adult. I'm not even sure it's a real pregnancy, but maybe that's why the option doesn't come up?
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner

Could it be because the sim is apparently pregnant? The pregnancy is listed as paused, but there's no option to unpause it, and she's supposedly been pregnant since she was a young adult. I'm not even sure it's a real pregnancy, but maybe that's why the option doesn't come up?

Could be the reason. I've never heard of this so far, but I will ask @Deaderpool (MCCC creator), whether this is possible.

Could be the reason. I've never heard of this so far, but I will ask @Deaderpool (MCCC creator), whether this is possible.

It was because she was pregnant. I ended the pregnancy for the elderly sim and was able to set her age again.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • nozomi832nozomi832 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Bonxie said:
    > I'm not sure whether I got you, but as far as I understood your question, you're asking for some sort of auto-correcting function regarding missing clothing, right? There is no function like this in MCCC. There are options with the black/white listing function to replace unwanted outfit with preferred clothings, but to make this option work, you have to define your blacklist items first. But without the respective expansions you can't define those items to get a suitable black list.

Thank you for the reply, I've just gone into every household and manually adjusted the clothes for every household... it was a lot :dizzy:
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited March 2021
    I can't figure out how to get my sims to inherit their parents' eyes without changing them myself.
    Dad has green eyes
    TucGN98.png

Mom has silver/sky blue eyes
    DY9Ftqr.png

Their son has dark blue eyes
    Wozt2aB.png

Their daughter actually had a different color green to her dad before I changed them. Didn't take the original pic
    8V6bvtl.png

How do I get it so my offspring actually inherit their parents' eyes so I won't have to edit them myself?
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Hi,

Can anyone direct me to a really in depth tutorial or youtube video about this mod as I keep downloading other mods apart from MCCC then find out I could have achieved the same thing with this mod-)
  • ZendraZendra Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi!
    I hope someone here can help me with this. When updating my MC Command center I somehow {stupidly} lost my settings. I had to do them all over again.

I have tons of Sims in my game that I created to fill the world but I do not play them. Since redoing my settings for MC Command Center none of these Sims get married to other Sims. All of the Sims that the game creates are getting married but the Sims that I made do not. They are not marked as "played" Sims and I have the settings in MC Command Center set to NOT bypass played households.

Could someone give me a list to check against my settings to fix this?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me. This is driving me crazy lol !!
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    @Zendra, what I would do is check your trash can just in case it's in there. If it is, I would remove the new settings that generated, restore the old one and delete the new one. If not, I don't know.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top