Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i didn't forget the baby pic i forgot theodd hospital rule. have a baby then go directly back home.
  • JamesSims528JamesSims528 Posts: 151 Member
    i didn't forget the baby pic i forgot theodd hospital rule. have a baby then go directly back home.

It is a bit of an odd rule, isn't it? I feel like there should at least be some sort of check up but no, just go straight home.
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,768 Member
    edited March 2021
    Since a lot of folks are posting chapter updates/new story updates here, I figure I may as well: I've just started an Arcane Academy Challenge for TS4; all my other challenges involved aliens so I figured I'd do one involving a different occult.

I feel like I ought to do a longer challenge sometime like a good old Legacy, but I have a habit of being obsessed with a challenge for a few months and then immediately deciding I don't want to do it anymore : P
    What challenges is everyone else doing, if any?
    they/them or she/her
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    NoWindows wrote: »
    NoWindows wrote: »
    [casually writes self into a corner]

That's my plan for the weekend too. I'm finally getting close to catching up with my gameplay.

By "writing myself into a corner" I mean "I did this writing thing and now I have no idea where to go from here" because what can I do after teasing a storyline that I can't actually figure out how to create in game?

I always feel it's ok to handle some plot elements through text only. Not everything needs to be illustrated. Events can be told through letters, journals, stories told to others, memory, and so on. Sometimes, a time lapse can help with this, too.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    I found some yet unused Vee is for Vortex Screenshots I made in 2019 lol. The last chapter I published is from 2017. Honestly thinking about getting back to it now. Writing this chapter should be funny since I have no idea what actually happened in my game in 2019 so I just kind of have to wing it from the pictures.

I already made a new banner though, I'm really excited haha.

This sounds exciting! I've seen some neat stories that have been created this way!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    edited March 2021
    Okay so, I was reading something and got quite curious. The quote is from the Guide to Making Super Sims by Carls Sims 4 guide and it states:
    The devs have this strange disconnect with players by adding such a cool secret trait that boosts whims when hardly anyone uses whims. Anyway, it's not even a contender because I don't care about Whims. Do you?

The quote is in reference to the trait that Father Winter's babies may get and it really shocked me because I have NEVER played without whims in my game. I never even considered it but he states it in a way that seems as if NO ONE uses whims. So what I'm asking you lovely simmers is this:

Do you play your games without whims turned on? Or are you like me and have never considered not using them? Perhaps you use them in some and not others? I'd love to get your thoughts and opinions on this! ^-^)
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited March 2021
    @AnnoyingTiger: the comment about whims from Carl caught me off-guard because he hosts challenges on his forum and plenty of them have a whim-based component. Not offended, just got my world shook upside down about someone I thought I knew well. :pensive: I keep them on too even for my pure storytelling saves (too much work to turn them on and off).
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    I use whims sometimes but I don't put a lot of focus on them. Sometimes I try to complete a bunch of them in a row when I need the aspiration points for a youth potion or something. But they mostly get completed by accident.
    @AnnoyingTiger I usually play without whims most of the time, unless I need to gain a bunch of points for a reward anyway. Maybe I should start playing with them turned on.
    they/them or she/her
  • NoWindowsNoWindows Posts: 162 Member
    I hardly use reward points because I created an unlock system for its rewards, but sometimes I'll complete a whim for the heck of it.
    Call me AC1. It won't let me change my name!

Read Watercolor Whimsy here!
    edited March 2021
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    How's everyone today?

well beverly. rylans mom couldn't keep her secret. i was going to post aydens update which is just a pic and qouldn't wait half a hour so i lodt progress not saving.
    Post edited by friendsfan367 on
    How's everyone today?

Doing well! Just built the house for the start of my challenge, just baking some cookies now! I need to try and pace myself with writing; back when I did my last stories it was daily updates X_X will probably aim for weekly or twice a week.

they/them or she/her
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,749 Member
    edited March 2021
    How's everyone today?

I'm about to go over to the bouncy castle thread (which people have forgotten about) to ask a interesting question which ties into the chapter I'm working on question but ties into the last chapter as well.

@CathyTea I guess you haven't looked at my updated Swanson Legacy my 4th version of it yet? Since I was wondering on the Kidness bench what you thought about the villians in my SimLit

Like in my last chapter the current chapter will I have the implications of a person being followed around by an employee but in this case unlike in the first, the employees in the two stores I will show, will be black and the person (Elliot) is white. but its in like hip-hop stores or something. I look at my picture for 2 chapters down the line, and I think I have the idea I could get Elliot to convince the one black employee in one of the two stores to get onto his side as well.
    6adMCGP.gif
    I've been doing well, too. The Interlude has been posted to my blog. As usual, there's quite a bit of drama happening in the life of the Nightblaze family.

i just read chapter 1 this week, i now know 2 things 1 its not about vampires. theres a story here in the lounge that has a simmaler title that is. and i know why people talk about it so much. unlike other blogger stories i was able to use my user name. for everything but follow but you link them here anyway so not a problem.
  • CreeativeSimmingCreeativeSimming Posts: 62 Member
    @AnnoyingTiger Totally forgot that whims are something you can toggle on or off. I've always played with them on because I've done challenges that require them on. Though my main focus isn't on it, unless I need to use it for making story driven decisions for my character.
    I did have the Father Winter's Baby trait and TBH, it didn't make the reward gain any more than it normally is since I get whims autonomously without paying attention.

As for my day, it's been good. Did some writing and got a couple days worth of chapters queued up. But I'm still not caught up with gameplay yet, so I'm trying to refrain from playing as much.
    Check out my Simlit: Little Legacy

Banner_small.png

Forum Thread
    @AnnoyingTiger Totally forgot that whims are something you can toggle on or off. I've always played with them on because I've done challenges that require them on. Though my main focus isn't on it, unless I need to use it for making story driven decisions for my character.
    I did have the Father Winter's Baby trait and TBH, it didn't make the reward gain any more than it normally is since I get whims autonomously without paying attention.

As for my day, it's been good. Did some writing and got a couple days worth of chapters queued up. But I'm still not caught up with gameplay yet, so I'm trying to refrain from playing as much.

I had caught up with the current family . but have to write out of order now cause a differnt house couldn't wait half a hour. now my posts will be slightly off.
    So what do people think of my thoughts of getting the one black employee to get over on Elliot side, when the One Black Person tries to do something he (the black person) normally has to deal with?
    6adMCGP.gif
    MadameLee wrote: »
    How's everyone today?

I'm about to go over to the bouncy castle thread (which people have forgotten about) to ask a interesting question which ties into the chapter I'm working on question but ties into the last chapter as well.

@CathyTea I guess you haven't looked at my updated Swanson Legacy my 4th version of it yet? Since I was wondering on the Kidness bench what you thought about the villians in my SimLit

Like in my last chapter the current chapter will I have the implications of a person being followed around by an employee but in this case unlike in the first, the employees in the two stores I will show, will be black and the person (Elliot) is white. but its in like hip-hop stores or something. I look at my picture for 2 chapters down the line, and I think I have the idea I could get Elliot to convince the one black employee in one of the two stores to get onto his side as well.

Hi, @MadameLee ! I saw your question--I'll pop over there and reply. I am not sure if I've checked out your fourth version yet... I'll write about your villains in the other versions, though!

edited March 2021
    CathyTea wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »
    How's everyone today?

Hi, @MadameLee ! I saw your question--I'll pop over there and reply. I am not sure if I've checked out your fourth version yet... I'll write about your villains in the other versions, though!

that's fine if you use villains from my first three versions! I'm on Gen 4 chapter 4.5 (not up yet have to take more pictures tomorrow) of my 4th version of the story. Since I'm going to bed right now I can check-in tomorrow to see what you have said.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    @InfraGreen
    Yeah, I feel the same way :/ It was quite a shock to me. I mean, even if you don't use them, they don't really get in the way, so I don't get turning them off personally.

@Julyvee94
    I'm the same, I usually don't focus too much on them unless I'm doing the baby challenge because she needs potions lol

@SnowBnuuy
    It could be a fun challenge for yourself, just to see the other side of the coin, you know? c:

@NoWindows
    An unlock system? That sounds pretty cool!

@CreeativeSimming
    Mhm, I forgot about the option, as well, unless I read the article. I see, I'm on the fence about which supernatural trait to get for the super sim. What's strange is the fact that you need the points to get the unlocked traits, so wouldn't it be advised to use the trait that bumps up whims which give you points? Or is there another way to get points aside from whims? Oh, well, I guess there's aspirations, hmm
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
    edited March 2021
    anyone have any ideas how I could dress my first-ever Villain priest-in training for my "bad" religion? I know there's pirate costume for Captain Hook. And I can think of how to dress him n a Gaston-style (red shirt)+(?). I think I could find for a formal outfit with I think "brushes" things for a formal outfit (Prince Hans). Any suggestion for a villain-style party outfit?
    6adMCGP.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top