Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bust the Dust Kit complaints

Comments

• Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    logion wrote: »
    The sims team added the Jungle Adventure items to things that the dust bunnies could find... so day 2 James Turner got 30000 simoleons...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkhGQ-vEIVU

That does sound a little broken.

@logion How did EA not notice this happening?

Maybe some teams at Maxis are not that great at balancing their packs, maybe they are lacking gameplay designers...

Yeah, I reeeally want them to focus more on making this feel like a proper game with The Sims 5. The Sims 4 is so badly balanced and poorly tuned in many instances.
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 277 Member
    My sim went to her friends filthy house and the tense moodlet stuck around even when they were outside, away from the house. It shouldn't stick around when sims aren't in the room.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    My sim went to her friends filthy house and the tense moodlet stuck around even when they were outside, away from the house. It shouldn't stick around when sims aren't in the room.

Poor thing was traumatized lol
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Bought the pack and on the whole it's going well.

My retail lot gets nice and dusty and I can ask the staff to help me clean it.

My tiny house only seems to generate dust in one room, for some bizarre reason, but my larger houses get dusty all over as one might expect.

I also have a haunted house with the gremlins and filthy trait, and my goodness did it get to a disastrous state quickly. Unfortunately I forgot that leaving the lot resets your cleanliness level, so I undid all my good work there at a very inopportune time. Lost all my dust bunny friends.

Where I have stalled out is on the Perfectly Pristine aspiration, which I'm doing on the sim who lives in the tiny house.

I've gotten his house to clean, he's got the moodlet - he even got the special "extra vacuuming" moodlet - but I haven't been able to show off my clean house to a guest, as required in the aspiration. Has anyone successfully done this?

Leaving the house resets the cleanliness? So if I travel with a Sim to work or to visit someone and then come home, it'll revert back to like a neutral state?

It hasn't happened to me... my sim is in an active career and i always follow her at work. When we're back home the house usually is in the state i left it, either pristine, clean, dirty or filthy.
  • KoveeKovee Posts: 880 Member
    They need to add the ability to call Dust busters will at a community lot that there only thoughts are get rid of dust.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    It hasn't happened to me... my sim is in an active career and i always follow her at work. When we're back home the house usually is in the state i left it, either pristine, clean, dirty or filthy.
    Mine is always fine too.

I'm also not seeing any autonomous hoovering either.

Funny how it behaves differently in different people's games.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    The sims team added the Jungle Adventure items to things that the dust bunnies could find... so day 2 James Turner got 30000 simoleons...

Lack of testing. I kind of feel like they don't test anything before releasing it.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Mine is always fine too.

I wish it behaved differently according to the sims traits, like Simguruninja said it would. My lazy, slob, freegan, had to have the vacuum locked away because she would stop watching tv to go vacuum a clean floor.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited March 2021
    CelSims wrote: »
    Mine is always fine too.

I wish it behaved differently according to the sims traits, like Simguruninja said it would. My lazy, slob, freegan, had to have the vacuum locked away because she would stop watching tv to go vacuum a clean floor.

Why would a SimGuru claim otherwise though? Maybe it was intended and programmed to work that way but it simply doesn't work for some reason, maybe a bug or bad coding? Or maybe they never even programmed it to work with traits which I doubt but I don't get why this doesn't work in some people's games.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited March 2021
    Sharonia wrote: »

Lack of testing. I kind of feel like they don't test anything before releasing it.

They should probably do more testing and have more dialogue back and forth, I also think more game designers could probably help as well...

Some packs feel better made than others and I think it could be because they have more people assigned to them that not only checks so the pack works, but also so it works well. They probably need a lot of people that can make sure that everything is working as intended and is also balanced properly, which probably requires them to go back and forth to make sure the python coding works.

I was never a huge fan of kits to begin with, and with this it feels like Maxis don't have enough people to make EPs, GPs, SPs and Kits at the same time, not without bugs or balancing issues anyway.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    Mine is always fine too.

Why would a SimGuru claim otherwise though? Maybe it was intended and programmed to work that way but it simply doesn't work for some reason, maybe a bug or bad coding? Or maybe they never even programmed it to work with traits which I doubt but I don't get why this doesn't work in some people's games.

I have to assume that it is intended to work differently with different traits or that would mean the SimGuru was misinformed or deliberately misleading. With the bugs being noted and lack of traits effecting autonomy, I feel this pack didn't have nearly enough testing before release.
    Sadly I’ve had to turn off the effects of the Bust the Dust kit. It’s just so glitchy. My sims house was forever dirty in appearance despite it telling me that it was sparkling clean. I’m actually so disappointed in it right now. I love having chores for my sims and was rather looking forward to this kit. :(
    Sadly I’ve had to turn off the effects of the Bust the Dust kit. It’s just so glitchy. My sims house was forever dirty in appearance despite it telling me that it was sparkling clean. I’m actually so disappointed in it right now. I love having chores for my sims and was rather looking forward to this kit. :(

It was doing that for one of my houses, showing clean when you check the dust level but had the appearance of filth.

I changed households, exited the game, and when I came back it was back to normal. Shouldn’t have to do that though.
    I downloaded many mods to address most of my concerns (shoutout to Zer0), but I really feel for the console players who don’t have that luxury.
    Chazzzy wrote: »

It was doing that for one of my houses, showing clean when you check the dust level but had the appearance of filth.

I changed households, exited the game, and when I came back it was back to normal. Shouldn’t have to do that though.

I’ve removed some mods and turned it back. Hopefully it will be okay now. I really don’t want to turn of this feature.
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    I'm wondering if some of the problems are coming from the lot types? I removed the tiny home lot type (albeit I had a modded version,though I have read that haunted lot types are having trouble too.) and things have improved. I am not losing befriended dust bunnies like I was and so far the floor is staying as it was on lot reload and coming out of build mode.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Sandygurl4uSandygurl4u Posts: 88 Member
    The dusty bunnies randomly popping up are beyond annoying. My sims have pets and I suspect that it's because he has 2 dogs why his house will NEVER be clean. Hopefully turning it off will be OK. Too bad though, I did enjoy seeing my sims vacuuming. BUT having them vacuum for the 5th time in a row, loses its luster- pun intended.
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    edited March 2021
    The dusty bunnies randomly popping up are beyond annoying. My sims have pets and I suspect that it's because he has 2 dogs why his house will NEVER be clean. Hopefully turning it off will be OK. Too bad though, I did enjoy seeing my sims vacuuming. BUT having them vacuum for the 5th time in a row, loses its luster- pun intended.
    I did what someone here suggested and put my vacuum in a tiny room with no door. My sims try to use it but so far haven't been able too and I drag it into a sims inventory in the morning, let them vacuum then drag it back into the doorless room, so far things have been tolerable.

Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    It's sounding more and more like "bust the bugs" kit......
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    My current household has a roomba on each floor and a butler with a vacuum. Dust bunnies do not get the chance to spawn.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Community lots should be exempt. Seeing sims whip out vacuums on the dance floor is so not right!
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited March 2021
    That sounds funny though.
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Community lots should be exempt. Seeing sims whip out vacuums on the dance floor is so not right!

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    edited March 2021
    Has anyone seen a mod to stop the annoyingly repetitive 'ooh this room smells so fresh' baloney?

I have looked through LittleMissSam's and Zero's lovely dust mods but cannot see anything.

Edit: never mind, I obviously need glasses lol. It is Zero's 'No Route Events' :)
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited March 2021
    Mine is always fine too.

It could be that it somehow interferes or uses the same code as mods that are already in the game as nobody was told to remove mods before adding the kits and Maxis would not take external mods into consideration would they?
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Yeah, the pack is slowly ticking me off the more I play around with it. I am going to disable it because I feel I shouldn't need tuning mods in order to play around with a five dollar pack. That's something usually reserved for larger packs. And I already use a lot of tuning mods, so adding more to use a couple of new objects feels like a huge waste of my time. Plus the fact a Sim can clean every room while standing in one place......not at all what I expected to see. There are more animations in Laundry Day that make that pack worthwhile. I know Bust The Dust was only five bucks, but I did expect a bit more from it. Those sparkles are sooo annoying. And those dust bunnies? Creepy is all I can say about those. The pack feels unbalanced with too much emphasis being placed on the new buffs, and our Sims being obsessed with cleaning ALL the time. Just a word of caution....don't buy a Hoover for Sims living in Sulani. Mine want to vacuum the beach at least twice per Sim day.