Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What sized homes do you prefer?

Comments

• MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Two story
    Houses more than two stories tall are too much for me to furnish and mantain lol (Especially if its a 4 story on a 64x64 lot...dear god.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    Other:
    I like my houses to be just big enough for the household. I don't like it too cramped or to spacious. I like it just right, just like Goldilocks :).
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    One story
    I prefer one story, it's nice to have everything in one place. :) Ironically, my favourite pre-made home is a two story one. xD
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    One story
    I build several different ways but always on one floor, with one exception, I love lofts! The reason I don't like 2+ stories is the stupid bounce the camera does. I spend most of my time trying to find a camera angle that holds still. :s

My one story house is usually put on a minimum sized lot, 30x20. I normally build a small one story for one sim. Then down the line when the sim gets married/moves in boyfriend, and the babies start, that's when I build out, not up. Mostly if I want a second floor I will build basements. Oh and I love the rambling ranch style.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • LaxPhoenixLaxPhoenix Posts: 13 New Member
    Other:
    I always play in tiny homes, or 20x15 homes, partially because I'm not very good at decoration, and partially because I almost always start a new family every time I play.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Two story
    I mostly prefer small homes, but checked 2 stories because I find two story houses more interesting to build and equip. Als - it might be fine sending some sims upstairs to get them "out of the way". Lately I've been playing several nobility homes, meaning 3 stories on the biggest lots, so I guess I enjoy a mix of small and huge, lol. Floorplan is key though, just like I dislike rooms without a purpose.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • cat_momcat_mom Posts: 36 Member
    One story
    My preference is either a 1 or 2 storey home with at least 2 full baths on each floor. I like the house small to medium size with a cozy feel to it. And the smaller size makes game play much easier.
  • AquariusMomAquariusMom Posts: 229 Member
    Two story
    As far as building and decorating, I love big, over-the-top homes. For playing, I sort of prefer something more basic with only a simple floor or two, depending on the lot size. They're easier to keep track of and manage the less sprawling home they have to roam find distractions.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,571 Member
    Two story
    Two story are nice because I don't need as much spread out floor space. I leave all of the entertainment on the first floor so upstairs will have bedrooms and a bath and maybe a chair or two. I like my sims to hang out together.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Two story
    The size home my Sims move into depends on the storyline. I use all sizes, often starting with a small or tiny inexpensive home with a single Sim. They work hard to buy the next level up depending on their needs as their family grows. I enjoy playing in all types of homes depending on the Sims personality and preferences. I like building and tend to build homes I see in real life or have lived in. I have built larger homes but don't usually play in larger homes for all the reasons others have mentioned. I usually have a basement and sometimes an attic in homes I build as most homes where I live have basements and attics and it is what I grew up with. I like a decent yard for the children and pets have room to play but often start my builds on small lots so they can be placed almost anywhere if I decide my Sims want a garden, pool, etc.
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    One story
    I prefer one story builds because it’s easy to keep track of where my sims are. Rarely do I use two stories and that’s when I need to add a basement to the one story.
  • Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    Three Story
    I chose 3 storey before seeing the option for other :/

Typically 5 storey 64x64 mansions are my thing. The bigger the better
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    One story
    I hardly ever play a family and if I do its just one kid. One story is all I need, and it needs a lot big enough to expand if needed (20x15 is good for my tiny homes, but 30x20 is great to expand with).
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    Two story
    I prefer two-story houses with a basement when they get enough money.

However, in the beginning, I prefer single-story.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    Two story
    I usually like two story houses, not so small but no so big, with enough space for objects and the sims to walk around, but without being too big and having empty space or too small without space
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    One story
    My very favorite are large, simple one-story houses. They’re easiest to play in. I usually dislike tiny two-story houses.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Two story
    I usually play families so two stories are often necessary for the number of bedrooms, given the size of most lots. Three story houses are a little too big, and take too long for sims to get around in.
  • GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022
    Other:

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Two story
    Now with bust the dust i'll add a basement to my sims' home. I'll use it for storage and keep it dusty with a yearly clean up maybe :)
  • MarinuttonenMarinuttonen Posts: 165 Member
    Apartments
    The tinier the better! If it doesn't cause routing issues I'm not playing in it!
    Where are the pet bunnies, Sims 4 ?! :'(
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    Two story
    Most of my Sims live in two storey houses but I do like my elderly Sims to live in bungalows or chalet bungalows as they tend to do in real life. I have been adding laundry basements and attic rooms with those new ladders recently too.

I suppose I should have clicked Other! :o:D
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    Three Story
    The main house I play in is for my legacy family. It's the "Dresden" house in Windenburg but with a lot of changes. More columns and a *huge* basement that has room for all the activities that my Sims can think of. There's a big room that is for collecting but also has several cauldrons and a séance table. There's also a big indoor swimming pool with things like hot tubs and saunas adjoining it, as well as a place for deep soaks and massages. Then there is the "experimental kitchen" (which they rarely use and is kept locked except for special occasions) that has the special stove and all sorts of things like the cupcake maker, ice cream maker, popcorn maker and the like. Then there is the "maker" room that has all sorts of skill building things like woodworking tables, archeology tables, science skill building tables (for kids), the various skill building things for doctors and scientists and the eco lifestyle things (fabricator, recycler and candlemaking.) I also have an art room with loads of art tables and easels. (That room also has guitars, violins, doctor kits, the dollhouse and toddler blocks. I have those in the bedrooms too so that they're always close to where they might be needed.) The main room is more the "entertainment" room with the piano, pipe organ, fancy bar, dance area, etc.

But if I'm not playing my legacy family I generally play a tiny home or smaller house (because of funds.) Most of the houses I've put on the gallery are tiny homes or big houses (such as my penthouse, which is meant for giving huge parties and is now my San Myshuno vacation home for my legacy family.)

I think part of the reason I like big houses is that I remember all the routing problems that the smaller houses had in TS1, TS2 and TS3! While TS4 really doesn't have much of a routing problem, I still feel more comfortable with plenty of empty space for my Sims to get around in!
  • msmunkiemsmunkie Posts: 36 Member
    Two story
    I like to see everything and everyone at once, but I usually shove them upstairs for sleeping. I have macros on my mouse to switch between floors just in case my build is taller.
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    Other:
    Funds and family size always determine it. In question, I want a lifetime home that is one story, why take stairs when you're older, that's sabotage. But it never pans out this way in game.