Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• KanindotaKanindota Posts: 101 Member
    edited March 2021
    Day 63
    ZVRzhdG.jpg

Meet my familiar, Drogon. I met him while I fixed up the fireplace, zero combustibility here. While I was fixing it up, I could feel this pull towards this purple glass orb. When I touched it, it asked me for my name and what name he should answer to. Drogon, your name is Drogon. Also, good news! Dirk, with zero to minimal supervision, is getting better and better at cooking...The perks of being dead: fearlessness.

Notes
    Handiness, Cooking are at a 10 for River and since having Dirk in this household, Dirk maxed Programming now too. For ages, I didn’t realise how to train magic. With many mods comes many more pop-up social options and missed the Magic social tree thing, eventually I have and they’re both progressing in magic, school/job and life. For now. I’ve turned on aging there’s like 51 days left til River ages up, just to have some progression in terms of the babies that are born (I have a side note to that later) and I’ll figure what that means for aging up the rest of the Sims in my Save. But yeah short and sweet today.
    Post edited by Kanindota on
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    @Kanindota - Love that photo with the flying familiar! hehehe! Looks like it's coming right at me! Eeek!
    @Karababy52 - March Day 3 - Love all the photos in this. And some of the shots, like her eyes when Simeon gives Essa "the sight" - that is pretty cool. Love the dress that Essa is wearing. And she becomes a spellcaster, and then the shoe drops
    Simeon is her father? What? Oh my gosh! Here we go with a fabulous backstory, I can tell. :)
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited March 2021
    Ok, I'm in the zone, having one of those days that if I don't stop, I can keep my energy up and be productive, so I'm gonna power through some comments before I crash LOL.

---

@Kanindota
    Cute familiar! I don't know anything about this pack, so I look forward to seeing all of you guys post about it! I enjoyed the comment about Dirk becoming more fearless in death, haha, can't die twice after all. Also I hope you got the poses to work out! If you need any more help, you can always ask :)

@AnnoyingTiger
    It looks like you are having fun with the Bust the Dust kit! I'm holding off on kit buying for now - saving up my money to buy the many packs I still don't own haha, but I enjoy seeing other people play with the new stuff! That's so funny that the dust bunnies can give you food, kind of gross, but I love it! Also the budding romance with Duane and Astrid is quite cute :)

OH NO, NOT PUMPKIN!!! I hope she comes home soon. It's always so sad when pets run away in the game even though you know they'll come back.

@Karababy52
    Totally gorgeous shots of the portal! Your computer has a sharpness I will never be able to achieve on my laptop and your screenshots are always so much fun to look at. AND OMG, what a great twist, to have Simeon be her father! I love it! I wonder why he didn't tell her sooner, but I'm about to go read your other update so I shall see if my questions get answered...

Aw, I love family mushiness <3 That was really heart warming to read. Poor Essa has been so lost and confused her whole life, and didn't even know her real age! (Also I love that you made her birthday actually April 1st, nice nod to the official age up of the challenge ;) ) I'm excited to see some nice father/daughter bonding moments in the future between these two. I have to wonder now what her mother's crime was and if she's still out there and will interact with Essa at some point in the future - perhaps even this month? I guess I'll just have to wait and see :)

I'm sure you'll be able to make it all work out with Damon, and even if she's not on good terms with him, I'm sure he can still turn her into a vampire hahahaha, that sneaky boy...It's funny to look back on decisions we made in the moment for this challenge and wish we could go back and edit lol. Maybe Damon has an evil twin...or a good twin haha ;)

Also, to answer your question about that painting - I think it's just one from the game, but there's a chance I have a mod installed that adds some variety to the paintings, I vaguely feel like I had something like that installed at one point, but I can't remember :D My mods folder is a hot mess lol...but as far as I know, it's one that comes with the game, though I'm not sure I've seen that one before. Rose has painted A TON of photos so usually I recognize them because I've painted so many with her.

Jules has several more updates of ignoring the world before I make her face reality lol...it's such a difference playing her this month than last month, but I'm enjoying the change of pace. I will say it's kind of funny how often people from her life call her wanting to do stuff with her or just randomly show up on her doorstep lol...and I just have to ignore it all for now :D
    Whoops, I hit comment before I meant to, still have two more of you to comment on...

---

@Ellupelluellu
    I am loving the way you've given all our sims makeovers to make them different occults! You're making me want to play Essa and Jules as best vampire friends now lol. Also River and Roxanne are super hot together! And I do love that you picked the two blued haired sims to be together, and spellcasting suits them :) Very excited to see Melody interact with them/see them pop up in the background.

@Skeilah
    Now Bryon is starting to get somewhere, merging your two stories together with the help of Gabbie. That was a great idea, to have her be the bridge between the main story and the behind the scenes. Super cool that their friendship took off so easily too! And finding Roxanne seems like a great place to start, though with her living as voiceless cat, that may prove to be difficult, though I'm sure you have a plan :) I love the picture of Johnny with his wand, what a cute little dork.

Poor Beatrix is so distracted. She's confused since she had no idea she was a spellcaster, and now dealing with moody Jess...of course she'd be unfocused and do some accidental magic with her wand. It reminds me of Ron in Harry Potter trying to use his broken wand in book 2 lol. Poor Jess, she just wants to be a star student and feels like she's not special. I hope she enjoys all the non magical things she can end up learning. I'm looking forward your update tomorrow since I know the behind scenes stuff will feature all my favorite sims :)
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    March 4
    a26RVVJ.png
    I gotta admit I love to use these spells and potions in ways that almost seem cheaty, but it's part of my fun. Right now Roxanne is using Repairio on her potions to get them to excellent quality (saving in between in case they go poof). Then she'll just collect them until she learns the Copypasto spell to make duplicates. That way she really never has to get the ingredients. Probably the only potions she will bother brewing will be potions of Plentiful Needs, until she can Copypasto enough of them. She's only high enough to get one perk so I got discharge, but I'll get the one that makes it so she doesn't fail at casting as soon as it's available.
    I feel like I lost some pictures somewhere, but I've been playing with the other pack (bust the dust) in another save so who knows?
    Either way I have a few from that day!
    hbQibc9.png
    Nester was called to visit so that Archie could "Dad" him.
    UVu0XDN.png
    Roxanne's minions at work for her!
    1BNHQ5S.png
    Jules stealing the spotlight... again!
    I have to get back to ya'll on comments. I did read everything and gave you all awesomes but my eyes are hurting from playing too much lately .. it's a thing for me. I'll squash them all into comments tomorrow!

egTcBMc.png
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Skeilah
    Interesting how that happens sometimes, certain Sims just seem destined to be the best of friends without any interference from us. Love that! I hope they stay friends too, because you know eventually Bryon will find out she's been working with Isaius. He's too smart not to figure it out. Gabbie will slip with something and that's all she wrote.

@permanentrose
    Looks like Jules had a nice hike with Lydia and Mochi. Mochi looked so cute covered in snow from it being too deep. I am SO glad Jules confided in Lydia! As your title says, she needs someone in her corner to help her get through this. Glad she suggested Jules see a Doctor too.

Thanks about my screenshots! To be fair, I tweak most of them in photoshop. Not a lot, but sometimes they need it. For instance, some of the screenshots in HQ in the plant room had a VERY green cast to them from the lighting. I didn't notice it until after I'd taken the screenshots. So I did my best to get rid of as much green as I could. However, I rarely touch outdoor screenshots, they usually don't need it. There's just something about the lighting inside buildings that goes wonky a lot of the time; too dark, too bright, too yellow, or orange. It's just weird. :D

I don't know why he didn't tell her sooner. Perhaps he wanted to see if she would come to the Realm on her own and remember anything first. She was only 2 years old when her Mother took her and left, so she doesn't remember much. Maybe he wanted to take things a little slower with the reveal so she wouldn't be freaked out about it? *shrugs* Oh gosh, I love all the family mushiness too! I got a bit teared up myself when Simeon was singing that song to her. And when Essa was talking about how she wanted to fly away to live among the stars. Well, it made me think that maybe deep down, she did remember her home and how she was loved there and that's why watching the stars was such a comfort to her. Plus, the Realm really IS floating in the sky, among the stars.

I really haven't thought much about her Mother and if she'll ever try to return to the Realm. She's been banned, so I don't think the Portal would let her go there anyway. But, I suppose she could somehow find out where Essa is living and show up there. We'll see. I'd really like to keep the past in the past, though I know it has a tendency to come back and bite us in the butt sometimes. Essa needs to move forward instead of looking back now. Having her Mother show up would cause lots of drama I suppose, but meh. Unlike the majority of Simmers, I like to give my Sims happy lives instead of always full of drama and heartache. I get enough of that in real life. I know everybody loves to read that stuff though so I end up adding drama anyway. :D Poor Essa has so much more coming for her before the year is through. I might just let her be happy for awhile. :)

Yeah, the situation with Damon will all work out one way or the other in the near future. I highly doubt though I'd ever have him turn her against her will, but who knows! I've written lots of stuff I never thought I would for this challenge, could happen I guess. We'll just have to see how it goes. ;)

Ah, okay, so it might be an in-game painting. I haven't had a painter Sim in a few months, though I did have many of them in the past and I've never seen that one. It could've come with an update though. Oh gosh, it's tough ignoring them isn't it? At least it is for me when Josh comes around or calls. Sometimes I give in and let them be together for awhile, just to keep the relationship status up for the future. And, of course because I love the guy and enjoy playing with him. ;)

@AnnoyingTiger
    Thank you! Love her house! :) Very true! I have some ideas to help them find that happiness again. I'm thinking though that Damon will always be in love with her. Once you love someone, it usually never goes away. Yes, Simeon is Essa's Father. He'll tell the story of his time with Essa's Mother, Sarah, in full at some point, or I might just let it go and imply Essa knows the whole story now and just move on. I don't know. We'll see...

Looks like Astrid had a very full day. Love how she befriended a dust bunny! Those things are really cute and beneficial, always finding stuff. Is Pumpkin afraid of the vacuum in that one screenshot? Love that she went to the Flea Market with Duane and used a yard sale table. Did anyone buy her stuff? Oh my, did she invite Duane to spend the night or something?

What!? Dust Bunnies can 'find' food for Sims too? o.O Not sure I'd want to eat it though. Ewww! *turns green* Oh she has two dust bunnies now! What the heck Pumpkin? Why would she run away? :( Oh cool, finished another milestone, nice! Aww, Duane invited her to his house again and they had their first kiss! Yay! \o/ Victor invited her to Humor and HiJinks Festival, interesting. Glad Duane was there too! Was she casting a spell on that painting? Another great day for her, well except for Pumpkin running away. Did she ever come back?

@Kanindota
    Very cool he found the Dragon familiar! I think that one is one of the most valuable. I've read it's pretty cheeky with the comments on Sims Spellcaster skills. :D Glad you got the progression sorted out. Nice that Dirk is still progressing in his life too, or his unlife? :D:D What's this about babies for River? O.O Very interesting! I wonder who will be the lucky one to be his Baby Mama, when it will happen and what they'll have. Might've been short, but it was packed with progress. :)

@SoulGal7
    I thought how Essa's eyes glowed with the 'sight' was very cool, I've never seen that before. I'm sure it's happened, I just never noticed. Love that outfit too. I probably use it more than I should for my female Spellcasters, but it's so pretty! Yes, Simeon is her Father and there will be a backstory about that, maybe. I mean there is one, but I might not post about it. Might just imply he's told Essa everything and move on. We'll see. :)

@Hermitgirl
    It does seem cheaty at times using the potions and spells, but hey, it's part of the gameplay so go for it! I would do the same thing you're doing with some Spellcasters I've played in the past, and others I've made get the ingredients/collectibles if they wanted to brew a potion and they'd have to make it good quality themselves too. Not sure yet which way I'll go with Essa. However, she is buying ingredients and collectibles in Caster's Alley for the time being. I'll at least let her buy tomes/wands and brooms. She's loaded so need to do something with those simoleans! ;) She's been giving to charity whenever they call too. If she gets too rich, I might have her run around gifting simoleans to whoever she sees too. :D

Discharge is a must! Usually the first perk my Spellcasters will get, and yeah the one where spells/potions never fail is a good one too! ;) Looks like you've been enjoying the Bust the Dust kit in your gameplay a lot. I haven't bought any kits yet. Not sure if I'll get that one. I do have my eye on the Country Kitchen though, it's GORGEOUS! Is that the new floor and wallpaper in the shot of Roxanne doing repairio on the potions? Very pretty! Love how you said Archie invited Nestor over so he could 'Dad' him. LOL I thought Nestor was living with them for some reason. Love her Greenhouse too, so pretty! Do the wall garden planters work well for you? I've read some have had problems with them. Just curious... Great update!

Hey everybody, I have a couple questions for you. Do you like the long in-depth comments I tend to give for your posts? Or would you rather I tried to cut them down? I was just wondering because I have a tendency to go overboard sometimes and ramble on and on until they turn into mini novels. o.O I will NOT be offended if you'd prefer shorter comments. Let me know! :) I'll be here for awhile yet, but hope y'all had a great day/night and a wonderful weekend coming up! <3
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Ah, a little late, but here's my update from yesterday :3 Since I saw that a lot of people are including just everyone in the story, I decided to do the same. ^^ Well, everyone except Roxanne, because she's still wandering around in the wilderness lol.

---
    March 4
    WTMYE15.png

Bryons Diary
    A lot of people don’t have the gift to learn spellcasting, but learning about Alchemy apparently is super popular in this academy. The Alchemy classroom was CROWDED when Beatrix, Gabbie, Johnny and I arrived in the Alchemy class. I immediately spotted Naoki, Jess and Julian, but there were also a lot of people present that I don’t know.

hWuzTC2.png
    (Naoki) “Bryon! It’s nice to see you. There are a lot of people in here, don’t you think?”
    (Bryon) “Can't agree more. Did you already make some friends?"
    (Naoki) "I only just arrived myself! But I do see a lot of interesting people that I want to get to know. I’m happy that we can at least have the Alchemy classes together”
    (Bryon) "Same."

pZTOFfJ.png
    (Anika) “Good morning, class. My name is Anika Beltran, I’m your Alchemy teacher. I’m just waiting for our last student to come in...”

RzLGUVL.png
    And of course, that last student was Jules.

(Jules) “Helloooo! Am I too late?”
    (Anika) “Just on time. Please, go stand between the rest”

mnIREox.png
    (Jules) “Okie-dokie!”

upbcLbB.png
    (Naoki) “Jules!” What?!”
    (Jules) “Surprise!!”

GP8eZM1.png
    (Naoki) “I’m so happy to see you here! We have to catch up after class!”
    (Jules) “Sure we do!”

Ep0OrHl.png
    (Anika) “Can I have your attention, please? As you can see, there are 7 cauldrons in this classroom and there are 14 students for the Alchemy class this year. This means that you’ll be working together with another student."

Everyone was like "yeaaahh!", but then...

(Anika) "Unfortunately, you don't get to decide who you will work with. I already formed the groups."
    I wrote all the names on little pieces of paper, put those in a bowl and then took them out again one by one. These groups are totally random. I then wrote down all the names in order of me getting them out of the bowl. This is the result!!

x40Ye9k.jpg

LLNuSOr.png
    Group 1: Jess and Beatrix. Those two got really lucky that Ms. Beltran put them together.

KpuxnxN.png
    Group 2: Gabbie and Jenny. Love it!

aqLy5uT.png
    Group 3: Naoki and Sakura. Love how the two Japanese people got together.

nN5jDJx.png
    Group 4: Essa and Melody. I last-minute decided to give Essa a make-over, since in the beginning of this chapter she was still Tessa Tyler xD I'm so lazy when it comes to give people make-overs lol.

z3QGqo1.png
    Group 5: Me and Julian. I do like that I don't have to introduce myself to someone I don't know, but I have the feeling that I'll be doing most of the work.

E9xjXLA.png
    Group 6: Johnny and Astrid. Johnny is befriending all the cat-ear people lol xD

7etNutv.png
    Last but not least, Group 7: Jules and River. Those two look like they both have no idea what they are doing HAHAH.

vNYg3oy.png
    (Skeilah's note: Looking to the entire group like this makes me smile. Love how the groups turned out. Okay, on with the story!)

PFmFvY0.png
    (Julian) “Hm...”

xKGpwe2.png
    (Bryon) “You okay?”
    (Julian) “Yeah, thanks for asking. I'm glad to be in a group with you.”

swRXbuH.png
    (Julian) “I’m just a little bored. I actually don’t really like this Alchemy thing...”

NXiTXOp.png
    (Julian) “For myself, I mean! I love to just watch Johnny doing magic tricks in the dorms. He showed me some cool stuff yesterday evening. He’s so cool. I’m happy that I can be his friend.”
    (Bryon) “You take all of this quite well, Julian.”
    (Julian) “Should I not?”
    (Bryon) “That’s not what I meant. I mean, most people would be sad to know that they can’t do magic, but you’re still happy as always”

TP2jPys.png
    (Julian) “Like I said, I don’t really enjoy all these experiment things. That's Jess' thing, not mine. I have my own dreams! One day, I’ll become a vet. And Johnny will help me as my magic assistant!”
    (Bryon) “Whoa, you sure have big plans. Do you regret coming here with us?”
    (Julian) "Absolutely not! Besides that, Alchemy classes are the only classes I have, so I still have a lot of free time to do other stuff. I still visit the animal shelter where I volunteer a lot."
    (Bryon) "There's an animal shelter in Glimmerbrook?"
    (Julian) "It's back in Brindleton Bay where I come from, but Johnny wanted to be my magic taxi. He drops me off in Brindleton Bay with his magic and after his class he comes back to get me."

ZhHchcx.png
    (Bryon) "Heh, that's sweet of him. So, you wanna become a vet?"
    (Julian) “You gotta dream big while you can!”
    (Bryon) “Hehe. Guess you’re right.”

PW1XTzQ.png
    (Julian) “So what are your big plans??”
    (Bryon) “Hmm.. My big plans...”
    (Julian) “Come on. Everybody has big plans!”

KxMNUMT.png
    (Bryon) “I can’t think of anything right now, but I’ll let you know as soon as I get something in my mind”
    (Julian) “That’s a deal.”

Behind the scenes
    What Bryon doesn’t know, is that a certain someone was listening in on that same conversation with Julian.

PSm1yLg.png
    (Bryon) “Oh Bryon, I already have big plans for you.. You’re just not entirely ready for them yet.”

---

mr4ImKx.png
    Of course, we also have Beatrix who still has to call her parents. It’s the first thing she decided to do after returning to the dorms.

27ZKqkB.png
    Rose, who was just working on her computer at that time, almost fell out of her chair from exitement.

(Rose) "My baby is calling!!"

MgODKAJ.png
    (Rose) “Beatrix! Finally! I almost came all the way too Glimmerbrook to check on you. I was so worried”

cCK9QxD.png
    (Beatrix) “No need to be worried, mom. I’m doing great!”

fSBAgqg.png
    (Rose) “How’s it going? You still eating well?”

PDyp5Di.png
    (Beatrix) “Yeah mom. Jess makes sure to feed me on time, hahaha.”

VI2W6ye.png
    (Rose) “Glad to hear.”

mh9q7rk.png
    (Beatrix) “Oh, before I forget! I didn’t knew you were a spellcaster, mom. What a nice surprise to give me!”

aCO5fx7.png
    (Rose) “... What?”

YfwUcGq.png
    (Beatrix) “Mom?”

FV6eQmr.png
    (Rose) “Baby, where did you get that idea? I’m not a spellcaster...”

fOZzugm.png
    (Beatrix) “Is mom a spellcaster then? I found out at the academy that I have the blood of a spellcaster... So one of you have to be one, right?”

FCuj8UC.png
    (Rose) “You gotta be kidding me... Ehm.. Beatrix. Nor mom, nor I are a spellcaster... But I have a feeling I might know where this is coming from...”

(Beatrix) “Oh?”

(Rose) “It looks like the donor that was used to make you... Was from a spellcaster...”

aXPgBDQ.png
    (Beatrix) “Waiiiiiiit. Part of my DNA is from a donor??? Why did I never knew this?”

(Rose) “Did you really think that your mom and I are able to have children without a donor...?”

6jEiZ9X.png
    (Beatrix) “Well, yeah! There’s a certain fertility procedure that allows two women to have a baby!”

(Rose) “Those things didn’t exist yet when I wanted a child...”

(Beatrix) “Oh.”

(Rose) “So...”

tHtjl45.png
    (Beatrix) “Do you know the name of the donor?”

bRzza4S.png
    (Rose) “Nope, it was anonymous. But I really didn’t think that it would be from a spellcaster...”

(Beatrix) “Ah man. I really want to thank the man that gave me this gift. It’s awesome, mom!”

(Rose) “You’re still being careful, right?”

PfBAkdj.png
    (Beatrix) “Of course I am!”

(Rose) “Good. That’s all I wanted to know. I’m happy to hear that you’re enjoying yourself. Call me again soon, okay?”

(Beatrix) “Yeah! Goodbye! Love you!”

(Rose) “Love you too!”

---

ODaCQrM.png
    But as soon as the line disconnects, a worried face appears on Roses face.

(Carrie) “So, from all the donors you could chose from, you got one from a spellcaster?”
    (Rose) “Oh Carrie... I already had a difficult time but now that I learned that she can hurt herself with spellcasting powers... What have I done, releasing my daughter like that... Should I just go get her?”

x1doIQ3.png
    (Carrie) “She’s old enough to handle it herself now, Rose. You should let go.”
    (Rose) “I know, but it’s so difficult... And she’s not making it easier for me...”

KrmGIsE.png
    (Carrie) "Come onnn. Don't look so sad."

qaSoXp1.png
    (Carrie) “Should we get Isla checked now too?”
    (Rose) “Maybe we should”
    (Carrie) “I was only joking!”
    (Rose) “I’m not.”

Kd42EHB.png
    (Carrie) “Oh Rose... You’re so cute when you’re overprotective”
    (Rose) “I’m not’”
    (Carrie) “Yes. You are.”
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    edited March 2021
    @SoulGal7 As River’s ‘creator’, I apologise on behalf of River and all the mishaps that your River and any and what any other River may or will cause in your saves. Sorry Sakura! Tell him off for me. Sidenote: I’ve never gone to them before and I wonder if a Sim can actually win it.

@Ellupelluellu I love love love what you’ve done with the Challenge gang! I’ll take your River being a mermaid as a foretelling that my River will overcome his fear and live happily ever after. River and Roxanne, Ride or Die, sounds like an alternative universe in the making.

@Karababy52 Awww yay I’m glad Essa gets reunited with her father and that it’s setting up something sweet and vengeful towards Damon. Very curious to find out her parentage! And no worries, I’m not that sinister. With Spellcaster Dirk, I was so surprised that it gave him that possibility. River was going to try and resurrect him but now maybe Dirk can do it himself. Mehbe. I don’t mind long comments and do appreciate it but I also hope that you’re not exhausting yourself with writing them. If you like doing it, I’m all good for it.

@permanentrose Very pleased that Lydia is in Jules’ corner. It’s okay to get heavy sometimes, a lovely update despite the heaviness of the subject. I have a feeling Bex will be the first to find Jules given her profession. Thank you again for your help and putting the Teleporter in the same place was the missing piece for me, and I didn’t realise that you could also manually change a Sim through pregnancy stages. I need to read up and explore MCCC more, again assuming you do it through that mod? If not, what do you use and other mods?

@Hermitgirl Lovely update again! Yay, Nestor makes an appearance. Oh I didn’t know familiars had personality! I’ll check him out more on my next play. Do you know at the top of your head if my familiar can be bound to a pet that I don’t have yet? I’ll research into it too but later when I’m not tired as well. Also, Roxanne’s not cheating, she’s being resourceful and playing it smart! Again didn’t know what some of the spells were, but this is a great find!

@Skeilah Yay, another River appears! Haha, he’s similar to my River as really I have no idea what I’m doing most of the time XDD. Love that you have the Challenge Gang together too, I’m tempted to follow suit though I need to get Jenny and Astrid as part of it too. This one totally reminded me of Snape and his Potions class, and also thank you for showing me that two people can use one cauldron! Now I know, I can get rid of one cauldron cos River and Dirk are chummy enough to share. XDD And maybe it’s because I’m a idealist-pessimist who wants to be proven wrong, but Morgyn seems sus to me right now AND who is Beatrix’ donor-dad? Have we meet him? Can’t wait to find out!

ALSO, I want to echo as well of your commentary preferences. I can also ramble, when I have the time. If you prefer shorter comments, I can also accomodate! Sometimes I end up writing as how I would speak, and in hindsight, I think to myself there is a shorter way of saying this. But yeah, let me know too!
    Update 64 - Hello, baby

R027qUm.jpg

Notes:
    The next morning, Jules went over to Lydia's to borrow her phone. Perhaps she should invest in a new one, but there was something so freeing about not feeling tied to her phone. Without a phone, she could truly tuck herself away in this new life she had made for herself and ignore the rest of the world, at least just for now.

She found the number of the closest OBGYN and was surprised to find they had a cancelation later that morning and they asked if she had the availability to come in.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Lydia offered, once Jules handed her back her phone and updated her.

"I wouldn't want to make you do that," Jules replied, but found that she didn't actually want to face this alone.

"I don't mind," Lydia seemed to read her mind.

(I dowloaded a hospital build from the gallery and plopped it down in Willow Creek)

"I'm so nervous," Jules whispered as they approached the front desk. Lydia reached out to give her hand a reassuring squeeze.
    U90h6ac.png

Soon, they were in an exam room, waiting for the doctor, and Jules was feeling more and more anxious.
    Scbo6U1.png

(Thank you @Skeilah for letting your simself be Jules' doctor HAHA)

"Hello, I'm Dr. C." The doctor entered the room shortly. "And you must be Julia Warner."

"Jules," she automatically corrected.

"Jules," Dr. C repeated. "Nice to meet you. And is this your partner?" She turned to look at Lydia.

"No, no, just a friend," Lydia laughed awkwardly, blushing.
    tZ8l6hO.png

Dr. C asked Jules some more questions before doing an ultrasound.

"That's your baby," Dr. C pointed at the screen.
    gUtnLWG.png

Jules felt her throat tighten as she heard the heartbeat and saw the blurry image swim across the screen. For the first time, she felt a connection to the baby, a feeling of love and adoration slowly welling up in her chest.

Before leaving the room, Dr. C gave her some pamphlets to read about options she had with her pregnancy, since Jules had expressed her concern over the unplanned nature of this pregnancy. But she suddenly felt such fierce love toward the little baby growing inside her that she knew she'd do whatever she needed to make this work.

They followed Dr. C out into the hallway and were greeted by a large, friendly labrador wearing a therapy dog vest.

"That's Cinset," Dr. C smiled as Jules greeted the dog. "He's our resident therapy dog, always on call to brighten days and make our patients smile." (Thank you, once again @Skeilah, for loaning your childhood dog to this challenge as well)
    yojxhKX.jpg

Though she wasn't really any closer to figuring things out, Jules did feel better as she left the hospital, daring to feel just a bit hopeful about the future as she was blinded by the new and intense love she felt for her baby.

Dr. C had told her that it was still okay for her to continue to exercise, as long as she felt comfortable. (Sims can use workout equipment through most of their pregnancy so I might as well try to get that scout badge now. I just added some gym stuff the Onsen since I didn't want to send Jules to another world)
    aWZnDqF.png
    2udrs6p.jpg

When she returned home, she hung up the ultrasound photo Dr. C had printed out for her.

"We're gonna be okay, baby," she whispered, placing a hand on her stomach. "We're gonna be okay...."
    5Pl7I9h.png
    edited March 2021
    @
    Update 64 - Hello, baby
    Though she wasn't really any closer to figuring things out, Jules did feel better as she left the hospital, daring to feel just a bit hopeful about the future as she was blinded by the new and intense love she felt for her baby.

I felt that. I feel like I can empathise with Jules' on that part of our respective pregnancy journeys. I can remember how in the first few weeks, I kept wondering if I really was pregnant as evidenced by the pee stick or was it all in my head. But soon as we got the scan, it was exactly as you wrote. Hope that's not to TMI, but I'm glad that Jules' isn't going through this on her own and that hopefully her family with be there to support her as well. Great update and cameo from @Skeilah's Simself and cute doggo!

edited March 2021
    Day 64
    qhQIsn3.jpg
    fYiKYU7.jpg
    BStvbnu.jpg
    QU0C0of.jpg
    ________

So I learned a new thing today. The first spell I learned or was gifted was Inferniate...I should’ve known. I quickly had it replaced. Same-day delivery, thank goodness for it. Hopefully Dirk doesn’t suspect a thing.

Notes
    Another small one from meee, sorry I’m putting in a filler--but it made me laugh and I had to share. I cackled and cried that the Untamed Magic Sage granted him this first. Also, for people who have Realm of Magic, can we learn all the spells or do we have to pick and choose?

Also, at the moment River doesn’t have any babies. That I know of. But the babies I was talking about were the ones in my unplayed Sim families, the townies etc. I spotted the Landgraabs in the Other Households folder and saw they had a baby and well yeah, I don’t know you can spot the difference.
    Post edited by Kanindota on
    edited March 2021
    @Kanindota
    I'm glad I was able to convey a relatable feeling/emotion in that regard, as I've never been pregnant myself haha. I figured going through the trouble of downloading a sonogram pose and all of the CC props might be worth it in the end to give Jules that realistic feeling of bonding with her unborn child, glad it seems to have been worth it!!

Also I love River's little fire mishap HAHAHA. Too funny, yep, just quietly replace everything and don't tell Dirk. Also in regards to the dark babies, it's a glitch right now that I think almost everyone is experiencing. The babies appear dark in the preview photo, but once you log in, they have their proper skin colors. And yes, I use MCCC to progress or pause a pregnancy. All you do is click on a sim, select MCCC, pregnancy, and then pregnancy phase, and you can switch a sim into any trimester easily that way.

Also to you and @Karababy52 - I totally don't mind long comments, I usually enjoy them and write them as well when I have the energy, but you should do what you want to! If you're getting burnt out from writing longer comments, then short ones would be fine too, whatever you feel like doing :)

@Hermitgirl and @Skeilah - will do proper replies later today for you guys when I have a bit more time!
    Post edited by permanentrose on
    edited March 2021
    March 5
    1x89yI0.png

Bryons Diary
    So, today is just another day of learning magic in Morgyn's classes.

P7qlKeU.png
    I'm doing really well (as you can see here). It didn't took a lot of time before the third spell was learned. Milestone 3! Yay!

mcLAEia.png
    It’s pretty funny to use spells on Johnny.

(Johnny) “What was that? I suddenly feel like I just came out of a bath.”
    (Bryon) “I don’t know. Some kind of spell called Scruberoo. Hehe”

KnP6zO8.png
    (Morgyn) “Can I have your attention please? Today you’ll be duelling each other. I’ll be keeping scores on who wins the most, so please try your best.”

cIwkm0L.png
    We went to the duelling grounds for the first time. My first duel was with Beatrix. Johnny and Gabbie just sat on the bench while Morgyn closely watched us.

zVEe2JZ.png
    I won. It made me a little too happy. It gave me a little boost. Even Morgyn didn’t knew what to say.

Bvnpx8q.png
    (Bryon) “So, who’s next?”

lLlQPsB.png
    It was my brother. I thought I had won pretty quickly...

But he got back up on his feet. He’s stronger than I thought he would be.

v6yqzMp.png
    He almost got me down.

TuHsC5o.png
    Almost.

(Bryon) “Give up already!!”
    (Johnny) “Never!!!”

9BvkLFF.png
    In the end, I won again.

sEklLV1.png
    (Morgyn) “Gabbie, now you can go against Bryon”

kJUyfsn.png
    (Gabbie) “Try me”

6083DMP.png
    (Bryon) “I’m sorry, Gabbie”
    (Gabbie) “What for?”

WmPvx5L.png
    (Bryon) “For this.”

WASQpHP.png
    (Gabbie) "Aw...."

5JJDoWB.png
    The other duels were also hilarious. Gabbie won from Beatrix.

uTr5ipn.png
    It almost looked like Johnny was going to win from Gabbie...

G5R7YJ2.png
    But then this happened lol.

Omlq0G3.png
    (Gabbie) “Yes!! I’m the second best!!”

R5qCpms.png
    And then these two had to decide who was the weakest.

FGjYMQA.png
    And to everyone’s surprise, it turned out to be Johnny. Poor Johnny 😂

(Johnny) “I’m done with life”

kr0VBoV.png
    6aGYmCZ.png
    (Johnny) “But now I feel the sudden urge to hug my big brother!”
    (Bryon) “Oh help. What have we done?”

lh45ho9.png
    It was a nice day. I was enjoying myself! (as you can see here)

MrpBSit.png
    Well, at least until this.

(Morgyn) “Bryon. Do you know how powerful you are?”
    (Bryon) “Hehe, I’m not powerful. I just got lucky”
    (Morgyn) “You can’t call that luck anymore. You’re really good. I want to ask you something. Can we go somewhere more private?”
    (Bryon) “Sure”

nRaa3Xc.png
    (Morgyn) “So, Bryon. Eliza told you about the condition your father is in...”
    (Bryon) “Oh no. Not this again.”
    (Morgyn) “Please, hear me out”
    (Bryon) “Hmpf... okay.”

wjSgNeD.png
    (Morgyn) “I’ve been trying to get you father down for years, but I never succeeded. He’s too powerful for me... But I think if we did it together... I think we could finally get him”
    (Bryon) “What do you want to do with him once you have him?”
    (Morgyn) “End his life, obviously”
    (Bryon) “... I can’t do that.”

NuCWpDt.png
    (Morgyn) “But that man made your life miserable!”
    (Bryon) “The man that made my life miserable is apparently not my father. If I kill that man, I’ll also kill my father. You can’t ask that from me. I’m not doing it. Isn’t there a way to save him without the need of killing?”
    (Morgyn) “...”

Ann1Cam.png
    (Bryon) “I’m not going to kill him, Morgyn. I can’t do that. I do want to save the man that is supposed to be my father, but not this way.”

r8PgaRo.png
    And just like that, I walked away. I was mad, sad and I just didn’t knew what to do. Why did he ask something like that to me? And just when I started to like magic…

Behind the scenes
    15bQrEb.png
    (Morgyn, in himself) “I also wanted it to be different... We could've done it differently if Isaius didn't steal that potion recipe to cure him... We have no other option, Bryon...”

3LR6WU6.png
    To freshen up your mind: we are talking about the Potion of Love. The one I invented on my own. The one that was supposed to cure Isaius when he became cursed in his teenage years. That same potion recipe is right here, all locked up in Isaius’ office. It’s just standing there, safely…

Uq5XNXW.png
    Until the unimaginable happens. The recipe... Starts to move?

eGjBW3V.png
    And to make the surprise even bigger, teenage Isaius jumps out of it! Or well, at least its soul. Or its ghost. Whatever you call it.

(Isaius - ?) “What... Why am I here?”

ApUonIF.png
    Gage (who was secretly playing a game on Isaius’ computer) saw it all. He turned off the game out of confusion. I think even the readers of this story are confused now. Theehee.

(Gage) “... Boss?”
    (Isaius) “Do we... Know each other...?”

A1Wee9n.png
    (Gage) “You suddenly look so much younger... Wait. Why are you a ghost?! Did you die???!”

L6ZpDjI.png
    (Isaius) “Did I... Die...? No... I don’t think that happened... But ... I don’t know anymore...”

KPQ0U5z.png
    A flashback occurs. Wallace.

0Hw0qoB.png
    (Isaius) “Wallace... Where is Wallace?! Is he okay?!”
    (Gage) “Boss... Who is Wallace?”
    (Isaius) “Why are you calling me boss?!”
    (Gage) “Because... I work for you?”
    (Isaius) “I’m just a student like you. I go to school in the Magic Realm, with my dog Wallace and my best friend Brytani. I was having a magic duel with my best friend just a while ago! Wallace! He got hurt! What are you talking about...? What is happening???”
    (Gage) “I’m afraid... I don’t know either....”

(Isaius, the living one) “Gage!!! Are you up there using my computer again?! Come down here this instant!!!!”

82ivbtr.png
    (Isaius, the ghost) “That sounded like me...”
    (Gage) “Well, that’s because that IS you. But well, older and more grumpy.”
    (Isaius) I don’t get it...”
    (Gage) “You jumped out of that... Thing. What is it? Can’t even read it.”
    (Isaius) “Why is it protected like that? Why did I came out of it?”

(Isaius, the living one) “GAGE!!!!!”

(Gage) “I’m sorry, but I really need to go. Ehm. Do you know how to hide yourself? I’ll come back once the coast is clear.”
    (Isaius, the ghost) “Eh, yeah. I’ll figure something out.”

GsVkV8d.png
    (Gage) “This is so weird... The guy looks like boss, but is like another person... But at the same time, this is exiting!”

1Jbce63.png
    (Isaius) “Ah, so you really were here. You know you can’t use my stuff. Get down in an instant. I have business to take care off”
    (Gage) “Yes sir”
    (Gage, in himself) "I really hope he hid himself in time..."

0AykmBx.png
    Well, yes, he hid himself. But he's not really good at it, lol. xD The living Isaius went to stand in front of the recipe and grinned at it. Ghost Isaius could hear everything.

(Isaius) “It’s time to renew the spell to keep this guy locked up where he belongs.”

And then, the ghost gets more flashbacks. An inner fight with himself and the curse, which he lost.

(The ghost, in himself) “Keep me... Locked up... I think it’s slowly coming back to me... A curse took over my body because he won a fight... And locked me up with a spell... My soul... In a recipe... A paper... How long have I been gone for...?”

The ghost silently tries to look at himself.

"I look so old... Have I been locked up for that long....?"
    Post edited by Skeilah on
  • AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    @SoulGal7 Ooo I see, how interesting!

@Karababy52 awww I'm so happy for Essa, finally finding her father. That's a dream I hope to one day find, as well hehe So heartwarming.

Not the vacuum, she was afraid because Duane knocked on the door haha She was like "who be there?!" A couple people did, but not much, probably because of the markup haha And no, he didn't stay the night, just popped over for a visit before bed c: I didn't know about the food either, it was a bit... dusty but she seemed to like it lol saves time cooking, I suppose. Not that day, sadly, but she came back the next day, you'll see it in my next post <3 She came back with fleas tho, sucks you can't bathe cats.

@Kanindota What a cute familiar! And I'm sorry but I laughed way too hard xD Poor guy, setting the TV on fire! Glad it didn't get too out of hand, maybe he should avoid that spell for a bit hehe I also commented in the screenshot thread but if you miss it, it's happened to me a few times in my 100 baby challenge. I don't know how to fix it but I think it's a game thing rather than mods but I can't be sure since I don't play vanilla.

@permanentrose At first, but the dust is starting to annoy me xD Every time I turn around there's dust everywhere and those 🐸🐸🐸🐸 bunnies oof. Right! I paused and just watched her running away, it broke my heart :(

So pretttyyy~ I'm happy that she has a friend supporting her, I bet it's terrifying. And a nice pupper to make her smile, too, feckin' adorable. Stay strong, Jules, you'll be a great mother!

@Hermitgirl It really does feel like cheating haha But it's so nice to be able to cast a spell and fill the hygiene meter without having to rush home and stop what I'm doing.

@Skeilah Nice handwriting c: The cauldron room looks pretty cool, I hope the pairings go well. It's so cool seeing the other sims in the world, I really need to add ya'lls to my game, as well! Morgyn looks sooo done lol and Johnny looks so confused, adorable <3 Sucks he was the weakest, poor guy. AND HE GOT CURSED ahhhh Wow Morgyn, how can you ask that of him? Too far, bro.

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
    And now I finally have time to do lots of comments. On all those who asked if I dislike long comments? Not at all! I always write books myself if I comment, and I love to hear all the possible feedback on my story too. Keep on goinggggg.

@Kanindota
    Day 60: Is this like an Instagram post? xD Oh that's hilarious. I do think you misspelled Windenburg lol. Oh man, Bjorn is River's father...? Oh boyyyyy, and indeed, River and Sofia have kissed! Oh nooooooo. And Dirk has to bear it all xDDD Poor guy.

Day 61: Phahahahaha yeah, I would also drop my jaw on the floor if something cool like Glimmerbrook happened to me. Like omg, teleporting.

My everything is game generated, so also my Sages. Hahahah, I also think that my story is more like a remake of Harry Potter, lol.

Day 61.2 (lol): Hahahah, love how River is like "what's next? Vampires? Werewolves? Fairies? Mermaids?" xDDD I also didn't knew ghosts could become Spellcasters. That's nice.

Day 62: OMG THAT DRAGON IS THE CUTEST <3 Also good for Dirk that he's getting better at cooking xD

Hehe, I also have the feeling that my story is becoming something like Harry Potter 2.0. I think you can even share a cauldron with more, but I never tried that. I do love the fact that at least two people can work together at one cauldron. Morgyn is always sus. Or no, he's not really sus, but he's about to ask Bryon something very... Not cool. It's in today's update so maybe you already read it when you read this comment.

About Beatrix' donor dad... It was an anonymous donor so I don't think I'll go any further on it. Unless the person itself makes himself known, lol.

Day 63: Uh-oh, River set teh TV on fire. Was he just... Trying out what the spell would do? xD

@AnnoyingTiger
    March 2: I do like the new Gallery type, but sometimes I have to click on the picture because it's a little small hehe. I'm happy that I can click on it!! That makes this style nice and not annoying. It's a sunny day, the bees are nice, the flowers are beautiful, yeahhhh, the good life. Duane even asks Astrid on a date <3 Oh myyyyy <3 That romantic message is the cutest.

March 3: More bees, a lot of stinky foods, and what is that dusty thing???? Did they actually buy something at the Flea market or not? xD Awww, poor Pumpkin looks a bit mad. I think Pumpkin doesn't like the dust bunny thing.

March 4: Aha! I'm guessing the dust bunny comes from that new dust kit or something. I don't plan on buying it, but I had a good laugh with the dust bunny. NOOOOO. PUMPKIN!!! See??? Pumkin actually IS jealous of the dust bunny!! Luckily Duane is there to save the day and apparently share a first kiss. So cute! Love the fireworks, but I still hope Pumpkin will come back soon :(

@Hermitgirl
    March 2: I'm like the only person who still has the 'normal' L. Faba lol xD She looks nice with that short hair though!

I'm also happy that the game doesn't limit us in spellcaster powers. I just liked the idea of not everyone being able to be a spellcaster for my story. Yay!

March 3: Hahahah, Inferniate is the one I accidentally hit with Morgyn - and then the whole room caught on fire. So yeah, I know what the spell does, lol. ARCHIBALD!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING??? HAHAHAHA omg I laughed so hard when Roxanne set Vlad on fire.

March 4: You really can use Repairio to make potions of excellent quality? Wow I just learned something. That bust the dust pack sure is popular lol. I just don't understand why xD It's... Dust xD

@Karababy52
    March 2: I'm so glad that Molly told Essa everything. And I'm also happy that in the end Essa isn't mad at Molly. Well okay, she was in the beginning, but I'm glad she calmed down lol. Whoa Essa, calm down. You don't need to chop his *beep* off like that. That's insane. xD Essa and Bryon indeed have similar feelings of being tired. I feel for Essa. A lot. Yeah, become a spellcaster and give him some kind of curse!!! xD Seeing Essa with those knives in hand, so happy, made me feel a little... Scared. Lol.

Well apart from L. Faba, I also never used the hairstyle lol, but I won't be mad if some random generated townie walked around with that hair. I also love the glasses on Bryon. Did you notice how Bryon and Johnny's hair is slightly black, but at the same time they're getting their colours back? ^^

Aha, you have the same feeling about Bryon and Essa feeling the same feelings.

Bryon is indeed really lucky to have Naoki. But at the same time I have so many characters in my game that it's easy to lose track of some characters ahahahaa. Bryon just didn't expect the kiss on his forehead. He didn't yell out loud, he was yelling in himself and his cheeks burned up. It wasn't a bad thing. He liked it.

At least Isaius can turn back from being a cat to being himself, lol. Can't say that about Roxanne. xD

Oh, so you noticed that Gabbie could be incredibly helpful? I know for sure that she's not going to reveal that she's working for Isaius, but she'll try to help out wherever she can. Gabbie is a good person.

Day 3: Ohhh, Essa is finally going to go through the portal!! Love the dress Molly gave her. Looks like Simeon is going to answer some questions soon. Hehe, Essa is as quick in finding those motes as Bryon was. Oh my god. Simeon is Essa's father. I did not see that coming at all.

Day 4: Oh, I'm so sad :( It's so sad to read all this. Essa's mother seems to be a really horrible person :( and all of those things for money? :c It breaks my heart. This is like a reverse story of Bryon because his mom also went to search for him for so long, lol. I'm going to cry with you, Essa. Mannnnn <3 Also love the picture.

@SoulGal7
    Thanks about the Plopsy thing. I switched aspirations again to complete the monthly aspirations, but I hope that when I go back to the knitting aspiration, that Bryon eventually will be able to sell something via Plopsy.

Day 18: Love how you used an actual classroom for the story and a music teacher to go with it. Can't wait to see which students Sakura will bring together in her future band. Aww, too bad Sakura lost the Motive Trials. I feel sorry for her.

@permanentrose
    You told me that I could skip you, but I can't do that, man.

Update 62: Gotta agree with Lydia. Jules' outfit is really cute. Also, how adorable is that cactus???? And that dog???? <3 I wonder what Bex and Dell's reactions will be when they see that mail. Bex could go into research - "the computer signal is from there!!!!", something like that.

Update 63: Lol it's snowing and they're getting ice cream? xD Hilarious. I love that little doggo. It's so cute!!! So smollll <3 Ah, she finally told someone she's pregnant. Lydia is so nice. Jules doesn't have to do this all alone. Lydia is already a great support and a great friend!

Update 64: Love how you write in your story how freeing it is to not have a phone, meanwhile Jules is continuously on the phone she's not supposed to have hahahahhahahahahah! I'm happy that I was able to send my Simself over to your game and to finally meet her as Dr. C.! Ahhhh, this makes me happy. Love how she misspelled Jules' name. I would literally do that too lol. I'm so happy for Jules. She's feeling the love <3 it's heartwarming. I so agree with Kanindota, although I never had a kid before and so never felt that myself, but I can so imagine it myself. Also, yay for Cinset!! <3

@Ellupelluellu
    Ohhhh, I just gotta say how much I love that you included everyone in your update!!! And I'm actually really happy that Bryon is a Spellcaster lol xD I don't really see him as a Vampire or a Mermaid. Well, someday he's gonna be a Vampire, but that's a long time ahead (since I switched that world to October for halloween vibes).
    I don't usually put comments under spoilers (too lazy really) and hope you all don't mind but I'm catching up on multiple posts so I guess I should.
    @Kanindota
    For Day 61 I like the inner dialogue going on for this day. I also haven't played a ghost spellcaster so that will be fun to see if they go through anything different at all. And LOL Dirk is helping River get skilled so it's all good.
    For Day 62 Dragon fits right in here especially considering the history with fire lol.
    For Day 63 Hey only yourself to blame if you cast Inferniate on something expensive! And you can learn every spell there is as long as you go to the Realm. The baby color icon was wrong for Nestor too. I guess eventually they will fix that.
    -I get what your saying about Roxanne being a funny evil at times and really that's how I try to play her .. mostly so she can get away with it... throw in that it might not be all her fault (she's not all there..) and she has a get out of jail free card that she wouldn't have if I were making it like a more real life story.
    I don't think I'll make Archie a spellcaster, might be too much to try to keep track of and post if I do. The other challenge sims are just in their house and I'm seeing them all in the Magic Realm too. I don't think I'll try to play them much or make a big story.... I'll just let the game lead that.. unless what they are doing is not very in character as I see it. I do plan on giving them spells though because having them remain novices wouldn't be nice to me.
    I don't think I put anything about familiars in my post, all I know is the ones you can get from the game and that you can make your pet one. No clue if you can make one a familiar that doesn't live with you though.
    @SoulGal7
    Omg I know I shouldn't but I'm dying laughing that Sakura went to the motive trials... I was saying NOOO to here as I was reading but she did it anyway! It's River's fault! I've never seen those trials turn out well... lol.
    I love that Music Classroom you used for your "set".
    I guess Sakura has to crack down and work harder on her music though.
    Thanks for the link to Jenny also. I have to get her in the game.
    @permanentrose
    What a great post for Update 63 Lydia is so warm and supportive. Don't be sorry about getting heavy here. It really came through with your writing and pictures.
    -For what you said to me (about Jules looking bigger and your testing it) I love looking into stuff like that too and trying to figure out the ins and outs of it, basically about anything. Either way Jules wasn't looking bad at all. I love magic in this game so Roxanne will definitely remain a spellcaster until she has to become a vampire for another pack. That might make her angry though!! Now I'm looking forward to it!
    For Update 65 I love the ultrasound part ... that's can be so true the feelings it causes, especially earlier on. I remember it being a lot like that so for not every being pregnant you did great!
    @Skeilah
    For March 3: I think more along the lines of Harry Potter when I see your pictures .. down to Bryon and his glasses also! I also like how you've turned me from hating Bryon's dad to wanting him saved with each scene. I can picture poor Roo eating out of trashcans lol... you gotta help!
    Hmm I wonder if this lending potion is going to come up later...
    For March 4 Boooo no Roxanne! lol.. Of course Jules had to make the dramatic entrance right? That's great, makes me giggle. Bleh, don't feel too guilty about makeovers or I might have too! Lol on the River and Jules picture that made me crack up too funny!
    Nice side story about Beatrix parentage too. Makes me wonder if that will come up later. Knowing you it probably will..
    For March 5 Lol poor Johnny is the guinea pig. That dueling day looked like a lot of fun. You're good at keeping me on the edge of my seat with your endings (about the Isaius part of the story)
    -I kind of feel bad about changing L Fabia but I think I changed her face shape just a little and updated her hair.
    You can use Repairio on a bunch of stuff... to upgrade it's quality, books, paintings all sorts of things. Just hover and see :). It's another really cheaty thing!
    @AnnoyingTiger
    We all have those days when we can't do it for whatever reason, you gotta take care of yourself first always...
    For March 3rd Love the dust bunny shot.. and she's seems to be doing great with her gardening ect :) I gotta admit too.. I never put my pets in outfits but your kitty looks so cute all the time.
    For March 4th Bleh gross sink. Oh no, no about pumpkin running away! I was yelling at the picture. Please tell me they come back.
    @Ellupelluellu
    Wow what a set up! Makes me want to break up the crew I let in game too as that many are just too hard to play at one time. I might steal some of this idea!!
    Bryon and Sakura the blue spell caster team! Lol that's great and so much game play and set up. Ooof.
    Jules and Essa vamps! The red pool is great... I forget you can do that to water in this game. They look the part of vamps too.
    River and Roxanne merfolk! I can definitely see Roxanne as a mermaid with the siren song. Maybe River will settle down! And Roxanne will become .. nice lol, or not. That makes me want to play mermaids more lol.
    Nikolas Sr is hot!
    @Karababy52
    For your day 8 post.. That house looks so good in screenshots. What a story in general. Love the way you described the portal and entering it... and this had me grinning! I need to give you the gift of sight to see. Then you must find 7 motes and bring them back to me. I'm hearing double, double toil and trouble almost! Love the way Simeon speaks in general.
    Oh snap, I love that he's her father!... bleh made me cry a little. Whew think this was my favorite post yet.
    For your day 9 post Okay I won't giggle at all about her being born on April Fools day... nope. Because it lines up with the challenge! 🐸🐸🐸🐸 guess we are all April Fools! Oh man you made the waterworks start again with the story .. and BWAHAHA about the severe nausea potion... do it and more!
    -I definitely agree that it's too bad you can't kill them with Inferniate, but with some well placed rugs and no where to run or if you get them in bed lol sometimes you can :). Not that I've ever done that of course... >:)
    The wallpaper and floor is from the Country Kitchen pack .. I'm terrible at decorating and didn't want to redo the kitchen in her house so I had to use them somewhere!
    The wallplanters do have problems.. like you have to take the plants out for evolve to count and I think to splice them, but once they are how you want I don't have any problem and they save space.
    I'm good with in depth comments by the way. If you are interested or want to comment just be how you are, if you don't have time or you are forcing it, just reading is great too to me. Sometimes I just read and enjoy, but I'm not a great conversationalist in general. Even if I don't comment a lot I'm often back here grinning like a fool while reading or looking at pictures.
    egTcBMc.png
    edited March 2021
    March 5th
    5hTMVU8.png
    The third day Roxanne went into the Magic Realm. She hits up all the Sages for training in every type of Magic and asks for a potion. Sometimes she can get more potions also. I don't go buy the books or anything yet or try to learn ahead... she just gets training in the Realm and sometimes practices at home. Right now I'm not using potions for greening yet.
    NI5OPMz.png
    I just liked the look on Simeon's face in this one! I tend to befriend him the most in my games.. no clue why. I do get rid of his belly and the basegame hair he comes with.
    Ww2JDxi.png
    Today it's River having an accident near the portal. I guess Jules had the day off!
    8IvCTY9.png
    Bryon looking upset in the background!
    k4dCDvz.png
    The next day... why take a shower?.. just use Scruberoo!
    INi1RYH.png
    Yeah, let's go back to the last save..... this never happened! CUT!
    nZbKbAy.png
    Okay this happened and I decided to say yes, but the game had a hiccup so not sure my save took. I save a lot though so not much would be lost. Guess I find out next time I play.
    egTcBMc.png
  • AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    000-5.png
    030-1.png
    - Info & Index.
    - Day 10 full album.

If it's okay with all of you, I'm going to be adding your sims to the world ^-^) If you'd rather me not, please let me know!
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
    @AnnoyingTiger Fine by me!! But use the version of Jules in @Skeilah’s gallery, not mine. I like the hair Skeilah has for her better haha.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,775 Member
    Thank you for all the comments, I will reply tomorrow, hopefully with an actual update of MINE :D

Anyway, last 2 remaining sims :)@AnnoyingTiger , @lilypadmeulin
    Jenny and Astrid :)
    Occults were already taken, and Astrid is a spellcaster already.. (No I will not do aliens, I would if Sixam would be a liveable world)

So.. celebrities!! 5 star actors!

1yy9e6y.png
    (I changed Jenny's schooluniform to this similar grey colored outfit from GF)
    ANFNx9I.png
    And naturally , Celebs will be seen at their formal wear in the accolades! So this is how I edited them :) All other outfits are untouched. Only formal wear :)
    QjfWjRZ.png
    Okay now, they are roommates, but also divas.. they have different agency's and they are competing about their roles! So they are not enemies, but not friends either :D
    GAxURUk.png
    6qeuoWF.png
    Pumpkin , in the other hand, got tired about fast.. silly sim-humans!
    z4qNZ1r.png
    Pumpkin is a simstagram pet, 105 followers so far :D

30JEIrz.png
    QCRH9Y9.png
    wPbMAxK.png
    Uku here seems to be hard core fan of both :D:joy:
    And he fainted after those shots :D

5nf1eJT.png
    Pumpkin: "MEOOOW! And why is this silly sim-human hugging the ground??"
    HfBzG7X.png
    Pumpking: "MEOOOYYYYSSHHH!!!! This sim-human needs a new deodorant!"
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    edited March 2021
    @Ellupelluellu - Jenny & Astrid as celebs is really fun! But the real celebrity, who takes the show, is Pumpkin. Hehehe! Love the screenies, especialy of Pumpkin smelling armpits. lol

@AnnoyingTiger - Sakura Li is on the gallery. Both versions of her, one a starter and then one with some skills because I was uploading her to save my computer files. Claim either one. Thanks :) I noticed that you had purchased one of the Kits. Is there a new aspiration with this one? Love the daily pics for March 5th - did her spell to fix the water leak backfire and she got electrocuted? I don't have the Realm of Magic pack, so I am thinking this is what has happened. And there is Dwayne getting a key to her house (and heart?) lol Nice snow shots as well, and Pumpkin playing with that toy is so cute.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,775 Member
    @SoulGal7 , I have to admit Pumpkin indeed offered most fun scenarios :joy:
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    @Skeilah
    First of all, LOVE the new profile pic.

I think I have two updates from you to comment on, I kind of forget, my brain is very tired lol, but let's see....

First one, with the group potions class, so much fun! I love seeing all of our sims, and OF COURSE JULES WALTZED IN LATE. She's stealing the show in everyone's updates these days lol. I love the way fate paired everyone off, those are gonna be some fun groups for sure. Also Anika Beltran is super cool, I'm jealous the game gave you such a pretty sim with a cool name! Also poor little Bea didn't even know that she had a donor dad, poor thing! Haha, well, surprise! That was definitely a fun little way to make Beatrix a spellcaster though, I'm glad we brainstormed that one together. I love seeing Rose and Carrie in your game, they are the cutest and it reminded me that it's been way too long since I've played them, gotta do that soon :)

Next update - the duels are so fun! And poor Johnny, definitely not his day haha. The behind the scenes stuff got really intense though, I wonder what will happen now that the soul of the real Isaius is out on the loose now...

@Hermitgirl
    Spellcasting is so cool, I kind of want it now so I don't have to take care of basic needs haha. I already cheat needs in most of my gameplay when I'm not doing a challenge, but it would be cool to have a way to fill up some needs really fast without it being cheating or needing a bunch of reward traits. I like your plan to maximize the use of the magic and potions, I would totally be doing the same thing if I had this pack. ALSO NESTER, YAY <3 Love that cutie, and I love that Archie had to "dad" him lol. Gotta make sure he grows up well :) Also of course Jules took over for a bit, she tends to do that lol. I should warn people to add her to their game at their own risk.

Can sims be both spellcasters and vampires? I have an alien mermaid sim (and I do have to use MCCC cheats to show his mermaid form) but other than that, he seems pretty stable in my game. He mostly has mermaid needs, but he can do the alien secret handshake haha. If I had more occults in my game, I'd be playing with hybrids all the time to see what I could manage lol

@Karababy52
    I edit the brightness in some of my photos too, but other than that, way too lazy to try to edit anything else. Regardless of what you do, they look great! So have you cheated to make Simeon officially her dad, was just curious if the game recognizes the relationship now too?

I do have several families with a lot of drama in my main save (as you've seen with Mario's family HAHA), but for the most part, before this challenge, I was just happily playing Rose and Carrie and their family, and they have no drama ever, I do really love playing out their domestic bliss and happiness, so I definitely get that. But it's fun to craft a story for this challenge, so unfortunately poor Jules will suffer for the sake of my creativity.

@Ellupelluellu
    Astrid and Jenny make great celebrities, but Pumpkin really did steal the show here. I love your humorous comments too - that armpit line made me actually laugh out loud :D
    edited March 2021
    @Hermitgirl - March 5 - Love Roxanne as a Spellcaster, and poor River with his broom malfunction! Bryon, why are you looking so sad? Now, I have a question on the second to last shot of Roxanne after the scruberoo shot...what happened to Roxanne and you said CUT? I think it might be because I don't have Realm of Magic that I don't know what happened here, or I am blind. Anyway, glad she is still good to go.

@Skeilah - March 5 - Bryon is doing really well as a Spellcaster. Poor Johnny is the "spell" guinea pig. And Johnny at the end of the duels, flat on the ground "I'm done with life" that was a funny line. Made me laugh in rl hehehe And then poor Johnny got cursed. Bryon was the dueling champ of the day! Congrats to Bryon. Oh and that was pretty awful of what Morgyn asked Bryon. I loved the "Behind The scenes" shots of teen Isaius. I wonder what will happen there, not that the "good" one is out?

@Kanindota - Day 63 - Oh my gosh River sets his tv on fire. I love that expression on River's face when the fire starts, like...um...this is the spell I got? Okay, I know what that spell means now. Ugh! lol! But, River is handy with the fire extinguisher so the place doesn't burn to the ground. Next spell...

@permanentrose - Day 64 - Is Jules living off-the-grid, is that why her phone isn't working? I'm glad that she decided to have Lydia come with her to the doctor's apptmt, and doesn't Jules look just so miserable in the waiting room. Poor Jules. But Jules seemed to be better after she knew for sure she was preggers. And glad that Jules can do some exercise. I am not sure, but I think that pregnant sims can also play basketball. Ahhh...and she hung up the ultrasound photo of her new little nooboo. Sweet. That was a very caring chapter, and the expression on Jules' face before she found out for sure...that was a really good shot, filled with all the anxiety, stress and worries of the what ifs in Jules life. I also loved the therapy dog that was in the waiting room :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top