Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What was the last film you saw?

Comments

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Practical Magic, and a little bit My Fair Lady.
  • TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member
    Apostle Peter & the Last Supper
    edited February 2021
    I didn't watch all of it because I've seen so many times over the years, but I did watch part of it. It was James Bond 007's The Man With The Golden Gun. One of the parts of The Man With The Golden Gun that I did catch was with the JW character in it. The JW character is from James Bond 007's Live and Let Die.
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Dirty Dancing. I don't understand the appeal.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • RumorzzRumorzz Posts: 9 New Member
    I just tried watching the movie, "Son" today, and... it was pretty weird. It's a horror movie, and I stopped halfway through because it was some freaky cult stuff. I don't even mean the fun freaky, I mean the FREAKY freaky. It was interesting to say the least, and I'm not sure what woulda happened if I continued watching it.
    Clancy
  • chonk_floofchonk_floof Posts: 36 Member
    Uhh... Star Wars :D
    Whatever you are doing, always put 100% into it. Unless it's a blood donation.
    The Ten Commandments
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I watched "Yesterday" the Beatles movie. I think its really great
    edited March 2021
    Watched a little bit of Roman Holiday and a little bit of Max Cloud. Max Cloud in my op is a weird movie. So I didn't watch all of it.
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Paddington. I paused it several times. Dull kids movie.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    His House on Netflix. Matt Smith was in it so it made me happy but it was also a pretty good movie. Did I mention Matt Smith?
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
  • Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    I recently saw the "Back to the Future" Movies on Netflix, it's my first time seeing them, and i think they are great
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,767 Member
    Last film I saw was Star Wars: Episode 3. Finally got around to watching the original and prequel trilogies after being barraged with ‘I can’t believe you haven’t watched them yet!’ It was pretty good, but I think I still prefer the original trilogy to the prequels for some reason.
    they/them or she/her
    Murder by Death
  • IvyEvalineIvyEvaline Posts: 17 Member
    In cinema: Avengers Endgame. On PC/ netflix... Kiss The Ground documentary film.
  • firemixtapefiremixtape Posts: 574 Member
    I think it was Dunkirk (2017)
  • Tw1stedAng3lTw1stedAng3l Posts: 49 Member
    Moulin Rouge on YT. Ads were annoying but I do so love that film.
    About me: ☆Mama☆Gamer☆Caffeine Addict☆Artist☆Hopeless Romantic☆Bibliophile (Bookworm)☆Nerd☆Writer☆

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. - Mahatma Ghandi
  • olivetree000olivetree000 Posts: 18 Member
    I’ve just watched the movie Ready Player One and I can recommend it. I really liked the special effects and graphics. The creators managed to convey such an impressive and large-scale virtual world that I wanted to walk along such magnificent streets. The graphics are more like a game, as the virtual world in this film represents the game. These are the stories I like, in this film there is not only great graphics, but also there is a semantic load, intrigue, there is a love line that smoothly flows through the entire film. Everything was enough for me - and the entertainment, the scale of the world of "Oasis", there was fullness and a sense of integrity, and humor did not disappoint. On top of that, I liked the actors' play, everything is organic and appropriate.
  • Charla97Charla97 Posts: 66 Member
    Moana.
  • chele5213chele5213 Posts: 32 Member
    Curse of the Flower Dragon. Royal intrigue and betrayals.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Dirty Dancing. I don't understand the appeal.

I guess it was the chemistry between the lead actors, but the poignant parts about "Baby's" awakening, the complexities of her family life, were all such clear depictions of Mid-20th-Century patriarchy, misogyny, sexism, and white privilege, that I guess it rang true to people who either lived it or remembered the world of those who had.

It could be said to take on tough topics for the time, but unfortunately, it does so in a way that reinforces and romanticizes the very oppressive power structures it so starkly displays.

This is why no one likes to watch movies with me.

Am in the middle of Martin Scorcese's "The Irishman" on Netflix, starring Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, and Joe Pesci .
    It's VERY LONG, like twice the length of a normal movie. And so far, we're a little disappointed. Seems like the plot just doesn't move along well and I'm starting to wonder why it had to be so long if it's so rambly.

https://youtu.be/WHXxVmeGQUc
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Charla97Charla97 Posts: 66 Member
    Frozen 2.
    The Quiet Man
  • olivetree000olivetree000 Posts: 18 Member
    I recently watched the movie "Marley and I" and it really impressed me. I was so imbued with this film. The actors played their roles so vitally that it seemed to me as if everything was happening for real, as if everything was happening to me. The film shows love, true love, man's love for man, man's love for an animal - a strong, friendly seed. Of course, the film is predictable and the ending seemed clear to me at first, but how hard it is to lose a faithful friend, emotions flooded over me in full swing and at the end of the film I cried for a long time.