Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Amazon Challenge: Tribe Isla (3/14)

Comments

• SpectresValkyrieSpectresValkyrie Posts: 317 Member
    Isla went on an unexpected hiatus after my computer needed a full fix. I lost almost everything. Luckily I had a backup of Isla on my laptop. So I spent some time rebuilding things for Isla. Working on some plot stuff for the story. So I have a few chapters in a safe place after the second loss of my work. I am going to try to post at least once a week. So here is week one of Isla updates.
    MlLSxa4.png
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    The way the gem in Antiope's necklace matches her eye color! You did a good job on her outfit.
    My, what a prophecy! :o Now I'm afraid of them :# For who will be the one Mery must lose in order to save her other loved ones. But it seems there might still be a way out because "the Goddess may decide otherwise". Or it's just an even worse fate, who knows.
    Paser's back! Yey! Although this might already be the start of dangerous events. He was banished and knowing him and his enormous patience, he wouldn't return for nothing. Something must have happened already or is about to happen that he knows so he came to warn Mery.
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    @MrsRacooney
    Thank you! I tried to make Antiope's outfit fit her role. Besides giving out warnings about the future that can be interesting to the story.
    Paser's back! Yey! Although this might already be the start of dangerous events. He was banished and knowing him and his enormous patience, he wouldn't return for nothing. Something must have happened already or is about to happen that he knows so he came to warn Mery.

I have missed Paser and I am excited to have him around for the next few chapters. He just might not have the best luck in the world. He just wants to visit his daughter for her upcoming birthday and now he might be involved in another battle.
    ETagn5d.jpg
    Still Within the week! Technically not late be definitely been over seven days since the last chapter. News, updates for Isla will be moved to Bi weekly. I am testing my hand at a new sims story called the Ashmoor Chronicles along side of Tribe Isla. I don't want to burn out with Isla because I love my amazons and don't want to get tired of them. That aside Chapters will be posted any day before Sunday
    mostly due to life and my on again off again obsession with AC Origins and AC Odyssey because they are fun. Bayek is my favorite. He is really neat.

Without Further

A Birthday to Remember
    S20A2cW.png
    ETagn5d.jpg
    Who am I to judge any AC obsession :bawling: I love Cassandra and Alexios but Bayek is best <3

It's brave of Paser to visit Meri for her birthday. He's a good father. And awwww, little pup! Do they already have a name?
    Yuka is right. Meri is beautiful. She always looks like a dream figure with her light hair!
    Whuuuuut!? :o Traitor in their own rows! Okay maybe it isn't so surprising that Marcella's still standing but... I am afraid. For all of Isla. And that Katsumi wrote the letter to consciously lure Paser to Meri's birthday party so they could knock him out in one go with her. Hopefully she was just made believe that the queen did really pardon him and knew of nothing :#
    Who could grandmother be? At first I thought it was Levi's mermaid mother but then again he only called her mother... And why would a mermaid plot together with the Amazon queen.
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Who am I to judge any AC obsession :bawling: I love Cassandra and Alexios but Bayek is best <3

It's brave of Paser to visit Meri for her birthday. He's a good father. And awwww, little pup! Do they already have a name?
    Yuka is right. Meri is beautiful. She always looks like a dream figure with her light hair!
    Whuuuuut!? :o Traitor in their own rows! Okay maybe it isn't so surprising that Marcella's still standing but... I am afraid. For all of Isla. And that Katsumi wrote the letter to consciously lure Paser to Meri's birthday party so they could knock him out in one go with her. Hopefully she was just made believe that the queen did really pardon him and knew of nothing :#
    Who could grandmother be? At first I thought it was Levi's mermaid mother but then again he only called her mother... And why would a mermaid plot together with the Amazon queen.

AC is just so fun and Cassandra and Alexios are great! The games totally don't distract me with their beautiful scenery, great story and interesting characters and total love for their main characters...

Currently the pup is names Anput after one of the Egyptian goddesses of protection and wife of Anubis.

Actually the queens household is also down, along with the temple, and a few places we have seen. The library where scholars train for example. Paser does currently has a full pardon. The new queen is trying to make amends for some or her mothers aggressions but in this case it is too late this affects all amazons in this area.

Mermaids have plotted with amazons before and it did not end well story wise. It could have been Levi's mother but she wouldn't hurt her boy this way. No our mysterious grandmother has been met once before only briefly.

ETagn5d.jpg
    I think every time I make a schedule to post chapters something always keeps me from doing so. Anyway here is a look at what some of our lovely amazon tribe members are up to after last we left off.
    bPfL7gw.png

ETagn5d.jpg
    edited January 2020
    Aaaaaaah! Surprise chapter! Me likes! :scream:

We already know Levi is special in some way, which is confirmed now. And this woman who bought him sure is, too since it can't be so common being able to see into someone's soul :D And we have seen Levi fight... yeah, no wonder he's good at that.
    I'm so glad those two haven't been separated and can support each other! And they've grown up together? Wow, they're way better friends than I was aware of! :o
    LOL for anyone believing Chrysippos a demi-god :D I love him but he's not like Levi, not exactly the muscular adonis you would imagine. However, he surely inherited his mother's good heart and that that is what Levi perceived first and most imortant as a child is both heart-warming and sad... since he can't have experienced it before, then :cry:
    Post edited by MrsRacooney on
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Yes!

I do love surprise chapters! Very much, they are fun.

@MrsRacooney

I hadn't really touched on their relationship much. Mostly they live together and help out when Levi gets into trouble. I had been working and scrapping several ideas. Most of it being them meeting when Demetra was looking for help. I ended up liking them growing up together. It felt like it could touch on a bit of backstory and Levi needed a friend. Not someone he sort of had to force to befriend. Chrysippos felt like a good friendship for Levi. While he isn't a demi-god like Levi first thought he is a very kind-hearted soul. Which Levi needed.

There is now more access to magic in this world. People like the woman who sees into souls are more likely to pop up now.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    I rediscovered this and Chapter Twelve tore my heart.
    @lilypadmeulin I hope the rediscover of Isla was enjoyable, besides the sadness of chapter 12.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Koal96Koal96 Posts: 16 New Member
    Mahina <3
    Hey everyone! It has been a while! If you are still there and waiting for a chapter I can promise it soon! How soon? Maybe a week? I kind of wrote myself into a wall and said ya know what I need some time away and I can fix this! And then a year went by. But Isla isn't finished yet and we still have a story to tell. I hope you all have been doing okay!

ETagn5d.jpg
    @koal96 yes!! Mahina was such a fun and delightful sim. I miss her.
    ETagn5d.jpg
    Hey everyone! It has been a while! If you are still there and waiting for a chapter I can promise it soon! How soon? Maybe a week? I kind of wrote myself into a wall and said ya know what I need some time away and I can fix this! And then a year went by. But Isla isn't finished yet and we still have a story to tell. I hope you all have been doing okay!

YES! :love:
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Welcome back to Isla! We are meeting new faces, catching up with old faces, and picking up where we left off.
    MFP7AZL.png
    ETagn5d.jpg
    Yasssss, chapter! :bawling:
    Nobody can be mad at Alkyone, right? Otrere is but small and there has been a war from which Alkyone has protected her tribe. It's a heavy burden to be responsible for the life or death of so many people. She has surely made tough decisions and I would bet that locking the stranger away has not been the hardest of them. However, it couldn't have hurt to give her a little more than just bread but I guess if you're still expecting someone to appear in Otrere and demand them to hand over the prisoner for them to kill, you can't make sure enough that you don't make enemies.
    I hope Pythia is really, really sure about what she's doing since she's basically acting against her queen's will :#
    Btw, Otrere is a beautiful tribe! Such a nicely planted meditation spot! :smiley:
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Nobody can be mad at Alkyone, right? Otrere is but small and there has been a war from which Alkyone has protected her tribe. It's a heavy burden to be responsible for the life or death of so many people. She has surely made tough decisions and I would bet that locking the stranger away has not been the hardest of them. However, it couldn't have hurt to give her a little more than just bread but I guess if you're still expecting someone to appear in Otrere and demand them to hand over the prisoner for them to kill, you can't make sure enough that you don't make enemies.
    I hope Pythia is really, really sure about what she's doing since she's basically acting against her queen's will :#
    Btw, Otrere is a beautiful tribe! Such a nicely planted meditation spot! :smiley:

Isla is back with some new chapters or some more new chapters in the works :smiley:

I honestly don't think I could blame Alkyone. She has been through a lot in her 20 something years in charge of Otrere. She is going to do what she thinks is best for her small tribe. I mean she can hope it isn't like someone important sent by the "new queen". But what could be held against her? A stranger showed up and with all the other tribes going silent I wanted to be safe. It's a predicament to be sure.

Pythia has Alkyone and Otrere's best interests in mind but still she is going against her creator's ruling so...she is in a spot. Hopefully the reasoning works out for her and Alkyone will see her point of view.

Thank you! :blush: It took a while to get just right! I worried that there are too many plants but you can never have too many plants. :smile:
    The meditation spot is one of my favorite spots in Otrere. It's a calm little corner away from the busy areas of the main settlement.
    ETagn5d.jpg

Isla is back with some new chapters or some more new chapters in the works :smiley:

I honestly don't think I could blame Alkyone. She has been through a lot in her 20 something years in charge of Otrere. She is going to do what she thinks is best for her small tribe. I mean she can hope it isn't like someone important sent by the "new queen". But what could be held against her? A stranger showed up and with all the other tribes going silent I wanted to be safe. It's a predicament to be sure.

Pythia has Alkyone and Otrere's best interests in mind but still she is going against her creator's ruling so...she is in a spot. Hopefully the reasoning works out for her and Alkyone will see her point of view.

Thank you! :blush: It took a while to get just right! I worried that there are too many plants but you can never have too many plants. :smile:
    The meditation spot is one of my favorite spots in Otrere. It's a calm little corner away from the busy areas of the main settlement.

I do have a question, you say Alkyone is in her 20s but in the chapter it says that she's been queen for a decade? She must have been a very young queen, then. Even though that would probably not be so uncommon for Amazons if their queens just keep dying in war or so lol :D
    Yeah! You can never have enough plants :smiley:
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26

I do have a question, you say Alkyone is in her 20s but in the chapter it says that she's been queen for a decade? She must have been a very young queen, then. Even though that would probably not be so uncommon for Amazons if their queens just keep dying in war or so lol :D
    Yeah! You can never have enough plants :smiley:

Alkyone is in her late 20s, like 29-ish and became creator at the end of her teen years due to her mother's untimely passing. Which honestly is probably a lot of anyone to deal with. She has been in charge of Otrere for a bit over a decade.
    ETagn5d.jpg
    New chapter time, they are kind of short but they are leading up to some new changes for Isla. Enjoy!
    qMndldo.png?1
    ETagn5d.jpg
    Aaaaah, nice to see Meri again at last! I'm glad she seems to be doing well indeed, although she misses her tribe members - of course. How could she not :disappointed:
    I really liked the way Pythia acted toward Meri. She gave her the impression that she was fair, but not naive or indecisive. She made her priorities very clear, which was her tribe before Meri (much like Alkyone). I understand why Alkyone and her trust each other, they're very much alike in their beliefs and intentions, if not in the ways they use to achieve them :wink:
    Aw, man, Levi and Chrysippos. I really wonder what became of them, they've been my favorites since Levi's retrospect from the fighting pits. (And maybe I'm a little biased about Chrysippos, too :wink: )
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Aaaaah, nice to see Meri again at last! I'm glad she seems to be doing well indeed, although she misses her tribe members - of course. How could she not :disappointed:
    I really liked the way Pythia acted toward Meri. She gave her the impression that she was fair, but not naive or indecisive. She made her priorities very clear, which was her tribe before Meri (much like Alkyone). I understand why Alkyone and her trust each other, they're very much alike in their beliefs and intentions, if not in the ways they use to achieve them :wink:
    Aw, man, Levi and Chrysippos. I really wonder what became of them, they've been my favorites since Levi's retrospect from the fighting pits. (And maybe I'm a little biased about Chrysippos, too :wink: )

Otrere is her home. While she is an outgoing person when she can be, Pythia's first and foremost priority is the safety of Otrere. While she and Alkyone are very much alike they, have different ways to approach the situation. One more straight forward and the other more cold and cautious.

I miss the rest of Isla too. Well most of them. They are scattered around different areas. Most are in the Pit. Others have disappeared or lost their fights in the pit. Well one did....but that's for another time.

I don't blame the bias of Chrysippos (or Levi). They are my favorites from any generation. Well them and Mahina. And they are so fun to write about, currently have a few chapter I want to write from their point of view but that's down the line.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    I really enjoyed this chapter. Poor Meri, and the rest, all in such rough situations.
    I really enjoyed this chapter. Poor Meri, and the rest, all in such rough situations.

I'm glad you enjoyed it!! I kind of feel bad for this generation trio. They can't seem to catch a break.
    ETagn5d.jpg