Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Beatrice's Legacy - 1.28 Last update: 5th April

I've been writing this legacy for a few weeks now. Beatrice is actually one of the sims in the fifth generation of my legacy, though not the heir, but she is the heir of generation 1 in her own legacy. The story begins in a wintry Newcrest, set after Winterfest. Here's Beatrice's profile:
beatriceharms.png

You can start reading Chapter 1 here, or, if you've already read it, click here for the contents page.

The rules I'll be following are as they are set below. They are also on the Rules page

• No points system. This legacy is for fun and I cannot be bothered to try and keep a score.

• No specified starting funds. I have had this legacy for a while now so all the money they have has been worked for. Any money inherited from parents or from marriage may be kept.

• When the current generation’s children age up to teens, I will hold an heir poll or choose/randomise the heir myself. The winner will be announced soon after that. If they die before having children, another poll will take place or I will randomise a new heir from the closest surviving relatives.

I am aiming to publish at least one new chapter every week. Any updates on that will appear here, as well as on the Updates page on the site, so check back for news. Some pictures from the story so far:

12-29-20_10-49-10c2a0am1506167068894730745..jpg

screenshot2021-01-12150051.png

01-11-21_5-20-30c2a0pm.png

Any comments or feedback would be welcomed. Visit the contact page on the site or comment on the individual posts/the thread here to do so. If you discover any broken links, please report them here or on the contact page so I can fix them quickly.

I think that's all for now, but, as I said earlier, any news or updates will appear here.
Post edited by JamesSims528 on

Comments

• JamesSims528JamesSims528 Posts: 151 Member
    There won't be any more new chapters this week, but chapter 17 will be out on Monday.
    Accidentally just published an unfinished chapter 18 😁. Sorry to those who received an excerpt by email from following the site, but I hope you enjoy the spoiler. 🙂
    edited March 2021
    Chapter 1.17, Birthday, is out! Read it here.
    01-26-21_5-10-08-pm.png

Today is Sunday. Today is the first day of fall. It is also New Skills Day. And last, but hopefully not least, it's my birthday. Today is my official birthday, when I'm going to become an adult.

Chapter 1.18 will be out on Wednesday
    edited March 2021
    Chapter 1.18, Issues, is out! Read it here.
    beaandalicia.png

I carried Alicia from the car to the house. I had just returned from work and picked her up from daycare on the way home. She's so calm and sweet, I was glad she hasn't got too troublesome yet.

Chapter 1.19 will be out on Friday
    edited March 2021
    Chapter 1.19, Storm, is out! Read it here.
    01-30-21_4-27-11-pm.png?w=1024

I was working on a new story in my office at The SimCity Chronicle’s office block. My phone rang, it was the boys’ school.

Chapter 1.20 will be out on Monday
    edited March 2021
    Update: 5th February. Posting three new chapters every week has a proved a challenging task. Since I'm writing longer chapters now too, I'm quite surprised that I've (mostly) managed to keep up. However, I have decided to stop doing this. I am aiming to get one or two chapters out each week, which I don't think will be too difficult. This is not a definite plan, things will probably change, and as usual, updates will appear here.

Thanks, James
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    I've been enjoying the story so far. Your sims look nice.

Thanks, I've been enjoying your story too 🙂
    edited March 2021
    Chapter 1.20, Harvestfest, is out! Read it here.
    02-02-21_5-01-51-pm.png?w=1024

When special annual holidays come round, they remind me of the holidays with my parents when I was a kid. This years’ Harvestfest reminded me of the year Dad tried to cook a grand breakfast for everyone. It didn’t go well, and he ended up burning the oven.
    @JamesSims528
    The children are adorable.

Yes, and Owen and Elijah are still cute. I usually find that kids look really weird when they become children. Alicia's going to become a child soon as well, and I'm hoping she'll still be as adorable as she is when she's a toddler.
    edited March 2021
    Chapter 1.21, Wedding Ready, is out! Read it here.
    02-04-21_5-47-38-pm.png

Cayden was carrying Alicia, Owen was looking out for Abraham, and Elijah was following us behind, 'acting cool'. Just as we were about to enter the main building, Meghan appeared from the toilets. She looked anxious and signalled for me to come to her. I shrugged to Cayden's enquiring glance and followed her into the toilets.
    edited March 2021
    Chapter 1.22, Children, is out! Read it here.
    rg12nwh.png?w=1024

Owen and Elijah’s birthday is going to be in two month’s time. We’ve booked a weekend in Granite Falls to celebrate it. When I was younger, my parents took me and my siblings there every couple of years over the summer. It’s nearly winter though, but it is supposed to be quite pretty when it’s snowing, which I hope it will.
    Coming up on Beatrice's Legacy:
    Family time
    Skill building
    Disaster...

02-12-21_5-10-32-pm.png?w=1024
    edited March 2021
    Chapter 1.23, Family, is out! Read it here.
    02-08-21_5-40-10-pm.png

After us missing Alicia’s birthday, Cayden and I extended her birthday present. Instead of just the science table for her present and a bit of redecorating, we offered to redo the whole room. Alicia was fine with most of the current furnishings, but needed a new bed. She wanted the wall decals taken down down and the room repainted, and we acceded to her request. While Cayden and I sorted out the room, she went to play chess.
    Coming up on Beatrice's Legacy:
    Disaster
    A Special Visitor
    Birthdays

02-12-21_5-10-32-pm.png?w=1024
    edited March 2021
    Chapter 1.24, Disaster Strikes, is out! Read it here.
    02-12-21_5-10-32-pm-1.png?w=1024

It was Wednesday, Cayden’s day off. I got up and ready to go out. After showering and dressing, I went to check the weather forecast for the day. It was warm and sunny at the moment, but supposed to turn quite miserable in the next hour.
    edited March 2021
    I've just got round to updating the characters page (may contain spoilers if you are not up to date) following chapter 1.24.
    Note: the spoiler is a spoiler for a reason :smile:.
    cayden-harms-dead.png
    edited March 2021
    Chapter 1.25, Recovering, is out! Read it here.
    02-20-21_3-51-09-pm.png?w=1024

After Cayden died in the middle of the kitchen everyone went to bed. They didn’t do much all day – mostly just ate and slept. Everyone skipped school and work because they were too sad to care about it.
    @JamesSims528
    This is a sad chapter.
    Yeah, it is. When I was playing, Beatrice picked up flirty, happy and inspired moodlets. Sadly, all of them expired within a few minutes of Cayden leaving :cry:. Hopefully things will start to improve, and maybe Beatrice won't be moping around all day, as she is currently.

Apparently this post is too short, so I'm gonna write this and see if this fixes it
    edited March 2021
    Chapter 1.26, Preparations, is out! Read it here.
    snowy-log-cabin.jpg

I swung my legs out of the bed. As I’ve been doing every day since Cayden died, I got out on Cayden’s side of the bed. I stood up, looking at what my eyes had caught on when I woke up – our wedding photo, well, one of them.
    edited March 2021
    Coming up on Beatrice’s Legacy:
    Teenagers
    Winterfest
    Special Visitors
    edited March 2021
    Chapter 1.27, Twins, is out! Read it here.
    yet-again-eating-cake.jpg?w=1024

The first thing the children did when they went outside was to make snow angels. They rushed outside and lay down in the fresh snow, disturbing the smooth layer that had just fallen. After I had finished the boys’ cake, I went out to join them.