Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bust the Dust Kit complaints

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    After watching Carl's review of the Bust the Dust they did seem to put a lot of gameplay in the pack, but I still say that traits in this game should matter and not all Sims should be able to level up in some cases because of their traits. When are traits going to matter in this game?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I read somewhere in this thread about commercial lots getting dusty.... and so far I haven't seen it. I've made a wandering sim with an always welcome trait. I wanted him to be a handy man, all purpose helper. He's overnighted in a few homes and they don't get dusty... but he can vacuum with the handheld vac and also if he sets out his upright vacuum. I've been at Oasis Springs park for 2 days now (trying to clean up kid messes for part of the aspiration) and so far it hasn't gotten dusty.
    I'm actually kind of disappointed that sim houses you visit don't get dusty, but then again I can see where it could get out of hand. So I guess that's my complaint. I'd still like to see if other venues types get dusty, I haven't checked them all.
    egTcBMc.png
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited March 2021
    Zero already has a bunch of mods on their patreon page for most of these complaints. I downloaded almost all of them. :D
  • jennlynhjennlynh Posts: 41 Member
    I don't know if you guys know this but I found out from a Deli youtube. Dust bunnies can make you a lot of money. I had one find over $500 in about 15 minutes last night. The more dust bunnies the higher the payout LOL
    jennlynh wrote: »
    I don't know if you guys know this but I found out from a Deli youtube. Dust bunnies can make you a lot of money. I had one find over $500 in about 15 minutes last night. The more dust bunnies the higher the payout LOL

I don’t like this. It’s nice for people that do but I wish they had given us the option to turn it off. I’ve downloaded Zero’s mod to remove it. Sims already make way to much money to fast in the Sims 4.
  • jennlynhjennlynh Posts: 41 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

I don’t like this. It’s nice for people that do but I wish they had given us the option to turn it off. I’ve downloaded Zero’s mod to remove it. Sims already make way to much money to fast in the Sims 4.

Yeah that's true I didn't think about that. I tend to cheat with MCC Command Center with money, so I was trying to play "straight and narrow". I see what you are saying though.

• sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    I completely agree with the sparkles and Sims putting the vacuum in their inventory after using it. I'm also surprised at how fast the house gets dirty. I don't quite like how the entire floor changes as opposed to just dust spots. I'm fine with Sims vacuuming one spot and the entire floor getting clean though. I don't need more things that take up half a Sim day haha
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

A dust bunny farm would be fun. I would keep them in a shed outside. :lol:
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I think the pack looks way too childish.
    For people who want realism, how can you stand having actual, living, breathing dust bunnies popping up everywhere? And the whole talking with dust bunnies and giving them gifts is just weird.
    I think it would have been better if it were JUST dust, and no fantasy dust bunnies.
    I can't imagine players who wanted realism are happy with cutesy dust bunnies popping up everywhere.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    For people who want realism, how can you stand having actual, living, breathing dust bunnies popping up everywhere? And the whole talking with dust bunnies and giving them gifts is just weird.
    I think it would have been better if it were JUST dust, and no fantasy dust bunnies.
    I can't imagine players who wanted realism are happy with cutesy dust bunnies popping up everywhere.

I wonder if we’ll get a mod that removes the dust bunnies completely but keeps the dust.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

I know and I like this as non-committal sims in my game never have a job so this will be a handy income. Think of it as unemployed on benefits.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited March 2021
    @Chazzzy Zero has already made several mods for the dust kit, including one that remove the bunnies. I was checking them out because I wanted a mod for the autonomy, and they already made a ton of them, even though they didn't like the kit, now that's dedication to modding!
    It's very nice knowing that if I get tired or annoyed of something in particular, there's likely a mod for it heh.
    Thanks @Sharonia for mentioning that there were mods so I went looking for them. :D
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    After watching Carl's review of the Bust the Dust they did seem to put a lot of gameplay in the pack, but I still say that traits in this game should matter and not all Sims should be able to level up in some cases because of their traits. When are traits going to matter in this game?

My neat, and squeamish sims are skeeved out by the dust and do clean autonomously after I direct them one or to times. My lazy and slob sims couldn’t care less about it and are perfectly willing to ignore it until the bunnies morph into fiends and then potentially spontaneously combust. Neat sims don’t lose fun when they clean, but lazy and slob sims do...fast and I have to make them do it. I don’t find it that onerous to live drag a vac out of my sims inventory into the house once they finish with it. But if you want them to use it autonomously then it needs to be in their inventory.

I have been playing in brand new vanilla game. Meaning, I pulled my regular Sims folder out, generated a brand new one and started a new save so I can really determine through gameplay what’s a glitch and what’s just a feature without any interference from mods or risk of removed mods having corrupted the save. So far I have basically been playing the kit for two days straight and having a blast. Probably tomorrow I will put my mods back slowly and see if I start having any issues and if I do that mod will be history because right now I am enjoying this kit too much to let anything interfere with it.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Thanks @Sharonia @Aine I will definitely be downloading them all! :D
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    @Hermitgirl I'm relieved to hear that the commercial lots might not get dusty after all :smile: It really made me consider whether I want to have this kit since I sometimes like to play wandering sims and it might get difficult if they stayed somewhere for a longer time and had to clean there too.
    calaprfy wrote: »
    • With dust effects switched off, the game defaults to a clean status and sims constantly have positive moodlets. So you get the benefits of having a clean house without the effort.
    Do they get positive moodlets without doing anything?
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited March 2021
    calaprfy wrote: »
    • With dust effects switched off, the game defaults to a clean status and sims constantly have positive moodlets. So you get the benefits of having a clean house without the effort. Sim was constantly inspired.

As someone who plays with a less smiling mod and dislikes sims being just happy overall... this sounds like the worst to me :D

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited March 2021
    You don't even have to ask the bunnies for "treasure" all though that will award more money. As my sims sleep, more dust bunnies appear and sims make bank. I'm just letting my newly weds enjoy the extra cash until I mod it out or EA nerfs it. :D But it is annoying and makes money even easier than before.

James Turner is right... You really can do a Rags to Riches challenge with this OP feature. lol

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member

So do they find you items and money even if you don't ask them to?
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

I haven't this happening in my game so far but i can't confirm it doesn't happen. I try to step on the bunnies as soon as i see them though 😅
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Oh @telmarina how could you? :D:D:D>:)

I do wish they made a squishy mess when you stepped on them, that would be so much more fun :D

I don't know about items but random money was being added to my total every now and then.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Oh @telmarina how could you? :D:D:D>:)

I do wish they made a squishy mess when you stepped on them, that would be so much more fun :D

i...i don't know... but i find it funny to step on them... please don't hate me hahah
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    @haisin @logion

After playing several sim days with my slob sim, I switched off the dust effects and rotated to my next household. What I found was that the game kept rewarding my sims with an inspired moodlet for keeping the home dust-free (even though there was no dust to clean up because it was switched off!). But then one of them cleaned a sink and gained an angry moodlet from it being dirty. Basically the game is forcing you to keep the dust effects turned on otherwise you're going to get moodlets that don't make sense.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

I think you have to ask, one of mine found my struggling family of 5 the gold Aztec calendar plate thing from Jungle Adventure which bailed them out of a tight spot. But now they’re almost broke again. :D
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    I think the dust bunnies are immersion breaking. Also I might want to play with them with some of my sims, after all, a spellcaster could have brought their dust bunnies to life, but for my regular non-magical sims it's just so weird. I wish we could toggle them off.
    bixters wrote: »