Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So... KITS are OVERPRICED!

Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
edited March 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
The new dlc type known as kits are as expected a litte overpriced. They are basically a stuff pack divide in three categories (Gameplay, Build/buy and Cas). A Stuff pack usually costs an equivalent of 10 US dollars and the kits cost 5? Getting the three packs is like getting a Stuff pack but it costs 15 US dollars... The packs should be at leas 3 dollars!

Also, people used to complain about TS3 store because it was overpriced (I agree) but it turns out that as any other pack type in TS3 it has more content! Lets compare two kitchen sets:

R33fE9K.jpg

VS

0of3AfN.jpg

So, we can see that the price is the same (TS3 is converted in simpoints) and TS3 offers more content. While in TS4 we only get a stove and fridge (objects with gameplay interactions), in TS3 we get a coffee machine, dishwasher, microwave and a food processor in addition to the stove and the fridge.
Do to TS3 "nature" we are not stucked with 6-10 swatches like in TS4.

In conlusion, the KITS may be a nice idea but it is overpriced and by that I'm a little bit disappointed!

Comments

• DNvoxxDNvoxx Posts: 5 New Member
    We cannot expect anything less from EA,I have not seen anything in the kits I want to spend £5 ( UK price) on.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Bb and cas kits are overpriced. I won't be buying any, as long as it doesn't fit a theme i really really want. Gameplay kits, as long as they keep adding as much gameplay as the dust one does, feel like a fair price imo.
  • Kittie885Kittie885 Posts: 94 Member
    I disagree. When they were first announced I said to myself "if they charge anything more than 5 dollars for them we've got a problem." Guess what, they were released as roughly 5 dollars (4.99 for me) so I was very pleased!

The kit I bought was the bust the dust one, and not only does it add a handful of objects to the game but, for me at least, a LOT of gameplay. I payed not just for the objects, but the gameplay as well. I'm very happy with the price.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    I feel like with both kits and TS3 Store, these kinds of things are only meant for those who want them. So if you don’t think they’re for you, let this who want them enjoy them.

Personally, I think you can find Mods and CC that look better and offer more gameplay that the things in these packs. But to each their own.
  • caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    edited March 2021
    I kinda agree and disagree at the same time :lol:. In The Sims 4 each cabinet, counter and island has like 8 variants while in The Sims 3 they were separate objects...
    I think the Store is worse but the Kits are still overpriced to me. :neutral:
    he/him
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    You had to use Bayside as an example I'd gladly pay 3 times the Kit price for a Bayside set - per room! :D
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited March 2021
    As much as I’m feeling the new vibes I get from the Bust the Dust Kit, it doesn’t feel like it’s worth half the price of a Stuff Pack.I think they chose $5 because it’s a number people could understand from a marketing standpoint. $3 would be odd for some.
  • writer21098writer21098 Posts: 19 Member
    THEY ARE NOT WORTH THE PRICE...5 dollars is a rob.
  • Snookie_MonsterSnookie_Monster Posts: 1 New Member
    Just to give an idea on the price, if we're to use The Sims 4 pricing as an example, as opposed to Sims 3. For (currently) 15$USD you get : Some CAS (23 items, some of which are reskins, yet again) ; Some Build Item (20, if we're to count the Dust Stuff and Kitchen Stuff in 1); Some gameplay (One, the dust stuff)...Oh, so like those 10$USD Stuff Packs that already exist?? They've also been doing a better job at making the stuff packs feel packed and alive.

If we take for instance the latest stuff pack, Paranormal, we have : 32 CAS Item, some of which are repeats because adults to kids reskin, etc. 40 Build Mode items, and a pretty big gameplay feature (haunted house, in relation to hauntings, in relation to a new job) All that for 10$USD.

How is 5$USD worth it? For 15$USD, currently, I literally get less out of everything than a Stuff Pack. The idea of being able to pick and choose what you want is really, really nice, I'm not saying it isn't but jfc that is not something that should cost more than the previously cheaper option.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited March 2021
    Renato10 wrote: »
    The new dlc type known as kits are as expected a litte overpriced. They are basically a stuff pack divide in three categories (Gameplay, Build/buy and Cas). A Stuff pack usually costs an equivalent of 10 US dollars and the kits cost 5? Getting the three packs is like getting a Stuff pack but it costs 15 US dollars... The packs should be at leas 3 dollars!

Also, people used to complain about TS3 store because it was overpriced (I agree) but it turns out that as any other pack type in TS3 it has more content! Lets compare two kitchen sets:

R33fE9K.jpg

VS

0of3AfN.jpg

So, we can see that the price is the same (TS3 is converted in simpoints) and TS3 offers more content. While in TS4 we only get a stove and fridge (objects with gameplay interactions), in TS3 we get a coffee machine, dishwasher, microwave and a food processor in addition to the stove and the fridge.

In conlusion, the KITS may be a nice idea but it is overpriced and by that I'm a little bit disappointed!

While the kits may be overpriced, I think in this instance, we are getting about the same amount of items. Someone who has the kit, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there more counter and cabinet pieces that are available when you open the items in build/buy whereas in the TS3 set, they have each one shown?
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • winterdaywinterday Posts: 16 Member
    I can see why people say they're overpriced, but they have to make their money.. I think that the kits were a great idea and add some cool things to the game! A win in my book
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »

R33fE9K.jpg

VS

0of3AfN.jpg

While the kits may be overpriced, I think in this instance, we are getting about the same amount of items. Someone who has the kit, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there more counter and cabinet pieces that are available when you open the items in build/buy whereas in the TS3 set, they have each one shown?

But I mentioned more objects with interactions. Big part of those pieces are just decoration.
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    edited March 2021
    Just to give an idea on the price, if we're to use The Sims 4 pricing as an example, as opposed to Sims 3. For (currently) 15$USD you get : Some CAS (23 items, some of which are reskins, yet again) ; Some Build Item (20, if we're to count the Dust Stuff and Kitchen Stuff in 1); Some gameplay (One, the dust stuff)...Oh, so like those 10$USD Stuff Packs that already exist?? They've also been doing a better job at making the stuff packs feel packed and alive.

If we take for instance the latest stuff pack, Paranormal, we have : 32 CAS Item, some of which are repeats because adults to kids reskin, etc. 40 Build Mode items, and a pretty big gameplay feature (haunted house, in relation to hauntings, in relation to a new job) All that for 10$USD.

How is 5$USD worth it? For 15$USD, currently, I literally get less out of everything than a Stuff Pack. The idea of being able to pick and choose what you want is really, really nice, I'm not saying it isn't but jfc that is not something that should cost more than the previously cheaper option.

Exactly. Every Stuff pack offers more than this kits in general. If it was 3$ would've be much more easily to understand.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »

R33fE9K.jpg

VS

0of3AfN.jpg

I just pulled out the 19 counter, island and cabinet pieces 16 of which aren't shown in the ad... well in comparision to the Sims 3 ad anyway. Although maybe there were more that wasn't shown in that ad? Personally I'm happy to have the set in my game and 5 dollars doesn't seem too much for me. I especially love the Fridge, Sink and Stove though.. they are very different from the ones we have gotten previously and will be great for making an old fashioned country style kitchen, which is something I have wanted.
    YT4A80l.png
    u5X4Sau.png
    egTcBMc.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,805 Member
    I mentioned this in another post which also used the Bayside Set as a comparison to the Country Kitchen set. When first released the Bayside set cost $11.75.
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    This just proves the point.
    These are not original prices. Like most games after a while the older games cost less after there is newer game. Most games cost a lot less when there is new version/ they don't activly update it.
    This is really a problem here since most don't feel to remember what updates, problems and original prices sims had.
    Like update for sims 2 where you had to buy expansion to get ability to stack same items in inventory, paint pool walls etc were part of an update where you had to buy pack. It was listed there with that pack by mini info book that you get when you bought the game in retailstore.

11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    edited March 2021
    And when sims 3 was still the newest sims game, 1e = 100 simspoint. (Nowdays it cheaper in origin) edit woops it was really first 12e = 1000 simpoints. So over 1e to get 100 points
    So you had use same amout that you use sims 4 kit than you would have to buy 1 nursery table in sims 3.

https://simscommunity.info/2014/07/25/the-sims-3-store-new-best-sellers-page/

There is some older prices sims 3 had.
    Post edited by Charlotta11 on
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited March 2021
    No!! A Vacuuming animation, some dust blobs that speak and two aspirations that are just checklists and require zero time to make are A LOOOOOT of content. Do you not see the posibilities?!
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I think you can make a point about them being overpriced in your opinion without comparing to the store since it seems some prices might have changed. I would not agree with these kits getting high prices just because they did the same for some store sets, anyway. It seems like to some people online it is becoming yet another your favorite iteration vs my favorite, and thus adding more bias to opinions.
    Like, what is even the point in fighting over which one has worse prices? lol.

Anyway, i am going to compare these kits to what i feel is the equivalent to half a stuff pack instead. I feel like the cas one is a little lacking and does not offer as much. Does it seem to offer half what a stuff pack does? I personally feel it does not and it should have more items but that is still just my opinion.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited March 2021
    For the first time, I am able to buy a pack a few minutes after it released. I’m quite satisfied with the Dust Kit as it’s added a new gameplay to my game. TBF, not everyone can afford to buy the other packs even after discounted. I’ve waited for years to slowly bought the packs. I’ve waited for sales & saving for packs that I want. Yes, it’s very expensive for me, because I have to pay the exchange rate & tax.

For some, it may not worth it, & I totally understand. Yet, there’s a few of us that can’t afford to experience the enjoyment getting a new pack soon after it’s released. But now, we can actually afford to buy some add on & enjoy the pack without having to wait for weeks, months, or years.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Since I have been seeing this comparison a lot, I decided to look into Sims 3 store prices and assuming they're updated, this is what I discovered.
    (Cross posted on Twitter for ease of reading.)