Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Renovate My House...

Comments

• icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    @nali272 I can't believe I missed that! Thank you!!
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    You’re welcome @JosieAnglin ! I’m glad you found it useful.
  • nali272nali272 Posts: 432 Member
    @icanhassims , no worries at all!
    Try my challenge - make these builds better. (star the page for notifications)
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    Origin ID: icanhassims
    Link to the gallery: Lamb Remodel
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Sure!
    Link to more photo/slideshow: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/lamb-remodel.html
    Leftover funds: 6,761
    Construction Notes:
    Interior
    • Removed small bathroom on first floor as you could see right into from the second floor. Talk about privacy violations!
    • Living room cut up into larger bathroom and office space, in addition to entertainment area
    • Small room off entranceway converted into small laundry room
    • Kitchen expanded into what was previously the pantry area
    • Second floor completely gutted and re-done to accommodate three bedrooms with attached bathrooms while still maintaining play space without all the nooks and crannies
    • Added stairs up to the third floor which was cleaned out and made into a luxurious master bedroom and bath.
    • Installed a fireplace as a romantic spot to rest for the couple and to get away from the kids when the adopt them. This, of course, necessitated a chimney which was added to the roof.
    • All wood floors refinished and rest of floors pulled up and replaced. Also updated all walls.

Exterior
    • Exterior of house kept as is to respect clients’ desire for minimal change
    • Removed all landscaping. That was a workout! We ended up hiring a neighbor kid to mow the overgrown lawn.
    • Extended the porches in the front and back, extending the roof in the back to cover the addition.
    • Traded in the truck for a more family friendly car

Pictures:
    lamb-remodel_orig.jpg

Other sides of the build: (3 photos)
    03-02-21-8-19-16-pm.png
    03-02-21-8-19-25-pm.png
    03-02-21-8-19-33-pm.png

Top-down views: (3 photos)
    03-02-21-8-17-45-pm.png
    03-02-21-8-17-50-pm.png
    03-02-21-8-17-54-pm.png

Random screenshots: (5 photos)
    03-02-21-7-59-27-pm.png
    03-02-21-8-01-04-pm.png
    03-02-21-8-02-11-pm.png
    03-02-21-8-04-40-pm.png
    03-02-21-8-09-48-pm.png
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    RENOVATE MY HOUSE... #RMHLamb
    Origin ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    Gallery: Dutch Colonial
    Slideshow: Album
    Do you want feedback? Yes Please
    Amount of funds used: $ 68,103. Original house cost $59,443. Gallery Cost $127,546
    Construction Notes : We Refreshed the façade. Kept the Exterior style as Dutch Colonial. Manicured the grass and planted simple shrubbery. Including a Cherry tree in the yard. We extend the porch to the length of the house and made it covered. Created a laundry room.An office and a Craft room. The attic has been converted into a primary bedroom suite. On the second floor we created an entry to the attic with stairs. There are Now 2 children's bedrooms & a Nursery on the second floor. 2 bathrooms on the second floor. Space was made on the second floor for the kids to hang.. And we Converted the garage into a home gym.

155932965_2954065584813513_858508705736674423_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=DWiigSH8P9sAX93VLJ2&_nc_ht=scontent-bos3-1.xx&oh=3753fa5ac903a52098f8c56cfc94befd&oe=606348BF
    156141784_2954065998146805_4608955626593821340_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=hmfKXrKQ5EsAX9pZQ2k&_nc_ht=scontent-bos3-1.xx&oh=5ca8fed6f3c3ba2130aff81eeb635396&oe=60665D06155232476_2954066648146740_1620547857543397148_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=xh5jJT8qgZsAX8mzeE-&_nc_ht=scontent-bos3-1.xx&oh=92c7987b291d45aaaf8a31d75ebb6c36&oe=6065EB1B155826184_2954086654811406_1576268920825202881_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=BkrQZQdwzKQAX81_-zX&_nc_ht=scontent-bos3-1.xx&oh=29971012e9d18feb4df74564d0fce934&oe=6063F745155825080_2954087118144693_1443125249555617086_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=3FMxG0bSetoAX_vuuLF&_nc_ht=scontent-bos3-1.xx&oh=a7f714207949b1fbab75cf259b8f1b3f&oe=606506B0155288818_2954087521477986_9157148610938246959_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=ftnAklB0SvAAX-TPRKG&_nc_ht=scontent-bos3-1.xx&oh=3b997b498a51021114089ba2d5866e82&oe=606334A4

edited March 2021
    The RMHLAMB request is now closed.

@JosieAnglin The Lamb's great aunt would be thrilled that you did not change the exterior of her home. Nice clean up of the yard. Leaving the vines is a nice touch. The birdbath will bring a nice ambiance for the ears outside. The future Lamb children will enjoy the playground in the backyard. The garage converted gym is wonderful. It will get a lot of use. Now for the interior, great job…had to look at the before pictures…lol. I like the detail of placing the rugs slightly off balance. The kitchen is bigger and better, a nice homage to the old layout using the wallpaper behind the stove! The dining room is bright enough to make sure your morning starts off right. The office/living room has nice separation but not. All of the décor choices are just what the Lamb's needed. Beautiful full bath on the 1st floor. Get execution of the stair relocation, and addition of one to the 3rd floor. On the second floor, the children will love the open play space and the ability to have privacy in their own rooms. Adorable nursery. Great laundry room, the Lambs thank you. In the primary room reading nook is a restful place to read a book, when not watching dancing flames in that fireplace, or cuddling up to watch a movie on the TV. The bathroom is perfect for the 2 of them. They really love their getaway nest in the attic space, you had added a kitchenette, it that would have given them a reason to never come down…lol. Thank you for participating!

@Dawnkeyotie Nice façade changes, using the shingles give this Dutch a cottage feel. The window boxes are a nice touch. The landscaping is great for this small yard. The new roofing is also nice. The Lambs like how you moved the 2 stained glass windows down to the 2nd floor and added the circular on the 3rd floor, along with an additional emblem. Great entrance to the primary room in the attic, it is a very spacious and relaxing suite. The couple will enjoy this space. The 2nd-floor landing is an adorable area for their future children and thanks for the bedrooms for each age range. The relocation of the stair created a great space for a laundry room. The division of the living room into an office well is a great use of the space. The dining room and kitchen will great good use. The garage converted gym is just right for working out. Thank you for participating.

@icanhassims The double front porches and landscaping are awesome. The sandbox castle is too cute. I didn't think there was room enough to get a pool but you managed!!! The primary room suite in the attic is spacious, the corner tub is a luxury that will be used, the sofa in front of the fireplace is a nice touch. The Lambs thank you for repairing the 2nd floor over that used to be over the 1st-floor bathroom, (I didn't even notice that makes for a great storyline though…lol) The 2 teem/ child rooms with the bathroom in the middle is a genius layout. The study office and play space off the 2nd-floor landing will be a useful space for their future kids. The mother-in-law suite is great for any visitors. The entry foyer is beautifully decorated. The kitchen is farmhouse cute and well suited for this Dutch Colonial. The dining room is big enough for future family dinners. The living room great for family movie night. The double desk office will come in handy with the Lambs work from home. And they will be putting that garage converted gym to great use. Thanks for participating.

@Pinkusfamily Loving the shiplap/stone façade and roof changes gives the Dutch a mountain feel. The Front porch is awesome! Keeping the vines adds to the mountain feel. The landscaping is made for this house, the backyard is family-ready, and the red maple is a great pop of color. The primary suite in the attic is a nice getaway for the Lamb's, they thank you for his/her closets for their peace of mind. Keisha is in love with the make-up desk you set up for her. I never thought of using the seasonal pleated fan as a curtain, a great idea, I will need to remember that. The 2nd-floor layout is all about the kids and family time, room for each child, and 2 bathrooms to avoid the morning fights, the Lambs say thank you. Wow, you managed to get a lot of rooms on that 1st floor, impressive. Working from home will be a breeze in the home office, the formal living room is a nice place for adult conversations, The kitchen is wonderfully decorated and the dining room is a great room for mealtime check-ins. The craft room/ office is the room to go to for inspiration. The garage converted gym is set up for burning off the stress that comes with raising children. And they are hoping to adopt a boy and make use of the basketball hoop. Thanks for participating.

sJLDmCm.jpg
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    edited March 2021
    AsPQsz5.jpg

The Triplet Briefing:

Background - When these triplets Trace, Jace, and Chase Moreno moved out, they quickly realized it would be cheaper to still live together but they didn't want to share the same spaces, but they are dating and do not want to cramp each other styles… so they bought land and 6 containers to build 3 homes. The container companies also threw in 6 additional abnormal containers for free. While raising more money, some people started using the lot for a trash dump. The boys cleaned it up as much as they could but not all. They do not want to waste any material due to budget so they are asking that you recycle. All three are currently sleeping in one container and using the others in off-the-grid ways, awaiting your design plan and construction.

Household gallery link:

Gallery Lot ID: RMHTriplets BUDGET: $100,000 Lot size: 50x40 Floorplan: 0 story 0bd 0ba Lot/World I used: Vacuous Green , Del Sol Valley

Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/CED477947E1911EB83203CBA924B87DD?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Trinican&max=50&maxis=true
    Household Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C710165D7E1911EB83063CBA924B87DD?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Trinican&max=50&maxis=false

Exterior style:
    Container, rearrange as needed to create at least 3 homes.

Interior style:
    Any removed trash and floors do not count toward your budget.
    Recycle any or walls that you remove back into the build somewhere.
    Any plumbing, windows, doors, appliances, and furniture do count towards the budget.
    If there is already a pool on the property, shrinking or removal count toward your budget.

Landscape Style:
    Party friendly

Issues to resolve / things to know: (MOO is on)
    • Do not change the shape of the containers, you can open the walls between the containers.
    • Must be 3 different homes.
    • They do not want to live off the grid completely but would love options to save on bills.
    • Use the additional abnormal containers in some way (add to the house, create a new space for the 3 to share, etc…

Gallery TAG: #RMHTriplets - DUE 3/19
    CltrF4y.png
    YMSEhdV.png
    ZxZ6Sgf.jpg

Slide Show: https://imgur.com/a/xXrxNbb
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    nali272 wrote: »
    The RMHLAMB request is now closed.

@JosieAnglin The Lamb's great aunt would be thrilled that you did not change the exterior of her home. Nice clean up of the yard. Leaving the vines is a nice touch. The birdbath will bring a nice ambiance for the ears outside. The future Lamb children will enjoy the playground in the backyard. The garage converted gym is wonderful. It will get a lot of use. Now for the interior, great job…had to look at the before pictures…lol. I like the detail of placing the rugs slightly off balance. The kitchen is bigger and better, a nice homage to the old layout using the wallpaper behind the stove! The dining room is bright enough to make sure your morning starts off right. The office/living room has nice separation but not. All of the décor choices are just what the Lamb's needed. Beautiful full bath on the 1st floor. Get execution of the stair relocation, and addition of one to the 3rd floor. On the second floor, the children will love the open play space and the ability to have privacy in their own rooms. Adorable nursery. Great laundry room, the Lambs thank you. In the primary room reading nook is a restful place to read a book, when not watching dancing flames in that fireplace, or cuddling up to watch a movie on the TV. The bathroom is perfect for the 2 of them. They really love their getaway nest in the attic space, you had added a kitchenette, it that would have given them a reason to never come down…lol. Thank you for participating!

Thank you so much for your kind review!! <3 Glad you enjoyed the build! Can't wait to work on the next one :)
    Thanks for the detailed review, @nali272! Hopefully I'll get to this next one too! :)
    I didn't realize this was closing at 6pm. If anyone is curious here is my Gallery Link and slideshow.
    edited March 2021
    @jojomonster - I don't have a set time sorry, you can still submit. I will tour and add my comments. I have noticed over time that usually no- post after 5-6pm central time USA so I usually update the page then. Please don't ever feel like you cannot submit any of the challenges... I always welcome them. BTW...I just viewed the slide show and fell in love with Craig and Keisha's story you created. Going to do the tour now.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    @JojoMOMSTER The façade and roof changes are wonderful, love the Romeo/Juliet balcony above the front door, Aunt Nellie would be happy to see that hardly anything on the exterior has changed. The landscaping is marvelous, like that you left an area for gardening. The backyard sandbox tire is a clever idea! (may have to steal that one…lol) Nice expansion of the back porch and adding skylights especially for the indoor garden section. The primary room in the attic has a great entry, a place to get away and watch adult TV with the kids around, also My Popcan has a place to escape. The double shower is awesome. The bedroom is snug and relaxing. The children's second-floor domain is a great place for them to flourish and be loved. The Lamb's like how you separated the water closet from the shower from the sinks, so there will be NO fighting in the mornings while getting ready for school. The girl's room is springtime lovely, it is going to be a shame when that beautiful nursey gets changed back into an office, and Boston's room will adapt nicely as he grows. I am sure that he will take advantage of the bathroom next to his room instead of sharing the other one with his sisters. The 2nd-floor landing is a great bright entertaining space for the kids. Great auntie and uncle will also be happy to see that some of their older furniture is still stylish enough to keep throughout the 1st-floor! The kitchen make-over will get more use than it has in years now that the house is full of kids along with that picturesque dining room. Hopefully when the nursey gets converted back into an office the kids and continue using the workspaces for homework! Thanks for participating!
    XEOmBAY.jpg
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,761 Member

Hi @nali272 the Triplets homes sound a fun challenge and if I have time to do it can I change the guys in any way? I have DL container lot and the triplets :)
    @luckyheather , you can change them however you want. I only create the clients to help test the shells and create the background story.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    @luckyheather no worries, If you have any questions just ask. Everyone participating has been very helpful in making the challenge what it is today.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    Thank you ever so kindly @nali272 !
    edited March 2021
    Thanks @nali272 :) just wanted to ask is it ok to make walls any height? as I prefer middle height most of the time. I have just started it and putting together the containers is great fun!

I have now run into a real problem, I have some screenshots to show you. I saved each container into a room in my library then used them to create this home/s on the same lot. I did try it on another lot and its the same...the left home the 1st level room and the front part the floor keeps glitching, cant add flooring or any furniture its like its not there. I tried building room again no luck. I even took the platforms away and its the same after putting all rooms back : ( I really like how that 1st home looked if you dont have an idea I will have to build that home again different.
    ASXrnDv.png
    yYxUmxs.png
    Nv26vMW.png

Back again it seems to be that Lot on the left side I tried rebuilding there with no base or platform and the upper level does not work! only a tiny area rear left takes furniture :/ you would not have known.
    Post edited by luckyheather on
    @luckyheather oh wow! so sorry to hear that, you don't have to use that lot if you don't want to, just tell me on your entry form which lot you used so I can tour it there. I just put what lot I use because I was asked some time ago. That sucks, but glad I know, thanks for sharing that with me. Cannot wait to see what you come up with.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    @luckyheather sometimes putting everything to even with ground, saving and then putting back foundations then platforms then basements last works for me.
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    Beautiful Layout there @luckyheather .. Yeah sometimes saving and going back, works. But I do know, with Platforms it gets kind of glitchy..

Thank you for the kind words @nali272 , on The Lambs house..

I have No ideas -with this new challenge..

Diane Pinkus o:)
    edited March 2021
    Thanks everyone :) tomorrow I will demolish that 1 house (rest are ok) and start on the flat like you said @JojoMOMSTER then add some platforms and see if that works better....fingers crossed :) I could not sleep thinking so I got up and now going back to bed, thanks for the encouraging words.
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Does it matter if you don't have eco lifestyle? There are wallpapers that work for containers - will just be missing the container doors - but you would probably put in other doors when making a home anyway. And you said it didin't have to be fully off the grid.
    @becka28 it does not matter if you don't have eco-lifestyle. I would put in other doors if I was converting it.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    Origin ID: NacreousSky
    Link to the gallery: The Eco Commune
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Sure!
    Link to more photo/slideshow: Here
    Leftover funds: 902

Construction Notes:
    - For the landscaping I decided to keep to the concept of them cleaning this lot to use, so I placed sparse dead trees mixed in with a few you can tell the triplets planted to rebuild the land.
    - I wanted to make each house a different style but still have the same foundation. I made each house be very close to being off the grid without actually being off the grid, lol. (lots of repurposing going on around here!)
    - I made one masculine home, one gender neutral home, and a more feminine home.
    - I tried to include a variety of skills; each home offers 2.
    - The shared community lot features a laundry area and an area everyone can hang out together.

Pictures: (there's a ton so if you want to see more click the link above)
    B0DPTzM.png
    cKqUcJY.png
    IPuFsto.png