Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bust the Dust Kit complaints

ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
I bought the Dust Kit for the additional gameplay. I haven’t played TS4 in about 3 months, but I am relatively enjoying this kit, I just have a few complaints.

1) The sparkles around the house when it’s clean are annoying. It sparkles when the game is paused and in Build/Buy mode. It’s too much.

2) I’m already tired of seeing my Sims stop watching tv to get up and vacuum for the 5th time. The autonomy should be tuned. (I used a mod to disable it for the time being.)

3) Sims automatically putting the vacuum cleaner into their inventory after use is annoying. I just want to be able to set the vacuum cleaner in the corner, have them use it, and then have them put it right back in the corner again.

4) The house gets dirty too frequently. One day it said the house was pristine and the very next day, 3 dust bunnies appeared.

5) It’s weird that an entire floor can be filthy and a Sim can vacuum literally in one spot and “magically” the whole floor is clean. Am I the only one who expected Sims to actually roll the vacuum around and go into each individual room? Idk maybe my expectations were unrealistically high.

6) It doesn’t feel like it was worth $5 so far.

Share your own complaints if you have any regarding this Kit.
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited March 2021
    babajayne wrote: »
    Couldn’t help but laugh when they used a vacuum on a puddle in the livestream. And they used a dustbuster to clean grimy countertops. Maybe EA employees can all afford cleaning services so they wouldn’t know?

Say what now? Hahaha
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 439 Member
    It's the kit I skipped as I anticipated it would need patches and fixes. Seemed too good to be true in the stream with Ninja.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited March 2021
    It's the kit I skipped as I anticipated it would need patches and fixes. Seemed too good to be true in the stream with Ninja.

This is the only Kit I was actually looking forward to.

I forgot to add in my OP that Sims do that same thing from Seasons where they enter the house and stop to “admire” the heat. But now they stop to “admire” the clean environment. They do this when they go from 2nd to 1st floor and from 1st to 2nd or however many floors you have if they’re clean. It’s annoying.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Most homes have wood floors thus a vacuum isn't needed. Either use a swifter or the robot cleaner. This appears to be a unthought money grab.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Some one in a different thread mentioned that the Cats & Dogs robo cleaner and the Discover University cleaning bots are not cleaning up the dust like Ninja said they would. Can any one confirm they have tried either of these and whether they worked please?
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited March 2021
    I hate to say it but I agree with pretty much most of the complaints...

The autonomous vacuum is a lot. I couldn’t even get my sim to finish her meal because she kept getting up to vacuum.

The dust appears to often and with to much dust. I was hoping it would be a gradual build up over time but it just sort appears from nowhere and multiple times a day. I know dust happens but usually when you clean it will then stay clean for at least a few days.

The vacuum going in the inventory is the worst offender on the list of complaints. I want one vacuum for everybody in the household cause that is the realistic way but it’s impossible when it just goes into the inventory of the first sim that picks it up.

I don’t feel annoyed by the sparkles but at the same time they feel unnecessary and I don’t mind about the price really.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Ughh man this is the one I was most excited about. Should have known it would have the most issues though. Hope it gets some tuning before I pick it up. Thanks for the info.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited March 2021
    Most homes have wood floors thus a vacuum isn't needed.

umm.... you do still need to vacuum even if you have wood floors... i should know living in log cabin that gets dusty in record time

well unless ofcourse youd like to live among them dust bunnies
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • MarmaladeJadeMarmaladeJade Posts: 108 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    Some one in a different thread mentioned that the Cats & Dogs robo cleaner and the Discover University cleaning bots are not cleaning up the dust like Ninja said they would. Can any one confirm they have tried either of these and whether they worked please?

I think it's a bug. I just can't remember if there's a thread about it on Support.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

I think it's a bug. I just can't remember if there's a thread about it on Support.

OK thank you. I nearly bought it but I shall wait and see if it's ever fixed.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited March 2021
    I used the roomba from Cats & Dogs (all upgrades) and it worked... But this could still be a bug for others on different systems.

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • SimmerJillerskiSimmerJillerski Posts: 56 Member
    I saw a tweet someone posted that the Country kitchen counter has a texture glitch if it gets dirty.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    This is very helpful giving insight to how the system works currently. Thanks for starting this thread.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    I'm still considering whether or not to buy the pack, so thanks for the useful info. I have a few questions if you don't mind...

1) are the sparkles just on floors or objects too? Are there many in each room or more subtle?
    2) does point 2 stop if you have autonomy turned off?
    3) I guess point 3 is like nifty knitting for me, I like to see the work baskets on the floor not hidden in their inventory. So I buy 2. One for deco, one for their inventory. I guess it would be expensive to do it with hoovers but we could cheat the cost back.
    4) was it just a few random dust bunnies or was the place actually dirty all over again?
    5) do they need to hoover in each room or does hoovering one spot clear and entire house level?
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I have not played with it extensively, but I haven't had a large amount of problems. Just to test it, I put three vacuums down in a home of 8. I did not notice any Sim autonomously vacuuming, and one is a neat Sim. Then again, I never let it go lower than the first level of dust myself so maybe it is an autonomous behaviour at lower levels.

I was also play a haunted house in heroic mode at the time (which could explain some autonomy screw ups, I guess, because I was fighting my Sims even with the brave trait to do simple stuff) and only really noticed it getting dirty in either the bedroom floor or the first floor where the ghosts were setting the guests on fire repeatedly. A dust bunny showed up, but immediately disappeared when I cleaned up the scorch marks.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

I saw someone say that they used the roomba but that it was not enough and needed to use the vacuum as well. I'm guessing they could have used 2-3 roombas and got the same effect.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    Ughh man this is the one I was most excited about. Should have known it would have the most issues though. Hope it gets some tuning before I pick it up. Thanks for the info.
    I was somewhat interested in Bust the Dust before the stream and very interested after the stream. The two new aspirations seem really nice. But I think I'll have to wait as well. Thanks!
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I bought the Dust Kit for the additional gameplay. I haven’t played TS4 in about 3 months, but I am relatively enjoying this kit, I just have a few complaints.

1) The sparkles around the house when it’s clean are annoying. It sparkles when the game is paused and in Build/Buy mode. It’s too much.

2) I’m already tired of seeing my Sims stop watching tv to get up and vacuum for the 5th time. The autonomy should be tuned. (I used a mod to disable it for the time being.)

3) Sims automatically putting the vacuum cleaner into their inventory after use is annoying. I just want to be able to set the vacuum cleaner in the corner, have them use it, and then have them put it right back in the corner again.

4) The house gets dirty too frequently. One day it said the house was pristine and the very next day, 3 dust bunnies appeared.

5) It’s weird that an entire floor can be filthy and a Sim can vacuum literally in one spot and “magically” the whole floor is clean. Am I the only one who expected Sims to actually roll the vacuum around and go into each individual room? Idk maybe my expectations were unrealistically high.

6) It doesn’t feel like it was worth $5 so far.

Share your own complaints if you have any regarding this Kit.

Lol. Well you can move your sim from place to place to vacuum.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    Couldn’t help but laugh when they used a vacuum on a puddle in the livestream. And they used a dustbuster to clean grimy countertops. Maybe EA employees can all afford cleaning services so they wouldn’t know?
    Lol.... lol!

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Thanks for the insight!! This is exactly why I was hesitant to get it : I was afraid the houses would get dirty all the time, the sparkles feel annoying , and I do find the dust bunnies immersion breaking/unrealistic, I wish there was a toggle to disable them but keep the dust effects otherwise.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

One of my small annoyances in my play session yesterday was that my sims didn't use thevacuum autonomously. I wish they start doing it but of course not to the point of not doing anything else...

Oh i had to buy two vacuum cleaners. I have a family of 6 and i was always forgetting who has the vacuum on his pocket? 😅 i wish it did stay there for everyone's use.

Did it happen in a small household? In my game it was def a challenge but i thnk that it may be because my household is big (6sims)... i think i heard guru say that the velocity of this would depend in several things including the size of the household. Anyway today or tomorrow i'll be moving my ya sim and she'll live alone so i can check it better.

I actually like this. I was stressing about small spaces and that the vacuum wouldn't fit or that dust wouldn't accumulate in small spaces and it could look awkward but it did clean it all just from one spot (that you can choose as long as there is space to use the vacuum). But then my sims are living in a huge three floor house so i find it more practical...

Anyway i love it! Finally the balance from keeping home life and other goals/adventures is harder to mantain.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I'm still considering whether or not to buy the pack, so thanks for the useful info. I have a few questions if you don't mind...

1) are the sparkles just on floors or objects too? Are there many in each room or more subtle?
    2) does point 2 stop if you have autonomy turned off?
    3) I guess point 3 is like nifty knitting for me, I like to see the work baskets on the floor not hidden in their inventory. So I buy 2. One for deco, one for their inventory. I guess it would be expensive to do it with hoovers but we could cheat the cost back.
    4) was it just a few random dust bunnies or was the place actually dirty all over again?
    5) do they need to hoover in each room or does hoovering one spot clear and entire house level?

1) i have noticed only in the floor but i personally don't find it annoying. When my sim gets home (i'm doing an active career so i go out whit him) i can check what floor needs some mantaining really quicly.

2) i played with autonomy on and my sims haven't used the vacuum autonomously not once... something maybe is wrong with my game... i wosh they did but i would hate if it did so much as it's happening with OP and others...

3) that's a good workaround. Thanks.

4) my home got really dirty in about one day after being pristine. I think it may be because my household is big and Ninja said something about how that influences in the stream. But i'ld like to confirm it with others that are playing with smaller households.

5) hoovering one stop cleanes the entire floor. But difepending on how dirty the floor is you'll have to vacuum 1, 2 or 3 times. You can change spot as long as there's enough space or just clean at the same spot over and over and the whole floor gets clean.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited March 2021
    Agree with the inventory. I mean it is cool that we can put it in there, I just wish it wasn't an autonomous action. I want my sims to put it back where it belongs. If I want a vacuum in their inventory then I will put it there myself. And yeah, kits are expensive. Especially in my country. All pack types are.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p