March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Kits - Bite-size packs, big possibilities

Comments

• Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    So you've finally done it. You've added microtransactions to The Sims. Giving it a cute name does not take away that fact at all. Let's just call it like it is.

It's still your choice to get them or not.
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I like the price and I can skip the dust bunnies. No CAS or BB means I don't need it for downloading off the gallery. It's a win for me!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    So you've finally done it. You've added microtransactions to The Sims. Giving it a cute name does not take away that fact at all. Let's just call it like it is.

The Sims 2 store sold sets like this 16 years ago. Allowing us to buy single items in the Sims 3 store was microtransactions, although you could also still buy complete sets. This isn't new, what is new is that there is no separate store.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    the vaccum stuff should have been in the base game, and the country kitchen should have gone with Kitchen pack.

But it didn't 😂
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    @Atreya33 they did say that the expensive hoover could be upgraded to work off the grid, not sure if that is the same for all of them.

You can also clean by hand if you have no hoover, it just takes longer to get clean.

@LiELF you totally summed up my final thoughts. Except that I do want the hoover kit ;)

I definitely will not buy the clothing kit as I felt it wasn't equal to the others at all. I found the outfits quite meh, they were not spread equally enough across ages and genders and no new hair. Most of the items were too similar to what we already have.
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    LOVE the kitchen kit!! Love the price too!! $5 is great for these!
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,782 Member
    I still read the title as "New Kids on the Block" ... :joy:
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    telmarina wrote: »
    Oh i couldn't watch it all 😥😥 i did watch the cas and bb ones... so how's the bust the dust? Can anyonr fill me in?
    *i love the cas one!!

Bust The Dust:
    • works with the robot vac from C&D
    • works with maids
    • works with existing traits in game, so lazy sims won't autonomously clean much, slobs won't care if it's dirty, neat sims will be very uncomfortable in dirty environments and be more compelled to clean autonomously, as will squeamish sims, and foodies will find it hard to cook if it's dirty.
    • It can be difficult to woohoo in dirty homes if your sim isn't a slob
    • there are 2 new aspirations
    • kids can earn Parenthood traits for helping vacuum if you have that pack installed.
    • The cleaning bot from Discover University works with the dust system
    • If the environment is really dirty some sims will "rage clean" and gain energy from it.
    • you can turn off dust effects in the current household and just have the vacs for aesthetics if you like
    • You can encourage/demand other sims to clean for you

That's just what I can remember. If you can watch a replay of the stream I highly recommend it. BTD is the last pack he covers but he goes deep into it. There's not a lot of BB and no CAS but there's a ton of gameplay.

Thanks for the recap. I like that we can turn the dust system off. I might get this pack at some point after all.

Was there any talk about dust in off the grid lots because I assume vacuum cleaners need power?

Yes! Thanks for reminding me @Atreya33 you can upgrade the vacuums to work off the grid!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Oh my goodness, Ellupellullu; I kept think that the Throwback was New Kids on the Block. Way too funny. :D
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Lol the title is clever I have to admit
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,710 Member
    edited March 2021
    The kitchen kit comes with two new recipes.

The tuna casserole and vegetable casserole can be prepared at level 10 of the Cooking Skill. Visually, they look the same; the vegetable casserole is just a vegetarian alternative to the tuna casserole.

https://simscommunity.info/2021/03/02/the-sims-4-country-kitchen-kit-overview/

ETA: Unfortunately the information on the two new recipes is incorrect. These were already available in game.
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    @simgirl1010 LOL, guess them lazy slob sims will have to clean or hire a maid! Love it <3
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    The backlash on YouTube is real though. Haven't seen so many dislikes since Batuu.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member

The tuna casserole and vegetable casserole can be prepared at level 10 of the Cooking Skill. Visually, they look the same; the vegetable casserole is just a vegetarian alternative to the tuna casserole.

Haven’t we always had the tuna and vegetable casserole at level 10 cooking? I’ve had these dishes in my game for years unless it’s a tuna bake I can’t remember it’s exact name.

The colors are brighter because it's an outside pic.
    netney52 wrote: »

Haven’t we always had the tuna and vegetable casserole at level 10 cooking? I’ve had these dishes in my game for years unless it’s a tuna bake I can’t remember it’s exact name.

@netney, you're correct. Sorry for the misinformation.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    netney52 wrote: »

@netney, you're correct. Sorry for the misinformation.

That’s ok 🙂 I was hoping we would get some new recipes with the casserole dish it’s a shame we are not.
  • winterdaywinterday Posts: 16 Member
    So excited about all of these!!! :p
  • sovereignsimmersovereignsimmer Posts: 35 Member
    edited March 2021
    I regret buying these kits and here is the reason why:

Dust system is a huge flop. The way the dust is being generated is super unrealistic and frustrating, in a couple of sim hours you can see dust piling up and bunnies sniffing around and this is unacceptable. We have been asking for more gameplay, not a feature that would make the rest of the game unplayable. It has to be hotfixed.
    You guys (the sims team) could at least leave it up to players to decide how fast the surroundings get dirty, like fast (current speed) - normal (dust build up in a couple of sim days) - slow (dust build up in a sim week or two).

Dust system is not integrated with any of the packs.
    • Filthy lot trait (City Living) has no effect on how fast the dust builds up.
    • Cats & Dogs cleaning bot is not cleaning the dust. It is supposed to be a smart vacuum cleaner too, right?
    • Discover University cleaning robots do not clean the dust.
    • Spellcasters cannot scruberoo the dust piles or the dust bunnies.

It is just another weak system implemented in rush, without considering any of the previous game features. The worst part is, I cannot find that toggle to turn off the dust, in gameplay options. Since the sims team will NEVER take this feedback and do something about it, I will have to wait for a modder to handle this issue.

The catalog filter is not working. I chose "kits" to list items but it didn't work at all. I tried it with and without mods, in existing saves and new saves. So this is just another bug that needs to be fixed... but probably will never be, considering the team's speed (it took them almost a decade to even admit the skin tone issue, remember?)

I made a mistake, you guys don't do that. If I knew all of these I have listed above, I wouldn't have thrown my money at them like a fool. I feel scammed but it is not a scam, of course, everything is so right on paper, they never promised smarter gameplay...
    Wait, what? The initial sims 4 release...
    oh boy.
    Post edited by sovereignsimmer on
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I regret buying these kits and here is the reason why:

[
    [*]Filthy lot trait (City Living) has no effect on how fast the dust builds up.
    [*] Cats & Dogs cleaning bot is not cleaning the dust. It is supposed to be a smart vacuum cleaner too, right?
    [*] Discover University cleaning robots do not clean the dust.
    [*] Spellcasters cannot scruberoo the dust piles or the dust bunnies.
    [/list]

They specifically mentioned in the live stream that the C&D cleaner and DU cleaning bots would clean the dust. This isn't happening? Is any one else having this problem?
    Shame about Spellcasters D:
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Soooo glad I didn't buy the dust bunnies. I knew I'd hate that immediately and figured it'd be overkill like most things in the game. (NAP's anyone????)

Thanks for the warning @simmercactus !!!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    I'm liking the CAS more than I thought I would.

F8KKQIr.png

I just wish the top was normal length.